test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

takeing the game back from romulan faction (boffs)

Comments

• Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Me likey. Nice one DDIS.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It might be a good idea to post this in the pvp section also as thats where we notice the most imbalance. I see lots of good pvpers that hardly even play their Fed/KDF characters they worked so long on before. I still try to, but can notice the power creep a lot when on my fed/kdf.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ah good, this is getting bumped. keep in on page 1, if you want to get something like this done
    Yeah I'm in on this one.

Query (and if I missed this apologies in advance): When you say "adjusted damage" what exactly do you mean? Final damage modifier?

its all armchair brainstorming. without math and testing i wouldn't recommend anything to exactly. its all just a general baseline to be refined before implication.
    marc8219 wrote: »
    It might be a good idea to post this in the pvp section also as thats where we notice the most imbalance. I see lots of good pvpers that hardly even play their Fed/KDF characters they worked so long on before. I still try to, but can notice the power creep a lot when on my fed/kdf.

its something that effects pvp most, becase its the only place one factions limitations come up against another's advantages, but this is the section this topic really belongs in
  • Options
    panserbjorne39panserbjorne39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bort, Hawk, have you guys read the OPs first post? He's spot on with this, please give our Feds and Klings a boost or do something about the Rom Boffs.
    I have a Vulcan Fed Tac that I've invested a lot of time and money in that is basically obsolete at this point...
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Those Gorn traits suck but otherwise fantastic idea.

The territorial trait idea for Gorn I'd rather see increase based on incoming damage rather than reduced hull hp. And I'd like to see a straight kinetic damage resist for the other trait.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    omikk02omikk02 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Romulan Captains have 1 space trait called Romulan (+ stealth while cloaking, bonus damage when exiting cloak)

There is no where in that where it states they get a passive crit chance just wanna clear that up. Neither do Reman captains all they get is 3% defense, increase duration to ambush and stealth.

See none of the Romulan/Reman captains get an additional crit chance just sounds like some are insinuating that they do, which they dont.

Also every max level ship has 5 Boff slots. Most fleets have an embassy already maxed out which mean EVERYONE if you put in the time to help a fleet out, which in every MMO you have to either grind or do some type of work to get the benefits, if you dont then really blame yourself no fleet is just going to give acces to the rewards without them receiving some sort of payment or help which is very damn simple.

What this means is that everyone can get at least get between 1 or 2 Romulan Boffs depending on ship layout with the trait that is Superior Romulan operative which gives 2% Crit chance and 5% Crit severity which means that the complaint is that players they are missing out on a total at most of 6% crit chance and 15% crit severity. I say most because i just couldnt see anyone without at least 2 Tact teams.This is without the passive from your rep, and any crit consoles that everyone can simply get by putting in time and effort thats all.

And please do some research, the crit consoles are available to everyone. So the big gripe is that players are concerned that they do not have the extra 6% crit chance, 15% crit severity, and 7.5% defense that's exactly what people are griping about. I do believe the other boffs are very lackluster when compared to said romulans boffs, it would be nice to see some sort of variety among all the boffs not just a select few.

But the whole the boffs are oped talks getting old really fast. Also just because you roll Romulan/Reman doesnt mean your automatically going to get these boffs theres a chance not sure if its every 5 lvls that you have on getting a uncommon, rare, very rare boff that it might have some level of operative. Once you hit max lvl youll only have either 3 or 2 superior boffs at most if your lucky with rng, the others youll most likely have to go on the exchange and buy them.
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Could we just hop back in time, jam romulan sensors, and watch them all go up in a supernova?

Seriously LoR has added some nice stuff. But Putting the romulans on everyones side just broke everything.

Romulans are just too powerful, Combine Romulans with the KDF who know their way around a Cloak? Done. I'm out.

I do "Little League" PvP as in Ker'rat where my lack of skill only really hurts me.

But the fight for KDF and FED to remain relevent is an uphill battle.

Just like trying to keep cruisers in the game and worthy.

At this point if i am in Ker'rat and see more than one romulan ship i cloak (Gal-X) and back away slowly....
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    omikk02 wrote: »
    Romulan Captains have 1 space trait called Romulan (+ stealth while cloaking, bonus damage when exiting cloak)

There is no where in that where it states they get a passive crit chance just wanna clear that up. Neither do Reman captains all they get is 3% defense, increase duration to ambush and stealth.

See none of the Romulan/Reman captains get an additional crit chance just sounds like some are insinuating that they do, which they dont.

Also every max level ship has 5 Boff slots. Most fleets have an embassy already maxed out which mean EVERYONE if you put in the time to help a fleet out, which in every MMO you have to either grind or do some type of work to get the benefits, if you dont then really blame yourself no fleet is just going to give acces to the rewards without them receiving some sort of payment or help which is very damn simple.

What this means is that everyone can get at least get between 1 or 2 Romulan Boffs depending on ship layout with the trait that is Superior Romulan operative which gives 2% Crit chance and 5% Crit severity which means that the complaint is that players they are missing out on a total at most of 6% crit chance and 15% crit severity. I say most because i just couldnt see anyone without at least 2 Tact teams.This is without the passive from your rep, and any crit consoles that everyone can simply get by putting in time and effort thats all.

And please do some research, the crit consoles are available to everyone. So the big gripe is that players are concerned that they do not have the extra 6% crit chance, 15% crit severity, and 7.5% defense that's exactly what people are griping about. I do believe the other boffs are very lackluster when compared to said romulans boffs, it would be nice to see some sort of variety among all the boffs not just a select few.

But the whole the boffs are oped talks getting old really fast. Also just because you roll Romulan/Reman doesnt mean your automatically going to get these boffs theres a chance not sure if its every 5 lvls that you have on getting a uncommon, rare, very rare boff that it might have some level of operative. Once you hit max lvl youll only have either 3 or 2 superior boffs at most if your lucky with rng, the others youll most likely have to go on the exchange and buy them.

like any other good item, the chance they drop for you is always low, so you have to go to the exchange. big deal. you sound like a pve'er, only concerned with is crit. the crit is the most minor factor here, its the stealth stacking, sky high defense score buffing, the cloak cooldown reduction, and the ambush damage duration that is their true power. they are completely game changing, and make kdf cloaking look like a joke.

the embassy boffs are romulan washouts compared to actual romulan faction boffs. they only have subterfuge OR operative, rom boffs can have subterfuge AND operative, and there is also rem boffs that can have subterfuge AND infiltrator, a trait not in the embassy. you can stack 5 of these superior boffs, and run all the crit consoles, netting far higher crit chance then any combination of embassy boff will give you.

so, you do some research, get a clue, or at least read the OP before trying to dismiss this issue. people to blind to see the boffs actual effect in practice get old fast.
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    omikk02 wrote: »
    And please do some research,

Yes. Please do. Here let me save you some time.

It's the defense, stupid.

There you go. Now you can sleep better knowing that.

Oh. Here's another question for you. Say I boost my defense by 30% passively. How much does my opponent's effective crit rate decrease by?

Just so you could put a number to it, say your crith was 20%.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The solution seems simple actually

Do not allow boff OR doff trait stacking (think leadership stacking nerf a few months back, done to EVERYTHING)

You can have one, of any trait or doff buff you like... now you get to pick five different ones, because more than one of each is wasted.

You could even go.... one purple one blue one green, would stack, but not two identical purples. Or a superior, regular, and basic, but not five superiors.

Do you not realize how much this simple solution actually fixes? The duty officer system completely destroyed game balance because of stacking, the romulan duty officers destroyed it further for the same reason. Change that, and a whole lot of problems go away.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    thats not easier then dealing with the rage that would follow an enormous nerf. the only way to keep people happy is to buff the other 2 factions.
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited September 2013
    OP you are to be applauded. I just don't see them fixing it. They have a new faction they can milk for money and so they make it overpowered. Look at the Elachi console. It is pure p2w even after the nerf.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    OP you are to be applauded. I just don't see them fixing it. They have a new faction they can milk for money and so they make it overpowered. Look at the Elachi console. It is pure p2w even after the nerf.
    The ringer is that if they buff the old factions as DDIS recommends, they can renew interest in those, and collect more cash (either directly or indirectly) from the "sale" of the new traits/BO.

Plus there may be Romulan players who don't bother to buy-in 100% because they might feel they're strong enough buying only 80% of the stuff... If their opponents were stronger, they might feel the need to "keep up with the Jones" and max out.

Not to mention, balanced factions adds to the overall appeal of the game. A higher regarded game tends to have more players. More players tends to mean more income.

Of course if they're really smart, when they buff the Feds/KDF they should make them power-creeped slightly more powerful than the Roms. To add an overall draw.

My point being is that there is always ways to make money when you buff/add things to the game.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The solution seems simple actually

Do not allow boff OR doff trait stacking (think leadership stacking nerf a few months back, done to EVERYTHING)

You can have one, of any trait or doff buff you like... now you get to pick five different ones, because more than one of each is wasted.

You could even go.... one purple one blue one green, would stack, but not two identical purples. Or a superior, regular, and basic, but not five superiors.

Do you not realize how much this simple solution actually fixes? The duty officer system completely destroyed game balance because of stacking, the romulan duty officers destroyed it further for the same reason. Change that, and a whole lot of problems go away.

...not trying to be antagonistic but my knee jerk reaction to this particular idea was "NO!!!"...just for the simple selfish fact that I have spent a ton of EC on BOFFs, and by extension DOFFs. I have spent a lot of time sorting everything out to get it about as perfect as I can...and that is just on one character. Not saying I don't understand the idea, but I would just tank everything I did- therefore I do not agree with this one...

Oh and I just read what DDIS said on the seventh -yeah a nerf, which is what the above sounds like - would be.....loud.....
  • Options
    mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lets face it,

insta turn battle cloak
    much better than KDF cloaking ships
    all ships have battle cloak or better
    endless stream of new rommie consoles
    singularity warp cores

It is going to take a lot more than just boff improvements to fix this mess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Stacking, in and by itself, is not a problem: as long as everybody else can do it (and to the same degree). Where things went awry, is where Roms get to use 5x 2.0% CrtH boffs (and actually double trait 'real' Rom boffs too). To give ppl an idea of how ridiculously OP that is: 2.0% CrtH is the equivalent of a full 9/9 in Energy Weapons Specialization... and that times 5.

With this sell-out to greed, I have pretty much lost all respect for Cryptic. Yes, I know, ppl are always b*tching about things being OP. But it used to be the devs were honestly trying to go for balance: sometimes not getting it entirely right, but always swinging back to do 'the right thing.' I'm no longer seeing that. This whole Rom boff thing was deliberate; and, since they clearly knew it would hurt everyone else not-Rom, malicious too. And yes, it will make em money (and so we came full circle, to the start of this paragraph).

Sad part is, Cryptic also has an apparent policy of never listening to feedback. In fact, LOL, they made it against the forum rules (!) to even make a petition (I guess the Chinese powers that be associate 'petition' with something inherently scary, like the onset of a revolt or something).

At any rate, as long as threads like this still exist, I will continue to express my deep sadness over Cryptic's deliberate sabotage of their own game, come LoR.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is one great proposal ddis, and the devs. would be smart to pick up at least some of the ideas you presented here and implement them in the game.

The way the gameplay has become with the release of the Romulan embassy Boffs and especially now with the Romulan Boffs since LoR is ridiculous. I mean it truly is a joke, I have Romulan char. as well and the difference is astonishing.
    Furthermore maybe it's just me, but to me it's incredibly silly to see people that felt they had to stack Romulan Embassy Boffs in their Klingon BoPs for better preformance. Why should anyone be forced to use Boffs of a species that doesn't belong to your faction of choice? I sincerely hope we see some changes like these proposed here soon enough.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    op roms are the entire reason i gave up pvp, specced into ground, readied my tuffli, and focus nearly 100% on fleet chores.
    i know cryptic have some fantasy where i spend another 600million ec and untold hours bringing a new rom up to spec, but im not doing it. no way. i wouldnt have such negative feelings about this if my ship and kit were at least account-bound, but we all know the score there.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    Furthermore maybe it's just me, but to me it's incredibly silly to see people that felt they had to stack Romulan Embassy Boffs in their Klingon BoPs for better preformance. Why should anyone be forced to use Boffs of a species that doesn't belong to your faction of choice?

No, it's not just you. I no longer visit my Fed bridges, as I absolutely hate seeing these totally out-of-place Rom boffs there. It breaks immersion on an unprecedented scale. I want my own, loyal, human crew there! (Or the occassional Saurian) Some of who have been with me for a very long time; and to which I kinda bonded even (yes, I know, that sounds silly; but it's true nonetheless). I want the crew I hand-picked, trained, and bought countless uniforms for to dress up nicely -- all according to my own taste. And now?! Bridges invested with multiple copies of this single, unchangeable, 2.0% CrtH Rom clone, fugly as hell, in a green Robin Hood suit. And to add insult to injury, half of them are missing body parts (those trained by other Captains, and transferred back to my own crew).

Way to break your own game, Cryptic!

At the very least, (purple?) human boffs should all get 2.0% CrtH too. Or, if you want to monetize the deal again, fine, I'll buy new human ones. But, by the goddess, don't let this situation continue!

Or let us buy boff traits.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I hope this thread gets recognized by the powers that be at cryptic and they take heed of a great proposal and give us some feedback on what they think of this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I like the BOff trait ideas given for the KDF races, and even the ones for the feds.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    with the release of LoR, we were graced with the romulan faction. thats hilariously better then ether the KDF or fed faction. heres why

- for 40 less shield power, you get in exchange singularity jump and quantum absorption. 2 heals/evades so useful and powerful, that they will do you a lot more good keeping you alive then a bit more res and regen ever would.

-battlecloak on everything. with the singularity powers mentioned above, its hard not to escape and live, even under heavy fire

-their ships have beter basic stats then federation ship, and dont pay for things like a cloak at all with reduced stats like the kdf does.

- and last but not least, the rom faction boffs, not to be confused with the flunky embassy boffs, that by comparison are washouts that only a desperate fed or kdf captain would want. they are literally table scraps thrown to the dogs.

rom faction boffs have 2 space traits that when you have a full set of 5 superior slotted on your ship are more powerful then any other item of doff your ship may have.

the 3 traits, subterfuge, operative and infiltrator each buff some of these things each
    - massively boosted stealth scores that no stealth sight can defeat
    - +defense score
    - +crit chance
    - +crit sevarity
    - lower cloak cooldown
    - increase ambush damage -does not stack with multiple boffs of the same grade i dont think
    - increase ambush duration -does not stack with multiple boffs of the same grade i dont think

so, my character with 4 superior romulan boff and 1 superior reman has a ~96% defense score, about 15% crit chance base, a 12 second battle cloak cooldown, and a 15 second long ambush bonus.

my fed and kdf characters cant hold a candle to performance like that, and every ship that does not have a cloak feels like a knife brought to a gun fight.

for most of you, a rom proboly doesn't feel that OP. thats because you havent spent a ton of EC on an all superior crew, or you spend most of your time shooting STF gates, and that 50 shield power will do you more good then any of that other stuff. the thinking that romulan ships are glass and all that

if those rom boffs did not do any of those things, that would be one thing. the romulan faction would be fairly balanced. sort of nerfing the rom boffs to the point were they dont even have space traits though, what are we to do?

buff every other race of boff for KDF and fed so that they can have space traits as powerful.

i see kdf getting similar cloaking bonuses, and fed getting bonuses for staying in a fight longer, as apposed to cloaking, stuff like that. i strongly feel something like this needs to happen, several pvpers have already totally written off their non rom characters because of how plainly inferior they are.

LoR just about killed the KDF as far as i can tell, they are basically the rom faction, only extreamly watered down. starved for end game ships, having extreamly inferior non battlecloaks, bops that pay out the nose for battlecloak, the monbosh now trumping all kdf battle cruisers, they dont even have leadership boffs. aside from the high quality totorial missions that are great fun, and the kdf elite disrupters that a rom allied can get, theres no incentive to play kdf at all.

that can almost be said for the feds too, but enough people want to live the starfleet experience that it still gets plenty of play. i understand making the romulans as powerful as they are, they are new, and if no one played them all that time and effort and money spent to create them would have been for nothing, the expansion would have been a failure. but now, its time to back fill the other 2 factions a bit, so they can compete again.

new boff space traits

human
    leadership- +20 to subsystem repair, bonus hull regeneration
    teamwork- 10% bonus on heals/damage buffs on ET, ST, and TT

vulcan
    stoicism- 25% placate resistance, can stack to 100%
    acute perception- bonus stealth sight

Andorian
    passion- Bonus damage as hit points are reduced

Tellarite
    Stubborn- bonus damage and placate resistance as hit points are reduced
    prideful- chance of 20% damage bonus for 10 seconds on receiving critical hits

Bajoran
    insurgent- +1.5% Critical Chance +3.8% Critical Severity, +2.5% to all adjusted damage
    spiritual- chance of hull or shield heal on hit

Benzite
    eager to please- +20 skill points to particle gens and warp core potential
    efficient- +20 to efficiency skill

Betazoid
    telepathy- +20 to countermeasures and targeting skill

Bolian

Caitian (eh, these arent all that... widely available, but whatever)
    Stubborn- bonus damage and confuse, placate resistance as hit points are reduced

Ferengi
    shrewd- 5% discount when buying anything with EC or latinum, 5% bonus to dilithium ore rewards
    fortune finder- very rare item drop chance increased by 2.5%

Pakled
    dumb luck- +4% Critical Chance, -30 Stun resistance, -30 Confuse resistance, -30 Placate resistance
    things to make us go- +20 engine performance skill
    (the thought of this doff being real, and having 5 stacked, and actually going into pvp with them makes me lol)

Rigelian

Saurian
    leadership- +20 to subsystem repair, bonus hull regeneration (eh, they're president now)

Trill
    Joined Symbiote- +10 skill points in Hull Repair, Starship Shield Emitters, Starship Weapons Training, Warp Core Potential, Particle Generator and Subspace Decompiler

Gorn
    territorial- crit chance and crit severity increase as hit points are reduced

Klingon
    honorable- +3% defense +3% accuracy, +10 to weapons training
    warrior- +20% ambush damage, +100 stealth, +10% faster cloaking recharge

Lethean

Nausicaan
    pirates- +10% to all base damage, +2 second ambush damage bonus
    insurgent- +1.5% Critical Chance +3.8% Critical Severity, +2.5% to all adjusted damage

Orion female

Orion male

Ferasan (eh, these arent all that... widely available, but whatever)

all future generated boffs would have a chance to have 1 or both space traits. this would be a perfect additions to season 8, dont wait for the romulans to kill interest in other factions before you act, because they are so plainly better.

Yes, yes, and yes. I'm not sure further comment is necessary. This thread is win.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • Options
    dilbartdilbart Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would like to see Romulan Operative changed to +4/8/12 to weapon specialization and +4/8/12 to starship stealth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The unfortunate part, is that even though this thread (especially the OP) has wonderful ideas in it... likelihood of execution is low.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So let's just make a lot of noise and see what happens. The exact specifics of DDIS's proposals and whether we agree or disagree on the details are not the issue, it's about the wider issues:

1.) How OP stacked RRF Boff traits are.
    2.) The lack of similarly OP options for the other two factions which is what makes point 1 an issue.
    3.) The absolute pointlessness of no-space-traits-boffs on a level 50 character given that STFs, Fleet actions and ground PVP do not involve boffs. A both customization issue for a company (cryptic anyways, PWE doesn't give a....) that prides itself on such things and a very real area of gameplay that is severely lacking.

While I agree that removing the stackability of all boff traits beyond captain+boff stacking would cause a massive rage frenzy on the forums, in an ideal world I'd be in favour of this but...

Only if either some new boff races (Acamarian, Yridian, Suliban + 2 others for variety, for example) were introduced to the RRF as part of and along the lines of DDIS's proposals in order that ALL factions could have 5 space traits active at one time.

Or

If each race had one race specific trait, which can come at Basic, Regular and Superior and a random second trait that can only some at regular level. So - Each race has a trait that it always comes with and has a chance to be superior in and then each boff has a random second trait from all race specific traits in the pool but which is restricted to regular level.

Examples: RRF Rom Engi: Superior Operative + Efficient (Rom Op renamed to just Op)
    KDF Leth Tac: Superior Efficient + Infiltrator
    FED Vulc Sci: Superior Stoicism + Operative

etc.

There are infinite ways to implement the general idea and I think we can all be 110% sure that any step in the direction being discussed by this thread would be EXTREMELY popular.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    +1 to this thread we NEED balance (and so do you PWE if you want to keep making money in the long term) Also quit nerfing the most Iconic ships (you know the one/s).
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Pakled
    dumb luck- +4% Critical Chance, -30 Stun resistance, -30 Confuse resistance, -30 Placate resistance

I LOL-ed at 'dumb luck.' Good one! I'll take the +4% CrtH, though. :P

Seriously, though, I hope Cryptic takes heed. As the OP already stated, one can understand the reasons of Cryptic to initially make Roms way OP (even when those reasons are kinda lame); but the time has come to restore balance.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    mezirathmezirath Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in and start by thanking dontdrunkimshoot for putting such a clear post together and bringing this accessibility issue to the Community as well as QA's eyes.

The issue of Federation and Klingon Defense Force players not having equal access to the following Romulan traits: Romulan Operative, Subterfuge and Infiltrator. As well as the implications of a full bridge crew with these stacked traits available to only Romulan players.

After investigation and testing, QA has compiled and submitted a report to the Systems Development Team. The link to this forum thread was also included so that the Dev Staff could review all the user feedback presented.

Although QA and the rest of the development staff visit and read the forums, it will not always nor commonly result in a Dev response. The flux and pace of MMO development keeps everyone here with quite a full plate. Please continue submitting feedback of this calibur so that QA can continue to forward issues identified as well as feedback in improving the STO experience.

Have a great rest of your day all and thanks again.
  • Options
    jarheardjarheard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    with the release of LoR, we were graced with the romulan faction. thats hilariously better then ether the KDF or fed faction. heres why

- for 40 less shield power, you get in exchange singularity jump and quantum absorption. 2 heals/evades so useful and powerful, that they will do you a lot more good keeping you alive then a bit more res and regen ever would.

-battlecloak on everything. with the singularity powers mentioned above, its hard not to escape and live, even under heavy fire

-their ships have beter basic stats then federation ship, and dont pay for things like a cloak at all with reduced stats like the kdf does.

- and last but not least, the rom faction boffs, not to be confused with the flunky embassy boffs, that by comparison are washouts that only a desperate fed or kdf captain would want. they are literally table scraps thrown to the dogs.

rom faction boffs have 2 space traits that when you have a full set of 5 superior slotted on your ship are more powerful then any other item of doff your ship may have.

the 3 traits, subterfuge, operative and infiltrator each buff some of these things each
    - massively boosted stealth scores that no stealth sight can defeat
    - +defense score
    - +crit chance
    - +crit sevarity
    - lower cloak cooldown
    - increase ambush damage -does not stack with multiple boffs of the same grade i dont think
    - increase ambush duration -does not stack with multiple boffs of the same grade i dont think

so, my character with 4 superior romulan boff and 1 superior reman has a ~96% defense score, about 15% crit chance base, a 12 second battle cloak cooldown, and a 15 second long ambush bonus.

my fed and kdf characters cant hold a candle to performance like that, and every ship that does not have a cloak feels like a knife brought to a gun fight.

for most of you, a rom proboly doesn't feel that OP. thats because you havent spent a ton of EC on an all superior crew, or you spend most of your time shooting STF gates, and that 50 shield power will do you more good then any of that other stuff. the thinking that romulan ships are glass and all that

if those rom boffs did not do any of those things, that would be one thing. the romulan faction would be fairly balanced. sort of nerfing the rom boffs to the point were they dont even have space traits though, what are we to do?

buff every other race of boff for KDF and fed so that they can have space traits as powerful.

i see kdf getting similar cloaking bonuses, and fed getting bonuses for staying in a fight longer, as apposed to cloaking, stuff like that. i strongly feel something like this needs to happen, several pvpers have already totally written off their non rom characters because of how plainly inferior they are.

LoR just about killed the KDF as far as i can tell, they are basically the rom faction, only extreamly watered down. starved for end game ships, having extreamly inferior non battlecloaks, bops that pay out the nose for battlecloak, the monbosh now trumping all kdf battle cruisers, they dont even have leadership boffs. aside from the high quality totorial missions that are great fun, and the kdf elite disrupters that a rom allied can get, theres no incentive to play kdf at all.

that can almost be said for the feds too, but enough people want to live the starfleet experience that it still gets plenty of play. i understand making the romulans as powerful as they are, they are new, and if no one played them all that time and effort and money spent to create them would have been for nothing, the expansion would have been a failure. but now, its time to back fill the other 2 factions a bit, so they can compete again.

new boff space traits

human

vulcan

Andorian

Tellarite

Bajoran

Benzite

Betazoid

Bolian

Caitian (eh, these arent all that... widely available, but whatever)
    Stubborn- bonus damage and confuse, placate resistance as hit points are reduced

Ferengi
    shrewd- 5% discount when buying anything with EC or latinum, 5% bonus to dilithium ore rewards
    fortune finder- very rare item drop chance increased by 2.5%

Pakled
    things to make us go- +20 engine performance skill
    (the thought of this doff being real, and having 5 stacked, and actually going into pvp with them makes me lol)

Rigelian

Saurian
    leadership- +20 to subsystem repair, bonus hull regeneration (eh, they're president now)

Trill
    Joined Symbiote- +10 skill points in Hull Repair, Starship Shield Emitters, Starship Weapons Training, Warp Core Potential, Particle Generator and Subspace Decompiler

Gorn
    territorial- crit chance and crit severity increase as hit points are reduced

Klingon
    honorable- +3% defense +3% accuracy, +10 to weapons training
    warrior- +20% ambush damage, +100 stealth, +10% faster cloaking recharge

Lethean

Nausicaan
    pirates- +10% to all base damage, +2 second ambush damage bonus

Orion female

Orion male

Ferasan (eh, these arent all that... widely available, but whatever)

all future generated boffs would have a chance to have 1 or both space traits. this would be a perfect additions to season 8, dont wait for the romulans to kill interest in other factions before you act, because they are so plainly better.

i agree with only 1 thing..the embassy should hold full boff options for SO and SI boffs for all other players.

as for the rest..well MMO is pay to win..sorry to be so blunt but they are .
    every ship that got out as an end game ship , every box ship further and further down the line almost always kept being better and better.
    if its not better why would you pay so much for it ? for the different skin ? common .

this is reality guys . a romi faction let you create your kdf all over again and for avid kdf players as me lets face it . the kdf side has been dead a long long long time .we still have that 1 costume option lol .

i have no problem with romulan ships and as F2P player i got all of them from the zen store using my own in game funds , so its possible to do so .

i believe there is more hope for kdf players as romulan kdf's rather then pure kdf's and from my point of view i have seen a vast increase in kdf population due to the romi faction giving people the ability to actually play an up to date counterpart to feds without being bogged down by poor content and red all around bridges that look like a deserted junkyard factory .
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    LOL, time to sell my full crew of Superior Ops :D
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D