test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If we can kill in less than 5secs, will that be nerfed as well?

Comments

• Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That's all they want you to do buy/grind Marion...nerf it

Buy/grind tech doffs...nerf

Buy/grind romulan character....nerf

*DING DING DING* and we have a winner

@Naz, no offense, but SP wasn't even around when BO double taps hit the scene. So I doubt that you spend any time or money on practicing that. As for marion, a nice DBB etc. s.a.
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That's all they want you to do buy/grind Marion...nerf it

Buy/grind tech doffs...nerf

Buy/grind romulan character....nerf

^^^ This.

Wait until all of the shiny has worn off, then nerf!

There's no way that they didn't think the Subspace Integration Console was not OP when it first came out - but they got the sales they wanted from it and nerfed it.

The reason that they're hesitant to nerf things now (as was directly stated in regards to A2B/Tech DOffs) is that players have spent a significant amount on them (time, money, and EC) and changing them would be "unfair."
  • Options
    inexplicabletiminexplicabletim Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    praxi5 wrote: »
    ^^^ This.

Wait until all of the shiny has worn off, then nerf!

There's no way that they didn't think the Subspace Integration Console was not OP when it first came out - but they got the sales they wanted from it and nerfed it.

The reason that they're hesitant to nerf things now (as was directly stated in regards to A2B/Tech DOffs) is that players have spent a significant amount on them (time, money, and EC) and changing them would be "unfair."

So broken stuff should not be fixed only because someone spent money to buy it?
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So broken stuff should not be fixed only because someone spent money to buy it?

"Broken stuff", by who's definition? And which point of view? OP maybe, broken; doubt it.
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    naz4 wrote: »
    if we find another way to achieve the goal of super fast kills, will that be "fixed" as well

I hope so.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    havam wrote: »
    *DING DING DING* and we have a winner

@Naz, no offense, but SP wasn't even around when BO double taps hit the scene. So I doubt that you spend any time or money on practicing that. As for marion, a nice DBB etc. s.a.

Never claimed to be the first to use it. No offense but we were the first ones to make it function so that almost everytime we decloaked, we got a kill and survived against outstanding opponents. We generally don't even need a nuke or alpha to do it as well.

It's only now that people are starting to catch up to it.

What other groups of people can claim that?

That's where most of our time goes. Refining builds until we can't squeeze anymore out of it and making sure it fits in a team environment.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    I hope so.

Why is that?
  • Options
    xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why is that?

It's the 21st Century and everyone is a winner. No one must die!

Damn teams and their heals and kills!
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's the 21st Century and everyone is a winner. No one must die!

Damn teams and their heals and kills!

PCPvP? (Politically Correct Player versus Player)
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No kidding it seems that there is a large group of PVP players that think that if they get killed in PVP then the person that killed them is exploiting a OP/Broken ability or spamming cheese. That there is no possible way that they are doing anything wrong and that the other person is a hack or is exploiting broken consoles or Doffs or whatever. I lest accept that there are certian players that I just can't kill. my whole team can shoot at them all day and not kill them. I'm not sure how that BOP or Bug can resist the focused attack of 5 players but they can do it. Do I think they are cheating or need to be nerfed? No.

They discoverd a build or bought a gaming mouse and have a great macro or great keybinds. Good for them. Not everything that kills you is broken and needs to be nurfed.

If you ask me the only thing that has been nerfed this year that needed it was the immortal fleet shields. and perhaps the Elachi console and thats it. Everything else was just to make a small but vocal group happy it seems.
  • Options
    jjgrands420jjgrands420 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    only if most people cant pull it off. you see double tap required hittign two seperate buttons. this complexity isnt justified and those abusing it were simply 14 yr old nerds!

here here if u cant bind it to autofire all bind spacebar, IT ISNT FAIR
  • Options
    timejumperstimejumpers Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    skollulfr wrote: »
    welcome to 2013 soon to be 2014.
    please be aware that implemented systems from 20 years ago may become antiquated do to limitations in their scalability, causing them to break down and replaced with new systems that can deal with the content.

Forgetting about the bleed through doffs that will still allow 5. second kills.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Oh, we can still kill with just 1 person without the double tap in less than 2 secs. The point is, everytime we do this, will cryptic just nerf bat everything because we bruised someone else's ego to the point where you'll only have elite handbags available in a T5 starbase near you?

We don't just come up with these builds over night. It takes weeks and months to perfect internally within our fleet spending time money and effort.

So, if the reward for this is Cryptic TRIBBLE over the guys that invest, something is seriously wrong.

Sounds like an arguement a p2wer would use you and your p2w double tap.
  • Options
    jeagersneckjeagersneck Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sounds like an arguement a p2wer would use you and your p2w double tap.

What has double tap to do with pay2win? LOL.

You're so hilarious :)

timeship2winjumpers
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Never claimed to be the first to use it. No offense but we were the first ones to make it function so that almost everytime we decloaked, we got a kill and survived against outstanding opponents. We generally don't even need a nuke or alpha to do it as well.

It's only now that people are starting to catch up to it.

What other groups of people can claim that?

That's where most of our time goes. Refining builds until we can't squeeze anymore out of it and making sure it fits in a team environment.

So let me get this strait you are bragging that you can use double tap without alpha or snb and get a kill every time. You are also claiming that this is ok. Lol you crack me up .
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Double tap was p2w... damn didin't know Cryptic was cashing in on my builds back in 09. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    GW is getting fixed. A Tac ability is getting nerfed. I'd say a little good news for pvp.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Double tap was p2w... damn didin't know Cryptic was cashing in on my builds back in 09. lol

I believe the op was stating that double tap was made extremely op with marion doffs correct so no your ****ty bo double tap from 09 sucked and was very unreliable and was not p2w . The new double tap wich is easy to do and is almost 100 % efficient and requires a doff that cost money that makes it p2w. As ive heard the op state it was when marion came into play that it became exploitable i agree it became even more exploitable with the bleedthrough doffs. Nobody wants to mention that because it might get nerfed also.
  • Options
    mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I believe the op was stating that double tap was made extremely op with marion doffs correct so no your ****ty bo double tap from 09 sucked and was very unreliable and was not p2w . The new double tap wich is easy to do and is almost 100 % efficient and requires a doff that cost money that makes it p2w. As ive heard the op state it was when marion came into play that it became exploitable i agree it became even more exploitable with the bleedthrough doffs. Nobody wants to mention that because it might get nerfed also.

Who pays for their Marion doffs??

Ec is an ingame currency
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Who pays for their Marion doffs??

Ec is an ingame currency

Marion couldn't exist in the game unless somebody spent real money somewhere in the chain.

Lockboxy Key -> Temporal Lockbox -> Temporal Beacon Storage Device -> Marion

For the Key to exist, there has to have been a Zen transaction. Outside of various contests, Zen exists because of a cash transaction. Could be an actual purchase, could be from a stipend...but actual money was involved.

Just because somebody might join in the chain somewhere after the real money was involved, doesn't negate the fact that real money has to exist in the chain.

It's a means by which somebody can take real money, buy Zen, and not only convert it to Dil - but they can also effectively buy EC with real money.

It's not like it's drug money or anything, but folks need to stop kidding themselves about the nature of the game - looking down on things - while playing a role in them. Cryptic couldn't offer so much for free if it weren't for the fact that folks grinding away EC and Dil are still helping Cryptic make money. It's part of what keeps the game afloat.
  • Options
    mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Marion couldn't exist in the game unless somebody spent real money somewhere in the chain.

Lockboxy Key -> Temporal Lockbox -> Temporal Beacon Storage Device -> Marion

For the Key to exist, there has to have been a Zen transaction. Outside of various contests, Zen exists because of a cash transaction. Could be an actual purchase, could be from a stipend...but actual money was involved.

Just because somebody might join in the chain somewhere after the real money was involved, doesn't negate the fact that real money has to exist in the chain.

It's a means by which somebody can take real money, buy Zen, and not only convert it to Dil - but they can also effectively buy EC with real money.

It's not like it's drug money or anything, but folks need to stop kidding themselves about the nature of the game - looking down on things - while playing a role in them. Cryptic couldn't offer so much for free if it weren't for the fact that folks grinding away EC and Dil are still helping Cryptic make money. It's part of what keeps the game afloat.

zen can be claimed using dilithium which can be earned by spending 5-10 minutes doing an stf

From which the key can be purchased in order to find the Marion

From which the ec can be earned in kerrat across a week or so depending on how good at that you are

My Marion didn't cost me a penny or RL money unless you include my broadband connection and laptop I play on

All it cost me was 3 disruptor coils
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    zen can be claimed using dilithium which can be earned by spending 5-10 minutes doing an stf

From which the key can be purchased in order to find the Marion

From which the ec can be earned in kerrat across a week or so depending on how good at that you are

My Marion didn't cost me a penny or RL money unless you include my broadband connection and laptop I play on

All it cost me was 3 disruptor coils

Somebody has to buy the Zen...for you to trade Dil for it.

Doesn't matter that you didn't pay real money for it - the item cannot exist without somebody having paid real money for it. Which I guess you missed with what I said...

edit: It's rare that I slap down actual money on the game, but I do my part by farming EC and Dil for things only available because somebody did slap down actual money on the game.
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Somebody has to buy the Zen...for you to trade Dil for it.

Doesn't matter that you didn't pay real money for it - the item cannot exist without somebody having paid real money for it. Which I guess you missed with what I said...

edit: It's rare that I slap down actual money on the game, but I do my part by farming EC and Dil for things only available because somebody did slap down actual money on the game.

the only exception are life timers who have had it for at least 2 years.

their stipends cost cryptic money imo at that point.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    maicake716 wrote: »
    the only exception are life timers who have had it for at least 2 years.

their stipends cost cryptic money imo at that point.

Have always figured that Cryptic's marketing views that along the lines of those places that offer a small free coffee to get somebody in the shop...more money will be earned than lost in the long run for them.
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why is that?

Because I think it's far more fun to actually have a battle than to be a one shot wonder, but then combat isn't my thing, I'm an explorer, not a warmonger.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Because I think it's far more fun to actually have a battle than to be a one shot wonder, but then combat isn't my thing, I'm an explorer, not a warmonger.

PvP in essence is about warmongery though.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Well there is elegant and brute "warmongerring", lol there is a difference.

From a distance in Total War, there seem to be well organized units fighting. Zoom in, you can hear their sputtered cries of anguish as they die...