• Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms ttrouter [192.168.1.1]
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 9 ms 8 ms 9 ms ae54-ner002.csm.as13285.net [78.144.1.19]
    4 11 ms 11 ms 13 ms ae54-scr101.loh.as13285.net [78.144.1.18]
    5 13 ms 12 ms 12 ms akamai.prolexic.com [195.66.224.31]
    6 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms po110.bs-a.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.192]
    7 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms a72-52-1-187.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.1.187]
    8 15 ms 19 ms 21 ms ae120.access-a.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.197]
    9 230 ms 193 ms 160 ms 93.191.173.11
    10 91 ms 91 ms 90 ms a209-200-147-156.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [209.200.147.156]
    11 99 ms 96 ms 96 ms 198.49.243.237
    12 92 ms 95 ms 92 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]

Just the usual TRIBBLE. trying to run form one area of Dyson Battlezone to the next and rubberbanding. I need to explore other MMO's as this is becoming unacceptable and really starting to TRIBBLE me off
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    You just got to love this game. Logged in refined dil and converted to Zen opened Admiralty and tried to collect complete mission game serer not responds me and disconnects me. Log straight back and in and stuck on loading for character page for any character. Had to close the game and relaunch to be able to get past character selection screen. God knows what actual game play is going to be like.

Its 2020 with fibre and gigabyte broadband speeds available not the 1990's with 56Kbps dial up speeds get your act together Cryptic
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    You just got to love this game. Logged in refined dil and converted to Zen opened Admiralty and tried to collect complete mission game serer not responds me and disconnects me. Log straight back and in and stuck on loading for character page for any character. Had to close the game and relaunch to be able to get past character selection screen. God knows what actual game play is going to be like.

Its 2020 with fibre and gigabyte broadband speeds available not the 1990's with 56Kbps dial up speeds get your act together Cryptic

I can't even load into character selection :D
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Hi Cryptic,

Last night I had three disconnects and a lot of rubberbanding playing the new episode Khitomer Discord on my main Federation character. I played from 10 PM-12 PM or so EST. At one time my character was frozen because of the lag and I waited a long time until they were not frozen and was able to move. Glad I was able to finish the episode but that was frustrating. The rubberbanding appeared around the 10:30 PM mark or so as well as about 30 minutes before that as well. Please get to the bottom of this and fix it! Last night, the game was pretty much unplayable at a certain point until the server stabilized. It was not my connection. My ISP is CenturyLink. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I got round to deleting my windows partition and reinstalling everything from scratch.
    So far the results are

the Dyson Battlezone still has lots of rubberbanding and power tray misfires and lag. The 2-3 sec pauses have cleared up thou

Crystal Entity still has a bit of rubberbanding.

Azure Nebula had a spell where my powers all misfired and my beams weren't doing damage due to a lag spike

Starbase One and Infected Space seemed pretty smooth as did Gateway to Gre'thor and Brotherhood of the Sword and Terock Nor

DS9 and SFA seemed ok as well

Accessing spec trees was quicker still a slight pause but one 1/2 secs down from 5/6 secs.

I did have a crash when activating the Red Angel Suit in Dyson Command Centre and had that pain in bottom moment when the game crashes but the last image/frame at the crash is still on the desktop so you have to restart the PC to regain access to your desktop because the desktop is hidden behind it.

Edit

Spoke to soon rubberbanding is becoming more frequent and I've started seeing those 2-3 pauses again. This is a fresh install of both Windows 10 64bit and STO with no other games or apps installed other than what comes with Windows out the gates.
    Post edited by ussvaliant2#1952 on
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    > @"lexers624#8781" said:
    > (Quote)
    > Why did you reinstall as the problem is on Cryptic's side?

I wanted to eliminate any possibility of the fault being on my side. And try the impossible and improve my experience and get back to several years ago when I could login all day and not see a single instance of rubberbanding or power tray misfires. I miss those days. Dyson Battlezone it's a gift to go over a minute without rubberbanding.

It's been over 2 years of rubberbanding/lag/powertray misfires. I see the Lag hunting Thread 2 in discussions section of the forum is no longer there. Does this mean they have the info they need to act and sort out the problem or are we going to continue having a game in 2020 feel like its running on a 1990's 56k dialup and they just throw gamble boxes at us and leave the servers on life support
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Getting a lot of SNR's when opening trait boxes. I mainly only seem to get SNR's when doing that.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    > @"sgtfloydpepper#7911" said:
    > Getting a lot of SNR's when opening trait boxes. I mainly only seem to get SNR's when doing that.

Ah I have a question once opened and SNR stops do the Traits work?.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    4:08am in the morning UK time
    Dyson Battlezone (why? I like this zone despite it being the worst area for server performance just behind the Contested Zone)
    Issue - Rubberbanding. I can't even run down the tunnel to exit the Command centre without 2 steps forward 1 step back at present

I'm still using the same Graphic settings as I've done for the 5 years.

I decided to just watch the Dyson Sphere Generator Control. The one with the dohickey that progresses along the rail. It stutters and stops as it chugs along.

1 <1 ms <1 ms 1 ms ttrouter [192.168.1.1]
    3 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms ae54-ner002.csm.as13285.net [78.144.1.19]
    4 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms ae54-scr101.loh.as13285.net [78.144.1.18]
    5 14 ms 12 ms 13 ms akamai.prolexic.com [195.66.224.31]
    6 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms po110.bs-a.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.192]
    7 12 ms 13 ms 13 ms a72-52-1-187.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.1.187]
    8 14 ms 14 ms 14 ms ae120.access-a.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.197]
    9 85 ms 85 ms 87 ms 93.191.173.11
    10 93 ms 91 ms 92 ms a209-200-147-156.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [209.200.147.156]
    11 103 ms 94 ms 94 ms 198.49.243.237
    12 92 ms 93 ms 92 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]

The imgur links are Talktalk showing I have a healthy BB connection and a speedtest showing I have 68.1mbps Upload and 18.5mbps download with latency to a London Server at 12ms I'm in Plymouth a distance of 215 miles

https://imgur.com/LrP6MbV

https://i.imgur.com/hTEQUNr.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Rubberbanding and getting an experience akin to someone messing around with the DVD player remote and hitting pause unpause in the Dyson Battlezone again

Speed test says my download 64.1 mbps and upload is 18.5 mbps with latency at 12 ms at time of this post.

I usually have the graphic set to medium. Even if I lower them to the lowest setting it makes no difference other than the game is so poorly rendered there would be no point logging on using those settings.

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms ttrouter [192.168.1.1]
    3 9 ms 9 ms 8 ms ae54-ner002.csm.as13285.net [78.144.1.19]
    4 11 ms 12 ms 11 ms ae54-scr101.loh.as13285.net [78.144.1.18]
    5 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms akamai.prolexic.com [195.66.224.31]
    6 15 ms 16 ms 16 ms po110.bs-a.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.192]
    7 16 ms 16 ms 15 ms a72-52-1-187.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.1.187]
    8 14 ms 13 ms 14 ms ae120.access-a.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.197]
    9 93 ms 94 ms 90 ms 93.191.173.11
    10 95 ms 94 ms 95 ms a209-200-147-156.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [209.200.147.156]
    11 98 ms 96 ms 94 ms 198.49.243.237
    12 94 ms 94 ms 94 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]

I have done basically everything I can my side to find a solution outside of buying a new PC but I don't have a minimum £1500 to buy a half decent entry level gaming PC.

I've even turned off my anti-virus and firewall and nope nada

So Cryptic and I'm going to bold in my statement here the fault lies either directly at your end or the ISP that provides you service
  • Options
    voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    One of the main obstacles to solving the "lag" issue may be the focus on the idea that it is a networking issue. There are plenty of indications that STO was built on top of the same base code as City of Heroes (Cryptic's first MMO) and COH has a yet-to-be-found, intermittent mapserver issue which causes map-wide sluggishness and response delay which is only solved when the mapserver is shut down and replaced with another instance (there are lots of instances of the mapserver program.. one for each independent map.. including every instance of every mission map that is being used), with empty mapservers sticking around for a while in case they can be re-used before shutting down.

On COH the problem is much less frequent, but the existing COH servers are all 3rd party private servers with populations a fraction the size of STO. There has also been years of divergence from that base code which may have led to an exacerbation of the issue.

When people experience rubber-banding they should try saying something in chat, or sending themselves a tell to see if the lag is present in the chatserver too, which is a separate program. If it is then its probably network related... if not, it may be an indication that its the mapserver being an issue not actual connectivity issues.
  • Options
    syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Hi Cryptic,

Last night I had three disconnects and a lot of rubberbanding playing the new episode Khitomer Discord on my main Federation character. I played from 10 PM-12 PM or so EST. At one time my character was frozen because of the lag and I waited a long time until they were not frozen and was able to move. Glad I was able to finish the episode but that was frustrating. The rubberbanding appeared around the 10:30 PM mark or so as well as about 30 minutes before that as well. Please get to the bottom of this and fix it! Last night, the game was pretty much unplayable at a certain point until the server stabilized. It was not my connection. My ISP is CenturyLink. Thanks. :)

If you get bad lag where you cant even walk for a long time check your bandwidth usage. Normal usage should be like 1-4k bytes per sec There is an micropatcher server that will try to update the game files while your playing. You can fix it by turning on demand game patching off and forcing verify files on option in launcher. It will download 2-3gb extra game files and store them on your hdd but fixes lag from patching them if there is a crc glitch or something.

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Hi Cryptic,

If you get bad lag where you cant even walk for a long time check your bandwidth usage. Normal usage should be like 1-4k bytes per sec There is an micropatcher server that will try to update the game files while your playing. You can fix it by turning on demand game patching off and forcing verify files on option in launcher. It will download 2-3gb extra game files and store them on your hdd but fixes lag from patching them if there is a crc glitch or something.

I always have On-Demand Patching off and have done a Force Verify other times but that has done nothing. I do not always suffer lag but when I do it can be atrocious. I will be so glad when the lag disappears for me and the rest of the players. Thanks for the advice though.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    The other day I was trying to leave the transporter room on Quonos and 5 times I got bounced from the door back to the transporter pad right inside the wall. I thought for a minute that the transporter operator didnt want me to leave.
  • Options
    natasha#7907 natasha Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Captains - we've heard your feedback that some of you are experiencing lag and rubberbanding more than usual in our game. Please take the time to fill out this survey so we can investigate the issue in detail.

bit.ly/2TDZcDB

Anyone would think you guys were running a bit coin farming sideline on the servers. But of course no one would do that, it must just be down to the usual bad STO/Cryptic organisation.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Aside from rubberbanding, what about the intermittent "Lost Connection to Game Server"?
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    midwayacemidwayace Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I find it frustrating that since the last patch my screen goes black for a second or two. The sounds continue but the video goes down. There is no pattern for the loss of video. Lag, just go to DS-9 or try to do the Nukara ground in the caves. SNR is our biggest problem. This is truly aggravating because I get a leaver penalty on top of losing out on the mission rewards. I know that you guys know what the underlying issues are. Question is will you fix the problem?
  • Options
    I think the ship has sailed on this thread and the other one in the General Discussion forum. Cryptic/PWE no longer seem interested in the Lag/Rubberbanding/SNR or disconnections, well it certainly feels like it
  • Options
    Fking game just robbed me of time and reward.

In midst of a V-Rex fight on to my 2nd dino when SNR-Disconnected and Too many login attempts meaning having to close the game launcher to desktop and fresh restart.

Did my internet go down nope :(
  • Options
    I've been trying to get a video capture of the rubberbanding but every time it starts and I activate video capture it stops. I don't want to keep the capture running for more than a couple mins as it eats up hard drive space
  • Options
    accordvtec77accordvtec77 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    I had a thought...since Cryptic has no intention of doing anything about the constant rubberbanding...maybe they should incorporate it into the upcoming Risa events. The floater races for example...the winner shouldn't be the first to cross the finish line...it should be whoever gets rubberbanded the furthest. Bonus favors if you can get rubberbanded all the way back to the starting line! Same with the board races and the biathlon. Rubberband Man by The Spinners should ALSO be playing while these races are in progress...
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    I think the ship has sailed on this thread and the other one in the General Discussion forum. Cryptic/PWE no longer seem interested in the Lag/Rubberbanding/SNR or disconnections, well it certainly feels like it
    It's not about having a discussion about this. It never was. A fellow player explained the whole situation in a nutshell:
    tasshena wrote: »
    This again? I'm more convinced than ever that you just want to collect enough anomalous cases that you can try to claim it isn't Akamai Technologies causing nearly all of it, when it is.
    For example, if Cryptic can collect enough statistical artefacts ans anomalies, they'll be able to scapegoat just about anything but Akamai and the hamster powered servers.
    You've got that backwards. They'd love to prove it's not Akamai, because then they could do something about it. As it stands, all they can do is beg every ISP that might at some point host a node in the path to stop using Akamai's DDoS-protection software, and that seems about as likely as getting players to stop trying to blame Cryptic for everything that happens across the 'net.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    You've got that backwards. They'd love to prove it's not Akamai, because then they could do something about it. As it stands, all they can do is beg every ISP that might at some point host a node in the path to stop using Akamai's DDoS-protection software, and that seems about as likely as getting players to stop trying to blame Cryptic for everything that happens across the 'net.

If that were the case, then you'd see it in other games, too. Other online games I've played don't have nearly the connection issues that STO does. It's either Cryptic's ISP, or it's their networking code (or both).