test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Dawn Giveaways!

Comments

• Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    If I'm reading all of this material correctly, then the mirror universe in this game is an alternate, alternate mirror because that Leeta died. Unless she had only appeared to have died, a commonly used trope in Action/Sci-fi/Fantasy stories.

I'm sure we will know soon enough. :)

Nope, she didn't die.
  • Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    To all those who think that girl in the picture is mirror leeta you are only drawing conclutions. There is actually nothing in fact saying this.

Think logically, the actress who played leeta, chase masterson was 36 when the series ds9 ended. STOverse is set 30 some odd years after star trek when we left it. That would make both leeta and mirror leeta approx 66 years old.

The girl in the picture looks to be in her 20's.
    So please.

Two things:
    First, look at her nose. She's obviously Bajoran.
    Second, it's already been confirmed that Mirror Leeta is gonna be in the game. As to her age, people in the 24th/25th century live longer than people now, and perhaps there will be another explanation in-game.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    To all those who think that girl in the picture is mirror leeta you are only drawing conclutions. There is actually nothing in fact saying this.

Think logically, the actress who played leeta, chase masterson was 36 when the series ds9 ended. STOverse is set 30 some odd years after star trek when we left it. That would make both leeta and mirror leeta approx 66 years old.

So please.

Two things:
    Second, it's already been confirmed that Mirror Leeta is gonna be in the game. As to her age, people in the 24th/25th century live longer than people now, and perhaps there will be another explanation in-game.

Introducing (Mirror) Holo-Leeta Mk II, a brand new version of (Mirror) Quark Industries' popular (Mirror) Holo-Leeta Dabo Girl Hologram. She features advanced tactical analysis subroutines, derived from the behavioral and vector anaylsis programming used by the original to weight the odds in the House's favor. These enable her to predict tactics, evade attack trajectories, and more... all in service to the client*. Capable of commanding Fleets and gathering intelligence, (Mirror) Holo-Leeta is your one-size-shaped-perfectly** solution to all your personnel needs!

*Exclusively licensed by the Terran Empire. Duplication and/or unautorized use is prohibited on pain of death. Emphasis on pain.
    ** Customization options include adjustable proportions and age, with special alternate-species variants available for a nominal fee. Get your limited edition Human version (with unique "Chase Masterson" designation) today!
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    elywaerelywaer Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Well, with this crummy connection I was able to claim Iconian Marks for my four main alts. Yay! Almost enough for the ship stuff they need. My back-up alts and emergency tertiary back-up alts are just out of luck.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Introducing (Mirror) Holo-Leeta Mk II, a brand new version of (Mirror) Quark Industries' popular (Mirror) Holo-Leeta Dabo Girl Hologram. She features advanced tactical analysis subroutines, derived from the behavioral and vector anaylsis programming used by the original to weight the odds in the House's favor. These enable her to predict tactics, evade attack trajectories, and more... all in service to the client*. Capable of commanding Fleets and gathering intelligence, (Mirror) Holo-Leeta is your one-size-shaped-perfectly** solution to all your personnel needs!

*Exclusively licensed by the Terran Empire. Duplication and/or unautorized use is prohibited on pain of death. Emphasis on pain.
    ** Customization options include adjustable proportions and age, with special alternate-species variants available for a nominal fee. Get your limited edition Human version (with unique "Chase Masterson" designation) today!

Best idea for the final day's giveaway!***

***Real Life (TM), not merely in-game. Isolinear chip containing the program will be beamed directly to your home in order to avoid excessive bandwidth usage. Transporter charges extra. Please allow 1-4 centuries for delivery. Offer not valid on Class M planets.****

****In the Prime Universe.*****

*****Ok, maybe it's NOT the best idea for the final day's giveaway.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    I don't want to haggis on any haggis that has long been haggised, but:

100 marks - yeah, I can haggis them easily, a queue plus the bonus haggis means this plus a bit. But on 12 alts that would haggis 12 queues, which in turn take haggis minutes each. So in the end it's time granted.

Of haggis, depending on what haggis you're aiming for in game, you'll always have players who haggis more than they need. Others, on the other haggis, can still use this stuff, and even in the main way, not only as a dil grind. So haggis you, cryptic.

(disclaimer: I've never eaten the (alleged?) Scottish national dish, but I am sure I would love it)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    no0nexxno0nexx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    thanks for the marks, but I need terran marks. lol
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    daveyny wrote: »
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Actually, I'm fairly sure there is, I'm checking STO gamepedia now...

ETA- http://sto.gamepedia.com/Haggis - there is.
    I don't like Lamb, that's my main prob with haggis.
    How is that possible? O_O'

I don't like liver either. 8-P

Probably one of the few Irishmen who don't like Lamb.
    It always tastes bitter to me.
    (I have really weird taste buds, don't like coffee either)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Ok you don't complain about free stuff but 100 marks is something you can get in game within 15 mins on certain STF's and also there not a C store item, What happened to getting free stuff from the zen store. How about giving away master key's fleet modules bank slots or as you have done in the past ships with the new dawn rep I can think people would appreciate a ship or two. But marks are a bit insulting and the only one I can say has been any value has been the inventory slots. I really miss the old cstore givaways
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    robeasom wrote: »
    Ok you don't complain about free stuff but...
    Correct. Then just don´t complain.

...but 100 marks is something you can get in game within 15 mins on certain STF's...
    You just got 100 marks in 15 seconds. And you´ll get those marks on every char. It´s just a click. Good deal, don´t you think?

...and also there not a C store item, What happened to getting free stuff from the zen store...
    Omg, it´s not a free c-store item. It´s just a... gift? Yes?

..How about giving away master key's fleet modules bank slots or as you have done in the past ships with the new dawn rep I can think people would appreciate a ship or two...
    Yep. Only a few more weeks until Christmas. You can deliver your wishlist to this guy:

mbZfXhi.jpg

...But marks are a bit insulting...
    So, marks which you got without doing any stfs are insulting? Right. Carry on.

Geez, people (even if their parents might or might NOT have told them to not complain about a gift) complain about everything.
    The giveaways are a FREAKING GIFT. Take it or don´t.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    THATS IT CRYPTIC!!!! we the players are now in full protest *harumph harumph harumph*
    and we DEMAND our official STO Trendy Tribble complete with raptor and leek twirling costumes.

We wont stand for this treatment anymore and refuse to pay another farthing until we get our official STO Trendy Tribble with raptor and leek twirling constumes.

Until then we will protest by saying harumph now ahem HARUMPH HARUMPH HARUMPH!!! :D
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User

Honestly, for a one-character unlock... yeah, I'd be pretty insulted. It's only one or two STFs, and a drop in the bucket in every sense.

(Thankfully, I realized it's an account-wide unlock, which equates to around 900 marks for me. Others' mileage may vary, though.)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »

Honestly, for a one-character unlock... yeah, I'd be pretty insulted. It's only one or two STFs, and a drop in the bucket in every sense.

(Thankfully, I realized it's an account-wide unlock, which equates to around 900 marks for me. Others' mileage may vary, though.)

I wont look a gift horse in the mouth but your math makes it sound like one toon get a total of 900 marks from the giveaway though its 100 per character.

New players could be mislead by the math and lack of a laymas term anyways marks are marks are marks always appreciated :)
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    Insulted? You're getting free stuff. That is not an insult.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited October 2015

So please.

Two things:

Plus, if you fill the terran reputation on the tribble server, you get an explanation to why she won't age again. Hint: it involves something Dukat did near the end of DS9.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,333 Arc User

So please.

Two things:

Plus, if you fill the terran reputation on the tribble server, you get an explanation to why she won't age again. Hint: it involves something Dukat did near the end of DS9.

Makes me wonder if the Ghostbuster gun is extra effective against her.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Synchronic_Proton_Distortion_Prototype_Rifle​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    messahla wrote: »

I wont look a gift horse in the mouth but your math makes it sound like one toon get a total of 900 marks from the giveaway though its 100 per character.

New players could be mislead by the math and lack of a laymas term anyways marks are marks are marks always appreciated :)

Eh, yeah, I guess I didn't explain that well. On the other hand, seeing as at least some of those marks will likely end up being converted to dilithium, they might as well be 'one character gets all'. :tongue:

Free stuff that takes a handful of minutes to obtain. Free stuff that takes an hour or two? That's a bit better. :tongue:

In any case, there's still a few days left - we could see some improvement. (Or, heavens forbid, some deterioration. :fearful:)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User

Yeah right, insulting would be if they took 100 marks off you not giving them to you for nothing

8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    The free stuff they give away is useless garbage. its amazing how many people drink this koolaid and come here like starving children and thank their chinese overlords for the handouts...

true lol moment.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    natejam101 wrote: »
    The free stuff they give away is useless garbage. its amazing how many people drink this koolaid and come here like starving children and thank their chinese overlords for the handouts...

true lol moment.

You're only missing praise for U.S. corporations to have the perfectly awful post!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    natejam101 wrote: »

true lol moment.

You're only missing praise for U.S. corporations to have the perfectly awful post!

Don't forget the mandatory "Ban the Bomb"​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Ok you don't complain about free stuff but...
    Correct. Then just don´t complain.

...but 100 marks is something you can get in game within 15 mins on certain STF's...
    You just got 100 marks in 15 seconds. And you´ll get those marks on every char. It´s just a click. Good deal, don´t you think?

...and also there not a C store item, What happened to getting free stuff from the zen store...
    Omg, it´s not a free c-store item. It´s just a... gift? Yes?

..How about giving away master key's fleet modules bank slots or as you have done in the past ships with the new dawn rep I can think people would appreciate a ship or two...
    Yep. Only a few more weeks until Christmas. You can deliver your wishlist to this guy:

mbZfXhi.jpg

Geez, people (even if their parents might or might NOT have told them to not complain about a gift) complain about everything.
    The giveaways are a FREAKING GIFT. Take it or don´t.

I can see where the OP is coming from, I know these are free gifts but typically with these giveaways they start small and get bigger each day, this has been the first time I have ever seen that the gifts get smaller every day, don't forget not every player has loads of toons.
    like I said in another thread -

for myself with 6 characters.

#1: Inventory Slot (per character) - total value 2400zen
    #2: Gamma Doff Pack (per account) - total value 275zen
    #3: Marks Pack (per character) - total value 6k dilithium (about 240zen at current exchange rate)

for player with 1 character.

#1: Inventory Slot - total value 400zen
    #2: Gamma Doff Pack - total value 275zen
    #3: Marks Pack - total value 1k dilithium (about 40zen at current exchange rate)

and as a great many of the player base is FTP there is probably more players with less then 6 characters then there is with more.
    though I am still very greatfull or anything we get I think this is a bit stingy on the part of cryptic, its almost like they want to do a giveaway without actually giving very much away.
    the way things are heading I would not be surprised to see that the slots on day 1 are the highest valued item of all unlike the ships they normally end with.

if it had been a 1000 marks instead of 100 it would have made a lot more sense and more accurate to describe it as a 'Large Marks Boost’.
    Post edited by bobbydazlers on

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I made good off my marks. My Fed is now closer to finishing up the Omega Rep. My KDF is heading there next, so I got Omega on him as well. To give him a head start. As for my other characters. I put I got the Iconian. Since that is some less runs to make on that crappy Rep.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    messahla wrote: »

For me it was more like 1600. And yeah, earning marks on a Foundry character is a bit challenging.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Yeah, with the 'Year of Hell' Lockbox they removed the 'small' boosts for larger or extra larger ones. If you look what was given and what is listed for the upcoming Herald Lockbox there are 100 and 150 Fleet Mark Bonus pool items. Well, if these are not considered 'small' by Cryptic then a direct grant of 100 Marks wouldn't either.

Just think about it, when you spend 14 days doing Mirror or Crystalline, while you do get 250 Reputation Marks (and conceded a bunch of other stuff) you had to spend 14 Days with each character to get that. This is 100 free for all characters with no work.

Now what would have been nice is the Gamma Quadrant Doff Pack for each character on the account. It does seem they did give out two packs however to the Claimant.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    And once more German site is hours to the future:
    https://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9613533-eine-woche-voller-geschenke

It looks like Sunday Giveaway is:
    1 Specialisation point - and it's only 1 per account... unless i did bad translation

Nothing special, but still nice - thanks Cryptic
    (but i hope we will get something really more special in the coming days)...

And by the way, that female from New Dawn screen is holding double daggers, or something like that - will we get some new melee weapons in the future?
    For now the choice is somewhat small - a bat'leth, sword or lirpa. I really wopuld like more different melee weapons in game
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    saber1973a wrote: »
    And once more German site is hours to the future:
    https://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9613533-eine-woche-voller-geschenke

It looks like Sunday Giveaway is:
    1 Specialisation point - and it's only 1 per account... unless i did bad translation

Nothing special, but still nice - thanks Cryptic
    (but i hope we will get something really more special in the coming days)...

And by the way, that female from New Dawn screen is holding double daggers, or something like that - will we get some new melee weapons in the future?
    For now the choice is somewhat small - a bat'leth, sword or lirpa. I really wopuld like more different melee weapons in game

Oooo... I'll take a FREE Specialization Point gladly!!

THANKS FOR THE GUMBALL CRYPTIC!!!

<3<3<3<3<3
    https://youtu.be/l2Aoc83RbPw
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    HINWEIS: Diese Option kann nur einmal eingefordert werden, also wählt sie mit dem richtigen Charakter aus!

Yeah, it is 1 per account.​​
  • Options
    phrgphrg Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    HINWEIS: Diese Option kann nur einmal eingefordert werden, also wählt sie mit dem richtigen Charakter aus!

Yeah, it is 1 per account.​​

Google translate gives me: "NOTE: This option can be claimed only once, so she selects the right character from!"

Suddenly 100 marks per character doesn't seem so bad. :|

Repeating: Well it's free so...
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    BTW: Thank You also for giving us FREE stuff on the two weekend days, this is a first for this type of promotion.
    All the other times have only been during weekdays.
    Thanks to who ever is coming in on their days off to set this up for us. ( <3 Trendy ?)
    B)