Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    skymagus00 wrote: »
    Does this mean we can expect the infected skin texture to cover the entire body in the future? I would love to see that, as currently my main toon - a giant, boss-sized alien - uses it and looks terrible in anything showing skin below the neck (I use her as my forum picture, so that should give you some idea).

I would post a picture of her in her Risian swimwear here... except I'm not sure on posting images to the forums, and she looks so hideous in it you probably wouldn't want to see anyway (although, her heavy tank type of build really doesn't help) :eek:. She does, however, look really good in armour, particularly the new CC rep gear.

Also, for reference, when I give her dreadlocks, they tend to float slightly above her forehead. Fortunately, this isn't very obvious unless you look closely from the wrong angle.
    Yes, I also wish to be able to do that. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    as an aside, can you also see about providing some of the various parts on premium species for use on alien characters if you have that species unlocked?

Oh yes, I would love that if we have unlocked a Premium Species in the C-Store that we would get access to those resources in the Alien generator as well. That would totally rock! :D

All they would have to do is to bundle those parts in to the Species unlock package and those that already have that species can claim them again to get access to those files.
    callevista wrote: »
    Glowy patterns for skin is an interesting idea. And yes, we have thought about furry options for aliens. For now, the basic plan is to get the existing bare skin options completed; beyond that any additional things will be added after. What you've mentioned are interesting things, and I will bring them up with the other artists to consider.

Thanks. Looking at that alien that LaForge turned in to they were florescent and the DJ on ESD already have glowing pattern on her body and head. So it's both cannon and seems to be doable in some way already. Just not for us mere mortals though. ;)
  • Options
    millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So I hadn't seen this mentioned since I did a thread about it ages ago, and seeing Callevista kicking tailor issues and taking names, I feel it'd be a good time to reiterate this tailor issue.

Remans' "Nose Height" minimum setting changes to a new minimum upon allying with a faction, at least in my and others' cases with the Klingon faction. This makes all Reman noses appear smaller height-wise and further up the face, at least after allying with the Klingon faction and after making a new/altering appearance.

This means no matter your Nose Height setting as a Reman player who allies with a faction (Klingon faction for sure), your nose will always be smaller height-wise after allying. All tailor-made appearances saved BEFORE allying retain the old Nose Height, but if you make changes to those saved slots or create a new look in a new slot, it'll take on the new, smaller Nose Height. There's no way to fix this on the player's end using the tailor unless your nose was already quite small height-wise, at which point you can move the slider lower to get it closer to how it was, but if your nose was longer than that, you won't be able to fix it.

If this helps illustrate, this image is of my Klingon-allied Reman, left side is pre-allegiance appearance, right is post-allegiance, notice the face remains the same except for the Nose Height. The slider is set to the absolute minimum setting it can go in both cases.

Comparison Image:

http://imageshack.com/a/img819/259/1ufl.jpg

1ufl.jpg

Pre-Allegiance Image:

http://imageshack.com/a/img829/9565/vy6s.jpg

Post-Allegiance Image:

http://imageshack.com/a/img837/9009/tx1s.jpg

I want to clarify and reiterate that I made *no* face setting changes, especially to the Nose Height slider between the two appearances. If I were to go back and edit the pre-allegiance appearance, it would take on the post-allegiance nose changes, since it has a new minimum Nose Height that differs from pre-allegiance.

It's obviously an unintended change when allying to have Nose Height take a new minimum like that, and seems related to other Romulan-faction tailor issues from before, and is a bit subtle to notice at first so I can see this having slipped through. But I'm hoping to see this fixed so I can regain my pre-allegiance Nose Height, as there's little room for longer noses post-allegiance.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's a minor issue, seasonal, one might say...

But the Mercenary Bandolier clips something awful if one tries to wear it and the 'Risian Explorer Outfit' top together. It works fine on the other options from the same catagory - V-Neck, Shirt Simple, Strapped and of course Mercenary - but if you try Risian Explorer, the bandolier clips at the bottom back and the very front middle (where the edges of the outer shirt are).

It's a pity, too... I had an idea to try for a classic pirate inspired look with them...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Is there any plans to go through the Colour Palette and resolve some of the long standing errors and discrepancies?

I started a thread here about the Risian Flower Accents, but the issue also does apply to other costumes.

In Particular, Romulan Characters and their BoFF's seem to have a very messed up Colour Palette system, even down to the Left and Right versions of certain Armbands and Shoulder Pads having different Palettes ...

I understand it's probably to late now to resolve the issues for the Summer Event, and also with 9.5 on the Horizon time is critical for the Dev Team, but if the Colour Palette's could at least be put on the "Radar" that would be great.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    vallden1vallden1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I tried to read through this post to determine if the clipping issues with skirts has been addressed. I did not see a post for it and I do not want to start a new thread. I hope this is the right place. I see clipping with every skirt available, and clipping on the neck of the Terran uniform top. The following are just some examples. I hope it is not necessary to show every clipping issue with the skirts.

Short Tight Skirt:
    http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s571/vallden/Short_Tight_Skirt_zpsd72b3565.png

Terran top:
    http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s571/vallden/Terran_Ent_zpsa05602aa.png

TOS Split Skirt:
    http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s571/vallden/TOS_Split_zps0f28b4ac.png

Short Angled Skirt
    http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s571/vallden/ShortAS_zps520461c1.png

Now I know why avatars have underwear. This is not the uniform I use. I put on the Terrran top so the skirts would be easier to see. Obviously, that is when I noticed the clipping on the neck.
  • Options
    firebringeraxel1firebringeraxel1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Name: Arakne@firebringeraxel1
    Faction: Romulan-Federation

When wearing the Miner vest the skin texture for the chest and arms is no longer present. Just an invisible gap in the model. This applies to both undershirt types.
    JHGPezg.jpg
    qPgM6AP.png?1
    I am a Storyteller
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't know if this has been addressed but when I wear khan's belt on top of my ferengi merchant or entrepreneur jacket, the belt disappears in the back of the jacket.
    It's a minor issue but since you always look at your toon's back you see it.
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    millybun wrote: »

It's obviously an unintended change when allying to have Nose Height take a new minimum like that, and seems related to other Romulan-faction tailor issues from before, and is a bit subtle to notice at first so I can see this having slipped through. But I'm hoping to see this fixed so I can regain my pre-allegiance Nose Height, as there's little room for longer noses post-allegiance.

I'll have our team check it out for sure.
  • Options
    skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for all the awesome fixes! I have a few small questions/requests that might not be that difficult to implement.

I know we have the new more realistic long hair option for Romulan females, and that was nice. But you took out the older long hair models... why? I ended up making a female Romulan alien to be able to use them :/ Any chance for these older models to be included in the selection?

Ever thought of giving Romulan and Vulcan males a makeup option for eyeshadow? They clearly wore it throughout TOS. It was subtle, but it was definitely there! I'd pay for that option :)

And on another (more complicated) note: the original pictures for the 22nd century (TOS) Romulan uniforms had thumb hoops at the end of the sleeves. I take it those were taken out of the final model due to clipping? It would be awesome to have them in-game (and on males, too!)

Original sleeves: http://i.imgur.com/hkVCuLI.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    skonn wrote: »
    Ever thought of giving Romulan and Vulcan males a makeup option for eyeshadow? They clearly wore it throughout TOS. It was subtle, but it was definitely there! I'd pay for that option :)
    and the application of makeup to the various aliens-of-the-week that showed up throughout the entire series was a lot LESS subtle...so if it isn't already available, aliens should get a makeup section

actually, all races that might be likely to wear it should get the option, for both genders too
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    and the application of makeup to the various aliens-of-the-week that showed up throughout the entire series was a lot LESS subtle...so if it isn't already available, aliens should get a makeup section

actually, all races that might be likely to wear it should get the option, for both genders too

I completely agree with you, but didn't bring it up so as to avoid the potential discussion-derailing can of worms. :(
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    Regarding the missing body parts for ferengi and remans - I'll send that also to be looked at.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would love to see Trills get a makeup section, period. Currently the only reason I can see that they don't have it is because the listing for the spots is in the spot where it would be. Surely that isn't a limitation preventing it, is it? :p
  • Options
    myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I haven't actually read this thread recently to see if it's buried in here, but one of my little tailor pet peeves is that while the helmet lights on the Dyson reputation armor costume were fixed for the KDF, the special Gorn version of that helmet still has broken glowing bits that you can't turn on.

I'm also curious if the KDF tailor still using the older color palettes (as opposed to the newer, brighter one with more available greens and purples) on a lot of uniforms is working as intended or some kind of oversight.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    Regarding the missing body parts for ferengi and remans - I'll send that also to be looked at.
    what about the borg infected complexion? Has that been changed to be full-body yet?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,348 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Can we make allied faction uniforms available for the LibBorg Reman Tactical BOFF?

He seems to only have access to the regular assortment of Romulan and Reman clothing plus the Romulan Republic uniforms and C-Store options. But the Romulan Allied-Federation and Romulan Allied-Klingon Uniforms are not options.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Callevista,

can you comment on these two... when can we expect to see these in game. Are they still being finalised or whats the deal. Please tell us, if its a coming thing to the game, obviously you wont shead too much light on info but right now we just want to know if we are getting these any time soon..

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16906711&postcount=167

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16970861&postcount=186\

Thanx
    Loc
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Just wondering if this was still being looked at?
    artan42 wrote: »
    Would that be these?
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7335/14072140406_ef527e3e5c_o.png

1) Some shoulder attachments that flush with the backpack option.
    2) A zipper.
    3) Grenade attachment.
    4) Thigh Pouch.
    5) Upper arm attachment.
    6) Wrist computer (incidentally this would be fantastic default option for all).
    7) Big boots (shared by Breen).
    8) Dominion boots.

In addition there are a number of pieces of the Hirogen armour missing.
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7363/13949840848_700edf263f_o.png

1) Respirator
    2) Open helmet.
    3) Big silly collar thing
    4) Upside down shoulder thing.
    5) Scollped shoulder armour
    6) arm armour (goes between the gauntlet / bracer and the shoulder armour) without this the arms look far too thin.
    7) The LoR tailor breakdown allowed me to make it. It looks awesome!
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have noticed that the amount of errors has inceased.
    Especially if i want to assign a certain color to the upper part of a uniform then the trousers colors seem to be connected with, very annoying.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Query, yreodred... Are you, by any chance, using a costume 'preset' as your starting point then making changes to it?

I ask because I've found in personal experience that the tailor has a severely bad habit of 'locking' part colors together when that's done and I'm curious as to the spread of the problem.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Query, yreodred... Are you, by any chance, using a costume 'preset' as your starting point then making changes to it?

I ask because I've found in personal experience that the tailor has a severely bad habit of 'locking' part colors together when that's done and I'm curious as to the spread of the problem.

I've never used the presets and I still get certain costume pieces colour palettes connected on some characters/BOFFs.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    ruinsfateruinsfate Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't know if this has been reported, but I didn't see it in your list:

KDF Aligned Romulans are missing the Collar and Arm Attach options when using Klingon Honour Guard costume unlocks.

Evidence:

Female Romulan

Male Romulan

Female Orion, displaying which options are missing.

-edit- I have unlocked all KHG costume options with both characters used for the screenshots. Submitted bug report as ticket #2,564,142.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ruinsfate wrote: »

KDF Aligned Romulans are missing the Collar and Arm Attach options when using Klingon Honour Guard costume unlocks.

Evidence:

Female Romulan

Male Romulan

-edit- I have unlocked all KHG costume options with both characters used for the screenshots. Submitted bug report as ticket #2,564,142.

Cryptic recently gave Commander Roxy on DS9 the ability to reset your costume options if you turned in the pieces of your Mk XII sets (you get them back unaltered). It allows the game to 'recheck' what you are supposed to have unlocked.

It worked for my Romulan's Mk XII Omega Force.

You might want to pay a visit to Roxy and see if that clears up your issue. It does not fix every issue, but if you haven't done so already -- might be worth a shot.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Cryptic recently gave Commander Roxy on DS9 the ability to reset your costume options if you turned in the pieces of your Mk XII sets (you get them back unaltered). It allows the game to 'recheck' what you are supposed to have unlocked.

You might want to pay a visit to Roxy and see if that clears up your issue. It does not fix every issue, but if you haven't done so already -- might be worth a shot.

A word of warning - stay away from Roxy if you are a Klingon trading in Mk xii Honor Guard armor. You might not get it back. It's been a month and a half since the team said they were looking into it but I've heard no word back and have received no armor refund since Roxy stole mine.

Official kdf armor error thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1111891
  • Options
    edited June 2014

No, i never use the presets.

I noticed that specific error when using the Sierra 1 together with the panels&pockets Knee high trousers.

Strangely this only occurs with one certain toon i have (alien species).
    Another Alien species toon of mine doesn't cause the same error...

EDIT:
    I just noticed when using a preset uniform and then choosing the Sierra 1 together with the panels&pockets Knee high trousers, that error doesn't occur anymore.:)
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    ruinsfateruinsfate Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iconians wrote: »

While you are right that this was worth testing, it unfortunately did not solve the problem. Thank you for reminding me though.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    No, i never use the presets.

I noticed that specific error when using the Sierra 1 together with the panels&pockets Knee high trousers.

Strangely this only occurs with one certain toon i have (alien species).
    Another Alien species toon of mine doesn't cause the same error...

EDIT:
    I just noticed when using a preset uniform and then choosing the Sierra 1 together with the panels&pockets Knee high trousers, that error doesn't occur anymore.:)

Btw, is your toon a female, and does she still have the ankle high "panels & pockets" trousers? My toons (all female) have had that piece mission for several months now.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Btw, is your toon a female, and does she still have the ankle high "panels & pockets" trousers? My toons (all female) have had that piece mission for several months now.

No, it's a male alien character.

I have just checked, a female Vulcan, Borg and Alien BOFF, i have no access to that piece anymore.

A tale of two Picards
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ruinsfate wrote: »

Evidence:

Female Romulan

Male Romulan

Ruinsfate, please include your character name@handles on all your affected characters. The problem is not universal; it may only affect some characters. While I can't speak for the Female Romulan (I don't have one), my Male KDF-aligned Romulan D'Tamus@PatricianVetinari just visited the tailor this weekend and his KDF Honor Guard uniform has all the pieces.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.