What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free t5 base-access for all!

Comments

• Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hob started running provisioning on its first track as soon as its upgrade was finished.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    i am pretty curious to see whether a spire shuttle becomes available though. the presence of the tw makes me wonder... furthermore, will it function like the embassy? or like the mine? hopefully a combination of the two.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So what fleets are involved in this besides HoBO and NoP?
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i am pretty curious to see whether a spire shuttle becomes available though. the presence of the tw makes me wonder... furthermore, will it function like the embassy? or like the mine? hopefully a combination of the two.

Tier 2 Spire lists "Inter-Fleet Shuttle" as a construction project.
  • Options
    vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This channel has been dead lately, either iam on at the wrong time or it is just dead.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    So what fleets are involved in this besides HoBO and NoP?

hobo wouldnt give free access for their own mothers. they arent involved.
    HoB is though, NoP, Snoo, REDdit Alert and others. for whatever reason the majority of inviters never actually say what fleet they are inviting for.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Are there any Fed fleets giving FREE Shipyard access? Really want that Fleet Armitage.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This channel has my best wishes.

It will make all the Exploiters rage since they cant sell access any more for 99999 million EC. That's always a neat thing.

Exploiters are much juicier targets than roleplayers, believe me.

So keep this good work up, and maybe crash the XII purple tac console ecomony while you are at it. Though the Spire will do that too soon.....
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Are there any Fed fleets giving FREE Shipyard access? Really want that Fleet Armitage.

There is one guy who gives Fed shipyard access, but he's on irregularly. So I'm afraid you'd just have to watch and be patient.

And as far as I know NoP still gives free KDF shipyard access when their inviters are on.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My fleet does it (though we have nothing on the SB at tier 5 yet), and I invite when I have time to.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well, it appears indeed that at tier 2 on the Spire, you can still slot provision missions even with upgrade running.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • Options
    jesseshepherdjesseshepherd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've been asking on the channel for some time now for an invite in exchange for EC and I don't even see chatter.

I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with my chat. I never see anyone else out of my friends, teammates and fleet members. :confused:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I've been asking on the channel for some time now for an invite in exchange for EC and I don't even see chatter.

I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with my chat. I never see anyone else out of my friends, teammates and fleet members. :confused:

Chat could be messed up.

But do note that all invites are meant to be free and free only. So whatever you are wanting, simply ask for it and see what happens.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Chat could be messed up.

But do note that all invites are meant to be free and free only. So whatever you are wanting, simply ask for it and see what happens.

I don't know what it could be. And sending a ticket... Still waiting on two or three replies.

I offer EC just to sweeten the deal and to show thanks.

I'm just gonna leave my handle here in hopes someone invites me.

Geshien Manusdei@Jesse_Shepherd
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited December 2013

open the social window, go to either the Find Team, Team Settings or Search tab, click the Privacy button in the lower right corner and check the Allow only friends and fleet to chat option; if it's on, turn it off, and if it's off, turn it on and then back off again

that should fix your issue

there may also be a chat command to do that, but i don't know know what it is if it exists
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    open the social window, go to either the Find Team, Team Settings or Search tab, click the Privacy button in the lower right corner and check the Allow only friends and fleet to chat option; if it's on, turn it off, and if it's off, turn it on and then back off again

that should fix your issue

there may also be a chat command to do that, but i don't know know what it is if it exists

Turning it on then off again did the trick. Thank you!
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Will most defiently be joining this channel when i get home, A reprasentative of the House of Beautiful Orions got back to me so quickly when i asked in the Earth spacedock forum!

I ahve been waiting quite patiently for my Fleet to get to the T5 Comm arrays but its slow going.

Does anyone know offhand if it takes anything more than just the 100k FC and 45k Dil?
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    truthseeker10368truthseeker10368 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi.:-)

I have used the NOP Public Service Channel since it was started.:-) Great channel.:-D

Allways very nice ppl helping out there.:-) A godsent for everyone being in small fleets.:-)

Thankyou so much to @ninastepford,@dodye and all the other great ppl offering services there.:-D

Truthseeker69

Sad Pandas/Show Me Your Critz
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    If it seems invites are taking longer than they used to, some of us are pretty busy with Winter Wornderland and sphere stuff. And other things. But I still watch the chat whenever I can.
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If it seems invites are taking longer than they used to, some of us are pretty busy with Winter Wornderland and sphere stuff. And other things. But I still watch the chat whenever I can.

I'll make sure to be very patient :D
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainabbadoncaptainabbadon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As a part owner and an admin to the DPS channel community. I think I can speak for many of the official DPS channel team when I say we fully support NoP Public Service. I, myself also offer tuffli/celll ship access as much as I can to help out. I urge many to do the same. Keep this channel alive. It keeps many of us geared to the nines for DPS and PVP. :-)
  • Options
    thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My sincerest thanks to you guys in the NoP channel! - you guys have helped us small timers out...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    RA unlocked the transwarp to Spire so I conducted a little experiment, just in case anyone cares: Spire invites must be sent from the ground map. Transwarp takes map guests to the wrong Spire and so does docking.

Soooo that's annoying but expected.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    RA unlocked the transwarp to Spire so I conducted a little experiment, just in case anyone cares: Spire invites must be sent from the ground map. Transwarp takes map guests to the wrong Spire and so does docking.

Could be worse I suppose.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

i cannot determine whether it is due to incompetence or to spite.
  • Options
    frustratedgamerfrustratedgamer Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Outstanding Community!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • Options
    v1ctor1stv1ctor1st Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Outstanding community service! Used it a few times now :D
    AhvtPz9.jpg
    • "You know when that shark bites, with its teeth dear... scarlet billows start to spread..."
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm playing STO since start and never heard that such a channel exists, lol.

GREAT thanks to everyone making free acess to Starbases possible!
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    :)

Thank you for the NOP Public Service Channel.

:)

I am sad that there are people complaining about the generosity of other players. I can't say I know much, if anything, about the people/fleets that are providing this service, and I certainly don't care to know of any sort of interfleet rivalry/politics that has left bad blood between players (not my business in general, and irrelevant to this enterprise...).

What I can say with 100% Fact and Gratitude is NOP PS has provided perfect SERVICE to me and my many (17) alts. I have never received any thing but friendly invites, "Your Welcome" responses to my "Thanks", and polite "No Thank Yous" (or equivalent) to any offers of recompense or payment.

There's never been any sort of agenda, drama, or issue. I post in the channel what I'm looking for ("May I please have an invite to a T3 KDF Mine for Mk XII Consoles" or whatever), and like a genie granting a wish, I magically get said invite. What more could any player ask for?

Ok... So yeah, some times my requests have gone unanswered. But hey, it's no big deal. I don't pester or spam the channel. I ask a couple times over my course of play and if some one is available they send an invite. If not, then I try again later in another play session. I get it. Sometimes there's just no one on, but within a day or two I get whatever it is I need.[/I]
    That's exactly what i was hoping to find. :)
    Since i am new to this matter, i was wondering what some people mean when complaining about this channel.

I have just one question:
    Where can i find listings of prices for Fleet equipment?
    (What's the price for MK XII Dilithium mine/Spire/Embassy/Starbase equipment, for example)
    I tried STOWIKI, but couldn't find anything. :P
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yreodred wrote: »
    I tried STOWIKI, but couldn't find anything. :P
    10-15k dilithium for most gear IIRC. Elite Disruptors for example were around 15k dilithium when I bought them for one of my KDF characters. Advanced weapons are like 10k or less.

Ground gear is cheaper still.

FC cost is only an issue if you don't happen to have a huge stockpile of FCs. :D
This discussion has been closed.