test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next give away item speculation

With season 11 a few days away another give away has graced us with its presence
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9612213

With day 1 extra inventory space revealed, now is the time what YOU think will be the gift on days 2-5

Let's speculate folks.​​
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Comments

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I think one of them has to be a few ship slots. With admiralty coming, it makes sense they give people a few slots.

But was very happy to see the inventory slots were not "once per account"
    Really needed the space on several toons !
    And that hoverboard ! So cool, great nod to B2TF2.

Was very nice of them ! And I appreciate them greatly !
    ^_^
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,333 Arc User
    I view pets as options and (hopefully) some DS9 related items (Bajoran rifles and pistols) considering that DS9 and the badlands are going to be featured big time.

Other options are some lower tier science ships and/or cruisers due to the exploration angle.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    They might give out the current C-store Mirror costume even though it is outmoded by the new Mirror "look".
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I'd guess the mirror uniforms or the DS9 uniform might be included? Both relevant here with the focus on the Cardassian revamp.

Usual giveaway tactic seems to be uniforms and smaller pet/services, small c-store items really.
    Maybe a ship for the last day but not really sure what kinda would be appropriate?
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,989 Arc User
    I'm going to have to say an extra outfit, please be the academy costume or merc costume
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      Well, the last give-away started big (2 spec tokens, claimable for each character), the latter were weaker. BOFF slots for one character and the Delta Flyer or something like that I already owned.

Maybe two bonus skill point box for one character? (talk about drop in the bucket). ;)

Maybe a costume? I think I have all costumes other than Flight Suit (not interested) and the Romulan Tal'Shiar one (might be nice).

Something unexpected: How about a Veteran Bridge Officer? But that might be taken by some as broken promises. (The veteran BOs were rewards for the F2P testing phase, IIRC.)
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • Options
      f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
      Ya know a costume would be nice. I don't have any of the mirror universe sets yet.​​
      My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
    • Options
      kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
      I'm hoping for a skill point respec. (One for each character.) If I had to venture a guess, the last day's giveaway will be a Klingon and fed T3/4 ship. (That way, Romulans can get something that day too, without having to give away any of their ships.)
      FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
      Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
    • Options
      johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
      I'm guessing there will be some ship slots and bank slots to accommodate how the new dry dock feature will be working what with everything being taken off dry docked ships.
      7aamriW.png
    • Options
      mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
      I Borg cube.
      Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      Well, the last give-away started big (2 spec tokens, claimable for each character), the latter were weaker. BOFF slots for one character and the Delta Flyer or something like that I already owned.

Maybe two bonus skill point box for one character? (talk about drop in the bucket). ;)

Maybe a costume? I think I have all costumes other than Flight Suit (not interested) and the Romulan Tal'Shiar one (might be nice).

Something unexpected: How about a Veteran Bridge Officer? But that might be taken by some as broken promises. (The veteran BOs were rewards for the F2P testing phase, IIRC.)
      I could see a veteran Boff as a one-per account thing, and account bound of course.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      mayito2009 wrote: »
      I Borg cube.

As a non combat pet off course.​​
    • Options
      mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
      questerius wrote: »
      I Borg cube.

As a non combat pet off course.​​

Yes that would be nice to have your little cube or sphere. Nice.
      Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
    • Options
      bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      I think one of them has to be a few ship slots. With admiralty coming, it makes sense they give people a few slots.

But was very happy to see the inventory slots were not "once per account"
      Really needed the space on several toons !
      And that hoverboard ! So cool, great nod to B2TF2.

Was very nice of them ! And I appreciate them greatly !
      ^_^
      I'm guessing there will be some ship slots and bank slots to accommodate how the new dry dock feature will be working what with everything being taken off dry docked ships.

I cannot see them giving ship slots as they will be giving us drydock slots shortly anyway so this will alleviate the need for extra ship slots to a great extent.

also i cant see why bank slots would be an issue, presumably the only reason you put a ship in drydock I would think would be to make room for another ship, surely that ship would likely take weapons consoles ect from either the ship you put in dry dock or stuff in your bank freeing up spaces anyway.
      I think its highly unlikely that you would just bank this gear only to have to get new gear from other places like the exchange and such to kit out the ship you have made room for.

I think from here on the giveaways will be uniform & ships, having said that anything they give will be gratefully excepted.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
      delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
      I'm going to have to say an extra outfit, please be the academy costume or merc costume

Hopefully it'll be of the non-bugged persuasion if so. As it is, I'm already completely locked out of 2 of my current outfits on account of them being totally bugged, and have been for ages.
    • Options
      lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,827 Arc User
      I'm horrible at speculation...but some extra doff capacity give away would be nice.
    • Options
      I Borg cube.

As a non combat pet off course.

Yes that would be nice to have your little cube or sphere. Nice.

@mayito2009
      Little? Nah, it has to be at least double the regular size.​​
    • Options
      One thing to keep in mind for serious consideration.... giveaways are usually not new things.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • Options
      neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
      lianthelia wrote: »
      I'm horrible at speculation...but some extra doff capacity give away would be nice.

this would be awesome, but unlikely.​​
    • Options
      anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
      Pilot-ship 9-pack
      Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
      Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
      Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    • Options
      annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
      Non combat Founder pet LOL
      Maybe the dominion boff box?
      If they are granting wishes.. A special token to allow the purchase of bug hangars
      We Want Vic Fontaine
    • Options
      gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
      According to the main thread, the Germans just got the news first, and it's 1 Gamma DOFF pack, character-bound.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
      Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    • Options
      One thing to keep in mind for serious consideration.... giveaways are usually not new things.

True.

Also often cheap or low selling items. In the latter category i'm sure they'll give away the scimitar.
      As hideous as that ship is, i cannot imagine anyone who would want to purchase it.​​
    • Options
      f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
      gulberat wrote: »
      According to the main thread, the Germans just got the news first, and it's 1 Gamma DOFF pack, character-bound.

That's cool. So just one pack right? I can live with that. they have some good doffs in that pack.​​
      My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
    • Options
      f9thretxc wrote: »

That's cool. So just one pack right? I can live with that. they have some good doffs in that pack.

Wasn't zemok found in that pack?​​
    • Options
      gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
      f9thretxc wrote: »

That's cool. So just one pack right? I can live with that. they have some good doffs in that pack.

Wasn't zemok found in that pack?​​

I believe so, yes.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
      Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    • Options
      daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User

Considering that one can no longer buy one in the C-store, that's a pretty good item.
      B)
      STO Member since February 2009.
      I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
      Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
      upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    • Options
      http://sto.gamepedia.com/Zemok_Jenro

Sort of, but not often.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • Options
      vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
      I'm hoping for a skill point respec. (One for each character.) If I had to venture a guess, the last day's giveaway will be a Klingon and fed T3/4 ship. (That way, Romulans can get something that day too, without having to give away any of their ships.)

There was one giveaway that they did a ship from each faction one time, which for the Romulans was the C-store version of the Dhelan at tier 2.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    • Options
      vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
      anazonda wrote: »
      Pilot-ship 9-pack

They do not giveaway big things like that. It's usually C-store items that don't sell well enough or are no longer easier to get (like the Tier 5 Ambassador from the 3rd anniversary).

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    This discussion has been closed.