test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

dStahl Talks Voyager

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You're missing the point. Krenim technology was quite advanced even without the weapon ship. The point I was making is that the Krenim were technologically advanced enough to build the weapon ship in 2170. It's almost 2 and a half centuries later. How advanced are they now?

Assuming the neighboring polities they were at war with didn't defeat them, the Borg didn't overrun them, or any number of other possible calamities didn't happen in those two centuries? You also assume that the same pace of development was maintained.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    Assuming the neighboring polities they were at war with didn't defeat them, the Borg didn't overrun them, or any number of other possible calamities didn't happen in those two centuries? You also assume that the same pace of development was maintained.
    Actually we DO know something. In the timeline after Year of Hell was over, The Krenim were STILL at war with someone. It's not clear who, but it's possible it was the Rilnar. Thus in the finale of their appearance in Voyager they hadn't gotten wiped out, and were still relatively strong militarily.

It's also worth noting that the design of the ships they used in the post-Year-of-Hell timeline were the same design as the ones that fired the shield penetrating time phased torpedos.

I noticed another interesting tidbit when looking over it. The Zahl ambassador who talked to Janeway(before Annorax erased the Zahl from history) made a comment about how the Krenim used temporal weapons. This was a version of the Krenim that had been defetaed by the Zahl and no longer had ships that were a threat. So If the Krenim DO show up I would expect them to use some sort of temporal science based weaponry.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Actually we DO know something. In the timeline after Year of Hell was over, The Krenim were STILL at war with someone. It's not clear who, but it's possible it was the Rilnar. Thus in the finale of their appearance in Voyager they hadn't gotten wiped out, and were still relatively strong militarily.

It's also worth noting that the design of the ships they used in the post-Year-of-Hell timeline were the same design as the ones that fired the shield penetrating time phased torpedos.

I noticed another interesting tidbit when looking over it. The Zahl ambassador who talked to Janeway(before Annorax erased the Zahl from history) made a comment about how the Krenim used temporal weapons. This was a version of the Krenim that had been defetaed by the Zahl and no longer had ships that were a threat. So If the Krenim DO show up I would expect them to use some sort of temporal science based weaponry.

This is why I stated in my Previous post that they will be an excellent Candidates for any expansion based on Temporal Cord war and need to be removed from the List.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
    edited August 2013
    alikain wrote: »
    This is why I stated in my Previous post that they will be an excellent Candidates for any expansion based on Temporal Cord war and need to be removed from the List.
    True, to some extent, though the Krenim aren't actually time travelers apparently.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited August 2013
    True, to some extent, though the Krenim aren't actually time travelers apparently.

true but who could say they didn't become one. the same thing can be said about those that i have the means to do so. Federation faction in the Temporal Cold War was dedicated primarily to keeping the timeline intact and preventing the other factions from interfering with it, which would be completely in keeping with the Temporal Prime Directive's intent. am just say the potential is there since they already have the means.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
    edited August 2013
    true but who could say they didn't become one. the same thing can be said about those that i have the means to do so. Federation faction in the Temporal Cold War was dedicated primarily to keeping the timeline intact and preventing the other factions from interfering with it, which would be completely in keeping with the Temporal Prime Directive's intent. am just say the potential is there since they already have the means.
    quite true. :D

It does remind me of how Daniels hinted that there were MANY races involved with the Time War, and only mentioned a few. Perhaps the Krenim were one of the races that signed the temporal accords? But this is jsut speculation on my part.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    While the popular vote seems to be for The Krenim Imperium, that is the last faction I would vote for in that list. Simply due to no desire on my part to have a faction whose central tech advantage is altering of timelines. The most kick@ss starship designs just isn't a good enough reason to warrant an expansion. We do have the lockbox Timeships and the few devices which interpret altering of time within the game mechanic. Not to mention the temporal shenanigans of the Tholians. I disagree that additional time meddlers would make STO more fun to play.

After some thought, I vote for The Hierarchy. As that is sufficiently vague enough to permit original ideas from Cryptic to expand upon. While also being part of the Trek canon.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
    edited August 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    I would not worry too much, this is simply what will get stuffed into a Lock Box next and that would mean the Krenim warship and the Krenim patrol ship, not the Weapon ship that is too big to begin with.

And I hope that vote for it REALLY like Chroniton torpedoes because that is what you going to get on this.

The last time we as Community voted for something we got half of it. Remember Instead of getting the full Romulan faction we had half of it. So forgive me if I say, I would be worry about anything that cryptic make as vote for. Beside we already have chroniton torpedoes in game. If they Decide to change it just like the way it was in the show, than I want my Transphasic torpedoes to be change as well.
    edited August 2013
    The last time we as Community voted for something we got half of it. Remember Instead of getting the full Romulan faction we had half of it. So forgive me if I say, I would be worry about anything that cryptic make as vote for. Beside we already have chroniton torpedoes in game. If they Decide to change it just like the way it was in the show, than I want my Transphasic torpedoes to be change as well.
    Nah they'd add a new type of Chroniton Torpedo, Krenim Chroniton, or something. Kinda like Dominion Polaron, Tal Shiar Disruptor, and Caustic plasma.... It has the same damage type but a different effect.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • doublearondoublearon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another option would be to introduce a new playable faction that is from the Delta Quadrant. ...It may be best to focus on the major Voyager series species already represented in-game. This includes the Undine, The Borg, and the Hirogen. ...While the Hirogen are definitely strong delta-quadrant players, the Undine and the Borg both have technologies and starships that would add some unique variety to STO?s gameplay. You can already get your hands on an Undine ship holo-emitter, but could you imagine commanding a Borg cube?
    I was thinking and "Unimatrix Zero" does leave open the question of what happened to the Borg freed in that episode. We know at least some of them (like Korok) were able to seize control of the vessels they were on. Revisiting them could open up the possibility of a playable Borg faction separate from the NPC enemies already in the game.
    edited August 2013
    doublearon wrote: »
    I was thinking and "Unimatrix Zero" does leave open the question of what happened to the Borg freed in that episode. We know at least some of them (like Korok) were able to seize control of the vessels they were on. Revisiting them could open up the possibility of a playable Borg faction separate from the NPC enemies already in the game.
    Or even a Borg civil war for that matter. :D Might be interesting to write a story where the scattered survivors of Unimatrix Zero try to band together to defeat the Queen.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well the Orions hold some influence in the KDF high council now. It's no longer Klingons only. With this in mind, it's entirely possible that the KDF wants to look for trade opportunities. After all, the high council would have to be stupid not to want to trade with a race that thinks Beryllium is a precious metal. :D

Anyways, At the end of Year of Hell, the Krenim still had the tech to make the weapon ship, they just hadn't used it. Another thing that points to a strong Imperium is that, after the Year of Hell was erased, the Krenim were seen using the same model of warship that nearly destroyed Voyager with those time shifted torpedoes. Do they have those weapons still? We don't know for sure, but it's entirely possible that they do. One thing to consider is that the powerful Imperium that hunted Voyager for a YEAR accross however many lightyears was a 98% restoration of the original timeline before the weapon ship was first used. It's possible they were somewhat more powerful, but if it really was a 98% restoration, not much.

Im sorry well Im NOT sorry but if you watched the episode they was trying to get the time line perfect and its meaningless what they had b4 the year of hell! as when Voyager hit the time ship it was destroyed and the time line was Reset to 100% if you knowtice it he was on the planet the one he wanted at the end and he only had the time lines on veiw not the plans for the ship. and no Voyager didnt get to keep the shlds or torps or anything that was in the year of hell, and that would include the torps the bad guys had. as they would go back to what they had b4 the whole mess started, as you recall they only got them torps after a time shift nothing else nothing more. End of, if you say they would have them, go and watch the ep and pay attention to it
    edited August 2013
    orici1701 wrote: »
    Im sorry well Im NOT sorry but if you watched the episode they was trying to get the time line perfect and its meaningless what they had b4 the year of hell! as when Voyager hit the time ship it was destroyed and the time line was Reset to 100% if you knowtice it he was on the planet the one he wanted at the end and he only had the time lines on veiw not the plans for the ship. and no Voyager didnt get to keep the shlds or torps or anything that was in the year of hell, and that would include the torps the bad guys had. as they would go back to what they had b4 the whole mess started, as you recall they only got them torps after a time shift nothing else nothing more. End of, if you say they would have them, go and watch the ep and pay attention to it
    1: your grammar and spelling suck.

2: As you said, the Krenim go back to a point where they had the same tech they would have had without the weapon ship being built. Tech that apparently included temporal weapons.

How do we know that? The Krenim were mentioned to use temporal weapons in every version of the timeline where their weapons technology was discussed. Including timelines where the Krenim had never heard of Annorax. AND after the weapon ship was destroyed the Krenim used the same type of warship that nearly destroyed Voyager during Year of Hell.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • matyasbluesmatyasblues Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First let me remind you that such polls are completely editable by an author even on a 10-minutes-made Wordpress blog, so I'd give those results a less surprised look, if I were you. :rolleyes:

Though I absolutely dislike the TV series, which I personally find a collection of bad scripts, poor characters and bad acting moments, I can see why it was chosen (not by the results of the poll, rest assured) as the next expansion in STO.

Plenty of uncharted space and alien species to go boom onto: here we go! I feel somehow comforted reading those hints about the spherical sector space to explore (as long as I've got it right), it might really give the game a great deal of actually 'missing' gameplay. Look forward to it.

Now, if they're worth something, my two cents: NO Borg ships on sale, and keep away Neelix and Kess unless I can fire at them. SERIOUSLY.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    <Sigh> Voyager is by far my least favorite series, but I guess this was inevitable. :(
  • arcanis3200arcanis3200 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If the devs were to make new playable factions like the Borg or the Undine(species 8472), it would make the game more interesting. An idea for the Borg playable faction could expand off of the Voyager episodes revolving around Unimatrix Zero, thus making the player a "liberated drone". A way to balance things would be to make the Liberated Borg ships be a bit weaker than the npc versions, but that's thinking far ahead. Choosing to expand on the Undine as a playable faction would open up the possibility of using Fluidic Space. Plenty of things that can be done.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think that this poll should ask, "Which one of these aliens do you want to shoot in the face?" I don't really expect to learn much about them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Gave malon some love
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I think that this poll should ask, "Which one of these aliens do you want to shoot in the face?" I don't really expect to learn much about them.

so very true
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What about the Delta Quadrant Klingons? So many species to choose from, what about those species that Voyager woke up and they had those corridors? Vatwa or something like that? That would solve the transportation situation with starship tech, or creating nor tech to get to the DQ.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Ocampans. Whatever happened to them? Why aren't they on this list?

Racial prejudice, I tell ya!
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If the devs were to make new playable factions like the Borg or the Undine(species 8472), it would make the game more interesting. An idea for the Borg playable faction could expand off of the Voyager episodes revolving around Unimatrix Zero, thus making the player a "liberated drone". A way to balance things would be to make the Liberated Borg ships be a bit weaker than the npc versions, but that's thinking far ahead. Choosing to expand on the Undine as a playable faction would open up the possibility of using Fluidic Space. Plenty of things that can be done.

Gods forbid. Playable Undine and/or Borg would be the worst case. Don't give the devs any ideas.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • jimipaigejimipaige Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I personally would like more Borg interaction missions where they are not so OP. If I have to stick to the list the Kazon was my best pick.

Sidenote: How about adding some content to the insides of our ships (which are very limited). The Scimitar for example has 2 rooms how about adding a D'deridax (sp) ship insides to the two rooms that the Scimitar currently has? Add a tubolift and then the add of a ready room would be sweet adding the romulan singularity innards. After paying $50 for the ship I really thought it would have a romulan ship inside with the theleron engine. Other than this mistake I love the ship. I have considered going back to the fleet D'Deridax due to the more complete ship.
  • loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Krenim have an overwhelming lead so start removing your temporal shielding. I know we're supposed to protect ourselves against Krenim messing with time but temporal shielding is what made Voyager a wrecked bucket of bolts. I'm not primarily fed so: integrity of the ship>extinction of a few minor species. Also, in the end of "Year of Hell" didn't it seem like Annorax started studying timelines (again, from our perspective) on that padd? Could be a story...
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Ocampans. Whatever happened to them? Why aren't they on this list?

Racial prejudice, I tell ya!

I think this answers your question:

Ocampans are nice and cute, we can't be shooting Ocampans in the face now, can we? ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would totally shoot some Ocampans in the face.

Just sayin'.

>.>
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited September 2013
    If I make a followup to Diplomacy in the Gamma Quadrant, I'm gonna have to make a duplicate of Linnea so that she can shoot the KDF players in the face. :D

As for the Vaadwaur, someone speculated earlier that they aren't here because the devs have already decided to use them... It's a possibility I suppose, I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited September 2013

All of them?
  • mysticman25mysticman25 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I may have voted for the Krenim, but the one I want to see the most is the Voth, but it was not on the list, and they should be added to the list. As everyone should know the Voth was a dinosaur spices that evolved on Earth. They left when a meteorite hit the Earth.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I may have voted for the Krenim, but the one I want to see the most is the Voth, but it was not on the list, and they should be added to the list. As everyone should know the Voth was a dinosaur spices that evolved on Earth. They left when a meteorite hit the Earth.

The Voth aren't there because they are already coming at the end of the year in Season 8. In fact, you can check out the screenshots section on this site to see the concept art for them.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
This discussion has been closed.