What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So I finally got the full set of KHG armor for my Delta KDF. I went to the tailor but can't seem to find the helmet option. I looked in on the head page and the top drop down says Honor Guard, but there's no helmet there. I also found a project in the Omega rep that said Unlock Honor Guard Type 2 and ran it but it didn't seem to unlock anything at all. Is that project just a left over or is it actually supposed to unlock something?
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's a left-over, I believe. The 'Type 1' rep armors are just for acquiring the armor, the 'Type 2' are now for getting the complete set of armor, weapon and shield, and I think the 'type 3' is for completing STFs still, but I'm not sure.

Helmets and Hoods are listed under "Head Type" on the head tab for the tailor, you might find it there... but I wouldn't be too sure now - there's a lot of trouble with the tailor at the moment, missing costume pieces or moved ones; the Odyssey Excursion belt and pants, the Hirogen helmet for male characters (Captains and BOffs), so there's no telling if it got the Honor Guard helmet too or if it's unrelated...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bendalek wrote: »
    Just a quick little issue that's been around for some time.

I have a KDF Aligned Female Reman toon - The Reman Nemesis Uniform shows up fine in game, but, in the Character/Toon selection screen, she is only shown in thr default Romulan Republic outfit

Her Boffs, wearing Reman Klingon garb show up fine however.
    This happens if the Uniform you wear is not the first in your list, I think.
    Though it seems ther's something messed up, there. one of my toons always shows up in the formal dress on the selection screen - which is clearly not the first uniform in her list.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Looks like the missing helmets are being fixed in tomorrow's patch. Yay!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I hope they get fixed all the way, my RR 'Hirogen's' crew want their helmets back...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Now that I think about it, this is like the third or fourth time that the helmets have broken like this over the years. I wonder what keeps causing this to happen.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Not just the helmets, a lot of things that are supposedly 'fixed' end up getting 'unfixed' after updates... Care to hear my theory on the subject?
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This happens if the Uniform you wear is not the first in your list, I think.
    Though it seems ther's something messed up, there. one of my toons always shows up in the formal dress on the selection screen - which is clearly not the first uniform in her list.

Yah, that's what i thought at first, but I changed it to be her "first" uniform, and it still doesn't show up.

All her BoFF's have been "Remanified", in other words, her Romulan BoFF's (SRO's) are all bald, and wearing the Xindi costume, and her Reman BoFF's (Away/Ground Team) are wearing Reman Leathers, and they show up in their various costumes just fine in game, and in the character select screen.

She is the only one wearing the "Nemesis" outfit though. Not even the standard 'Reman" hood shows :confused:

It's as though it completely ignores her entire costume, and puts her in the bog standard, default RR soldier costume.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bendalek wrote: »
    Yah, that's what i thought at first, but I changed it to be her "first" uniform, and it still doesn't show up.

All her BoFF's have been "Remanified", in other words, her Romulan BoFF's (SRO's) are all bald, and wearing the Xindi costume, and her Reman BoFF's (Away/Ground Team) are wearing Reman Leathers, and they show up in their various costumes just fine in game, and in the character select screen.

She is the only one wearing the "Nemesis" outfit though. Not even the standard 'Reman" hood shows :confused:

It's as though it completely ignores her entire costume, and puts her in the bog standard, default RR soldier costume.
    Did you create this char just recently, during the Delta recruits thingie?

westmetals wrote: »
    What it's supposed to do is show costume #1 if you logged out while in space, and your active costume if you logged out while on ground.
    Well, apparently, this doesn't always work as it should be.

Could be about time we check the bugs board to see if there are some more having this issue...
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Did you create this char just recently, during the Delta recruits thingie?

Nope, this is a very old toon, I get back to her every now and then. I dug her out when the Xindi gear first appeared in game, because I could finally make her crew "look" like they were all Reman. I've had a long break form the game (due to R/L issues) and now that I'm back, I'd like to get all my toons to lvl 60 (she's currently lvl 50)
    Well, apparently, this doesn't always work as it should be.

Could be about time we check the bugs board to see if there are some more having this issue...

First place I checked. It's not really a "game breaking" issue, just a small cosmetic thing really. As i said, she looks fine in game, it's just the character selection screen where her costume doesn't show up.
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    With the moving of the Odyssey Excursion pants to a different category the Odyssey Excursion belt can no longer be used with the pants.

The same goes for the Odyssey Dress belt.

/\
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ussboleyn wrote: »
    With the moving of the Odyssey Excursion pants to a different category the Odyssey Excursion belt can no longer be used with the pants.

The same goes for the Odyssey Dress belt.

One more reason to do away with the categorization of clothing. They wanna restrict swimwear to Risa fine, but let us mix and match the rest how we see fit.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Has anyone mentioned the issues with capes and flowing cloth since S10? They clip horribly and have no weight like they did before. They don't flap and flutter behind you as you run either
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    General:
    • Added a Holographic FX option for Photonic Bridge Officers.

Could somebody tell me where to find this option? I'm assuming it'd be in the tailor, but I'm staring up and down at the options and can't for the life of me find it.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    nulonu wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned the issues with capes and flowing cloth since S10? They clip horribly and have no weight like they did before. They don't flap and flutter behind you as you run either

"NO CAPES!!!"

:D

BTT:

Sadly though, I had to actually adjust the "hips depth" slider down on several toons and BoFF's because of this. Not good Cryptic, not good! (my Nicki Minaj Alien BoFF is terribly disappointing now)
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nulonu wrote: »

Seconded .

... having your boots run through your cape is not sexy ...
  • Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Seconded .

... having your boots run through your cape is not sexy ...

Go fly around Risa with a cape on if you want to see how bad it really is. Just wow.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Miner outfit is not available in the Off Duty category for female characters. It is for males. Tested on male Federation (Andorian), female Federation (Vulcan), and a female Fed-Romulan (Romulan). I don't have a male Romulan or any KDF characters with the outfit to test with.

The Risan Explorer Shirt's sleeves are clipping through characters' arms right now. I don't remember this being an issue with it when I was wearing it last year.

---

This isn't really an issue, but on the subject of Off Duty outfits, could you consider adding the barefoot option unlocked with the Risian Beachcomber outfit to all of the Lower categories? It'd look nice paired with some of the lower options other than the shorts.
  • Options
    hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OK here is a odd one. i have been playing every day ever since I started on 1/27/15. It is now 5/18/15 and I have not received my 100 day badge or stat boost. The "accolades in progress" still has me listed as not receiving them. My account says I have only 2 weeks subscription time, when the above dates prove otherwise. Any idea on how to fix that?
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OK here is a odd one. i have been playing every day ever since I started on 1/27/15. It is now 5/18/15 and I have not received my 100 day badge or stat boost. The "accolades in progress" still has me listed as not receiving them. My account says I have only 2 weeks subscription time, when the above dates prove otherwise. Any idea on how to fix that?

Are you a paid monthly subscriber or did you buy a lifetime membership?
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    lorderavenlorderaven Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So I put in a ticket about my KDF character's unfirms being stuck as in I have 3 slots 3 outfits but when I hit the change uniform button nothing happens...I can ecven go into the tailor and maualy trya nd change his uniform and nothing....soo at firs they send me back the Bot mail saying they will look into it....

then I get back make sure u go to the tailor to purchase the oufit.... like really? if this was my first or second toon ok but my 6th? and I even said my others work fine...

Just saying helper team needs help
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Reminder from the OP:
    When adding bugs to the thread, include the following info:
    • Affected character(s) name@handle, race, gender, faction (and allegiance, if relevant).
    • Is the problem affecting a Captain or Bridge Officer?
    • Your submitted bug-ticket number if you have one.
    • Links to pictures (but do not embed photos themselves, here are instructions).
    • Then include any other detailed information about the problem.

This info is vital to help the devs track down problems. *Especially* important is to include the name@handle of the affected character(s). Because costumes are built differently for each of the many types of character models for gender, race, and yes, even faction, what is buggy for you and your character, might not be a problem for my character or the dev's character. Being able to look specifically at YOUR problem helps them find and fix the issue.

Several of the recent posts are missing this info. I recommend adding it for best results. :)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't know if this has already been mentioned or not (there's no way I'm going through 150 pages just to find out), but my Kobali BOffs can't seem to wear helmets. I don't have every armor set, but the ones I have tested with are all the same result: no helmet option.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I don't know if this has already been mentioned or not (there's no way I'm going through 150 pages just to find out), but my Kobali BOffs can't seem to wear helmets. I don't have every armor set, but the ones I have tested with are all the same result: no helmet option.

I understand your unwillingness to read the whole thread, but you could read/follow the OP and/or post right above yours.

:P

:rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just finished Iconian rep and unlocked the costume. Only bug I have to report is that Captain-rank pips clip into the neck (specifically the 4th pip disappears into the neck as the character "breathes"). Looks just like what happened with the Odyssey long jacket uniform a while back.

Screenshot, though it's hard to see.
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lordkhorak wrote: »
    Beard options screwed. Goatee, in this example, though it was doing it on almost all the available beard options. There's a second colour option square which presumably shouldn't even exist, as indicated. It defaulted to brown, but after being changed it remained brown, and results in the bug.

GoateeBug.jpg

Criminal lack of taste of user is feature, not bug.

Just quoting this older post to bring this back up again. It's a bug that has persisted since pretty much launch on my characters.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I wanted to give special thanks to Callevista (and Team?) for making my Photo BOffs customizable (especially on the KDF-side).

Over the last couple weeks, as time allowed, my various alts took a trip to the Tailor and updated/customized their PBOffs. Most of my Feds are now wearing Odyssey uniforms, my KDFs are wearing Bortasqu, but there are variations as well.

This really makes me happy, especially seeing as you made it so we didn't have to dismiss/reclaim the PBOff to make them editable. That's pretty awesome.

So again, THANK YOU!!!

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I wanted to give special thanks to Callevista (and Team?) for making my Photo BOffs customizable (especially on the KDF-side).

Over the last couple weeks, as time allowed, my various alts took a trip to the Tailor and updated/customized their PBOffs. Most of my Feds are now wearing Odyssey uniforms, my KDFs are wearing Bortasqu, but there are variations as well.

This really makes me happy, especially seeing as you made it so we didn't have to dismiss/reclaim the PBOff to make them editable. That's pretty awesome.

So again, THANK YOU!!!

Agreed, it makes a big difference! Now if we could use Romulan uniforms on the ones we have on Romulan characters, it'd be absolutely perfect.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!