test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Apostrophe

I just wanted to say; perhaps we could all feel a little better about this game we love if the people making new things could care enough to do something as simple as use an apostrophe correctly on the advertisements that you show us every time we log in. It's not "New ITEM'S in Mudd's", it's "New ITEMS In Mudd's". Apostrophes are meant to refer to possession, the items are not in possession of anything. Also, I sent messages to multiple contact emails on both Cryptic and Perfect World sites to try to get the players some answers to their support requests regarding not being able to use characters that have bought things from your new sales, because those characters have been blue-screening when trying to load into the game when they are at one of the major hubs (ESD, DS9, and especially Qo'nos). Like them, I have since recieved zero responses.

While I don't like to speak for others, I'm sure there are many of us who are grateful for what you DO get right and the new content you bring to the game. Thank you for that, seriously, thank you. However, you need to step up your game in the direct support department. While you're at it, maybe even the 'tailor/my character won't rotate half the time and I have to completely close the game and reopen it' problem... That has been there for literally YEARS.

Please and thank you.

-Dustin 'The Kommissar' Whode
Temporal Integrity Commission
11 Year Veteran and Supporter
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    To be fair, I havent seen incorrect use of apostroph's all too much. ;)

Im more annoyed by the random capitalisation of common words. You know, words like 'Event' (when not used as part of a proper noun), 'Console' (when not used to refer to Xbox or PS4) or stuff like 'Specialization' (which is the wrong spelling anyway :) ).

Besides that, the only major annoyance is the use of American English. :) And perhaps the random use of things like colons and hyphens which can make it difficult to find some items on the exchange.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I don't let incorrect use of spelling/characters bother me. Most of the time it just amuses me now to see 'where' used for 'were', 'your' used for 'you're', etc.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Nobody's perfect. Even seen typos in novels before so... *shrug*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    You should read the whoppers that occur in newspapers, which have dedicated editors. (Some so bad, you'd think the editor must have been asleep.) And you can, just do a search for newspaper headline typos. Meanwhile, a quote from an old screensaver comes to mind, so I'll share it here.
    Spell checkers are far form prefect. They no the rite spilling of everything, but the meaning of noting.
This discussion has been closed.