Free t5 base-access for all!

Comments

• Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited October 2013
    I am reminded of a quote from an old Sci-Fi movie

V.I.N.CENT: "A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep."

V.I.N.CENT was a very wise robot.

Sour grapes, much? There isn't even the Dental-HOBO feud nonsense going on, HOBO's involved in this. Quit with the off-hand remarks. If you can't say something nice about a bunch of fleets (NOT just NoP/Dental) giving away the fruits of their labors for free, then keep it to yourself.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    Sour grapes, much? There isn't even the Dental-HOBO feud nonsense going on, HOBO's involved in this. Quit with the off-hand remarks. If you can't say something nice about a bunch of fleets (NOT just NoP/Dental) giving away the fruits of their labors for free, then keep it to yourself.
    meh, just ignore the haters; some people just can't stand to see someone helping others

NoP PS is a good channel, full of helpful, non-power tripping people, and that's all that really matters
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited October 2013
    Well I do have to say that this channel is very usefull and no trolling when getting the invites happened when I got mine for elite fleet shields. ui will be asking for more invites as time wears on for my main KDF. Will be needing 4 consoles, 1 elite fleet pet and a warp core soon. Sadly nobody had an invite for me to get a T3 fleet ship, but offer money in zone gets one everytime and I dont mind paying for that since it does cost them 1 provision and only took 4 hours to get the 7 million EC I didnt have for an even 10.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    kharonsoremankharonsoreman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    timezarg wrote: »

Sorry it offends you that I will not compromise myself for a ship or some silly console. I am more sorry than I think you could ever understand.

I, of course, appreciate a good deed as much, if not more than the next person. If it is done with good intentions.. There is nothing on the face of this earth that will convince me that 100% of the participants in this have good intentions.

Kudos to those who are trying to do this for the right reasons for sure, I will always give credit to where it is due.

On that same coin, I will not compromise the truth, the stain of ill will and manipulation can never be totally washed away from any of this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep.
  • Options
    badname34235455badname34235455 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes
  • Options
    wildchild8wildchild8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey guys,

While I've never used a public service channel (had fleets i could hit up for stuff) I commend NOP and will be joining NOP Public Service once server is back up. I'm a big fan of game wide resources as you might guess...

Would you guys mind if I linked your channel in the PESTF rules for the few occasions that people come on looking for stuff we can direct to yourselves?

thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
    PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
    WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!
  • Options
    johnbloomfield1johnbloomfield1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Free FED/KDF t5 base-invites, cell/tuffli invites, boff-training, and more!

join an active channel free of ego, unnecessary rules, and heavy-handed moderation.
    join a channel that is public and not private!
    join a channel where we share top tier holdings, freighter-invites, practical advice, and years of sto knowledge.

/channel_join NoP Public Service

Nerds of Prey, REDdit Alert, House of Snoo, House of Beautiful, and many more fleets are here every single day giving away free invites, allowing you access to top-shelf mine, embassy, and base store consoles, boffs, weapons, etc.

how does this work?
    its just the mechanics of sto fleet stores.
    the base, the mine, and the embassy all work this way: you enjoy the access-level of the fleet that owns the terminal you are using, yet all your purchases are deducted from your own fleets pool of provisions. for that reason you must have permissions to use your own fleet store and your own fleet must have the provisions to cover whatever purchases you wish to make.

the only exception to this is fleet ships, which would require you to actually join the higher tier fleet and use their ship provisions. thats why 'free ships' are so rare. that being said, Nerds of Prey will be allowing access to t5 kdf ships when they hit t5 shipyard (sometime in november).

FuturePastNow (one of the most prolific t5-inviters in sto) has gone into great detail regarding fleet-store mechanics.

Riyott, one of the many NoP fleet members responsible for pioneering this great service, has given me permission to speak on his behalf to support this message due to his unjust forums ban. I'm happy to see many of you taking advantage of this great channel and want to thank you for helping to spread the word of this channel. With the drama happening in Public Service it's comforting to know the good people of STO are being taken care of in NoP Public Service. I hope you all enjoy your gear.
    Hey guys,

While I've never used a public service channel (had fleets i could hit up for stuff) I commend NOP and will be joining NOP Public Service once server is back up. I'm a big fan of game wide resources as you might guess...

Would you guys mind if I linked your channel in the PESTF rules for the few occasions that people come on looking for stuff we can direct to yourselves?

thanks!

As a regular user of PESTF, Riyott and I are completly on board with this. We want to help spread this channel to everyone. There are people still paying for access to fleet equipment and we want this to end.

Thank you all for your support.
  • Options
    wildchild8wildchild8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

As a regular user of PESTF, Riyott and I are completly on board with this. We want to help spread this channel to everyone. There are people still paying for access to fleet equipment and we want this to end.

Thank you all for your support.

Great to hear, is there an official NOP Public Service Thread/Post here on these forums or external even that i can link to (rules/guidelines how to use etc) or are you guys just using this thread?

Highly recommend an official Channel Info thread ( perhaps for sticky)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
    PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
    WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sorry it offends you that I will not compromise myself for a ship or some silly console. I am more sorry than I think you could ever understand.

I, of course, appreciate a good deed as much, if not more than the next person. If it is done with good intentions.. There is nothing on the face of this earth that will convince me that 100% of the participants in this have good intentions.

Kudos to those who are trying to do this for the right reasons for sure, I will always give credit to where it is due.

On that same coin, I will not compromise the truth, the stain of ill will and manipulation can never be totally washed away from any of this.

This guy, 150%

I'd rather buy access to a service then rely on anything from NoP and anyone associated with them.
  • Options
    devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited October 2013
    This guy, 150%

I'd rather buy access to a service then rely on anything from NoP and anyone associated with them.

Quoting a bad post and then complaining about a free service isn't really much of a post at all.

You could have simply summarised it as hating anything that benefits the sto playerbase. It is more concise and truthful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Got my Elite JHAS pets thanks to this channel. Many thanks.
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    devian666 wrote: »
    Quoting a bad post and then complaining about a free service isn't really much of a post at all.

You could have simply summarised it as hating anything that benefits the sto playerbase. It is more concise and truthful.

Ah yes, because I don't wish to associate with NoP, Dental, or Shutup Wesley in any way, I automatically hate anything that benefits the STO playerbase.

Dental propaganda at work.
  • Options
    noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ah yes, because I don't wish to associate with NoP, Dental, or Shutup Wesley in any way, I automatically hate anything that benefits the STO playerbase.

Dental propaganda at work.

If you think they are Trolls and hate them so much that you need to publicly express it, then why are you feeding them? Your posts seem to only serve your ego and a need to somehow belittle a group of people offering something useful with no strings attached.

I am betting that with your comments about being willing to pay for access, you are really just bitter that you can no longer attempt to dupe or fleece new players out of EC by selling them starbase access.

Many in my fleet have made use of this channel now, and none of them have had a bad experience. We are Tier 4.5 ourselves on the Fed side, and when we have Tier 5 access, we will happily work to offer it to others to pay back the generosity these fleets are showing by taking on some of the load ourselves. In this channel, or whatever channel exists that is like it, by the time we get there.

*edited for spelling
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    as tempting as it is to refute some of the comments in this thread, i cant really take the time to do so.
    i am too busy giving people free invites to maxed out holdings.
  • Options
    mrvoodumrvoodu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i love NOP public service and i support this message. i wouldnt pay for a channel and get mod rage and muted and kicked and abused. join nop and get what you want free and great friendly people.
  • Options
    vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Great channel - have used it many times - you have my full support!!
    In game: @vividh
  • Options
    paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    as tempting as it is to refute some of the comments in this thread, i cant really take the time to do so.
    i am too busy giving people free invites to maxed out holdings.

refute away.. you simply don't like it because it cuts into the profit line of you guys trying to charge people millions of EC for what they can get for free.

This channel is nothing but polite helpful people who refuse to not only charge but take anything for their help.

I know that is a threat to the troll mentality and compromises the ability to scam players who don't know any better out of their EC.

Go ahead lash out against that which scares you the most.

I applaud NoP for stepping up in the community. I guess a channel that helps fellow players is not as cool as trolling people and being nasty and verbally abusive to random people on Drozana.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    you realise i am not only the person that started this thread, and am not only a member of NoP, but i have more than likely sent out more kdf invites than anyone else in sto?
    paulyman wrote: »
    refute away.. you simply don't like it because it cuts into the profit line of you guys trying to charge people millions of EC for what they can get for free.

This channel is nothing but polite helpful people who refuse to not only charge but take anything for their help.

I know that is a threat to the troll mentality and compromises the ability to scam players who don't know any better out of their EC.

Go ahead lash out against that which scares you the most.

I applaud NoP for stepping up in the community. I guess a channel that helps fellow players is not as cool as trolling people and being nasty and verbally abusive to random people on Drozana.
  • Options
    stonetheimpalorstonetheimpalor Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Great channel many thanks for your effort, i use this channel often.

grts,

eaonflux
  • Options
    finious2finious2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    well I do have to say one thing,

thank you NOP for making it that much harder to finish fleet holdings because of your free invites people feel they don't have to finish their own fleet holding because all they have to do is ask for invite from you.

so you did accomplish your trolling ways.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    finious2 wrote: »

thank you NOP for making it that much harder to finish fleet holdings because of your free invites people feel they don't have to finish their own fleet holding because all they have to do is ask for invite from you.

i reckon the free invites make your fleet more viable, and reduces the temptation to leave a small fleet in search of better holdings.
    believe me, if people think the only way to get t5 gear is to either grind for many months, or to pay ec for access, or to instead to leave your fleet and join a t5 fleet, they will leave you in droves. i learnt this by experience.
  • Options
    devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited October 2013

So we're trolling you for saving you from the starbase grind that has made a lot of players leave fleets or the game? That's not what trolling means.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I personally like this channel. I find it a good source for answers, builds, and general help with missions.

I'm usually positive that I'll get an invite to whatever fleet holding I need to get to, as well. It's a very good channel in general, and I'm happy with it.
  • Options
    tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Yes and no. Whilst I too have been suspicious of Dental in the past, the fact is your own fleet mates need to work on your Starbase because they need the provisions and Fleet Credits to be able to use the NoP Services in the first place... I've yet to join NoP (but will do later; my KDF fleet's not that high yet!), but have heard from friends (who have also been suspicious of Dental before now) that it's an absolute dream to use. So, all power to them really...

Tim
  • Options
    ehgatoehgato Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2013

i see how yuo feel bro BUT before of that ppl quit from low lvl fleet only to join a top lvl for the gear and then they never comback, mi own fleet have to sobrive a masive quit since season7 start , all that grind for the top gear made loose the primary reason for made a fleet : "made a place for ppl who enjoy the company of country mates or a grup a friends from all world" tanks to cryptic that was changed to a place were yuo get gear and nothing more.

This days mi fleet is up again and we have a moderate number of members but from time to time some ppl (the youngers most of the time) are in a rush for top gear, this channel give a option to stop the masives quit, at least thas mi opinion.

Sry fro mi english
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I love the service this channel provides. I'm able to continue contributing towards my own fleets progression while getting a bit of a jump on some of the gear. Extremely helpful to small fleets.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited October 2013

Fleetmates need FC and provisions to use the fleet stores right? Provisions and FC is generated by donating to fleet projects correct? Grinding away for monthes on projects generationg FC up tha wazoo and provisions that have no use is frustrating and can feel as if you are not really progressing and the temptation to leave the fleet for another that has all those finished can be great. Is it not better to have fleetmates donating for provisions and FC then buying what they want but not joining another fleet to never donate to yours again? Is that not better?

If they do not donate because they got all the gear they want then have a rethink on recruiting practices and who is currently in the fleet. As that is something NOP/Dental/everyone else providing invites cannot control.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    waffadeuce1waffadeuce1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Member of a T3 Klink fleet that is growing slooooowly. THANK YOU NOP for allowing me access to T5 gear - Y'all rock!

Waff
  • Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    To NoP, the entire AB Fab Fleet supports this message!

Craptic/PWE beware, the voices of the smaller fleets that are limited by your fleet leveling ruling days are over. Our fleet is Tier 3 and going into Tier 4 on military, but thanks to NoP and this channel our small fleet has Tier 5 equipment and ships, without having to waste physical cash and severe grinding that come with owning a starbase. Now we can concentrate on slowly upgrading the starbase instead of wishing and hoping the devs skale this game back for smaller fleets when it comes to Fleet equipment.

The secret is out PWE, we will no longer spend cash to support your epically limited game. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
  • Options
    dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited October 2013
    Just came by to say thank you for the access your doing a wonderful thing for the entire STO community.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
This discussion has been closed.