test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• bornbaddbornbadd Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I did the same with my brother, i gave him my username/password and he claimed the Tribble for me.

He deleted (username/password) after he was done.

He never had any Trouble with STO, no crashes, no graphic errors this is so unfair :( :eek:
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • trahdahlintrahdahlin Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bornbadd wrote: »
    btw ...this is Great lmao ~!

LOL Your welcome!! Posted it in a facebook group...the dig it!!! I just had to make one, what else am I supposed to do? I cannot play STO anyway.

And BTW, nice response to the person about sharing account info online. Just stating the obvious and I was just stating the facts. Help is always nice from the correct source. And if my friend were to delete any of my stuff or any of that nonsense, it would just put a hindrance on the fleet. Don't you think not being able to play is bad enough? Even if he did take over my account, again, it would just be bad for the fleet(at least ours). Yes he would have another account, but if you can only play one at a time, what is the point really? You just waste the experience of the game itself. Never would I willingly give up my account info if I knew I was in danger. What do you really take me for? Nothing other than an extremely agitated and a very disgruntled STO player at this point, i can tell you that much.

DEATH.....TO KING.....LOUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Another day, another 25664664.

Well comrades been trying to find a way to boost my char and found a (very small) loophole to earn a little zen a day.

The earn zen section of this site currently has two videos up, watching them nets three zen each. 6 zen might not seem like much but they don't appear to have put in repeat defence so it can be repeated daily.

42 zen a week is marginally better than nothing and you dont even have to stay on the tab. 6 zen for seconds work isnt too shabby. For once the bugs are in our favour.

18 zen down, 3082 to go till I've made up the lobi we've lost (so far) in zen value.

Sigh. Getting excited about earning as much zen in a week as I normally earn in 2 days grinding. I'm obviously in withdrawl.

Some of the others are pretty good too if you can get them too work. One offers 1200 zen for singning up to moo business cards (just use a spam email account) and another abour 130 zen for signing up to nielson.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Everybody knows about the earn Zen. lols

Here we are, 15 days later, still waiting for a fix.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Greetings, with the server down for maintenance, thought I'd pop back into forum to see who's still posting. Some very familiar names and funny posts. Hope you all get back in soon. May the great bird of the galaxy bless your planet ( or in this case your computer).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • werx138werx138 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    What's your error ticket going into the Holodeck? As far as I can tell, the last Tribble Server Patch notes was just server stability.

I didn't submit a ticket, so I don't have a number. I don't think Tribble was completely stable either. After I exited the game my graphics were all glitched (kind of a hatched effect everywhere I moved my mouse) until I rebooted.
    edited November 2013
    The Great Bird of the Galaxy has been missing for 15 days. lols
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank goodness our former leader had the idea to set up a little forum for our fleet, so I could tell them there.

Well, at least they found a way to reproduce the error.
    Gives me hope to be in game sorta soon.
    Though I sometimes fear that this computer won't be able to handle the stuff anymore... :/
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • aneofthedustaneofthedust Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    today is the 15th day you boys are locked out of the game and that makes me sad :/
    OP Revell : Vote for Vesta!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Congratulations, Cryptic! You have just made Star Trek Online the most pathetic online MMO ever created.

I tried loading the launcher. Before today's patch, I could get past the loading screen and to the character screen (albeit it with a black screen before it crashed). NOW? Gets to the first loading page before it gives me an all-white screen and then crashes with no error number.

PATHETIC!!!
    edited November 2013
    18897741 ~ The journey continues ~!! :(
    edited November 2013
    You are lucky. For me? The launcher crashes right when I load it. It's worse than it was before.
  • redandblack1redandblack1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    another week,another patch and the 18897741 error still there,i am thinking to quit the game and start play swtor....
  • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ticket: 18897741

I did't expect it to work so i am not dissapointed :)

*more patience*

To Fix a Game first you have to find a Fix
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It wasn't in this patch but if you check the latest updates...Branflakes said they had the error replicated. Hopefully they can get a fix in today and maybe tomorrow do a short update to the game so that we can take part in the ship sale going on. (4300 zen waiting for me!)
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
    edited November 2013
    It wasn't in this patch but if you check the latest updates...Branflakes said they had the error replicated. Hopefully they can get a fix in today and maybe tomorrow do a short update to the game so that we can take part in the ship sale going on. (4300 zen waiting for me!)
    One could hope , its a short week and all .....I guess we should all focus on what we have to be thankful for , its not this but.....(trails off mumbling to himself ) Be well all , catch ya next week ~!
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Great we are at the 15 day mark of CtD and now they are having a ship sale that we are going to miss out on ;(
  • gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still got the same error code! Has any body heard anything about a fix. In this case no news is bad news. Two weeks without STOL
  • pointsixpercentpointsixpercent Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Ah sorry, my post is a little misleading. Email works whether or not they're logged on. Also, you can only email your friends on newly created account.

deokkant

Hey, what's that picture of on your Leper i.d. card? is it Jerry from Enemy Mine 1985 ??
    edited November 2013
    15 days'

times

15 lobi

equals

my items worth

i question the decision to introduce a new major upgrade whilest in the midst of such a promotion as free lobi.

i tell you, if i get back in game and the lobi was in a nice mail gift for me i'd probably buy zen again.. if not, i doubt i'll ever forget such an inconsideration
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gitto82 wrote: »
    Still got the same error code! Has any body heard anything about a fix. In this case no news is bad news. Two weeks without STOL

They were finally able to replicate the error in the shop so that is half the battle over with. Now comes the other 50%.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't know about you guys but I will log in the game and use this great ship sale offer right now and ...

Oh TRIBBLE, I forgot:(

Anyway, I will just use the Z Store on the Website and...
    Oh... Right, they removed it.

Well... I think I will sit this one out
  • vonrockeyvonrockey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Would have liked to get into the game. But going on 2 weeks now that can not. Are they going to fix it before the free things gone? Or just out of luck trying to get?
    edited November 2013
    They were finally able to replicate the error in the shop so that is half the battle over with. Now comes the other 50%.

before this new problem kept me from playing the game, i did notice that the character select screen had a message on the bottom bar that said "pixel shader creation failed... ... .."

why even bother changing the splash screens, i'd rather see white lines then no renderd lines at all
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    deokkant

Hey, what's that picture of on your Leper i.d. card? is it Jerry from Enemy Mine 1985 ??

Its a Photo of pre production Vidian Prosthetic I found online.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    edited November 2013
    This is why I refuse to spend money on this game. Cryptic can't even get the game to load correctly, not to mention that the game itself is so buggy that it doesn't even allow you to change uniforms with each toon. This is why I'm seriously thinking of ditching STO and just head over to SWTOR. At least their game is not this buggy.
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Tries to load STO, sees ship sale. Crosses fingers and prays latest patch has fixed it.

IM BACK IN THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discounted Excelsior here I come.

Really didnt think it'd work.

EDIT:

Never mind. I tried to warp out of Bajor system and it crashed, with the return of 25664664. The utter scumbag. I never knew one lie of numbers could contain such sadism and hatred.

Actually the last time my friend parked my shp in Bajor I was able to load. Whats so special about the Bajor space map that it's the only one which I can load?

Might be on to something, though probably not. Just thought it worth mentioning.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • johnsonmyrejohnsonmyre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    This is why I refuse to spend money on this game. Cryptic can't even get the game to load correctly, not to mention that the game itself is so buggy that it doesn't even allow you to change uniforms with each toon. This is why I'm seriously thinking of ditching STO and just head over to SWTOR. At least their game is not this buggy.

Glad for ya, not all of us have the HDD space or requirements to play that.
This discussion has been closed.