test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2nd Friday Screenshot Available - 10/4/2013

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited October 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We've added another new screenshot to the screenshot gallery! Players will learn about the upcoming Avenger Class Battle Cruiser in Dev Blogs next week.

Link to the gallery.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Looks like a Vesta on steroids! Knew it was coming though, thanks to tribble ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Whoa.

You have my attention.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    WOW!!

That looks sweet! :D
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    Can't wait for you to see her other side next week :) So epic. Also, that shot is using the Type 6 material. Just wait till you see its special material, "Avenger"!

P.S. I believe the current Avenger class ships is being renamed to "Sentinel".

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Looks like a Vesta on steroids! Knew it was coming though, thanks to tribble ;)

Or the lovechild of the Regent and the Vengeance.

...I may have to buy this.

...But only after the Negh'var Refit.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That is a very nice ship design. Based on the changes over at Tribble, I suspect this ship will also come with a cloaking device?
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not exactly optimistic given how boxy the secondary hull looks on the front end. One can hope Jam et al didn't use an upscale of the flying dustbuster that is the Chimera as a starting point.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Please... go on.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You have my attention, Cryptic...
    Please, go on...

I'd love to have a true Cruiser with good offensive capability. Please give us a Commander Engineering and Lt. Commander Tactical on the bridge, or a hanger slot.
  • Options
    nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can my Fed-Rom fly this ship?
    LEmWhkGA.gif
  • Options
    captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    May I assume we shall see this ship available for testing before the end of the weekend? I'd really like to check it out.
  • Options
    djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    If this is an engineering-focused cruiser with a hangar bay, I think I might be changing ships.
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    HOLY TRIBBLE HOLY TRIBBLE HOLY TRIBBLE HOLY TRIBBLE IT'S ******* AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    OMG I need it!

My pocket money is about to take a severe blow.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    enoemg wrote: »
    You have my attention, Cryptic...
    Please, go on...

I'd love to have a true Cruiser with good offensive capability. Please give us a Commander Engineering and Lt. Commander Tactical on the bridge, or a hanger slot.
    Don't both the Fleet Excelsior and Sovereign have Cmdr Engineering and Lt. Cmdr Tactical BOFF slots? :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    nyasaya wrote: »
    Can my Fed-Rom fly this ship?
    Romulans can't fly T5 allied ships.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A beautiful ship, I like it
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That looks awesome from that angle! Please can I ask a small, rather greedy, favour? Please could you give us the option of having the pylons swoop back. And a round saucer or at the very least an non-spade shaped oblong?

But yeah, looks awesome. Love the bulkier, less fragile looking, nacelles. Paint job looks neat. Looks like it has a rather prominent hanger, so I'm wondering if this'll be able to use hanger pets.

Consider me a fan of what we've seen so far. :)
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    gregbgregb Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    STO's version of the Vengeance?...i think so!

"Shall we begin"
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    oh god more arrays on nacelles :rolleyes: this is wrong. you need to stop doing this.

looks very regent like, ive never carried for that things look at all. the monbosh is already the best battlecruiser, this will proboly have trouble competing with it unless its over the top. hope this isnt another shot in the foot like the last warbird. at least its an actual faction ship, and not another alien ship.

this thing can cloak too btw
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No Cryptic!

This isn't fair!!

WHY MUST WE WAIT UNTILL NEXT WEEK!??!

NOW DAMMIT, NOW!
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Looks very nice indeed, really like the nacelles

Hang on a moment, looks to the left of it, then to the right, above it and under it.....hmmm so any KDF ship coming out apart from the half built one next year?
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Problem: Don't we already HAVE an Avenger class? Isn't it one of the alt versions of the Star Cruiser?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    oh god more arrays on nacelles :rolleyes: this is wrong. you need to stop doing this.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060705233805/memoryalpha/en/images/3/3a/USS_Venture_and_Excelsiors.jpg
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Problem: Don't we already HAVE an Avenger class? Isn't it one of the alt versions of the Star Cruiser?
    As was stated in the text above, the current Avenger is being renamed to the Sentinel.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

We do indeed.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I bet it has a hangar...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    specter222specter222 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So let me get this straight...the first KDF C Store ship in over 2 years gets delayed until sometime next year, but you still find time to give the feds yet another ship? you guys are truly pathetic.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, I find it rather funny how creating new Voth ships puts a strain on the Klingon Fleetyards, but obviously doesn't touch the prescious resources of Starfleet Shipyards. :rolleyes:

Also, Cryptic please for the love of Trek, get a grip on your Starfleet designs. Why does every Fed. ship you guys made have to be so spiky and angular? :confused: Honestly, the only sleek Starfleet ship you made is the Star Cruiser.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Typhoon Class yet?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!