What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    I just wanted to say, that we do try to keep up with the bugfixing and suggestions - at the same time while making new content for the next future release(s). So while bugfixes don't get released right away, they are often already being worked on, and taken into account. Those bugs that need more information will often get a response on these forums -asking the player for more detail on that bug (or in some cases we will PM that player as well). As for the color palette issues - we've been discussing what to do across the board. I can't go into the details of the color palette stuff right now, but we will definitely try to get it more cohesive in the future.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    ...As for the color palette issues - we've been discussing what to do across the board. I can't go into the details of the color palette stuff right now, but we will definitely try to get it more cohesive in the future.
    Oh!?! I really look forward to hearing more about this! :D

The Dev Team's support is appreciated. Thanks Callevista.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    talien wrote: »
    I tried this and my female Orion still has a missing torso and arms. I also have 2 costume slots that were working fine before but are now broken, I can't edit, rename, or wear the outfits in them.

I also am unable to use optional outfit pieces with swimsuits, I see people with the flower head/arm/leg bands and they tell me the option shows up for them in the tailor but the only thing I get is to change colors.

I bought a one shoulder swimsuit to see if it was maybe just an issue with the string bikini but the torso and arms are missing with that too so I suspect it'll be the same with any swimsuit.

I bought a bikini for my Fed Human Engineer captain and the same thing happens with her. Reminds me of the issue I have with not being able to get the Dyson Sphere daily mission with any character on my account.

Can I get the name@handle for the affected characters please?
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for all the dev support.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've added the following to the OP:

If you'd like to add your own bugs to the thread, be sure to include:
    Affected character(s) name@handle, race, gender, faction (and allegiance, if relevant), if dealing with a captain or BO costume, your submitted bug-ticket number, links to pictures, and any other detailed information that can help find and resolve the problem.

Hopefully this will help.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've added the following to the OP:

If you'd like to add your own bugs to the thread, be sure to include:
    Affected character(s) name@handle, race, gender, faction (and allegiance, if relevant), if dealing with a captain or BO costume, your submitted bug-ticket number, links to pictures, and any other detailed information that can help find and resolve the problem.

Hopefully this will help.

:)

Yeah been there and done that but the problems I have are all KDF problems and they don't really care(or have been ordered to ignore any kdf problems until decision is made that there is time left to devote to it which I doubt ever happens) about resolving those issues :(

Major ones are the Klingon females, Letheans, gorn, orion female, and nausicaan with a jem hadar set but has no options at all for the costume. At one time in this thread I believe I broke it down to the very gender and location of the costume piece I figured that was a great deal of help from my side for them to get it fixed but doesn't seem that is the issue here.
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just wanted to say, that we do try to keep up with the bugfixing and suggestions - at the same time while making new content for the next future release(s). So while bugfixes don't get released right away, they are often already being worked on, and taken into account. Those bugs that need more information will often get a response on these forums -asking the player for more detail on that bug (or in some cases we will PM that player as well). As for the color palette issues - we've been discussing what to do across the board. I can't go into the details of the color palette stuff right now, but we will definitely try to get it more cohesive in the future.

You've been nothing short of outstanding Callevista. I can honestly say I appreciate all the hard work you've done by keeping us in the loop, checking this thread to see what things we have found and also bugs we have encountered in game. Really hope to see palette's expanded not soley on some of the stuff ive suggested but for all clothing. The more customization there is, allows everyone to be just a little more unique in a massive game like this.. and well that's a good thing.

Thanx again :)
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for the responses from the Devs ...

Any chance then that we could get an "official" response to the following thread in the Graphical and Sound Issues Sub-forum? Or should I copy and paste all the relevant posts into this thread?

Solonae (and possibly other ) EV suits make your toons body disappear ...

Many of us have done a great deal of experimenting to discover the root cause of the issue, and have pretty much nailed it down, however we are STILL waiting for even a cursory "were looking into it" reply ...

If you need any more information, such as Character @handle, Race Info, Level etc. please feel free to PM me.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Please take the complaining and negativity to another thread (of which there are plenty).

This thread is about reporting issues and working with the Devs to get those resolved, not about pointing fingers, arguing, or how much better you can do it (which BTW, they are hiring). We have had excellent response in this thread, including problems solved, and want to keep it that way.

I will report anyone who can't keep it civil and to the topic.

Thank you.

Sorry. It's easy to become negative when bugs that have been in the game since Beta still haven't been fixed even though it shouldn't be that difficult to do.

I would like to point out that I'm no artist, I'm a projects manager.
    Plus they wouldn't hire me as I tell things as they are and don't sugar-coat things.
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I look forward to the colour palette being looked into. I really do appreciate that this thread and the issues raised have been getting attention.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Can we expect some of these things to show up in the 9.5 testing update in late July?

Or will the next big updates come in..*gasp*..SEASOONNNNN TENNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Can we expect some of these things to show up in the 9.5 testing update in late July?

Or will the next big updates come in..*gasp*..SEASOONNNNN TENNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!
    expansion 2 is next after 9.5, not season 10
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    expansion 2 is next after 9.5, not season 10

Oh yeah, I'd completely forgotten. :D
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses from the Devs ...

Any chance then that we could get an "official" response to the following thread in the Graphical and Sound Issues Sub-forum? Or should I copy and paste all the relevant posts into this thread?

Solonae (and possibly other ) EV suits make your toons body disappear ...

Many of us have done a great deal of experimenting to discover the root cause of the issue, and have pretty much nailed it down, however we are STILL waiting for even a cursory "were looking into it" reply ...

If you need any more information, such as Character @handle, Race Info, Level etc. please feel free to PM me.

Recently, a bug regarding the EV Suits was "resolved" internally - but that was over a month ago. Apparently it's still happening based on what you've posted. So, I'm sending this to some coworkers for further investigation. Forgive me for asking, but can you state the character's race, rank, faction, and other details that this is happening on? You can also send me a PM if you'd like that information private. If we don't hear from you, one of our team may in fact contact you for further information.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks to crypticfrost, the EV Suit bug was repro'd and I sent out a fix. (This is the bug pertaining to the Dyson EV suit causing problems on a female character that's wearing the Romulan Shoulder Pads or the Klingon Spine Armor) . The resolution data should be going through testing and out to you in the near future.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited June 2014
    The Solanae EV suit also makes my body disappear on a KDF Klingon Female wearing the Korath costume.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Just noticed today that the Full Body Wetsuit disconnects the hands at the wrist on my LibBorg Klingon Male.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks to crypticfrost, the EV Suit bug was repro'd and I sent out a fix. (This is the bug pertaining to the Dyson EV suit causing problems on a female character that's wearing the Romulan Shoulder Pads or the Klingon Spine Armor) . The resolution data should be going through testing and out to you in the near future.

Only if such effort could be put into the KHG costumes lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Just noticed today that the Full Body Wetsuit disconnects the hands at the wrist on my LibBorg Klingon Male.

Thanks! - I'll get it to our resident swimsuit artist to get fixed.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    The Solanae EV suit also makes my body disappear on a KDF Klingon Female wearing the Korath costume.

From what I can tell, the fixes to that EV Suit that I made should fix that issue. It should be going through internal testing this week and then out to you guys soon after.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    From what I can tell, the fixes to that EV Suit that I made should fix that issue. It should be going through internal testing this week and then out to you guys soon after.
    mattachine wrote: »
    I do hope that includes the Alien Host pattern so that it also covers the entire body just like the pattern does on Trills and the ESD DJ. Will we also get that glow material for patterns like the ESD DJ has?

Here is a bug that I've reported since the dawn of time but so far nothing has been done to fix it. Seeming as it works on the male population in the game how to make it work should be within the boundaries of what the company is capable of doing.

First an image with all the sliders set to medium, but with the Pitted pattern as that is supposed to be linked to Spines - Dual head attachment.

Zoom

horns1.png

I've now added the Spines - Dual attachment and am trying to realign the pattern with them as they do not seem to be linked for female aliens like they are for male aliens. I got some of the spots to match in the forehead with the spines.
    Zoom

horns3.png

However in the back, not so much.
    Zoom

horns2.png

Here I moved the sliders to show just how ridiculously horrible this bug really is.
    Zoom

horns4.png

In this last picture I changed the sliders to the other side to show that the spins never ever moves, no matter what setting you pick.
    Zoom

(A 5th image was suppose to be here but the forum limits the amount to 4 images only)

This bug is the same no matter if you're KDF Alien Female, ROM/REM Alien Feamle or FED Alien Female.

The above bug has been in the game since day one. Yet you have never said you would fix it or when. Other bugs that are newer you do fix. Does that mean you do not intend to fix all the old bugs in the game? Clearly there has to be a list of all the bugs that have been reported in and when they were created. So you can see how old a bug is and prioritize some of the oldest ones as well and not only the new bugs.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    With regard to the spines and other "bare skin" and "organic" costume parts - all of that falls into our rework of the bare skin options. That work is on-going and will be updated to the servers as it gets completed. We plan on hitting the "bigger" issues of the over all bare skin textures and materials first, and then from there we will hit things like those spines and other organic options.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    With regard to the spines and other "bare skin" and "organic" costume parts - all of that falls into our rework of the bare skin options. That work is on-going and will be updated to the servers as it gets completed. We plan on hitting the "bigger" issues of the over all bare skin textures and materials first, and then from there we will hit things like those spines and other organic options.

YAY! Praise the Q:s! :D

I've tried to get a response to this for 4 years. Thank you! *hugs*

I have a follow up question:

Does this mean we will get sliders for Fluorescence (for the patterns), Skin Oiliness (as not every species are dry), Chest Hair Amount (for our Riker-esque toons), Furry Skins (all aliens aren't hairless) & Scaly Skins (for the lizard type of aliens)?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Furry Skins (all aliens aren't hairless) & Scaly Skins (for the lizard type of aliens)?
    *ears perk* these are EXTREMELY relevant to my interests

as an aside, can you also see about providing some of the various parts on premium species for use on alien characters if you have that species unlocked?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    skymagus00skymagus00 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Does this mean we can expect the infected skin texture to cover the entire body in the future? I would love to see that, as currently my main toon - a giant, boss-sized alien - uses it and looks terrible in anything showing skin below the neck (I use her as my forum picture, so that should give you some idea).

I would post a picture of her in her Risian swimwear here... except I'm not sure on posting images to the forums, and she looks so hideous in it you probably wouldn't want to see anyway (although, her heavy tank type of build really doesn't help) :eek:. She does, however, look really good in armour, particularly the new CC rep gear.

Also, for reference, when I give her dreadlocks, they tend to float slightly above her forehead. Fortunately, this isn't very obvious unless you look closely from the wrong angle.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This isn't so much of a bug, as it is kind of funny, but when I first log into my character's for the day, if they are wearing swim wear they first appear either completely naked (sometimes groin area is blurred, other times not blurred), or have a bikini bottom on before the swim shorts render.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    ukomegaukomega Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Has the Liberated Romulan Male Risian Beachcomber Feet issue been addressed yet?

Did the grind last year and unlocked this outfit last year, only to be hit with the Rayman disease of missing limbs. Bare foot wasn't an option and shins were invisible.

According to the Patch today (19th June) this problem has been fixed.. Well.. it really hasn't. Yes.. i have shins now.. (praise the little things) but there still isn't an option for Bare Foot...

7zdvm.jpg
    Transaprent2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014

I have a follow up question:

Does this mean we will get sliders for Fluorescence (for the patterns), Skin Oiliness (as not every species are dry), Chest Hair Amount (for our Riker-esque toons), Furry Skins (all aliens aren't hairless) & Scaly Skins (for the lizard type of aliens)?

Glowy patterns for skin is an interesting idea. And yes, we have thought about furry options for aliens. For now, the basic plan is to get the existing bare skin options completed; beyond that any additional things will be added after. What you've mentioned are interesting things, and I will bring them up with the other artists to consider.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ukomega wrote: »
    Has the Liberated Romulan Male Risian Beachcomber Feet issue been addressed yet?

Did the grind last year and unlocked this outfit last year, only to be hit with the Rayman disease of missing limbs. Bare foot wasn't an option and shins were invisible.

According to the Patch today (19th June) this problem has been fixed.. Well.. it really hasn't. Yes.. i have shins now.. (praise the little things) but there still isn't an option for Bare Foot...

7zdvm.jpg

Yes, you are correct. Suffice to say, thanks for pointing that out - We will definitely send it back for another fix.
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Glowy patterns for skin is an interesting idea. And yes, we have thought about furry options for aliens. For now, the basic plan is to get the existing bare skin options completed; beyond that any additional things will be added after. What you've mentioned are interesting things, and I will bring them up with the other artists to consider.

I know this is more for bugs than suggestions, but since glowing has been brought up... I've wanted glowing eyes (specifically glowing irises) since day one. Champions has had that since launch and I know it's more superhero alien than Star Trek alien.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)