test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dreadnought Cruisers should have ALL FOUR CRUISER POWERS

khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
I refer to this table: http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/de/ee/deee11f4e807cc0449fc988ac067c96c1381171477.jpg

As you can see, the Dreadnought Cruiser has been singled out, most bafflingly, to be the only full Cruiser in the game with merely 2 powers, when battlecruisers have 3 and its relative the Sovereign has all 4.

Dreadnought Cruiser powers should be all 4. But I will accept having just Strategic Maneuvering, Shield Frequency Modulation, Weapon System Efficiency as the Gal-X is a (albeit poor) battlecruiser for all intents and purposes.

No need to single it out!

*sigh*

I'll give credit where its due. Giving weapons efficiency to the Dreadnought actually combos with the huge gun, which reduces reliance on DEM or weapon batteries for firing the Lance. It also makes the Dreadnought lean even more towards beams. Thank goodness for all the doffs and A2B making beams viable again.

All that said and done, we'll adapt like we always had...

But if you see a Dreadnought Cruiser in your team, switch auras to anything other than WSE, because that's the only thing we can do!

And I really doubt any other dps cruiser is suicidal enough to use Draw Fire.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
Post edited by khayuung on

Comments

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Considering how slow the Dread is it sure could use Strategic Maneuvering...
  • Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Totally agree, it should get the turn bonus at a minimum. This exclusion list seems completely arbitrary.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    All cruisers should have way higher + to their power levels. As they are larger and have larger powercores for that reason.

The fact that they still only get the base line dropped across all ships is rather stupid IMHO.

EDIT: didnt realize this was about the new cruiser powers....
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2013
    "Cryptic what's your beef with the Galaxy?"
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well.....that didn't take long. :rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    Well.....that didn't take long. :rolleyes:

I have my Cloaking Device to thank. :P

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

• Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Really guys, Cryptic give out freebies and the first thing you do is complain? Are you serious?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Really guys, Cryptic give out freebies and the first thing you do is complain? Are you serious?

I'm not complaining, I'm strongly recommending. And venting.

• Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It should be noted that the Romulans get nothing out of this.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Not true! As long as the Romulans are within 5km of their Fed/KDF allies, they too benefit from the Paladin Auras. ;)

Honestly though, I was kind of surprised that they broke out a separate group for Dreadnought Cruisers...since there's only one. That they did, imho, suggests we're going to see more down the road.

Even if it were the Fleet Gal-X, it would still be the Gal-X...which imho wouldn't justify a separate category. So I'm thinking...more Dreadnoughts!

Balaur! Ravager! Warbarge!
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2013
    Roms are already stupidly powerful with battle cloaks and DHCs on all things big and in the way.

I would think the dreadnought would have the maneuvering and weapons efficiency instead. As for the 2 thing, well dreadnoughts to me are big powerful guns, not necessarily able to take fire but can dish it out so shields and draw fire would be out.

I know there's little to no difference in game but I just think a switch from draw fire to maneuvering would be better suited.

As for all other comments...there's a saying in old miners towns in this country, tough.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I thought Dreadnoughts were supposed to get a single hanger or did I miss something from the Scimmy rational behind it getting a hanger.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bareel wrote: »
    I thought Dreadnoughts were supposed to get a single hanger or did I miss something from the Scimmy rational behind it getting a hanger.

you must've missed something

the canon scimitar had hanger bays in it, im guessing alot of people complained that it didnt have one at first?

they are really powerful on their own...even more so with their unique frigate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Not true! As long as the Romulans are within 5km of their Fed/KDF allies, they too benefit from the Paladin Auras. ;)

Honestly though, I was kind of surprised that they broke out a separate group for Dreadnought Cruisers...since there's only one. That they did, imho, suggests we're going to see more down the road.

Even if it were the Fleet Gal-X, it would still be the Gal-X...which imho wouldn't justify a separate category. So I'm thinking...more Dreadnoughts!

Balaur! Ravager! Warbarge!

The Litany of Fury!

...what? :P
    bpharma wrote: »
    As for all other comments...there's a saying in old miners towns in this country, tough.

That's very true. Giving weapons efficiency to the Dreadnought actually combos with the huge gun, which reduces reliance on DEM or weapon batteries for firing the Lance. It also makes the Dreadnought lean even more towards beams. Thank goodness for all the doffs and A2B making beams viable again.

All that said and done, we'll adapt like we always had...

But if you see a Dreadnought Cruiser in your team, switch auras to anything other than WSE, because that's the only thing we can do!

• Options
    rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bash that Galaxy, yeah, bash it to hell, damn the Galaxy, damn it to hell and bash it some more...

With the Roms getting 5 singularity powers (on all tier 5 ships) Then so should ALL Fed cruisers get all 4 comms powers. Its this thing called a 'level playing field'
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Bash that Galaxy, yeah, bash it to hell, damn the Galaxy, damn it to hell and bash it some more...

With the Roms getting 5 singularity powers (on all tier 5 ships) Then so should ALL Fed cruisers get all 4 comms powers. Its this thing called a 'level playing field'

I had to lol...I really did.

"ALL Fed cruisers"

===>>> Its this thing called a 'level playing field' <<<===

But uh, not KDF boats...right? ;)

BTW, the Galaxy does get them...it's the Gal-X that doesn't. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    BTW, the Galaxy does get them...it's the Gal-X that doesn't. :rolleyes:

Boy do I hate hybrid taxes. :(

• Options
    edited October 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    Boy do I hate hybrid taxes. :(

Honestly, like I mentioned before - don't know why they split out the Dreadnought Cruiser for this instead of lumping it in with the Battle Cruisers...unless they're going to be doing more Dreadnoughts, eh?

Wonder if it was some sort of pseudo Canon thing that they wanted to give the Gal-X the Attract Fire, eh?
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Honestly, like I mentioned before - don't know why they split out the Dreadnought Cruiser for this instead of lumping it in with the Battle Cruisers...unless they're going to be doing more Dreadnoughts, eh?

Wonder if it was some sort of pseudo Canon thing that they wanted to give the Gal-X the Attract Fire, eh?

Wishful thinking, but...

Maybe they're close to getting Saucer Sep for the Galaxy-X finished (and will implement it along with the wider availability of the Cruiser Commands) and they think the shotgun-blast mode for the lance along with the increased agility and saucer pet would make it too strong otherwise? (Geko also talked about thinking of adding a hangar bay to it in an earlier interview, but that may be shelved now with the Cruiser Commands....)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Wishful thinking, but...

Maybe they're close to getting Saucer Sep for the Galaxy-X finished (and will implement it along with the wider availability of the Cruiser Commands) and they think the shotgun-blast mode for the lance along with the increased agility and saucer pet would make it too strong otherwise? (Geko also talked about thinking of adding a hangar bay to it in an earlier interview, but that may be shelved now with the Cruiser Commands....)

Good point.

Though I'd reckon the hangar bay is still in order simply because of the turn rate and inertia. Yellowstones work well with a Lance...

• Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Even if they did more dreadnoughts, they gave that "class" less auras based on...the name of the class?

I'm kind of stumped at what makes 1 cruiser a "Battle Cruiser" and what makes another one a "Dreadnought" other than an arbitrary choice of names.

I know they've talked about other future Dreadnoughts, so maybe there is something in the pipeline - but at the moment it's a pretty odd choice they've gone with.
  • Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It is abit of an odd wording that has been chosen ....

Mostly because the klingons dont have a ship which is referred to as a dreadnought.
    Klingons only have Battle Cruisers & Flight Deck Cruisers ....

All things will be cleared up when they write up a list of ships & classes.

As for people complaining about romulans not gettin any .... my idea is they got the singularity powers, and this is the first of some changes for the others to get them more comparable.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yeah but the jemmy dread gets nothing :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jivedutch wrote: »
    As for people complaining about romulans not gettin any .... my idea is they got the singularity powers, and this is the first of some changes for the others to get them more comparable.

It's not the singularity powers that make Romulans so incredibly powerful. Battlecloaks on every ship and ridiculous BOff traits (Superior Operative/Infiltrator) are the reason.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yeah but the jemmy dread gets nothing :(
    Jemmy Dread is not a cruiser, it is a carrier. No Carriers get them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jivedutch wrote: »

Warbirds get singularity powers at a cost of 40 total subsystem power.

That's the trade off that was already made.

At endgame with Fleet Warp Cores, a Warbird can add 12.5 x 2 (+25 total) systems but only if they have full sing charge.

A M/AM Ship can add a total of +5 x 2 (+10) systems, and also increase 2 caps to 130.

So the final tally is

M/AM Core = 200 + 10 = 210
    Sing Core = 160 + 25* = 185* (*variable)

So there is still a (variable) gap of 25 points, which is better than 40, but you only get that variable amount if you are constantly in combat and never use your sing powers.

If you decloak often and "dump" your sing charge, the gap can be as wide as a full 50 points of total subsystem power.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    With Efficiency, Potential, Leech, WCE (EPtX+Power), AtB, and Caps...well...
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    With Efficiency, Potential, Leech, WCE (EPtX+Power), AtB, and Caps...well...

I have found that 6 points in efficiency pretty much clears up the power issues on the warbirds. You hover right around 125/60/45/45 which isnt all that far off from a fed ship really. 3-5 points maybe?

I know some really heavily geared fed ships can go higher (mine goes 125/82/58/58 baseline all the way up to 125/130/125/130 when i pop all my buffs and a lobi battery) but I havent seen what that level of gearing does to a rom ship yet.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2013
    Also don't forget efficiency works better at 15 power than 25, think it's only +1/2 extra but that's 2 systems and with having a 3rd power level below 50 you get a nice bonus from that too. Really the gap in power isn't so huge.

I believe Bort put an explanation about how much difference 10 power makes. Biggest difference is energy weapons. The rest, I'm not too proud to say, he was mostly laughed at and told they're not really relevant. Sure aux for aux based heals but then you have so many escape, temporary heals and consoles that can do that job for only Roms and it's a bit of a poor joke saying you need high aux to heal as a Rom.

Still think Galaxy-X should get maneuvering and weapon drain resistance thingy instead. Spinal lance makes up for the others.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Hahahahaha
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool: