test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free t5 base-access for all!

tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
Free FED/KDF t5 base-invites, cell/tuffli invites, boff-training, and more!
now two years old and 11,000 members strong!
our new shortlink: bit.ly/NoP-PS
(its cAsE sEnSiTiVe!)

join an active channel free of ego, unnecessary rules, and heavy-handed moderation.
join the largest channel in sto!
join a channel that is public and not private!
join a channel where we share top tier holdings, freighter-invites, practical advice, and years of sto knowledge.

/channel_join NoP Public Service
(type that into chat to join the channel)

many fleets are here every single day giving away free invites, allowing you access to top-shelf mine, embassy, spire, and base store consoles, boffs, weapons, etc.

how does this work?
its the mechanics of sto fleet stores.
the base, the mine, the embassy, and the spire all work this way: you enjoy the access-level of the fleet that owns the terminal you are using, yet all your purchases are deducted from your own fleets pool of provisions. for that reason you must be in a fleet (any fleet), have permissions to use your own fleet store and your own fleet must have the provisions to cover whatever purchases you wish to make.

the only exception to this is fleet ships, which would require you to actually join the higher tier fleet and use their ship provisions. thats why 'free ships' require more patience.

FuturePastNow (one of the most prolific t5-inviters in sto) has gone into great detail regarding fleet-store mechanics.

CHANNEL RULES:

1) no buying, selling, or trading, full stop. this includes anything that can even resemble a sale: no bartering, suggested donations, reimbursement for provisions, offering incentives, offering to pay, 'price-checking', etc. if it looks like you are so much as hinting to buy or sell, you might get a warning before being muted.
2) be polite

in case that isnt clear enough:
These are the rules, follow them:

1) No buying, selling or trading.
Breaking this rule, even once will earn you a mute and a kick. A warning may be issued instead at the channel moderators sole discretion. When we say "one rule" this is the one we mean.

2) Be polite.
This rule by it's very nature is a bit subjective. Violations are almost entirely handled by issuing a polite warning. Mutes may be issued if said warning is ignored.

Other guidelines:
If you break a rule and get called out on it simply apologize and stop breaking the rules. This will save you from moderation an overwhelming majority of the time. Do not double down. Do not try to lawyer.

Do not accuse the person calling you out of pretending to be a moderator. Any channel user that sees someone breaking the rules is allowed to call them out on it.

Don't try to get cute about rule 1. Using weasel words like "tip", "donations", etc to pretend you are not flagrantly violating rule 1 all but ensures that the channel moderators will forgo any kind of warning.​​
Post edited by tehbubbaloo on

Comments

• Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Free FED/KDF t5 base-invites, cell/tuffli invites, boff-training, and more!

join an active channel free of ego, unnecessary rules, and heavy-handed moderation.
    join a channel that is public and not private!
    join a channel where we share top tier holdings, freighter-invites, practical advice, and years of sto knowledge.

/channel_join NoP Public Service

Nerds of Prey, REDdit Alert, House of Snoo, House of Beautiful, and many more fleets are here every single day giving away free invites, allowing you access to top-shelf mine, embassy, and base store consoles, boffs, weapons, etc.

Very useful channel, I've used it several times.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    callen151callen151 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    NoP Public Service channel is the best free access channel there is. The Mods arent Dictators who spam a macro'd response if you say something. The channel is very laid back and there are several members who never seem to leave their fleets starbases, always offering invites and willing to spend hours switching back and forth between different holdings and the Fed/KDF sides.

If you are tired of being threatened with Mute/or kick from a channel run by a channel of Dictators, never getting the invite you want or the help you need. Join us on the NoP Public Service channel!
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I already left the "other" channel, due to how anal the mods were being.

I will join this one when I get back in game :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    mwaldron99mwaldron99 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I love the NoP Public Service channel. For the last few weeks, it has been my "go to " for all kinds of fleet items, even had a fleet wonderful enough to let me get a fleet Ha'Feh. Not normal for a channel like this, but very friendly and extremely helpful.

Thanks Nerds of Prey for being there when we need you most!

Amorea, Loni, Deanna
  • Options
    lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Great channel, I recomend it, very full of... y'know, nice normal people :D
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This has to be too good to be true, surely? Free Fleet Items/Ships for no cost?

Sign me up.

...though I need to save for some fleet modules first. Hmm.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    This has to be too good to be true, surely? Free Fleet Items/Ships for no cost?

Sign me up.

...though I need to save for some fleet modules first. Hmm.

It most certainly is true. While fleet ship invites are a bit more rare to come by, invites to bases where your own provisions are used are a common place in the channel
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why would you even need PS when you have NoP PS?
    I wouldn't have any Elite stuff if it wasn't for them. The convos in there are very laidback too without any stupid rules. I guess the only rule there is: don't be an *******. NoP rocks!
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Really? This does seem to good to be true, that said would love a fleet elite shied ( my fleet is tiny and at tier 3 ), will def look into joining this.
  • Options
    kharonsoremankharonsoreman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Pass.

Matter of fact, sure seems awfully convenient timing after the original Public Service channel was just ruined..

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Really? This does seem to good to be true, that said would love a fleet elite shied ( my fleet is tiny and at tier 3 ), will def look into joining this.

it is true.
    the reason so many fleets are starting to do this is because it costs them absolutely nothing to do it. when you buy a fleet shield on the NoP base, for example, you use their stores access (t5), but you use your own fleets provisions.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    the reason so many fleets are starting to do this is because it costs them absolutely nothing to do it. when you buy a fleet shield on the NoP base, for example, you use their stores access (t5), but you use your own fleets provisions.
    Uhm, what? How does that/this work? :confused:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    Uhm, what? How does that/this work? :confused:

its just the mechanics of sto fleet stores.
    the base, the mine, and the embassy all work this way. you enjoy the access-level of the fleet that owns the terminal you are using, yet all your purchases are deducted from your own fleets pool of provisions. for that reason you must have permissions to use your own fleet store and your own fleet must have the provisions to cover whatever purchases you wish to make.

the only exception to this is fleet ships, which would require you to actually join the higher tier fleet and use their ship provisions. thats why 'free ships' are so rare.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Since it's not explained anywhere, here's how fleet map invites to shop work:

1) You must be in a fleet. Any fleet. (Don't leave your fleet!)

2) Your fleet must have a provision for the item you wish to buy. Feel free to ask what kind of provision something uses if you don't know. You can check this in the fleet holdings window, there's a tab for provisions.

3) Your fleet must give you permission to use its provisions. Check the settings tab of the fleet window to see what permissions your rank has. The box next to "Buy from provisioned fleet stores" must be checked.

4) Needless to say you must have fleet credits and dilithium for whatever you want to buy. Again, feel free to ask what things cost.

5) Ask for a base invite. Specify if you are Fed or KDF. Be patient. Only a few people have access to Tier 5 bases, after all. If you don't get an invite, try again later.

With all that, you can shop at the stores on a higher-ranked fleet's base. You'll see the stores they have unlocked, but you'll be using your fleet's provisions.

A few further notes:

* On developed fleets, you can go to the fleet embassy via the starbase transporter. So if you ask for an embassy invite but end up on a starbase, don't panic! Just look for the "Shuttle to fleet embassy" button.

* There's also an option to transwarp to the fleet dilithium mine, however it will not work for map guests- it takes visitors to their fleet's mine. So if you want a mine invite, ask for that specifically. You'll have to be invited directly to the mine. *Cryptic knows about this bug, it's obviously a low-priority but I believe it will be fixed eventually

* The fleet shipyard is not accessible with a base invite. You'll be able to buy only the ships your fleet has unlocked. It's remotely possible that you'll see fleets offering free ships, and I know NoP is planning something special when it hits Shipyard V, but that is not something you should expect.
  • Options
    lagomorphiclagomorphic Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey folks for clarity's sake hear is a list of the channel rules:

1) NO SELLING/BUYING ACCESS!
    2) Be polite.

Violations will be punished with a polite reminder!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    its just the mechanics of sto fleet stores.
    the base, the mine, and the embassy all work this way. you enjoy the access-level of the fleet that owns the terminal you are using, yet all your purchases are deducted from your own fleets pool of provisions. for that reason you must have permissions to use your own fleet store and your own fleet must have the provisions to cover whatever purchases you wish to make.

the only exception to this is fleet ships, which would require you to actually join the higher tier fleet and use their ship provisions. thats why 'free ships' are so rare.
    Since it's not explained anywhere, here's how fleet map invites to shop work:

1) You must be in a fleet. Any fleet.

2) Your fleet must have a provision for the item you wish to buy. Feel free to ask what kind of provision something uses if you don't know. You can check this in the fleet holdings window, there's a tab for provisions.

3) Your fleet must give you permission to use its provisions. Check the settings tab of the fleet window to see what permissions your rank has. The box next to "Buy from provisioned fleet stores" must be checked.

4) Needless to say you must have fleet credits and dilithium for whatever you want to buy. Again, feel free to ask what things cost.

5) Ask for a base invite. Be patient. Only a few people have access to Tier 5 bases, after all. If you don't get an invite, try again later.

With all that, you can shop at the stores on a higher-ranked fleet's base. You'll see the stores they have unlocked, but you'll be using your fleet's provisions.

A few further notes:

* On developed fleets, you can go to the fleet embassy via the starbase transporter.

* There's also an option to transwarp to the fleet dilithium mine, however it will not work for map guests- it takes visitors to their fleet's mine. So if you want a mine invite, ask for that specifically. You'll have to be invited directly to the mine.

* The fleet shipyard is not accessible with a base invite. You'll be able to buy only the ships your fleet has unlocked.
    I understand how this works now, and why the free ship idea isn't so likely.

Cheers (both) for clearing up any confusion. :)
  • Options
    lagomorphiclagomorphic Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    FYI Nerds of Prey will be offering shipyard access KDF side once our tier 5 upgrade is complete. It should be finished in about 26 days.

Free shipyard access does happen but it does require patience since the number of fleets offering it is much smaller.
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would personally rather use Mk 7 Common Gear then have any association of any kind with NoP.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd just like to mention that my fleet is also still a part of this. We don't have anything at tier 5 yet, but we will help with most other things, such as pretty much all the tier 4 SB stuff, and almost anything off the Embassy and Mine for both sides.

I remember when the channel started. I felt rather...unsure about it as well, but I don't regret in the slightest about joining it.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would personally rather use Mk 7 Common Gear then have any association of any kind with NoP.

go ahead..humor some of us. Post screenshots :p
    but seriously man..what the hell?
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Question: Does NOP's members tend to share when the Doff assignment "Reclaim Borg Drones" is on a member's ship? I recognize that it's not a doff assignment channel, but getting through some of the TRIBBLE on other channels can be a pain sometimes.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    Question: Does NOP's members tend to share when the Doff assignment "Reclaim Borg Drones" is on a member's ship? I recognize that it's not a doff assignment channel, but getting through some of the TRIBBLE on other channels can be a pain sometimes.

I don't think I've ever seen that assignment on one of my ships (gotten it from others once or twice, but they were friends from another channel, not NoP). I keep an eye out for it and I'll try to remember to call it out if I see it...

But that's something that's going to be really, really rare.

Or in other words, that's certainly within the scope of the NoP channel, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ceekayzero wrote: »

Ive never seen that mission offered, but i see people with freighters offer NADORC on their Tufflis/Cell ships when its up
  • Options
    shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Glad to read about this... I'll be adding NoP Public Service when I get home :D

My fleet is about T4.5 but is missing a few key items like elite carrier pets...
  • Options
    devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited October 2013
    mwaldron99 wrote: »
    I love the NoP Public Service channel. For the last few weeks, it has been my "go to " for all kinds of fleet items, even had a fleet wonderful enough to let me get a fleet Ha'Feh. Not normal for a channel like this, but very friendly and extremely helpful.

Thanks Nerds of Prey for being there when we need you most!

Amorea, Loni, Deanna

I'm am trying to spend a bit more time on so I can give more invites. Sometimes the channel is a bit quiet off-peak but this will likely change in the run up to the new season.

I have put the MOTD change suggestion up for internal discussion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And another tuffli captain is now here!
  • Options
    rhakatheredrhakathered Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would like this opportunity to publically thank House of Sigma, who (as far as I am aware) was the first KDF fleet to make Elite Engineering Consoles available while everyone else was grinding their mines for Elite Warp Cores.

It's only thanks to team players like them that NoP Public Service can continue as it has, a bastion for free access to high-tier fleet holdings (and freighters now, apparently) in the madness of pay-to-access starbases, private public channels, and "no u" fleet project grinds.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I am reminded of a quote from an old Sci-Fi movie

V.I.N.CENT: "A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep."

V.I.N.CENT was a very wise robot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mango6645mango6645 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is a great service, and many players have benefited. Thanks to all the fleets that are participating. When I'm on, I offer cell ship invites, as a way to help out.
This discussion has been closed.