What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 11, 2013

Comments

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ^ A good thought but not sure they'd do that.

They need to do something though, it is getting silly ;)
    trek21 wrote: »
    As I said in a previous reply, what they had planned at one point (simplifying the currencies in this case) can easily change as priorities do. It's been several Seasons since then, so I'm not surprised that it did

Oh yes, plans change. I get that, but it doesn't absolve them from making it worse.
    We only have 1 event on Tribble right now, and we've talked about another queued event. But you have not seen the Space Adventure Zone, Battlezone, etc. yet. There's going to be a ton of fun content to play, and a variety of ways to earn rewards. Allow us time to get everything hooked up to Tribble :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Can you tell us if the equipment is worth getting? Needs to meet or exceed Omega gear if it is to be a success.

Nukara was not worth doing for the gear, as others have already said....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What happened to the talk about the help Small Fleets were to get with Season 8?

They lied. Flat out ... lied.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Known Issues:
    • The Dyson Commendation earned after completing Storming the Spire is being rewarded after each play instead of once a day.
    • Exiting out of STO in the new Federation tutorial while in the Academy or on the bridge of the ship will break the progression of the mission.
      • A new captain will need to be made in order to go back through the new tutorial.
    • The Foundry will unavailable temporarily.
    • Many maps will appear white on the mini map and the main map window.
    • Pirate Trait is not being applied correctly to Captains.
    • Romulan Captains cannot rearrange their HUD in system space.
    • Fleet members do not display in the fleet roster.
    • Ships are translucent in the character select screen.

Hey I know this is under known issues, but what if instead it is kept like this and you can still only spend it once a day. This way it is still a time earned currency like dilthium and the other reputation marks, but in the end it we can still only spend 1 per day keeping the system to take a certain time. I find this would be nice because I know there are some days were I can play for hours on end, but others I cannot play for a couple days straight.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    - Dyson Joint Command Commendations: The old reputations had earning marks and projects divided. Weekend-warriors or other players with limited playtime could/can earn their marks whenever they have the time - like a longer session on the weekend to earn the marks for the following week...
    Elite Dyson events will reward all 3 (commendation*, marks and Implants), Normal will reward commendation* and marks.

*Only one commendation can be earned per day, on the first event you play through...
    I am concerned like schneemannn83. While I am usually able to log on daily, I can't always spend a lot of time playing every day. Often my log-ins are just long enough to kick-off rep projects, DOff jobs, and similar maintenance. Maybe 10-15mins per character. I can often play longer cycling one or two characters most days for running missions, and on my days off I often spend more time with each character running many missions repeatedly so I have enough Resources (Marks, etc.) to fill out my weekly needs.

Forcing me to play a Joint-Command-Commendation-Awarding mission every day on every character to keep up Rep pace does not sound like something to make me happy.
    Could be shorter now, depending on how often you play and how often you start your rep projects :) Existing reps have a 2000 Rep XP and a 800 Rep XP project that take 20 hours to complete. The 2K Dyson rep project is 20 hours, but the 200 Rep XP (not a typo, it's 200 instead of 800) only takes one hour to complete...
    I can see some potential for getting ahead with the ability to get 200 Rep XP/hr (potentially 4,800 XP extra per day if one were uh... determined), but I'm leery that this is actually more work/grind.

I reserve judgment until I can actually get in and test/try it out.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    genhauk wrote: »

Eh, go figure....... only way to get stuff now is be in a Large Fleet or suckup to one to get access to the content. :(
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A couple of questions:

1. The fleet spire introduces two new tracks: research and operations. I was under the impression that the fleet holding tracks would follow the doff commendation tracks. Has this plan been altered?

2. Are there any updates on reverting the remaining unintentional changes to body proportions?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    hygtkilo98hygtkilo98 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can't wait till it comes out, but i can;t play it on tribble can't get enough people together to do storming the spire
  • Options
    bhiasbhias Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Updated Federation Tutorial:
    The Tutorial when creating new Federation characters has been redesigned. New characters now start their career at Starfleet Academy as a graduating cadet awaiting assignment to a ship for their first "Training Cruise".

At the end of mission you are told you are getting a field promotion to Ensign when you are promoted to Lieutenant
  • Options
    solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is it me or 33 sphere marks too low for the elite spire? Although if they keep the no cooldown it would be ok. :)
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • Options
    cmaclcmacl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow. I'm really interested in.... everything in this new rep :P
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What happened to the talk about the help Small Fleets were to get with Season 8?

Its coming soon, just like a PvP rework, alt rep improvements, and making engineers more valid as their own class. :) Have patience it will happen in your life time!

In other observations, the new rep system seems much better for the single player but might actually be more painful for multiple toons at same time with a 200xp/hr mission. Now instead of just doing all 4 in a rotation for 2800 xp per day i will have to log in over and again to rotate through them for 2800 xp.

Seriously STO, this is a GAME. Give us different size projects, let me store up and run a 100hr 10k rep mission or something. Many of us have jobs and cant just log in at 20 hour intervals, or even daily. Why do you insist on micromanaging us like a kindergarten class? My Rom and KDF are already behind in rep and store unlocks.

I don't care about the traits as much on alts, but would like access to the gear some year.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Has anyone passed new tutorial, it forced me to delete two toons already
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It seems (to me anyway) like more and more of the interesting stuff is being locked behind the Fleet Gates.

Not sure if the game is going to hold my interest if I have to eventually join a Fleet...
    (which would mean either giving up my 1+alts Fleet or starting all over again with a new toon)

I'm not totally discouraged... yet.

Time will tell.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can see some potential for getting ahead with the ability to get 200 Rep XP/hr (potentially 4,800 XP extra per day if one were uh... determined), but I'm leery that this is actually more work/grind.

I reserve judgment until I can actually get in and test/try it out.

I did one Storming the Spire on Normal difficulty and got enough marks to run 2 of the 1 hour rep projects. Maybe that would help you make a determination. :)

I am also a bit concerned about the 1 a day mark, especially if its on a rolling reset like the CC shard is. If the concern is we can farm up too many to turn on for DIL later, I'd rather that the DIL mission has a 20hr duration and we get a mark for every qualified event we queue up.

I do love that all the other inputs have been removed from the projects so that you don't have to constantly go shopping.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dang... WoW!

Pretty big patch... again.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Foundry:
    • Enacting fail-safes for reward exploits in Foundry missions.

Anyone know what these fail safes are or what exploits there are in foundary missions? Is this like the old 3 button foundary projects of over a year ago or the fish in a barrel missions?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    I did one Storming the Spire on Normal difficulty and got enough marks to run 2 of the 1 hour rep projects. Maybe that would help you make a determination. :)

I am also a bit concerned about the 1 a day mark, especially if its on a rolling reset like the CC shard is. If the concern is we can farm up too many to turn on for DIL later, I'd rather that the DIL mission has a 20hr duration and we get a mark for every qualified event we queue up.

I do love that all the other inputs have been removed from the projects so that you don't have to constantly go shopping.

I hope if the token can only be earned once per 20 hours there is a cool down timer on it. I really hope that is not how it works. Some days I only have time to log in to start missions and build up supplies and marks on weekends.
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    When will fleets be able to be transferred?
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    [*]Spire Tier 3

[*]Fleet Kar'fi Battle Carrier - KDF Only
    [*]Fleet Caitian Atrox Carrier - Starfleet Only

[*]Fleet Ar'Kif Tactical Warbird Retrofit - Romulan Republic Only

Why is this ship here?

The closest thing to the Ar'Kif is the Armitage, and the Armitage's flleet version is on T5 on the Starbase's shipyard :confused:
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Could the Spire's progression be 30 seconds per project on Tribble please? If we're going to test it out, we won't have days to contribute "non-real" items to those projects to get any real meaningful testing done.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Really? You can't even wait till they release all the season 8 content to say that kind of BS?

...REALLY?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    • Research Personal Requisition Provisioning
      • (Ultra-Rare) Advanced Spire Warp Cores
      • (Ultra-Rare) Advanced Spire Singularity Cores
      • (Ultra-Rare) Elite Spire Warp Cores
      • (Ultra-Rare) Elite Spire Singularity Cores
      • (Ultra-Rare) Advanced Tactical Consoles Mk XI to XII
    • Operations Personal Requisition Provisioning
      • (Ultra-Rare) Personal Ground Kits Mk XI to Mk XII

Are the parts highlighted above in red correct? Why are there no Mk X tac consoles or ground kits?
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Are the parts highlighted above in red correct? Why are there no Mk X tac consoles or ground kits?

This is Gorngonzolla's baby, so he'd have the best answer for you, but in general a lot of the Mk X rewards in the Rep and Holding systems felt like "filler", for lack of a better term. We're focusing a lot on every reward feeling worthwhile in its own right for Season 8, which is probably why the Mk X stuff isn't in those categories here.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    This is Gorngonzolla's baby, so he'd have the best answer for you, but in general a lot of the Mk X rewards in the Rep and Holding systems felt like "filler", for lack of a better term. We're focusing a lot on every reward feeling worthwhile in its own right for Season 8, which is probably why the Mk X stuff isn't in those categories here.

In that case, is the spire 3 tiers like the embassy and dilithium mine? At what tier is the gear unlocked? At what tier is provisioning unlocked?
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Really? You can't even wait till they release all the season 8 content to say that kind of BS?

...REALLY?

When it comes to small fleets? Yes.

Its an endless grind on the shoulders of a few made worse with things like gating new KDF fleet ships on anew holding when KDF already has less in our fleet shipyards.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    celillarnoncelillarnon Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Here's hoping the Fleet Atrox is a bit more useful than the regular one. The Atrox really feels rather weak compared to more recent ships. Maybe swap the ltc sci for ltc universal?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Why is this ship here?

The closest thing to the Ar'Kif is the Armitage, and the Armitage's flleet version is on T5 on the Starbase's shipyard :confused:

Same for the KDF. Why here?

Toss in the new FED ship *is* in the standard fleet shipyards. Why isn't it in the Spire?

• Options
    edited October 2013
    A couple of more questions:

1. Are "Dyson Joint Command Commendations" and "Voth Cybernetic Implants" stackable items like "Borg Neural Processors"? One concern of players is that you are adding more stuff that will take up inventory or bank space. I'm not sure why "Borg Neural Processors" are items anyway. They are bound to character anyway, so why not make them like Omega marks?

2. Do "Dyson Joint Command Commendations" have any use after you've finished the Dyson reputation? It seems that "Voth Cybernetic Implants" can be traded for gear and dilithium, but what use are "Dyson Joint Command Commendations" after you've reached the highest reputation tier?
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    When it comes to small fleets? Yes.

Its an endless grind on the shoulders of a few made worse with things like gating new KDF fleet ships on anew holding when KDF already has less in our fleet shipyards.
    That's your problem, but don't give people information that might not be true. That's very dishonest.