test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Paging Tacofangs for Groundscale ships - NX Class?

hey Taco, i noticed that NX class is missing in the line of groundscale ships. is it not part of the line or missed one? i was hoping to use that one as part of my foundry missions i'm making with.
Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,102 Arc User
    Mirror Odyssey too!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    The Ships that we have Now, are models that they had already made to appear in New ESD, and Old ESD. Along with Qo'Nos Shipyard and New Romulus.
    So it's mostly newer C-Store Ships that got added in the Last Year.

I would love the NX Class... but I'd like it to get a Model Touch up first. :smile:

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,878 Arc User
    There's one big omission from both in-game assets and iconic ST scenes.

B'rel bird of prey.

Come on, this is the first thing I looked for when I saw we had groundscale starships!
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Kamarag as well. It appears at the shipyard, I think the Bortas does as well.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    hey Taco, i noticed that NX class is missing in the line of groundscale ships. is it not part of the line or missed one? i was hoping to use that one as part of my foundry missions i'm making with.

The ships that have been converted to Groundscale, have gone through the process because they needed to be used in such a way (Mostly for the Docking Bay at ESD). So far, there has not been a need for the NX, so no, it hasn't been converted.

primar13 wrote: »
    I would love the NX Class... but I'd like it to get a Model Touch up first. :smile:

We can always update the groundscale model when a new version gets made by the ship team. I actually JUST did this last week with a bunch of old ships (Akira, Galaxy, etc.)
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    There should already be a version of the B'rel? It just needs to be added.

It was from the KDF Mission where we escape from RuraPenthe. It appears in a Cutscene.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also... isn't there one fed-side for one of the Klingon war missions? Although that one might be coded as part of the map geometry.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    I has question! I HAZ QUESTION!!!!!!!

The Mirror Odyssey on Nukara Prime. Will it's hull markings be changed from yellow to red?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,989 Arc User
    Tacofangs, will all playable mirror ships get retconned with the red colour scheme instead of the yellow we have at the moment or will it be an extra mirror skin choice?
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
      tacofangs wrote: »

The ships that have been converted to Groundscale, have gone through the process because they needed to be used in such a way (Mostly for the Docking Bay at ESD). So far, there has not been a need for the NX, so no, it hasn't been converted.

We can always update the groundscale model when a new version gets made by the ship team. I actually JUST did this last week with a bunch of old ships (Akira, Galaxy, etc.)

oh thanks for the update. is here any chance you could put in a date when the ship list is gonna be updated for the Foundry?
    • Options

oh thanks for the update. is here any chance you could put in a date when the ship list is gonna be updated for the Foundry?

I've got a new load of Foundry Assets that I've started assembling, but I don't know when that will be done.
    • Options

I've got a new load of Foundry Assets that I've started assembling, but I don't know when that will be done.

g1377688692353943125.jpg
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      lorne12lorne12 Member Posts: 90 Arc User

Also Romulan wall consoles? o:)
      You read an lorne12™ post

bZVIEMl.jpg
    • Options

oh Tacofangs, i forgot to follow up on this question in last post. the question is, is here a particular map that's big enough to fit in a ship and two shuttles? i can't decide on a map to do a follow-up to a foundry visiting map for old times.
    • Options

@tacofangs Would any be the Obex?​​
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
      artan42 wrote: »

The Obex is not in my load. But I thought that thread was about the Obex as an NPC ship/costume, no? Unless it's a Groundscale asset, it's not in my wheelhouse.
    • Options

The Obex is not in my load. But I thought that thread was about the Obex as an NPC ship/costume, no? Unless it's a Groundscale asset, it's not in my wheelhouse.
      Yeah, it is about it as a costume.... but it'd be nice to get it as a ground decoration too. :p
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • Options

@tacofangs Would any be the Obex?

Could it be? :p That's only a half serious question, It is really quite big, but is it bigger than the Eclipse or Oddy?​​

#TASforSTO

• Options

Could it be? :p That's only a half serious question, It is really quite big, but is it bigger than the Eclipse or Oddy?​​

It's smaller than a scim. Remember one of those played tug-boat to Seela's warbird. The obex actually wasn't all that big (maybe sovereign class size).

That said, as a ground scale asset I'd be looking into how many absolutely terrifying interiors I could make by using it as wall, floor, and/or ceiling. :p
      Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
      Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    • Options
      any news on foundry ships update @tacofangs
    • Options
      No, I haven't had time to put the batch together yet, sorry. . . :(
    • Options
      it's okay @tacofangs no worries. i know these things take time and you're very busy person. let us know when you get around to it :smiley:
    • Options
      any update, @Tacofangs ?
    • Options
      lordpraesiuslordpraesius Member Posts: 19 Arc User
      It's weird that the B'rel would be excluded since it's all over the place in early KDF missions, and even a FED mission where you have to use a holoimager to pass as Klingon.

Heck, there's even that one remastered mission where a B'rel crashed and you have to traipse through the jungle looking for survivors that has a great crash site ground model.

So yeah... Weird that a ship that has been used in a ton of missions as a ground model (though on the FED kuva'maugh mission the scale is terrible. I think my short Vulcan was taller than the bridge) has been omitted.

/rant
    • Options
      Cryptic and PWE Offices are closed for the holidays. They won't be back until after the new year.
    • Options
      edited December 2015
      Heck, there's even that one remastered mission where a B'rel crashed and you have to traipse through the jungle looking for survivors that has a great crash site ground model.

Is that a model or part of the map? If a model then "yay, can we have that too?" but if it's map geometry then "well, in flight and landed b'rel would be awesome enough for a foundry set update."
    • Options
      It'd be cool even as a static prop. :D
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • Options
      The B'rel is just an oversight because it's in some weird corner of the library, not with the rest of the groundscale ships I've made. I'll try to add it next time.

There is no update, since we've all been out for the past two weeks. I'm back today, and have no idea of my schedule yet.

Is that a model or part of the map? If a model then "yay, can we have that too?" but if it's map geometry then "well, in flight and landed b'rel would be awesome enough for a foundry set update."

There is no difference between the two. Every map is made out of objects. The only difference are exterior terrain maps. Terrain is a thing that only exists in the engine, and can't be saved out as a placeable object.
    • Options
      @tacofangs any news on ship list?
    • Options
      I'm prepping some stuff, but it's all off-time work, which means it's slow going.