Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    Some have asked when we will release certain costumes to players that they've heard about or seen on various NPCs in the game. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on that - but suffice to say, we do have plans for everything that we put into the game. We often take into account suggestions we read from players. So while I often cannot say what is planned for certain costumes, you can always give suggestions on how those should be released.

I'll just pop this here, there are a few suggestions in there, as well as a large list :D.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    I was about to post in bugs. Guess this thread may be appropriate.

I have ported my Klingon with an Andorian Diplomacy Boff to Tribble and tried to customise her appearance there. Unfortunately, I couldn't make her wear anything than the basic shirt as no other options appeared.

Trying to change at least colors or hair ended up with an 'Invalid parts' message and the Boff remained unchanged.

Here's a pic:

screenshot_2014_07_08_18_27_15.jpg

EDIT: At the same time I can attest having to problem whatsoever using the BortasQu' uniform on my Diplomacy boff on a FED char ported to Tribble.

That's normal for T4 marauding boffs, far as I know it's always been like that. The only way I've been able to edit them at all was after buying the mining outfit from a fleet dil mine, for some reason that and only that outfit shows up for marauding boffs. You can still select the standard shirt as an upper option but the lower body only has the miner's pants and boots.

And just putting this out there again since it's still an issue, missing body parts with swimwear. Seems to only affect a few players but hits all their characters, sent a PM with details to one of the devs and had it confirmed that it was an issue and was being looked at, but the summer event is almost over and still no word on if there's a fix coming or not.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can see the pic only by pasting the URL into a new tab.

But yeah, that's a pretty bad glitch. what happens if you click the dice icon?

Absolutely nothing. I can't even change the category to anything else than jacket tight.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Right click and open in new tab.

No no, the problem is the link simply isn't showing at all. See the quote I did? That's exactly how it is, it's just a blank space. IE, FF, Chrome too. The only way to see the URL is to go into the post editor and copy/paste it but even then the link just goes to an empty page.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    talien wrote: »
    That's normal for T4 marauding boffs, far as I know it's always been like that. The only way I've been able to edit them at all was after buying the mining outfit from a fleet dil mine, for some reason that and only that outfit shows up for marauding boffs. You can still select the standard shirt as an upper option but the lower body only has the miner's pants and boots.

Yes, but it's been reported the Marauding boffs can use the free Odyssey uniform (on Tribble). I'm kinda refuting that.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

• Options
    vilecalamitousvilecalamitous Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No no, the problem is the link simply isn't showing at all. See the quote I did? That's exactly how it is, it's just a blank space. IE, FF, Chrome too. The only way to see the URL is to go into the post editor and copy/paste it but even then the link just goes to an empty page.

Oh. Sorry. Must have misread your post earlier.
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, but it's been reported the Marauding boffs can use the free Odyssey uniform (on Tribble). I'm kinda refuting that.

Yeah I too am refuting it, I started a thread and it got no response.

Here is the thread if you want to maybe chime in toiva
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It seems that the nasty looking knee high variant of the "panels & pockets" trousers has a colour pallet bug. It now has one pallet for the 1st colour box, then a completely different one for the others.
    Basically, the first box of the 4 colour boxes seems to have been changed to an off duty pallet (with all the weird and wonderful pinks) while the other 3 are just standard colour pallets for uniforms.

Ezroe@captainoblivous, other toons may be affected.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    mathcubemathcube Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Please disregard. I had a color linkage issue which was resolved by using the randomize option.
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Hey guys, we are still looking at issues related to Diplomacy and Maurading BOFFs. The issues are somewhat complex because it involves (among other things) assets that are potentially assigned to your opposing faction. In short, we are trying to find a way to make things better over all, but it involves multiple departments (Art, Game Design, Production) to coordinate (all while trying to get the next set of updates to the game done) - which is why it takes a bit of time.

We are also making some tweaks to the Odyssey, Bortasqu, and KDF uniforms and hopefully get the bugs worked out with them. (Some players experience missing parts/options, and color issues)
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey guys, we are still looking at issues related to Diplomacy and Maurading BOFFs. The issues are somewhat complex because it involves (among other things) assets that are potentially assigned to your opposing faction. In short, we are trying to find a way to make things better over all, but it involves multiple departments (Art, Game Design, Production) to coordinate (all while trying to get the next set of updates to the game done) - which is why it takes a bit of time.

We are also making some tweaks to the Odyssey, Bortasqu, and KDF uniforms and hopefully get the bugs worked out with them. (Some players experience missing parts/options, and color issues)

"bit of time"

that's quite the laughable excuse, considering these issues have been around since the beginning. Truth is, these issues are literally of no concern to Cryptic. If it were, it would've been fixed/dealt with long ago. EC Exploits, Dilithium Exploits etc, those are dealt with within a matter of days. But heaven forbid, fixing something that players have been asking for, for YEARS, the default-excuse being "we need a bit of time to fix it". At what point, is a bit of time, too much time? Or enough time?
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Great. Now how about the Romulan embassy boffs? When will they be looked at? Expansion 2?
    bridges.jpg
  • Options
    seseronseseron Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, it's been a while since I mentioned the following. Four particular issues regarding the Hirogen costume to add to the OP's list:

1. Hirogen character head type needs dual lobes with smooth nose. (Original Thread)

2. Female hirogen dual lobes has a graphical glitch in the back. (Original Thread)

3. Female hirogen helmet visor links to the metallic - chest armor. Can't alter color of visor. (Image)

4. Hirogen helmet is designed for ridged lobes. While tolerable, the mandatory visor dirsupts the iconic hirogen look. (Compare THIS IMAGE with THIS IMAGE).
    rottorung02.png
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    ...At what point, is a bit of time, too much time? Or enough time?
    Suffice to say, the fix will take as long as it takes. Regardless, of what's gone on in the past, Callevista is kind enough to stop in and let us know it's actively being worked on now.

Please respect that, and take your unproductive negativity elsewhere.

I'll quote this from the OP:
    Please keep it civil and above all, on topic. This is not a complaint thread, it's about working with the Devs to get things fixed.

Thank you.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    We've added customization changes to the Marauding BOFFs as a whole. Previously, the Upper was locked down and not customizable. We have a version now with the Uppers customizable, and more customization on other parts. This change will be going through testing and out to you hopefully in a week or so.

More revisions are on the way for these BOFFs other BOFF types.
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Suffice to say, the fix will take as long as it takes. Regardless, of what's gone on in the past, Callevista is kind enough to stop in and let us know it's actively being worked on now.

Please respect that, and take your unproductive negativity elsewhere.

I'll quote this from the OP:

Thank you.

Agreed. I am just happy to know that this is being worked on and will keep an eye out for further news. Of course it's frustrating that it's taken as long as it has to get a dev to even acknowledge it again, but complaining about it won't change that. My hope is that once they've sorted marauders out, they turn their attention to some of the other uneditable boffs, the embassy Romulan in particular, but also the Reman, Breen and Jem Hadar FE rewards. But now I'm getting ahead of myself.

I look forward to changing my signature.:D

Edit because of my slowness as this being posted by Callevista while I was slowly typing:
    We've added customization changes to the Marauding BOFFs as a whole. Previously, the Upper was locked down and not customizable. We have a version now with the Uppers customizable, and more customization on other parts. This change will be going through testing and out to you hopefully in a week or so.

This is great news, thanks.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ...the Marauding BOFFs... change will be going through testing and out to you hopefully in a week or so...
    Fantastic!!
    ...More revisions are on the way for these BOFFs other BOFF types.
    I'm right there with TheMartian, but I hate to get my hopes up. Can you confirm/deny if you mean to say that you guys are working on other, previously-locked BOffs? I have dreamed of a day when I can edit my KDF Photonic Bridge Officer. The Fed one too (tho, less so, as he at least looks cool). The Breen, Reman, and Jem Hadar FE rewards, and PLEASE let me finally change my Embassy Romulan Bridge Officers. Now that there's a Romulan faction, all those close should be unlocked! Maybe even the Borg Sci Officer from the STF?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Encouraging news! Thank you Callievista!
    bridges.jpg
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I expect this to work for only half the player base just like the buged slots on my kdf chars that was ment to be fixed mths ago. :( e.g look how meny slots ive got extra on RogueTal'shar@wilbor2 or RogueOne@wilbor2
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Wow if that gets to where it works then if they fix the KDF boff bug from not being able to train their ground and space skills they might be actually usable.

Would be funny too if one day the KHG uniform options worked lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

That sounds amazing. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Thank you. I'm looking forward to test the changes and report back.

• Options
    whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Welcome news indeed! Thank you very much. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    BOFFs in general are being looked at to add customization to some, and fix bugs for them as well. When all the bare skin options are completed, there is good chance that even more customization will be added to existing BOFFs, and perhaps some will be made customizable that were not before. But all these changes will take place over time, and not all at once.
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BOFFs in general are being looked at to add customization to some, and fix bugs for them as well. When all the bare skin options are completed, there is good chance that even more customization will be added to existing BOFFs, and perhaps some will be made customizable that were not before. But all these changes will take place over time, and not all at once.

please dont forget the Foundry while you guys are making these cool additions.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Any changes that they do with the game should eventually find their way to the foundry too, if not at the same time.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Thank you again for the info! That's pretty much what I've wanted to hear
    bridges.jpg
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2014

While you folks are thinking about BOFFs, would it be possible to give them extra costume slots?

So we can have our BOFFs switch between the Duty, Tactical and Dress uniforms for example, without having to take them back to the tailor.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,460 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014

That is awesome. Thanks a lot guys! :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    After today's patch, KDF uniforms are available for marauding boffs on Tribble, thanks Callevista. :D

screenshot_2014_07_16_03_24_25.jpg

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,460 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    After today's patch, KDF uniforms are available for marauding boffs on Tribble, thanks Callevista. :D

screenshot_2014_07_16_03_24_25.jpg

Wait. What? So, you can take the FED officer that you get from Marauding and put it in a KDF uniform??
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch