test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free t5 base-access for all!

Comments

• alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    With Wesley's spire completion I think the only thing that the channel might not be able to offer now are the Fed fleet carriers? KDF versions are available when one of the NoP fleet inviters are around, but they are few in number so it might take a while!
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    got the fleet shield after a little confusion with permissions. however i feel terrible about using a fleets provision on it, its been gnawing away at me. im gonna collect some dilthium for that players fleet who helped me get it. i could probably get 20k dilthium tomorrow. i hope that player is still around to accept the dilthium.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • nietzschepcnietzschepc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    These guys are the real deal! They're always helpful and have built a great community around them and are a real pleasure to work with! I look forward to working with them more in the future and hope they keep up the great community building!
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks to NoP and Shutup Wesley for the generosity! I hit their Spire and grabbed the Dyson uniform for my poor F2P Klingon who needed a jacket!
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • rippero01rippero01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    :cool: :D :cool:
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is a great and generous service they provide, so always try to remember to say please and thank you.
  • icarusjbicarusjb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I want to extend my thanks to the great people offering their fleet services completely free to the rest of us. It truly is very much appreciated.

Keep up the great work!
    edited January 2014
    I hope you're all enjoying your new spire outfits but I'd just like to thank all the various other fleets offering holding invites as well as the plethora of individuals with freighters, doff missions and boff training who help make this channel what it is. Although it might be the 'NoP' trading channel it's the community that makes it all work and every effort is appreciated.
    fRhmZXV.gif
  • graytiegraytie Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for all of the invites guys. My fleeties and I are swimming in fleet gear thanks to NoP and the NoP Public Service Channel. :)

The Public Service Channel is dead! Long live the NoP Public Service Channel!
  • dwellerofvault13dwellerofvault13 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just wanted to thank NoP for both the Chat Channel and their continuing generosity. It is truly unique to see the level of altruism on display by NoP in STO (Or any F2P MMORPG).

NoP Chat Channel tops my list of recommendations to improve a players enjoyment of STO and has the potential to improve a player's gameplay as well.

On a personal note, thank you for the many invites to your awe inspiring base/Spire/Embassy! You guys/gals make the world go around. Thanks again.
    2778.png
    War... War never changes.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I must say, thank you for all the help. It has been invaluable to me over the past months.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • missconstruedmissconstrued Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you to everyone! This channel is a fantastic resource.
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It seems like any negative posts regarding Starfleet Dental or Nerds of Prey are getting removed by the GM's or moderators, but I would imagine that suggesting that players considering joining this channel google "Goonswarm" before doing so does not in itself constitute a violation of the ToS. Not that I actually suggested it, mind. :cool:

It seems like dumb pubbies can't tell the difference between EvE and Startrek Online, yet insist on posting about it here. I would imagine that suggesting "stop whining because we're better than you, you're an insult to Australians everywhere" does not in itself constitute a violation of the ToS. Not that I actually suggested it, mind. :cool:
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited February 2014
    preechrsa wrote: »
    How could it be? Everyone knows that Starfleet Dental is the premiere Australian fleet in STO. If any other, lesser Australian fleets doubt, remember this: We grew here, you flew here.

Actually it's the premiere New Zealand fleet in STO. Stop trying to annex New Zealand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    devian666 wrote: »
    Actually it's the premiere New Zealand fleet in STO. Stop trying to annex New Zealand.

Oh stop, you know you're our Canada.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • faxmachinefaxmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It seems like any negative posts regarding Starfleet Dental or Nerds of Prey are getting removed by the GM's or moderators, but I would imagine that suggesting that players considering joining this channel google "Goonswarm" before doing so does not in itself constitute a violation of the ToS. Not that I actually suggested it, mind. :cool:

Sorry about your Titan :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i seen free BOFF training....how do i get THAT done?
  • smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I join this channel and i received my invitation ...

So this channel is good ;) Thanks to the creator.
    edited February 2014
    i seen free BOFF training....how do i get THAT done?

You need to strip your boff of any gear then you can trade it with someone of the same faction (KDF can't do KDF-aligned Rom and vice versa, for example) who has a free boff slot. They can then train it and trade it back to you.
    fRhmZXV.gif
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You need to strip your boff of any gear then you can trade it with someone of the same faction (KDF can't do KDF-aligned Rom and vice versa, for example) who has a free boff slot. They can then train it and trade it back to you.

Don't forget that there are some special boffs that can't be traded (the unique ones such as Jem'hadar, Breen ect) and these can't be trained by others. If you want to train one of these, you'll need another boff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Since boff training has been brought up, I've been wondering about Romulans. Can a KDF-Rom or Rem train a Fed-Rom boff, and vice versa? Basically can any Rom train any other Rom? Because I would have thought you could but I haven't actually tested it.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    small snag in my plan, these plans i made, there was no mention of provisions. thats the only snag in the plan. meaning i wanna get fleet stuff like consoles, warp cores and such, it seems on top of the cost for each piece, i need an additional 20k each time to offset a provision. i know the option to join a fleet specifically for marks to fc is around, but right now it seems any plans on that end is put on hold for a bit. i doubt any fleet would be willing to part with a dozen plus provisions just for free, even with NoP. i will get back to this one at some point.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited February 2014
    Well, in the OP it does say:
    how does this work?
    its the mechanics of sto fleet stores.
    the base, the mine, the embassy, and the spire all work this way: you enjoy the access-level of the fleet that owns the terminal you are using, yet all your purchases are deducted from your own fleets pool of provisions. for that reason you must have permissions to use your own fleet store and your own fleet must have the provisions to cover whatever purchases you wish to make.
    fRhmZXV.gif
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    small snag in my plan, these plans i made, there was no mention of provisions. thats the only snag in the plan. meaning i wanna get fleet stuff like consoles, warp cores and such, it seems on top of the cost for each piece, i need an additional 20k each time to offset a provision. i know the option to join a fleet specifically for marks to fc is around, but right now it seems any plans on that end is put on hold for a bit. i doubt any fleet would be willing to part with a dozen plus provisions just for free, even with NoP. i will get back to this one at some point.

i am not sure i understand what is meant by 'on top of the cost for each piece, i need an additional 20k each time to offset a provision'.
    20k what? offset how?
    do you have access to your own fleets store? does your fleet have provisions?
  • sagaris8sagaris8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Im using the NOP Public Service Channel for quite some time, best channel ever :-D A great way to get end gear being in small fleet.
    Thanks to all the great ppl offering invites there.:-D
  • tggrinctggrinc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    .....I joined the channel but I see nothing. It says to make sure you are not blocking people who aren't your friends but I don't see where you would turn that on or off.
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    NoP is providing an awesome service to the STO comunity at large. I've only utilized it twice now, but each time the assisting members were prompt & helpful. I belong to a very large fleet, and the grind is constant. We still don't have access to everything, and it's nice to be able to get the 1 missing piece or thing to round out a build. I see their chat nearly constantly, and it's about way more than just getting people stuff.

Thank you for what you do in making STO a better place!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bumping to keep the topic alive
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Praise dear leader
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Many requests but don't see anybody actually getting invited, includes me too though ;)

Edit: nevermind, was just at the right place in the wrong time :P
This discussion has been closed.