test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If we can kill in less than 5secs, will that be nerfed as well?

124»

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    From a distance in Total War, there seem to be well organized units fighting. Zoom in, you can hear their sputtered cries of anguish as they die...

But that only applies for when the damn game is actually WORKING!!

*huff huff*

...Sorry, more than a 'little' flustered with Rome II.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Have always figured that Cryptic's marketing views that along the lines of those places that offer a small free coffee to get somebody in the shop...more money will be earned than lost in the long run for them.

Yep!

How many lifetimers actually get the full value before getting fed up and leaving?
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Somebody has to buy the Zen...for you to trade Dil for it.

This.

So very much this.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    naz4 wrote: »
    PvP in essence is about warmongery though.

Which is why I'm not really a PvP person. And while that may be what the essence of this post is about it effects places like Ker'rat and N'Vak where (despite a lot of peoples disbelief) is where PvE and PvP combine, people go there to get decent drops from the Borg and get one shotted in the process, sometimes from the Borg, but that's for another post, but a lot of players go after them, they can remain focused on the Borg in a tanky ship or switch to target the player in an effort to say "shoo fly, don't bother me", however when the one shotting is going on they don't get a chance to do either of those options.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Which is why I'm not really a PvP person. And while that may be what the essence of this post is about it effects places like Ker'rat and N'Vak where (despite a lot of peoples disbelief) is where PvE and PvP combine, people go there to get decent drops from the Borg and get one shotted in the process, sometimes from the Borg, but that's for another post, but a lot of players go after them, they can remain focused on the Borg in a tanky ship or switch to target the player in an effort to say "shoo fly, don't bother me", however when the one shotting is going on they don't get a chance to do either of those options.

If the environment can 1 shot you, why not a player?

What about from Gorn advance and other encounters for consoles if your worried about players killing you?
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    naz4 wrote: »
    If the environment can 1 shot you, why not a player?

What about from Gorn advance and other encounters for consoles if your worried about players killing you?

I don't think the environment should be able to one shot you either to be honest.

Which encounters get you mark 12 items? STFs and Ker'rat/N'Vak, I can't think of any others off the top of my head. Also I'm not worried about players killing me, I just don't like the lack of chance to defend myself against attacks. If everyone built a one shot wonder wouldn't the game be rather boring? It'd just become a case of whoever shoots first wins.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan