test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"BUY ZEN" Button...

daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
Will this particular feature IN-GAME ever be turned on again?
I hate having to open ARC each time I want to get something.
It's annoying as heck!
(and on several occasions it has deterred me from even trying)
STO Member since February 2009.
I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Comments

• Options
    cptmbateman79cptmbateman79 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Mine is still active in the game so I have no clue why it is effecting you, unless it is a bug
  • Options
    Every time I try, it comes up "Page Can't Be Displayed".
    I'm not sure what the cause is, I just know it's annoying.
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    B)

Are you using Firefox?

If so, try another browser. I have that issue with Firefox on the Subscription management page. No matter what I do, it won't work for me with firefox. I opened it in Chrome and it worked like a charm.

Try a different browser.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    Zen cannot be bought--it must me found within oneself.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Using IE-9.
    Never use to have any trouble before, beats the He-llo outta me as to why it stopped working.
    <shrug>
    Post edited by daveyny on
  • Options
    edited June 2015

I've got something here you can find within yerself...
    But it'll cost ya a decent meal and a night on the town.

Cause I may be easy, but I'm not cheap.
    B)
  • Options

I've got something here you can find within yerself...
    But it'll cost ya a decent meal and a night on the town.

Cause I may be easy, but I'm not cheap.
    B)
    Letting go of carnal desires is the first step towards enlightenment.

Actually, it's the third, but in your case I believe we should start here. :p

• Options
    ROTFLMAO...
    I got the carnal beat into me by two lovely ladies back in my younger years...
    You would have had to start a lot soon then now.
    >:)
  • Options
    It is never to late to attain enlightenment. It is, it was, and it yet shall be. Indeed, some say that years improve success. What had been beaten into you can be yet removed with calmness and gentility. :p
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    B)

It's a pity that no one seemed to go check to make sure it's working before blaming browsers and making jokes.

Currently I get "This page can’t be displayed" at http://billing.arcgames.com/en/ and their support page (nice btw, can't report the problem to them. And this children is why your trouble ticket system should be as independent from your other productions systems as possible). This using either I.E. 11 or Pale Moon.
  • Options
    B)

It's a pity that no one seemed to go check to make sure it's working before blaming browsers and making jokes.

Currently I get "This page can’t be displayed" at http://billing.arcgames.com/en/ and their support page (nice btw, can't report the problem to them. And this children is why your trouble ticket system should be as independent from your other productions systems as possible). This using either I.E. 11 or Pale Moon.

The site works fine for me.

This is a common problem with their sites and those of us that know that offer suggestions. When we get to this page, we know the site isn't actually down.
  • Options
    The site works fine for me.

This is a common problem with their sites and those of us that know that offer suggestions. When we get to this page, we know the site isn't actually down.

The only suggestion I see is making jokes (not effective) and using I.E. (also not effective). So from the PoV of many, the site *IS DOWN*. Suggestions to switch to Chrome (haven't and won't try that given how well the suggestion to use I.E. worked) for this one system is also less than helpful.

The Bug forum has a thread on this for the last few weeks. It's clear that either crypic doesn't care, or wants to force people to use Arc or a specific browser of their taste. Whatever the case, it's clear that they have little interest in their customers.
  • Options
    Suggestions to switch to Chrome (haven't and won't try that given how well the suggestion to use I.E. worked) for this one system is also less than helpful.

Not helpful to you because you're too pigheaded to simply launch another browser. At least we tried to help, all you did is come in here, criticize other posters and be overall the least helpful person in this thread.

Your suggestion to post a bug report on the forums is all well and good, but it doesn't help the OP right now. Some of us have encountered this problem before and using another browser helped us get past it. Just because you personally don't like the advice, that doesn't make it non-helpful. In fact, the most counter productive thing in this thread is the argument YOU started.
  • Options
    In fact, the most counter productive thing in this thread is the argument YOU started.

I don't know which is the larger joke, a company that can't decide which browser it supports from day to day- or the people who think that's a perfectly fine way for the world to roll. I do know one think, they are a perfect match for each other.

• Options
    In fact, the most counter productive thing in this thread is the argument YOU started.

I don't know which is the larger joke, a company that can't decide which browser it supports from day to day- or the people who think that's a perfectly fine way for the world to roll. I do know one think, they are a perfect match for each other.

Offering a suggestion for a fix is not the same thing as saying that bug is 'ok.' It's not, and it needs to be fixed.

In the meantime, there are things that people can do to get around it until they finally fix it. Is it ideal? No, it's just preferable to not being able to use the feature at all.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hey... I'm the one who opened the thread...
    Therefore, I believe it's OK for me to joke around, and I see no problem with others joining in on the fun.
    I already knew it's probably not a problem on Cryptic/PWI's end.
    I think it has something to do with whether or not one plays the game with ACR open (which I don't).
    I was mostly vying for a few suggestions from the more Computer Savvy folks around here.
    No need to get all tense about it.
    B)