test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    bornbaddbornbadd Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Will there be any compensation or something cryptic will do for us people who had this problem? i think if nothing will happen a lot of people would get angry?

I will just be happy to get back in game ~!! they give us free stuff all the time ~!
    :P:D:)
  • Options
    jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Will there be any compensation or something cryptic will do for us people who had this problem? i think if nothing will happen a lot of people would get angry?
    dont hold your breath
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    See you on the ice, I got some disco balls to use.

I will still be coming here to make sure that everyone is back. hopefully we ALL will be back in tomorrow.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    drug2drug2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    it works now yay lol sorry just posting this wanna see what my gamer sig looks like
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

If this doesn't work for everyone I think the more important question to ask is what will happen for anyone left who cant get into the game who is a fleet leader as next Thursday takes them past the 30 day mark where they can lose leadership of their fleet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    barondeltabarondelta Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Personally, I'm fairly confident that this update will fix my problem (in spite of download limits preventing me from testing it on Tribble). I expect that no compensation will be offered to people who have been unable to connect during this time - simply given the lack of communication on the issue and the general posture the company seems to take.

As an F2P player, that doesn't really bother me, though a little gift would certainly bolster my enthusiasm greatly. However, for the subscribers who have endured this, it really is quite outrageous. I fully appreciate that the company has no legal obligation to reimburse anything or provide any compensation. However, this really isn't a matter of obligation. It's a matter of doing right by your players for the sake of goodwill.

Basic example: I have never subscribed before, but I've considered it several times. Assuming no compensation is given to subscribers after this bug is fixed, I will definitely never subscribe. More than that, whenever anyone says to me, "I'm thinking of subscribing to Star Trek Online..." I will be bound to reply, "I can't recommend it. People have been locked out of the game for over 3 weeks and given no compensation. I was there."

I'm not saying I'm holding a grudge against the company, it's just a matter of the fact that this is their chance to show whether or not they care about their players and preserving their goodwill. A token bonus goes a really long way in these moments.

Let's see what happens.
  • Options
    terrafideterrafide Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    still can't log in... :(

edit: wonder if this is a plot to get people to get a subscription so they can access tribble server?
  • Options
    niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    barondelta wrote: »
    Personally, I'm fairly confident that this update will fix my problem...
    I'm not saying I'm holding a grudge against the company, it's just a matter of the fact that this is their chance to show whether or not they care about their players and preserving their goodwill. A token bonus goes a really long way in these moments.

Let's see what happens.

I cuddle my laptop, in hopes it'll log me onto the game, after 24 days of no STO. I truly wish all us 18897741's the best of luck. Optimism is not my best trait, however.
    See ya all in the appropriate chat channel...hopefully. Sweet dreams, y'all!
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
  • Options
    mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    All Persistent Officer's should meet at a Space Station or Ground Station to celebrate :eek: :cool:
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • Options
    niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    All Persistent Officer's should meet at a Space Station or Ground Station to celebrate :eek: :cool:

Hear-hear!
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
  • Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    terrafide wrote: »
    still can't log in... :(

edit: wonder if this is a plot to get people to get a subscription so they can access tribble server?

you dont need to be a subscriber to use tribble
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited December 2013

the agreed station was Drozana Station. it was fun to think that this abandoned station would be that full , love to see the noobies reaction when the go to to their mission. (especially when the farengi says that no one visits)
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    There is ONE thing that could spoil the Party for me *look outside*, there is a Storm on his way to the German North Coast/German Mainland.

I live in the Red Alert Zone (not far from the Deep Red Alert Zone) ....i could loose electricity for a few hours. :mad:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    There is ONE thing that could spoil the Party for me *look outside*, there is a Storm on his way to the German North Coast/German Mainland.

I live in the Red Alert Zone (not far from the Deep Red Alert Zone) ....i could loose electricity for a few hours. :mad:

im in uk i have just experienced that storm, no power lost, however i suggest you tape down your letter box. it could fly off its hinges

also a ridiculous amount of rain
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Then the Sachsen have to shovel the coal faster into the power plant:D
  • Options
    edited December 2013

ok just read the news, 1000 without power and 2,500 evacuated, 1 death. looks like you guys need to batten down the hatches
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    big storm surge heading to holland too. flooding going to be an issue
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    ok just read the news, 1000 without power and 2,500 evacuated, 1 death. looks like you guys need to batten down the hatches
    deokkent wrote: »
    Hmm, I don't feel like logging on sto anytime soon. This is going to suck if I'm cured of my addiction.

Also, wtf, is the universe conspiring against the 1899741er's in the UK to stop them from logging in???

im from uk and tribble is just fine.

describe your symptoms for me plz
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Rumor has it that this patch MAY fix the problem... Fingers crossed for those of you who have been away for far too long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • Options
    skooby365skooby365 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    im from uk and tribble is just fine.

describe your symptoms for me plz

well I'm in the UK & can report that at the moment it is a bit blowy, repeat, a bit blowy, but not enough to stop me logging in when maintenance is complete (hopefully)

See you on the other side guys :D
  • Options
    wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Prepare for angry people, doubt any compensation will be given. Crash of 10/08/13 none was given and was advised to read fine print of sign-up agreement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • Options
    stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kalani2 wrote: »
    If this doesn't work for everyone I think the more important question to ask is what will happen for anyone left who cant get into the game who is a fleet leader as next Thursday takes them past the 30 day mark where they can lose leadership of their fleet.

That is quite bothersome.
    (Would certainly be enough for me to leave the game altogether with incredibly disgust).
    And also the main reason I am considering making my brand new fleet private.
    Sure, I may never see Tier5, but at least I will have my fleet to come back to after sto does this again,...and again...

I would suggest finding someone else's computer to load sto onto long enough to log in.
    Or maybe even convincing an internet cafe owner. (beware keyloggers, etc).
    Or someone you trust totally to simply log in and out for you, delaying it another 30 days.
    I'd be happy to do that for anyone with this problem, but you don't know me from a hole in the wall.
    All's I can say is I would simply log into your game, and log back out.
    There's a few honest people left in the world, but you have no way of knowing I'm one of them.
    (No one in they're right mind would recommend it).
    Certainly no offense taken if you pass.
    That's for sure.

Just remember, all you have to do, is log your fleet leader into the game.
    That will give you another 30 days.
    (You may find many members have already left, if no one else has had permission to set up new projects).

Maybe Brandon can help you with this?

I mean, what are your option's really...
    boot everyone out of your fleet every Wednesday night
    because the "Any Given Thursday" patch could lock you out?

A lot of time and effort goes into owning a fleet.
    It just isn't right, that it could all be lost so easily.

I feel your pain,
    Good Luck!
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thunder and Lightning :eek: all hell is breaking loose here. :P

Just 2 more Hours *cross fingers*
  • Options
    chroma01chroma01 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hope we can welcome all the Persistent Officers back to the game today!

Good hunting and good luck!
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Another EPIC FAIL, Cryptic. Even though the server is down for maintenance. I loaded up the launcher, it patched correctly and yet the launcher itself crashes, gives no error code ...

How is it that Cryptic still can't fix the launcher?
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    An hour and a half to go goodluck people over three weeks its been hard especially when two of those weeks I had of work typical

Chris
This discussion has been closed.