What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Swim shorts do not appear to work for Reman males, I had just purchased and used them tonight, and there was absolutely no swim wear option in the tailor menu, only the usual were there.

Confirmed.

Character Name: Orlok@PatricianVetinari
    Race/Gender: Reman Male
    Faction/Allegiance: Romulan/Fed
    Details: I just purchased the basic Swimwear - Shorts, unlocked them (as seen in this pic of the chat window), and yet when I go into the Tailor, no option in the drop-down for Swimwear (pic). Exiting the game and reloading it, did not help.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    firebringeraxel1firebringeraxel1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nausicaans in swim trunks have human skin texture. I'm not all too surprised but I was hopeful after the updates to Klingon, Reman, Trill, & Fersan/Caitians for the swimwear that they might have covered Nausicaans as well. No such luck.

Here are some screenshots
    http://i.imgur.com/C8Yi9qg.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/R8OvRz0.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/6YHkjAh.jpg
    qPgM6AP.png?1
    I am a Storyteller
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nausicaans in swim trunks have human skin texture. I'm not all too surprised but I was hopeful after the updates to Klingon, Reman, Trill, & Fersan/Caitians for the swimwear that they might have covered Nausicaans as well. No such luck.

They are still in the process of updating the textures. Some were stated to come after the Risan event.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    Confirmed.

Character Name: Orlock@PatricianVetinari
    Details: I just purchased the basic Swimwear - Shorts, unlocked them (as seen in this pic of the chat window), and yet when I go into the Tailor, no option in the drop-down for Swimwear (pic). Exiting the game and reloading it, did not help.

thanks for the detailed info - it helps a lot!
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited June 2014

lol yeah I have come to expect them not to work properly for KDF so I don't get let down.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Yep, these are on our list for bare skin updates.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    Glad to hear, only I had a DERP moment and misspelled my character's name. LOL

Actual character name has no letter 'c' in it: Orlok@PatricianVetinari

:o

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    While we're talking about species-specific body features, how cool would it be if Benzites had crazy dual thumbs?
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    While we're talking about species-specific body features, how cool would it be if Benzites had crazy dual thumbs?

That's kinda creepy o.o.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nice - is that a proposal for new Caitian and/or Ferasan heads?

Nice idea about naming the color schemes - I'll pass that along to the UI guys.
    Thank you, I was gonna sign on to that request too.

AIIIIIHHHH :eek:

Jesus H Christ savior of Christians everywhere that is creepy, freaky, and jarring.

That is way more jarring than a full body Reman. It's like a man stole a Yautja's face.
    jeffel82 wrote: »

That would be interesting. A variety of hands wouldn't be a bad idea, clawed, gecko texture, three fingered etc.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Confirmed.

Character Name: Orlok@PatricianVetinari

Yeah I am finding more, and more often I have to take screenshots, to confirm all the possible broken scenarios in this game, so as to point out to the Dev's it is in fact bugged, and or broken.

It gets old quickly. :mad:
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah I am finding more, and more often I have to take screenshots, to confirm all the possible broken scenarios in this game, so as to point out to the Dev's it is in fact bugged, and or broken.

It gets old quickly. :mad:

Yeah the 2 year anniversary of these problems is coming up this november when the major breakage hit in season 7 still unfixed lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well the swimsuit color pallet is being expanded this tribble patch which is awesome.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    firebringeraxel1firebringeraxel1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yep, these are on our list for bare skin updates.

This makes me immensely happy. I know Nausicaans are probably one of the least played species in the game so I never expect them to be a priority but it's appreciated when my personal favorite KDF species gets some love.
    qPgM6AP.png?1
    I am a Storyteller
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Orlok got his swimsuit. Thanks for fixing! :D

• Options
    edited June 2014
    We've found a possible resolution to some swimsuit issues.
    This will not fix every issue, but it has resolved some bugs that we've been tracking.

Go to an NPC who offers Tailor services on Risa.

1) For any extra costume slot that is saved as a swimsuit: Change its over all dropdown category setting to anything besides Swimsuit. (For instance if you saved that costume slot as Swimsuit, switch it to Offduty). Make sure to click save.

2) Wear that costume.

3) Exit the Tailor. And you should be wearing whatever you set on that costume slot.

4) Go back to the tailor NPC, and access the same costume slot you were editing before.

5) Change that costume slot to Swimsuit.

If you still have issues after this, please let us know.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I noticed that the female TOS Romulan belt can now be worn with tight and loose long pants since yesterday's patch. Excellent! But it still can't be worn with loose ankle-high pants. Hope that also changes in the future. :)
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We've found a possible resolution to some swimsuit issues.
    This will not fix every issue, but it has resolved some bugs that we've been tracking.

Go to an NPC who offers Tailor services on Risa.

1) For any extra costume slot that is saved as a swimsuit: Change its over all dropdown category setting to anything besides Swimsuit. (For instance if you saved that costume slot as Swimsuit, switch it to Offduty). Make sure to click save.

2) Wear that costume.

3) Exit the Tailor. And you should be wearing whatever you set on that costume slot.

4) Go back to the tailor NPC, and access the same costume slot you were editing before.

5) Change that costume slot to Swimsuit.

If you still have issues after this, please let us know.

I tried this and my female Orion still has a missing torso and arms. I also have 2 costume slots that were working fine before but are now broken, I can't edit, rename, or wear the outfits in them.

I also am unable to use optional outfit pieces with swimsuits, I see people with the flower head/arm/leg bands and they tell me the option shows up for them in the tailor but the only thing I get is to change colors.

I bought a one shoulder swimsuit to see if it was maybe just an issue with the string bikini but the torso and arms are missing with that too so I suspect it'll be the same with any swimsuit.

I bought a bikini for my Fed Human Engineer captain and the same thing happens with her. Reminds me of the issue I have with not being able to get the Dyson Sphere daily mission with any character on my account.
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Some outstanding issues are going through testing right now including missing Omega helmets , clipping hair, missing Jem Hadar armor pieces, and missing Kit parts (visual). Once we've tested their resolutions, they'll be sent out in a patch. Of course there are other bugs that also must be prioritized that I haven't mentioned here - so I can't promise any specific times when the resolutions will hit the live servers (assuming they pass testing). But I expect some of them to reach you in a week or two.

It would appear that this issue is still persisting (my own thread about and screenshot here). A fix has reportedly been "inbound" since at least February; any ETA on when it will arrive?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    talien wrote: »
    ...I also am unable to use optional outfit pieces with swimsuits, I see people with the flower head/arm/leg bands and they tell me the option shows up for them in the tailor but the only thing I get is to change colors...
    Talien, not sure if you know this or not, but the flowers are a separate purchase from the swimsuits. They are a per-character costume unlock available in the Risian Summer Event Store: Outfit Box - Risian Flower Accents. They were released last year and (still) cost 600 Favors (and again, that's per character).

The price is a bit steep for just some flowers. Most my characters still don't have them. The nice thing about the flowers is that they can be worn as accents on most any costume including On Duty uniforms, Off Duty clothing, and Swimwear (they can not be added to armor like the Omega or MACO armor).

Sorry to hear about your other costume pieces. Make sure you list your character name@handle, race, gender, faction (and allegience if relevant), and if dealing with a captain or BO costume.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    One thing I don't understand is why the dev team didn't add the easiest swimsuit to add. The blue and black monokini with the stripes across the abs that the NPCs wear. That's the swimsuit that I actually wanted on my characters.

Another issue. There's a beautiful Romulan NPC wearing a bikini top with the a Romulan civilian skirt bottom, AND using the New Elegant Hairstyle, and I'm sitting there saying DO WANT.

And I'm hoping that's a hint that you'll be unlocking hairstyles cross species and faction instead of just abusing your dev make anything we want god powers. :mad:

I want sarongs next year, but allowing us to use that skirt is quite acceptable.

As for a technical issue, I purchased the Cutout monokini, and instead of having the black panties showing out of the groin area, there is spillage of the same color as my swimsuit.

Thank you.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Here's one I noticed a long time ago but forgot about... Orion females (at least) don't have access to the three default "Visor" options in the eye attach field (meaning Geordi's visor, the Jem'Hadar headset, and the TR-116 scope).

Have a picture.

Female Orions also have fewer than normal haircut options, buzz cut and several of the shaved varieties are missing.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There's also a plethora of other issues with the colour palette in the half finished "Summer Event"
    Such as:

KDF Aligned Romulan has only the KDF colour palette for the sunglasses.

Alien Fed Female has the Normal Colour Palette for Sunglasses (not the entire spectrum we get for swimsuts) but only the KDF Colour Palette for the Floral Headband.

Alien Fed Female has the Normal Colour Palette for all other Floral Accessories, except the "Belt" which has ... The KDF Colour Palette!!!

Alien Fed Female only has a "Torso" Skin, which has 2 options, though they are identical, and there is no "Lower Body" skin to match!!!

Seriously, do Cryptic even try to do QA on this stuff before release?

Do they even bother creating/using toons from different races/factions to make sure there is at least some continuity?

Or do they just release the content in whatever half baked state it's in, and let the players Beta Test it, and "maybe" throw us a few hastily tweaked "fixes" to keep people happy (or less angry!)?
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Or do they just release the content in whatever half baked state it's in, and let the players Beta Test it, and "maybe" throw us a few hastily tweaked "fixes" to keep people happy (or less angry!)?

It sure feels like the above. If I were working there I would never let something that hadn't been tested out the beta test door.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    People need to realize there are only 3 character artists.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I don't care if they are 3 or 3000 as speed things are created isn't the issue. Things needs to be tested before they are released. That is a QA problem. They have in place the Tribble and Redshirt servers for Beta testing yet they don't use it in an optimal fashion for testing and fixing stuff before release in to the game.

I'm sure if they allowed some of the game resources to be accessed that plenty of players would happily fix many of these bugs themselves. Then Cryptic could just take it as their own and apply it over the entire game.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mattachine wrote: »
    I don't care if they are 3 or 3000 as speed things are created isn't the issue. Things needs to be tested before they are released. That is a QA problem. They have in place the Tribble and Redshirt servers for Beta testing yet they don't use it in an optimal fashion for testing and fixing stuff before release in to the game.

I'm sure if they allowed some of the game resources to be accessed that plenty of players would happily fix many of these bugs themselves. Then Cryptic could just take it as their own and apply it over the entire game.

^This !!!

If you read the Tribble Bug Reports Section, half the issues flooding the "normal" (Holodeck) forums, were pointed out to the Devs long before the patches or content is released, yet it just gets ignored.

I haven't even SEEN a Redshirt update for ages, so if they are still using that server, then obviously anyone playing on it, would be first, chosen from a very limited list, and second under a VERY strict NDA.

And as mattachine mentions, if they were really that short staffed or that short on time, why not give Foundry Authors access to content (again with the NDA) and see if they can fix it? One only needs to look at something like the Nexus Websites, and most of all the "Unofficial Skyrim Patch" website to see just what "amateur" content creators can accomplish ...

If Cryptic made it clear that ANY disclosure whatsoever would result in Banning, Account Deletion and even Legal proceedings, and that any and all content created by "players"was/is/always will be the property of Crytpic/PWE, then I can't see a problem ...

I know, that even with my limited skills with 3D Modelling and Texture Editing, I could do a better job than Cryptic does sometimes, and certainly, I know I could "fix" many of the issues currently plaguing the game.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    And as mattachine mentions, if they were really that short staffed or that short on time, why not give Foundry Authors access to content (again with the NDA) and see if they can fix it? One only needs to look at something like the Nexus Websites, and most of all the "Unofficial Skyrim Patch" website to see just what "amateur" content creators can accomplish ...
    and despite all the work done on not only the USP, but also the UF3P, UOP, and UMP, not once has bethesda has ever taken a single one of those fixes and integrated them into an official patch, and neither does any other game company that i've ever heard of...so why would cryptic ever do something like that?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    and despite all the work done on not only the USP, but also the UF3P, UOP, and UMP, not once has bethesda has ever taken a single one of those fixes and integrated them into an official patch, and neither does any other game company that i've ever heard of...so why would cryptic ever do something like that?

Because it would be smart. Save them money. Cut down on the complaints and bug reporting. Making the game more polished and thus draw new players and generate a bigger profit for them.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Please take the complaining and negativity to another thread (of which there are plenty).

This thread is about reporting issues and working with the Devs to get those resolved, not about pointing fingers, arguing, or how much better you can do it (which BTW, they are hiring). We have had excellent response in this thread, including problems solved, and want to keep it that way.

I will report anyone who can't keep it civil and to the topic.

Thank you.