test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 11, 2013

Comments

• neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    3 things.

1) The Ar'kif being T3 spire is BS. I'm sorry but it is. The Avenger was released and got it's fleet version instantly. The Ar'kif is the romulan armitage which got it's fleet version instantly.

I'm lucky enough to be in a fleet that will have that done as quickly as possible since we have all the other holdings done, but i still feel that it's absolute BS.

2) the one mission per day for the rep. I like this concept, but you guys are handling it really dumb in my opinion and TRIBBLE over lots of players.

as mentioned over a dozen times at least now there are tons of players that won't be able to get on every day, and these players are essentially screwed. And considering the second project only gives you 200 instead of 800 (see #3) some people are going to have an insanely hard time finishing out this rep compared to the other two.

The solution has already been given a few times, simply allow people to replay the mission and earn more commendations but you can still only use one every 20 hours. And maybe even limit it so the person can't have more than 5 but this is just really unfair because not everyone can get on every single day, it does happen. And yes to do the other projects it's every day, but you don't necessarily have to PLAY something everyday, you just go in, do the projects and quit thats 5 minutes. Even if this is only 20 minutes, some people may not have that time.

3) 200 for the other project is terrible. Sure it's once an hour so you can actually do it faster but for people who can only get on once a day, they now will be earning 2200 instead of 2800 making it take a lot longer for them to level up.

My solution is to either add a 800 rep 20 hour project, or to simply get rid of the 200 1 hour project and replace it with a standard 800.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    neok182 wrote: »
    3 things.

1) The Ar'kif being T3 spire is BS. I'm sorry but it is. The Avenger was released and got it's fleet version instantly. The Ar'kif is the romulan armitage which got it's fleet version instantly.

Exactly. I believe many I've spoken to would not mind if it were limited to new ships going forward and not older ships that should have had a fleet version a year ago.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    orangeitis wrote: »
    That's your problem, but don't give people information that might not be true. That's very dishonest.

There are tweets and posts to the effect of trying to work with small fleets. Fine if they want a new holding, but hiding the ships behind a holding is a new precedent and further hurts small fleets by not letting their current progress on the starbase to count towards the ships.

I am not in a small fleet, but i have empathy for them. At least don't hurt the guys that have smaller tighter knit groups if you can't find a way to realistically improve the fleet holding system.

They could have made fleet starbase XP very cheap and the provisions incredibly expensive, easy concept. Let the fleet of 250 get T5 starbase quick, then they have to grind it out if they want more than screen candy. That makes it fair. It isn't implementable now because it took to long to do anything about it. So now they hide the new ships behind the spire instead of putting them in a ship yard.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    genhauk wrote: »
    They promised to help small fleets. Where's that promised help?
    Probably not implemented in Tribble yet. Did you miss the part where this isn't all of the season 8 content?
    Is cryptic trying to force small fleets into closing down?
    Of course not. That makes no sense.
    edited October 2013
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Probably not implemented in Tribble yet. Did you miss the part where this isn't all of the season 8 content?

Its not the absence of help, he was referring to hiding the ships in the spire instead of keeping them with other ships in the Shipyard progression. You need to realize that hurts small fleets and it is in the patch notes. My fleet will get the spire in a month or too, the smaller fleets are still working on the Starbase and have to get the spire to get the fleet ships release in S8 now. This is what he is voicing concern about, substance that was already posted in the patch notes. If they don't bring it up and let it hit then it wont get adjusted later. Now is the malleable time of the S8 release, a time of public comment if you will.

This is a new precedent and does not bode well for the smaller groups if they cannot count on the shipyard to get them their ships, they might be able to pick and choose what gear holdings they go after, but that choice gets more painful when ships are tied to it.
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    3 things.

I'm lucky enough to be in a fleet that will have that done as quickly as possible since we have all the other holdings done, but i still feel that it's absolute BS.

Agree, this is BS :(, I wouldn't mid to wait a bit more for a fleet version, but this choice doesn't make any sense, I started to think they are just choosing the Fleet Ships's Tiers randomly.
    2) the one mission per day for the rep. I like this concept, but you guys are handling it really dumb in my opinion and TRIBBLE over lots of players.

as mentioned over a dozen times at least now there are tons of players that won't be able to get on every day, and these players are essentially screwed. And considering the second project only gives you 200 instead of 800 (see #3) some people are going to have an insanely hard time finishing out this rep compared to the other two.

The solution has already been given a few times, simply allow people to replay the mission and earn more commendations but you can still only use one every 20 hours. And maybe even limit it so the person can't have more than 5 but this is just really unfair because not everyone can get on every single day, it does happen. And yes to do the other projects it's every day, but you don't necessarily have to PLAY something everyday, you just go in, do the projects and quit thats 5 minutes. Even if this is only 20 minutes, some people may not have that time.

3) 200 for the other project is terrible. Sure it's once an hour so you can actually do it faster but for people who can only get on once a day, they now will be earning 2200 instead of 2800 making it take a lot longer for them to level up.

My solution is to either add a 800 rep 20 hour project, or to simply get rid of the 200 1 hour project and replace it with a standard 800.
    Yeah, again no self-consistency, the devs should make changes to the other reputation projects, just to make them consistent with this one
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • antep01antep01 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How do i get to the dyson Sphere?
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Eddited by me: because I was mistaken, the Operations Personal Requisition Provisioning are going to give us the Kits.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited October 2013
    This are going to be all the rewards??? The Operations Personal Requisition Provisioning are pretty much useless.. Tier 1 gives you nothing, Tier 2 gives you nothing if you are not a 1000 days veteran, and Tier 2 only gives you 2 ships!

At least we are going to save a lot of resources.

You have to think it isn't needed at all if they put all the ships in the shipyard. Half wonder if there is more to this one that isn't finalized yet.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As does this rep and the content associated with it. Except, we've made it easier to start the main, 2K rep project now as you only need 1 input, which you get from the aforementioned content once per day.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Please consider doing that for the other types of reputation. It's a pain in the neck trying fill up all 6 rep projects (800 and 2k xp projects for each rep) for multiple characters who aren't tier 5 in everything, ESPECIALLY romulan marks. Edit: Time consuming also. It is also a pain in the neck and takes forever to get certain set equipment that need anywhere from 500 to 1000 marks PER PIECE, and to get such romulan equipment is awful. Dilithium isn't a problem since I can use the dil exchange to transfer dil from multiple characters over to the one who needs it for a project.

I have 9 characters and only 3 of them have tier 5 in all 3 reps currently. Romulan marks are the slowest to get, without resorting to the boring low mark dailies on new romulus. Mine trap gives the most out of all events in the PVE queues, but most players prefer Azure Nebula Rescue, which gives a lousy max of 24 romulan marks (30 during bonus mark event). And when the CE event is on cooldown, you have to resort to Azure Nebula Rescue, or if anybody queues for vault ensnared, to get nukara marks, and again, the marks for those events are lousy compared to mine trap and CE.

I love mine trap but I'm lucky if I can get in it more than once during the bonus mark event. Without the mark event nobody does it. (Most likely due to too many AFK'ers in the event. At least 1 AFK every time on 1 of the teams, often times 2 or more, but that will be fixed soon enough, hopefully, when your new anti-afk tech is finished and goes live)

Edit: Oh and, the cost of commodities to fill those xp rep projects. For a character with tier 4 in all 3 current reps, it can cost me as much as 300K or more energy credits, per character, just for commodities and power cells, hypos, etc.
  • mscowboymscowboy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How many modules will the veteran ships cost? You can't really do a 1 module discount for owners of the ship, since they're the only ones that can get it (and rightly so!). But 4 modules seems like gross excess for a small upgrade of a ship you already have, especially when you got that ship through a monetary dedication far, far in excess of any other ship, ESPECIALLY especially when the ship is literally a thank-you present for that dedication.
    edited October 2013
    This are going to be all the rewards??? The Operations Personal Requisition Provisioning are pretty much useless.. Tier 1 gives you nothing, Tier 2 gives you nothing if you are not a 1000 days veteran, and Tier 2 only gives you 2 ships!

At least we are going to save a lot of resources.

I quote my self, because I was mistaken, the Operations Personal Requisition Provisioning are going to give us the Kits.

I really hope that the Scie Kit this time is not TRIBBLE like the Embassy one Cryptic. Give us at least the Medic one.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited October 2013
    mscowboy wrote: »
    How many modules will the veteran ships cost? You can't really do a 1 module discount for owners of the ship, since they're the only ones that can get it (and rightly so!). But 4 modules seems like gross excess for a small upgrade of a ship you already have, especially when you got that ship through a monetary dedication far, far in excess of any other ship, ESPECIALLY especially when the ship is literally a thank-you present for that dedication.

Fleet ship module discounts only apply if you purchased a c-store version of the ship first. Veteran ships are not available in the c-store for purchase. You actually need to earn the veteran ship by either being subscribed for a total of 1000 days or purchase a lifetime membership. And I believe once you met those requirements, you can claim a veteran ship free of charge.

I'm not a lifetime member, veteran, or ever have subscribed to the game, but you do raise a valid question. In my opinion, fleet versions of the veteran ships should only cost fleet credits. Players who earned them already payed enough to gain access to those ships, it would be a shame for force them to pay even more.
    edited October 2013
    I quote my self, because I was mistaken, the Operations Personal Requisition Provisioning are going to give us the Kits.

I really hope that the Scie Kit this time is not TRIBBLE like the Embassy one Cryptic. Give us at least the Medic one.

Tell me about it.

I have yet to purchase any embassy kits for any characters. For my tactical characters I plan on getting the embassy fire team kit since it fits my playstyle.

I only have 1 science character and currently I'm using the Physicist kit and the embassy sci kit doesn't suit me.

For my engineers I prefer to use an Equipment Technician kit, but the embassy kit is for fabricators and I don't care much for planting turrets and shield generators because I found often times that by the time I get my fabrications out, the enemies nearby are already dead. Then I get to the next group of enemies and my fabrications are still on recharge and of course, by the time I can use them it's too late to be useful.

I've been hoping they would give us more variety in fleet kits. Having 1 type for each career at the embassy with 2 of them being totally useless for my playstyles was disappointing.
    edited October 2013
    Fleet ship module discounts only apply if you purchased a c-store version of the ship first. Veteran ships are not available in the c-store for purchase. You actually need to earn the veteran ship by either being subscribed for a total of 1000 days or purchase a lifetime membership. And I believe once you met those requirements, you can claim a veteran ship free of charge.

I'm not a lifetime member, veteran, or ever have subscribed to the game, but you do raise a valid question. In my opinion, fleet versions of the veteran ships should only cost fleet credits. Players who earned them already payed enough to gain access to those ships, it would be a shame for force them to pay even more.

That is a very valid point. I wasn't going to mess with that ship, but the nature of the veteran ship is unique, it was "bought" with subscription/LTS expenditures. Since there is only 1 ship like that i don't see why it couldn't be the same as a Zen store ship purchased.
    edited October 2013

I've been hoping they would give us more variety in fleet kits.

The nature of sto will mean that if they offer everything right now there will be little motivation for future holdings OR major power creep OR they will have to develop some drastically new game mechanics to offer new stuff that conforms to what is already in circulation but is still worthy of our time and treasures.

What I am saying is they may release stuff piecemeal to maintain steady income.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm empathizing with the people who say you shouldnt be putting the STFs on a 20-hour time-gate. Keep the projects on the 20-hour rotation but let us get the commodities as we need them.

A time-gate on Epohh tags doesnt matter because thats literally 5 min of running around a small area out-of-combat. A time-gate on crystaline shards is not terrible either since its possible to do the normal difficulty pretty quickly and it only lasts 2 weeks. But if its +20 min of elite difficulty space combat that can be failed by a non-english speaker who doesnt read the brieifing text, and you have to do it every day at the same time for 1-2 months, that has the potential to be very bad.

ps--please move the regular (non-vet) fleet ship unlocks back to the starbase. Keep the vet ship unlocks in the Spire holding would be good but the mainline ships should be unlocked like normal.
    edited October 2013
    I'm empathizing with the people who say you shouldnt be putting the STFs on a 20-hour time-gate. .

I missed that part, where is it?
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    More useless grinding on the way, how cool it's that!

New and shiny items that you can unlock to do the same missions that you are doing for the last 3 years!, isn't that great?.

:D
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited October 2013
    mrkollins wrote: »
    More useless grinding on the way, how cool it's that!

New and shiny items that you can unlock to do the same missions that you are doing for the last 3 years!, isn't that great?.

:D

But you can do it faster with thouse items =)

Imagine a 1 minute Infected Space?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    But you can do it faster with thouse items =)

Imagine a 1 minute Infected Space?

Thats already happened with gear available now
    jFriX.png
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ankokuneko wrote: »
    Thats already happened with gear available now

And that makes me wonder if that is why we have fleet ships tied to the tiers of this holding. .. The insurance people will not just ignore the holding.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
    edited October 2013
    And that makes me wonder if that is why we have fleet ships tied to the tiers of this holding. .. The insurance people will not just ignore the holding.

For feds is the fleet chimera worth it? At least don't see a need to rush it.
  • cialasscialass Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    WOW talk about people panicing. lol.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So are we to have every single character grinded up the tiers or is that new reward system that some devs talked about in an interview coming out where its more reward based than grinding just to get massive amounts of characters to tier 5?
  • dontirridontirri Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The idea of progress decided by the amount of time you put in is a good one.

The execution is awful. People with limited time and/or multiple toons are going to get shafted BIG TIME.

200 xp per hour means you gotta kick off 4 projects a day to reach the same quota you get daily now. People who DON'T have that much time daily are going to get shafted bad.

Also, only one commendation per day? Multiple toons are going to be hurting a LOT. I got 5 at the moment, and the only thing that keeps me doing the reps on them is the fact that I can stack up on marks in a quick succession of stf's/other missions and then just focus on other characters for a day or two.

You are shooting yourself on the foot. Especially on the multiple toons side, because more toons -> more incentive to buy stuff. If this goes live like this, there is even LESS incentive to roll new toons because the amount of time to get them up to speed is ridiculous.

Please, rethink this. Rethink this hard. Do you want to drive away people who run multiple toons or don't have hours upon hours to put onto the game on a daily basis?

I mean, my playtimes vary a lot. Sometimes I play for 10 hours straight, sometimes I log on for maybe 15 minutes a day. And I don't think THAT many people can hit even that much playtime at one go.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't see an official feedback thread for the new spire holding. Are you going to create one?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I hope these KDF fleet ships aren't the actual console layout... Ever since the B'rel its just been add an engineering console...

So once again Cryptic hasn't been listening. If they are any indication of whats actually going in I probally won't even bother in getting either of these fleet ships. Much less doing a spire holding lol.

Oh yes also... Sector space has caused me to quit playing now that it has blinded me with bright red everywhere I go.
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    When starting my 20 hour 2k rep mark Mission I recieved a ground weapon called a:
    Protonic Polaron Compression Pistol Mk XII [CrtH]

I'm wondering if the Protonic only have 1 "Mod" due to both being Rare and beceause of the voth/Non-voth extra damage proc that they get?

:confused:
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Fleet Vet Ships... weren't these already supposed to be "Flagship"-ish escourt ships anyway?

Why Fleet variants? I'd really like to hear the idea behind that.

Not that the change or the explanation it makes me any more likely to buy a LTS....

I just wanna know why these ships have a fleet variant that only LTS and Gold members will have access to, just like their non-fleet counterparts.... I mean.. It'd be so much easier just to sell the fleet skin for the regular ships, right... Without making new ships that would be even more of an exclusive then the vet ships already are?
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.