test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    aneofthedustaneofthedust Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    and 14866681 strikes again
    fixed
    OP Revell : Vote for Vesta!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, back to the same old crashed black screen and error data:

AND, we're back to where this all started.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yeppers. We're the same 18897741ers as the rest of you guys. Hate to say it, but Cryptic DID NOT fix this problem. Leave it the developers to take something that was NOT broke and they broke it.

I repeat. The same crash errors, the same crash codes. Thank you, Cryptic, for refusing to fix this problem.

At least Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P MMO does NOT have this problem.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, my new STO t-shirt has arrived... now to take it to a printer to get 18897741 emblazoned across the middle underneath the STO logo :D

But on a more serious note, I have finished upgrading my drivers to the latest ones in anticipation of everything being peachy for 6pm (UK time) and being able to play without snowblindness being a constant threat. Fingers crossed.

Also, I would like to reiterate my offer for any without a fleet who want a little comaraderie to PM me in-game for an invite to Battlecrows (FED) and/or 18 Percent (KDF). My @ handle is my forum name and I'm on every day.

Q'apla
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Star Trek Offline: +24 Days and counting
  • Options
    mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    (Maintenance) not finished yet...

Are the complains really necessary? Just wait for the latest Patch (to be finished) and then try it *lol*

1 more hour to go
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The patch is finished. Maintenance only affects the server, NOT the launcher. It should default back to the login screen but all I get is the same black screen, I get either the "Black Screen of Death" or the "White Screen of Death" and then it crashes.

At least Cryptic is consistent. *sigh*
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    i was one of the 18897741 (see the first page for hints)but my bucket of bolts found a way to bypass the crash then i reported 2 more crashes well and i load crash more then a normally player crashes well if a no issues player crash around 1-2 times i crash 10 per week not to mention 30+ mins loading after update so ye i must start selling the error ids inb4 sending them profitz ya know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chroma01chroma01 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    The patch is finished. Maintenance only affects the server, NOT the launcher. It should default back to the login screen but all I get is the same black screen, I get either the "Black Screen of Death" or the "White Screen of Death" and then it crashes.

At least Cryptic is consistent. *sigh*

Have you tried just running gameclient.exe instead of the launcher?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It still loads up via safe mode but will NOT load in full default mode.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    14866681 fixed itself
    restart after crash
    force verify files
    leave it to load in safe mode for 10mins (DONT FRAKING TOUCH YOUR PC KK)
    now u are ready to kick some voths
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    so my friends let me show you my secret weapons cadet look in to ma ayes and repeat the folowing :

- update the client
    - restart the computer if it crash or dont load at all
    - after reboot is complete open task manager by pressing ctrl+alt+del or right click on the task bar look for everything related to your video card video player updates java updates etc select right click end process tree
    -dont forget to turn of the anti virus, browser youtube everything flash related

- force verify files
    - leave it to load in safe mode for up to 30 mins
    - final step forget about the pc in the meantime
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Nope. Did all that and still didn't fix the problem. I'm just giving up and just assuming that Cryptic isn't going to fix this problem. It's just sad that everyone was reporting that this worked on Tribble but isn't working on Holodeck.

It loads up fine on "Safe Mode", which has lowered graphics settings in a major way but refuses to load in full default mode. But, I hear that the Star Wars F2P MMO doesn't have these problems.

I'm just admitting defeat because I don't see this problem getting fixed.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Nope. Did all that and still didn't fix the problem. I'm just giving up and just assuming that Cryptic isn't going to fix this problem. It's just sad that everyone was reporting that this worked on Tribble but isn't working on Holodeck.

It loads up fine on "Safe Mode", which has lowered graphics settings in a major way but refuses to load in full default mode. But, I hear that the Star Wars F2P MMO doesn't have these problems.

I'm just admitting defeat because I don't see this problem getting fixed.

well load in safe mode then go to settings and one by one fix the settings and ok /renderScale 1 or 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Nope. It was a nice try but this is a problem that I was expecting Cryptic to fix and it hasn't been fixed. I've tried a large array of different fixes and nothing works. I'm just giving up because this problem isn't going to get fixed and the game is only giving me nothing but headaches and stress.

I'm saddened because Cryptic should have fixed these problems and this latest patch didn't do anything but give me the original error reporting numbers that it first started spewing out.
  • Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    its time, and its not online yet. why?
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Maintenance Extended 45 minutes<<<<

25-30 minutes to go
  • Options
    stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    its time, and its not online yet. why?

Thats a tough one. Could you make it multiple choice?
    Like...
    A. You have reached level 10 of the no play scenario.
    B. "Some" server hamsters got loose.
    C. They're just making extra sure so everyone gets in.
    D. None of the above?
    Maintenance Extended 45 minutes<<<<

25-30 minutes to go

Are you sure?
    Because it sounds an awful lot like "The Picard" is still angry with us...
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Extended for another 30 minutes :mad:
  • Options
    bornbaddbornbadd Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I got past the Cryptic screen for the first time in 3 weeks ....Just waiting on Maint. do be done ....But I have high hopes ~!!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I get the Cryptic screen too but when it switches from the Cryptic screen to the second "Legacy of Romulus/Login Screen", all I get is a black page and then it crashes.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Maintenance extended to 11AM PST (2PM EST).
  • Options
    bornbaddbornbadd Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I get the Cryptic screen too but when it switches from the Cryptic screen to the second "Legacy of Romulus/Login Screen", all I get is a black page and then it crashes.

Lets have some faith that Maint. will resolve it .....after its done we will know ....
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Another 60 minutes <_<
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Anyone else getting this identical black screen of death?
This discussion has been closed.