test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free t5 base-access for all!

Comments

• my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lan451 wrote: »

As I stated, literal interpretation of the rules. It should be plain to anybody what my intentions were. Your attitude would instantly ban people whom have English as a second language, and those with improper sentence structure, as well as first time posters who don't fully understand instantly the formal language required for participation in the chat channel.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Everyone involved with this epitomizes the very best of our players and helps to make STO a great MMO for all of us.

I thank you ! :)
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As I stated, literal interpretation of the rules. It should be plain to anybody what my intentions were. Your attitude would instantly ban people whom have English as a second language, and those with improper sentence structure, as well as first time posters who don't fully understand instantly the formal language required for participation in the chat channel.

Here's the thing... the channel creator/mod/admin can create whatever rules they wish... maybe its miscommunication... Always a possibility.

But, it's their channel.

NoPPS has provided exactly what it advertises ('Free T5 Base Access"), to that end, they (and rightfully so) fiercely guard the "free" portion of the access. Now, everything else aside, what you were wanting to do in the channel, really isn't what the channel is designed for... you were looking for the reverse, access to a lower tier base to donate to open projects... Best way to look at it... you picked the wrong channel... (i.e. you don't advertise for Epohh Tagging in STF Channels).

You may have a legitimate idea, that could work (not for me personally, but others might find it useful)If you want to form a channel to invite people to be invited to small fleets, and donate so they get fleet credit, where you in turn provide them provisions... then by all means. If others like the idea, then the channel will grow.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    g0h4n4 wrote: »
    Joining a fleet is much more than just earning credits. It's about meeting new people, new friends and having mentors teaching to play PVE or PVP.

I totally enjoy the two fleets I am in at the moment, great people and great experiences.

I totaly agree with this sentiment. All too often I see people recruiting in chat selling the fact that their starbase is at this or that level.

As though the starbase, embassy and dilithium access were the only reason people would want to join a fleet.
    Unfortunately, that may be all too true for many players, but a fleet means so much more.

I'm lucky, I managed to meet decent people playing through the years and have stuck with them.

Now my fleet is actually more like a group of friends than it it anything else. A group of friends from all over the world, who like Star Trek. :D
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

edited October 2013
    Here's the thing... the channel creator/mod/admin can create whatever rules they wish... maybe its miscommunication... Always a possibility.

But, it's their channel.

NoPPS has provided exactly what it advertises ('Free T5 Base Access"), to that end, they (and rightfully so) fiercely guard the "free" portion of the access. Now, everything else aside, what you were wanting to do in the channel, really isn't what the channel is designed for... you were looking for the reverse, access to a lower tier base to donate to open projects... Best way to look at it... you picked the wrong channel... (i.e. you don't advertise for Epohh Tagging in STF Channels).

You may have a legitimate idea, that could work (not for me personally, but others might find it useful)If you want to form a channel to invite people to be invited to small fleets, and donate so they get fleet credit, where you in turn provide them provisions... then by all means. If others like the idea, then the channel will grow.

A useful response, thank you. I will do just that.

EDIT:

/channel_join marks4credits

A place to find a low tier fleet to exchange your fleet marks for fleet credits.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Of course it's a literal interpretation of the rules. Those are the rules that they laid out. No buying, no selling, only free. Either you give it away no strings attached or not at all. Obviously your intentions were not very clear since you got yourself muted. Had you made it clear that you wanted to give your provisions away free of charge and not as incentive, then this wouldn't be a problem.

Oh and this wouldn't have any effect on non-native English speakers. All they have to do is explain to one of the NoP folks (being muted on the channel doesn't put them on an individual ignore list) that they don't speak English as a main language and misunderstood. The NoP folks that I've seen in there are very understanding and would probably take the time to explain it to them and help them out. That's not even an issue.

Which by the way, have you tried that? Before running to the forums crying foul, did you try to contact someone from NoP and try to explain that it was a misunderstanding? I'm betting you didn't. You should try that.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited October 2013
    Which by the way, have you tried that? Before running to the forums crying foul, did you try to contact someone from NoP and try to explain that it was a misunderstanding? I'm betting you didn't. You should try that.

My chat is unable to receive private chat, nor can I send in game mail. Another system bug that remains un-fixed. So, once I was muted, there really was no option for me other than the forums.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My chat is unable to receive private chat, nor can I send in game mail. Another system bug that remains un-fixed. So, once I was muted, there really was no option for me other than the forums.

I've heard of that, it really needs to be fixed. In that case, I would suggest sending a PM on these forums to nabreeki or maybe devian666. I'm not sure of their command structure so I don't know who handles what, but I'm sure that one of them can at least point you in the right direction on who you would need to talk to.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited October 2013
    I've heard of that, it really needs to be fixed. In that case, I would suggest sending a PM on these forums to nabreeki or maybe devian666. I'm not sure of their command structure so I don't know who handles what, but I'm sure that one of them can at least point you in the right direction on who you would need to talk to.

Thanx. I will look them up.
  • rhakatheredrhakathered Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oh hey, I remember being there for that particular fiasco.
    You might not remember me, but I was one of the 10 people who were telling you for a quarter hour straight that yes, "giving someone stuff for fleet marks" really does count as sale. Not that you did listen when the entire channel told you you were wrong.

In any case, I've notified the mod who I believe muted you, so hopefully the problem with your chat will soon be solved.
  • lagomorphiclagomorphic Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey I'm the channel mod that did the muting, thank you Rhakathered for bringing this to my attention. We have 2 rules for the channel:

1) NO BUYING/SELLING
    2) Be polite

We mostly crack down on rule 1 because it is the big one. We don't want anything that even resembles a sale in the channel. So no bartering, suggested donations, reimbursement for provisions, nothing. If you wish to engage in any of those activities please take it to the trade channel.

You're proposed scheme was in violation of rule 1 and you were informed of this. You responded by continuing to violate rule 1 in a manner that increasingly violated rule 2. That's what got you muted.

I have already tried to remove the mute but cannot as you have left the channel. If you rejoin the channel I'll remove the mute now that you've had a chance to cool off.

I'm sorry that you have had a bad experience in our channel and wish you luck with your new channel. We have no problem with your idea but our channel was simply not the place for it. Please do come back to the channel if you ever find yourself in need of fleet gear.
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have had nothing but good experiences on this channel.
  • nopriyottnopriyott Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi my1alts2alt3, going from what rhakathered has said you were given multiple warnings to not do what you were doing. They were trying to explain it to you for 15 minutes, after which point you were muted from the channel, which is a very hard thing to accomplish. All the mods I put in place are good and fair people and they'll refrain from muting people as much as they can, as this is a public help channel we're here to help. If you were muted then that tells me that you were doing something horrible and idiotic. I didn't really read into what you did but I hope we can put it behind us. This channel is for helping everyone. Please join us again in NoP Public Service and enjoy free gear as needed.

To everyone else: I'm happy to see you're enjoying your fleet gear. Back when this was started I didn't think this channel would grow so much. Thank you all for your support and a big thank you to the many fleets offering free access to their stores.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Free FED/KDF t5 base-invites, cell/tuffli invites, boff-training, and more!

join an active channel free of ego, unnecessary rules, and heavy-handed moderation.
    join a channel that is public and not private!
    join a channel where we share top tier holdings, freighter-invites, practical advice, and years of sto knowledge.

/channel_join NoP Public Service

Nerds of Prey, REDdit Alert, House of Snoo, House of Beautiful, and many more fleets are here every single day giving away free invites, allowing you access to top-shelf mine, embassy, and base store consoles, boffs, weapons, etc.

how does this work?
    its just the mechanics of sto fleet stores.
    the base, the mine, and the embassy all work this way: you enjoy the access-level of the fleet that owns the terminal you are using, yet all your purchases are deducted from your own fleets pool of provisions. for that reason you must have permissions to use your own fleet store and your own fleet must have the provisions to cover whatever purchases you wish to make.

the only exception to this is fleet ships, which would require you to actually join the higher tier fleet and use their ship provisions. thats why 'free ships' are so rare. that being said, Nerds of Prey will be allowing access to t5 kdf ships when they hit t5 shipyard (sometime in november).

FuturePastNow (one of the most prolific t5-inviters in sto) has gone into great detail regarding fleet-store mechanics.

Any other channels besides this one around for fleet stuff? Just curious.....
    DUwNP.gif

• futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Any other channels besides this one around for fleet stuff? Just curious.....

If you mean a channel for purchasing ships (since free offers are so rare), or other trades (fleet marks for provisions stands out as one) you might try TheTradingChannel (I think it has no spaces). I'm not sure I'd trust the offers in Zone (though most are probably legit).

I'm not aware of another easy means of getting free base invites, besides making friends with someone in a large fleet and asking them directly. There are a few large inter-fleet chat channels you could try to find, too, though obviously their primary focus will be elsewhere and your request may easily be missed. AFAIK NoP Public Service is now the only public service channel operating.
  • paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this channel is better than a springtime ice cream cone at the beach hand crafted by a magical unicorn!

give it a try say hello get some invites maybe give some invites.. try the crab dip it is really good.. oh wait how did that get in here
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lets see... since joining this channel:

I have been able to dump excess fleet-marks on several fleetless toons.

Dispose of some high level items that would have otherwise gotten recycled.

Found a fleet to work with for one of my toons

And met some interesting/fun people.

If you ask a question you will be directed to the right answer, which is a great asset by itself.
    edited November 2013
    I've heard of that, it really needs to be fixed.

I found my own solution.

/Whitelist_Tells On

/Whitelist_Emails On

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=914881
    edited November 2013
    I found my own solution.

/Whitelist_Tells On

/Whitelist_Emails On

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=914881

Neat. There are all sorts of useful undocumented console commands in STO.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gearing up for spire access within days. get your fleets to provision up!
  • wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gearing up for spire access within days. get your fleets to provision up!

Having a 5 day timer on just upgrading each research and operations tier is ouch.
    edited November 2013
    and not being able to provision during those upgrades makes it even worse.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2013
    Ikr?

Anyway just want to say a big thanks for all the effort every fleet in NoP Public Service and those that were in (not so)Public Service for sending out invites to those fleets that are not as far along.

It is appreciated and people respect what you do.

*looks at tehbubbaloo's sig*

Ah ninastepford!! Now I know who you are, you're a star in game!

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I might have to check this out, though truth be told I might not be playing this game much after the lobi give away is done because another game I am dying to try is going to go into alpha testing in december and I already got a slot waiting for me.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    edited November 2013
    Didn't the mine allow us to run provision projects while the upgrades were counting down? I wonder why they changed that. To slow down progress, I guess.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Didn't the mine allow us to run provision projects while the upgrades were counting down? I wonder why they changed that. To slow down progress, I guess.

I noticed that as well.

Most annoying.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited November 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    I noticed that as well.

Most annoying.

I think we just got used to the way things work at higher tiers and forgot that you have to be tier 1- upgrade completed- to get the provision projects in the first place. So we'll see very soon if the T2 upgrades lock out any projects.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think we just got used to the way things work at higher tiers and forgot that you have to be tier 1- upgrade completed- to get the provision projects in the first place. So we'll see very soon if the T2 upgrades lock out any projects.

Indeed. I'd enjoy seeing a bump on this thread when you (or anyone who wants to say so) gets to that point so we can be 100% sure. If I manage to make it first, I'll do the same.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited November 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Indeed. I'd enjoy seeing a bump on this thread when you (or anyone who wants to say so) gets to that point so we can be 100% sure. If I manage to make it first, I'll do the same.

19,500 Research XP so it will be Soon (trademark)
    edited November 2013
    hob started running provisioning on its first track as soon as its upgrade was finished.
This discussion has been closed.