Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 11, 2013

Comments

• Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    issues I see with the new rep:

- Dyson Joint Command Commendations: The old reputations had earning marks and projects divided. Weekend-warriors or other players with limited playtime could/can earn their marks whenever they have the time - like a longer session on the weekend to earn the marks for the following week, where they could only spare a few minutes to get the project started. This option will be taken away with the new commendations, as they require us to play a daily mission. This seems unnecessary restrictive, wouldn't it be possible to find another solution for those? Maybe add a Dyson Marks -> Commendation project to offer alternative ways to advance beyond playing each and every day a Dyson-Mission on every toon.

-Voth Cybernetic Implants: Getting rid of BNP-equivalents for the following reputations was a good idea, as it enabled players to actually chose their mission based upon their preferred difficulty. Adding again an elite currency will force players to play above their suitable difficulty and generate frustration. Please don't force anyone into missions they aren't ready for, but must do to gain their gear.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Unless my Universal Translator is broken, this is saying there's some things that qualify for certain types and others that don't. Please correct me if I'm wrong and you're saying all Dyson events will award all 3 currencies (or 2 after the day's first playthrough).

Do a daily, of which there will be multiple, inside the sphere and get 1 Commendation and that's you 20 hour project done and dusted.

use the marks that everything awards to get equipment or smaller xp projects.

use the implants from the elite stuff to get the very best gear (like the borg BNP.)

you only need to run the normal stuff to get what you need to level up and buy the equipment, or the elite to be able to get the really awesome stuff, again just like the borg stf's. no hypos, or commodities, no running multiple events at normal just to level up one project.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    Im going to assume that the Spire fleet holding will be similar in price to the previous 2 - ie incredibly difficult for small fleets to achieve due to the massive dilithium costs.

EXACTLY ... We're in that boat.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cehus wrote: »
    If doing these projects daily, will the rep still take about a month to complete?

Reads like the 2k project takes 20 hours, but the smaller project (800 for the existing reps, currently unknown for Sphere) can be started hourly. It just requires more inputs than just a token.

So if that's right, you should be able to finish much faster if you're willing to grind it out.
  • Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 244 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    All looks great. Can't wait to test everything out :)
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    rblaher988rblaher988 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone by chance know if the Tactical consoles are going to be all kinds or if they'll just be phaser for feds and disruptor for KDF?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited October 2013
    Impressive! *Raises both eyebrows*
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can you please tell us what is difference between the current Tactical Consoles and the Fleet Tactical Consoles.

Thanks
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    fleet ships gated by a holding? god dammit :mad:
  • Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    issues I see with the new rep:

- Dyson Joint Command Commendations: The old reputations had earning marks and projects divided. Weekend-warriors or other players with limited playtime could/can earn their marks whenever they have the time - like a longer session on the weekend to earn the marks for the following week, where they could only spare a few minutes to get the project started. This option will be taken away with the new commendations, as they require us to play a daily mission. This seems unnecessary restrictive, wouldn't it be possible to find another solution for those? Maybe add a Dyson Marks -> Commendation project to offer alternative ways to advance beyond playing each and every day a Dyson-Mission on every toon.

-Voth Cybernetic Implants: Getting rid of BNP-equivalents for the following reputations was a good idea, as it enabled players to actually chose their mission based upon their preferred difficulty. Adding again an elite currency will force players to play above their suitable difficulty and generate frustration. Please don't force anyone into missions they aren't ready for, but must do to gain their gear.

Another good set of big downsides. The first one is really bad because you can't "store up" stuff for the future like you can with the current CE event which is feeding my toons marks to grind up reputation. The second one was a HUGE problem when Elites came out but died down over time.

I hope this gets rethought. It's needlessly complex and over-designed. It's disingenuous to tell us these are Quality of Life improvements when you remove one grind/paywall only to replace it with others. Seeing as it's on Tribble, it'll basically be on Holodeck in less than 4 weeks, player feedback be damned...as per usual.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    HATE HATE HATE the new Reputation changes.

Are you saying that now I have to grind three different kinds of dailies to get the same stuff I get in the other reputations? (i.e. the equivalent of not being able to run ISE ad nauseam and unlock everything in the Omega Store)

STOP TRYING TO FORCE US TO PLAY CERTAIN THINGS :mad: I strongly resent you trying to force me into stuff I don't want to play and penalizing me for not doing so.

Everything endgame in every queue should give ALL of the following, point blank and period:
    • Marks and Special Tokens for completing it (i.e. Omega grants omarks and BNPs, etc.)
    • Dilithium based on level (480 = easy, 720 = medium, 960 = hard)
    • Expertise

This lets players decide what they want to spend their time doing and removes these needlessly complex and arbitrary overly restrictive rules you have in place for Reputation.

Also projects for unlocking the stores AND projects for unlocking reputation tiers needs to go.

First, pretty sure they did get rid of the projects for unlocking the stores, not sure about tiers.

Second, it looks like you earn commendations, marks, and implants all drop from the queued events, so that is like what is in the existing reps. Its just that commendations are only used for advancing tiers, and the other two for stuff, and the marks and implants come from more than the queued events. So if you just want the gear, you aren't stuck with the queus. This might be good, but I'll reserve full judgement for later.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The part that I really don't like on this new rep is the forced daily grind to start the 2000 xp mission. With the current rep system if you know your going to be busy for a few days you can grind up some extra marks ahead of time so you can login quickly, get all your projects going, then go do whatever you have to do. With this system if I don't have time to play every day my reps are going to grind to a halt. If you could earn the commendation token more frequently, or it was optional to use marks instead of the token, that would be a much better system.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    cehus wrote: »
    If doing these projects daily, will the rep still take about a month to complete?

Could be shorter now, depending on how often you play and how often you start your rep projects :) Existing reps have a 2000 Rep XP and a 800 Rep XP project that take 20 hours to complete. The 2K Dyson rep project is 20 hours, but the 200 Rep XP (not a typo, it's 200 instead of 800) only takes one hour to complete.

The great thing is the rewards are all XII at each tier, and:
    Completing projects that award reputation XP will immediately also grant a Dyson Equipment Requisition box. These boxes contain a random item that is normal only available from the stores mentioned above.

That's each project! ---^

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Unless my Universal Translator is broken, this is saying there's some things that qualify for certain types and others that don't. Please correct me if I'm wrong and you're saying all Dyson events will award all 3 currencies (or 2 after the day's first playthrough).

Elite Dyson events will reward all 3 (commendation*, marks and Implants), Normal will reward commendation* and marks.

*Only one commendation can be earned per day, on the first event you play through.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As does this rep and the content associated with it. Except, we've made it easier to start the main, 2K rep project now as you only need 1 input, which you get from the aforementioned content once per day.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Why so many currencies though? Can you not combine all the Marks into 1 Reputation Mark that applies to any and all reputations.
    That way people can play the way they want to, and not feel like you guys are constantly controlling the puppet strings...

The only exception to that rule, should be Fleet Marks. These are a different system so can stay the same, but you are even doing the same with the Holding provisions. Different types for different Holdings

You already time gate everything so we can only complete something in the time you have specified. That is your control, just stop making it more and more complicated....

I remember when you introduced Dilithium, you boldly claimed that you were doing it to get rid of the complicated Badges and old type Marks, but with each new Reputation, it is getting ridiculous.
    We are in a worse state now than we ever were in the old days, before Dilithium and Reputations :(
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited October 2013
    ^ A good thought but not sure they'd do that.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Am I the only one here upset that we have to grind even more for fleet ships? ... especially KDF side where they are more limited?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Elite Dyson events will reward all 3 (commendation*, marks and Implants), Normal will reward commendation* and marks.

*Only one commendation can be earned per day, on the first event you play through.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yeah then you guys need to completely reword the patch notes because that's not at all clear. I stand corrected but it took us 5 pages to get there.
  • Options
    noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If we already own the ships listed there, will we receive the same discount as with the other fleet ships? As in, If I own the Kafari, will it only cost me one module and 20k credits?

Also, I would agree that it isn't really cool to add these in via a holding. They should just be added as an update to the existing fleet shipyards as a general update to them. Gating them this way really cheapens the fact that fleet ships have been so heavily gated and hard to work for.

If you do this, then you should retroactively strike down the current shipyard and make all ships available in the same way.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Why so many currencies though? Can you not combine all the Marks into 1 Reputation Mark that applies to any and all reputations.
    That way people can play the way they want to, and not feel like you guys are constantly controlling the puppet strings...

The only exception to that rule, should be Fleet Marks. These are a different system so can stay the same, but you are even doing the same with the Holding provisions. Different types for different Holdings

You already time gate everything so we can only complete something in the time you have specified. That is your control, just stop making it more and more complicated....

I remember when you introduced Dilithium, you boldly claimed that you were doing it to get rid of the complicated Badges and old type Marks, but with each new Reputation, it is getting ridiculous.
    We are in a worse state now than we ever were in the old days, before Dilithium and Reputations :(
    As I said in a previous reply, what they had planned at one point (simplifying the currencies in this case) can easily change as priorities do. It's been several Seasons since then, so I'm not surprised that it did
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Special standard starships and fleet starships become unlocked as you progress through the main Spire track.

...and then 3x Fleet Vet Ships are listed at T2.
    ...and then 3x Fleet Ships are listed at T3.

"Special standard starships"...is that actually a reference to one of the two sets of Fleet Ships or is it a reference to unlisted ships?
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah then you guys need to completely reword the patch notes because that's not at all clear. I stand corrected but it took us 5 pages to get there.

Oddly I understood it to work that way on the first read through. Seemed fairly clear to me. Only part I did not know about was how much we could get for the small project and that the token for the 2k one was limited to once per day instead of once per mission type. But those were facts that were not mentioned at all.

He even clarified it even more in simpler terms and you still blew up complaining about it.

Baffling.:confused:

All in all it look interesting and I look forward to seeing what there is. Although it might be nice to have the 2k token be earnable a couple per day so that we could store them up for the week as others have said, or have a project to convert marks to the token.

Oh and you have the project section nicely split into catagories, however you don't do the same for the rankup/special project section of reps. This is really annoying for Nukara (less so for the others) as I have to search through all the trade-in projects to try and find my level up project.

And it looks like being able to buy 100 large power cells will go live about the time I finish the reputation with the last of my 10 VAs. At least that fix will finally go in. Any chance of having that put on Redshirt and pushed live before Season 8 launches?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    we'll have 2 whole new missions

We only have 1 event on Tribble right now, and we've talked about another queued event. But you have not seen the Space Adventure Zone, Battlezone, etc. yet. There's going to be a ton of fun content to play, and a variety of ways to earn rewards. Allow us time to get everything hooked up to Tribble :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ...and then 3x Fleet Vet Ships are listed at T2.
    ...and then 3x Fleet Ships are listed at T3.

"Special standard starships"...is that actually a reference to one of the two sets of Fleet Ships or is it a reference to unlisted ships?

I read it as new unlisted ships with fleet versions. Probably related to the Voth. Will be interesting to see what they are.

And is a 10-20 man fleet small? Fed side we are tier 4 with embassy complete and mine on final upgrades. The new holding will give us something else to work on.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

WoW - more and more currencies. I thought the point of the Season 5 F2P revamp was to stop having all these various (and now more confusing in the way some are obtained), currencies in STO.

Seriously, the number of currencies is really getting ridiculous again.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We only have 1 event on Tribble right now, and we've talked about another queued event. But you have not seen the Space Adventure Zone, Battlezone, etc. yet. There's going to be a ton of fun content to play, and a variety of ways to earn rewards. Allow us time to get everything hooked up to Tribble :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Btw Brandon, where exactly IS the Dyson Sphere? The three missions in our log don't exactly specify which sector or block it's in :D
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    I think before I get all worked up over the new rep system, I give it a try first.

But to be honest, I'm all repped out. 7 toons, 6 finished and 1 working T5 Nukara.

Even my OCD has it's limits.

Unless you're offering Tactical Consoles... which you are.... you evil evil people.

*rolls up the sleeves*

It's time to get grinding methinks....
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'll have to wait for sure until I test it on Tribble. But I'm concerned about the work involved with this new reputation. By the notes it really gives the appearance I have to work harder to earn Reputation than what was said that the new Reputation supposed to help players with many characters on their account.

And virtually the same goes for the new Fleet Holding, how is small fleets going to keep up? The fleets I am in are still currently working on the tier 2 Mine upgrade project, while larger fleets finished up months ago? How are we (small fleets) supposed to enjoy the game when we have to work tons harder when you got Starbase Projects, Embassy Projects, Mine Projects, and this new Fleet holding project? What happened to the talk about the help Small Fleets were to get with Season 8?
  • Options
    ulukayxulukayx Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If I read this correctly, the Dyson Joint Command Commendations would basically be the equivalent of receiving the omega marks and commodities needed to get the big 2000 rxp project of the omega tree going once per day, but only for running one stf, which doesn't exactly scream "new currency" to me.

Same with the voth implants, which look akin to borg neural processors. My only worry with these will be how they take up inventory space in the long run.
    -
    Join Starfleet,
    Boldly go where no man has gone before,
    Meet interesting new species, and Kill them!
  • Options
    tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd love to see stats on the Fleet Peghqu' and Daeinos. Will there be a Dev Blog about them sometime soon?
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!