What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway - Day 1 [Now Complete]

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nakedcrook, let's say that the free item event never happened at all. No mention of any, nothing. You would go on with your gameplay and not complain. That's what's happened up to this week, and now the devs give something extra, and take NOTHING away from the KDF, so they can't have gotten screwed over if NOTHING was taken away.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    I'll thank them when KDF gets something

So Wednesday, Thursday and Friday?
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What makes you think they won't be giving away KDF-only stuff tomorrow, Romulan-only stuff on Wednesday, etc?
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We have a Klingon faction?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can understand some of the irritation, first day of a free giveaway and not gettin anything is kinda irritating.

Its the one flaw in this weeklong giveaway, since its items people may have gotten in the past, you may end up with a player not getting anything an thus feeling frustrated and irritated.

Personally, I'm not upset but thats mostly because im just too jaded to care. If it were me, i would give away zen equal to say 50% of the items value to those who already own it to maximize happy players.
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Infinitely recursive complaining for the win!

One of my favorite signatures from another game's forum, which I have mentioned before, is still relevant here:

If the game spit out free $20 bills some people would complain that the bills weren't sequentially numbered. If the Devs patched them to be sequentially numbered those same people would complain that it wasn't sufficiently randomized.

People don't complain without legitimate reason.

Excluding the whole "KDF got nothing" debate, the people who have not benefitted from this offer are people who paid money for their DS9 Uniform.

The least anyone could do would be to say "Thank you for supporting us". No one is entitled to a refund for something they purchased and was later offered for free. But it's common courtesy to apologize for unintentionally being unfair to a person or persons.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "got"?

Sorry, this implies that the "TRIBBLE" stopped at some point. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    protogoth wrote: »
    What makes you think they won't be giving away KDF-only stuff tomorrow, Romulan-only stuff on Wednesday, etc?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=823101&page=2
    As I mentioned in my posts in the main thread (click here to see them all), on the days that we are giving away ships (3, Wednesday through Friday), there will be a Fed and KDF ship to claim -- on the days that are not ships (today and tomorrow), it will be Federation only.

No Romulan items will be given away as they are less than 3 months old.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

There's the answer to that.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree. It's like we are getting nothing for supporting the game.

"Here ya go, free stuff for people who haven't given us money! Oh wait, there are some people who have already paid for this item... Ah, don't worry about them, we got their money!"

In the very least, reputation compensation boxes should have been given out. Similar to the Omega conversion crates.

"You'll get nothing and like it!"
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    dughaldughal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As I mentioned in my posts in the main thread (click here to see them all), on the days that we are giving away ships (3, Wednesday through Friday), there will be a Fed and KDF ship to claim -- on the days that are not ships (today and tomorrow), it will be Federation only.

No Romulan items will be given away as they are less than 3 months old.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Aw, I was really kinda hoping "formal wear" would make it into the rewards, as those actually unlock for everyone of every faction (including Romulan).

(At least, my testing on Tribble seems to indicate that.)
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tbh it was kinda expected KDF get nothing, I mean two days that are non ship and with only 1 dedicated* costume c-store item....

Yeah, that's all we got in the first place, KDF academy uniform, cant give away the whole of a c-store section, for two days xD

Though i would have thought a bridge costume pack,... at the very least with all things considering
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    So players who are KDF-only got screwed today. A Fed only outfit? Pretty lame Cryptic...pretty lame.

Cryptic needs to rethink this (Fed Only) Giveaway event. KDF only players will not like this if every day has a reward for Fed Only.

Your position today vis-?-vis the game is no different than it was yesterday. If you're actually trying to say that your experience is made worse by other's being made better, then you might want to re-evaluate your opinions.

I'd also expect that the number of players who *only* have a Klingon faction character represents a very small fraction of the total player-base. I really think that if you don't have at least one Fed, one KDF and one Rom, then you're doing yourself a disservice.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013

[/COLOR]

There's the answer to that.

Hm. Well, that's bogus.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ... since its items people may have gotten in the past, you may end up with a player not getting anything an thus feeling frustrated and irritated.
    Compare it to Christmas at Grandma's. You open up your present and it is either:
    a) something you like but identical to one you got for your birthday 4 months ago, or
    2) something you'll never use. Like a Bill Cosby sweater. (You youngsters, go watch some Cosby Show on hulu+ and you'll get it. ;) )

Oh yeah, and whatever it is came from a thrift store, so you can't return it.

Some people will respond "Thanks, grandma, I love it." and mentally put it in the regifting pile.

Some will roll their eyes and sulk all through dinner.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    BITCHMOANWHINECOMPLAINSWEARBEEFSULK!!!!

Anyways, moving on.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This one had me worried, since I only have one character of each faction and my Fed had already used the Outfit Box - DS9 Uniform Set. Long story short, I found the Deep Space 9 Uniform to be "Available" at a "100% Discount" and used "Claim" to get the account-wide unlock. I'll go look at the Tailor later and see if it unlocked anything new.

Thanks! :D
    tahnalos wrote: »
    BITCHMOANWHINECOMPLAINSWEARBEEFSULK!!!!

Anyways, moving on.

Is it odd that I broke that up as COMPLAINS WEAR BEEF?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I can understand some of the irritation, first day of a free giveaway and not gettin anything is kinda irritating.

Its the one flaw in this weeklong giveaway, since its items people may have gotten in the past, you may end up with a player not getting anything an thus feeling frustrated and irritated.

Personally, I'm not upset but thats mostly because im just too jaded to care. If it were me, i would give away zen equal to say 50% of the items value to those who already own it to maximize happy players.

If I was them, I would apologize for unintentionally being unfair to paying customers.

But, apparently, apologies are too costly for them?
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was really hoping for the Jupiter uniforms but what can I say, it's free. Only if those trousers weren't so bugged...
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Compare it to Christmas at Grandma's. You open up your present and it is either:
    a) something you like but identical to one you got for your birthday 4 months ago, or
    2) something you'll never use. Like a Bill Cosby sweater. (You youngsters, go watch some Cosby Show on hulu+ and you'll get it. ;) )

Oh yeah, and whatever it is came from a thrift store, so you can't return it.

Some people will respond "Thanks, grandma, I love it." and mentally put it in the regifting pile.

Some will roll their eyes and sulk all through dinner.

Maybe except there is a very simple way they could have compensated people who already have it, such as a chunk of zen or as someone suggested in another post a box that gives rep marks.

Besides in many cases, A can be returned and something else gotten.
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If I was them, I would apologize for unintentionally being unfair to paying customers.

But, apparently, apologies are too costly for them?

How are they being unfair to paying customers, Lockboxes are where Cryptic gets paid from, not uniforms so just because some people did not buy the uniform does not make them non paying customers.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice, maybe tomorrow will be a KDF give-away?
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

KDF players will get three free ships. Quit winging.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the uniform, I got the DS9 uniform from my pre-order :D
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    damix4damix4 Member Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please read the community manager's comments in this thread. He stated three to four times already (in this thread) that FED Uniform Today and Tomorrow. Ships Wed, Thr, Fri
    Will do in the future :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    How are they being unfair to paying customers, Lockboxes are where Cryptic gets paid from, not uniforms so just because some people did not buy the uniform does not make them non paying customers.

Cryptic gets revenue from any purchase of ZEN (Real money -> ZEN). Where that ZEN goes to is of no relevance. It's already a profit.

Regardless. Cryptic made a free gift offer available to everyone, but some people don't get to benefit from it and are excluded. The polite thing to do would be to apologize. It doesn't cost them anything to do so, and it's common courtesy.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the gesture. Respect flows both ways though.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic gets revenue from any purchase of ZEN (Real money -> ZEN). Where that ZEN goes to is of no relevance. It's already a profit.

Regardless. Cryptic made a free gift offer available to everyone, but some people don't get to benefit from it and are excluded. The polite thing to do would be to apologize. It doesn't cost them anything to do so, and it's common courtesy.

Why would they apologize for something that is above and beyond normal, and which does not take away from anyone in any way?
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As for the ships, T2-4 ships are pretty useless giveaways since nobody uses them when they reach lv50. Bran did mention a T3 one iirc. However, if it has a console it might still be slightly useful. Otherwise it would just be slot filling, and I only keep T5 ships anyway.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Normally I wouldn't care that someone is complaining about Cryptic.

This stuff is free though. The stuff we get will undoubtedly be meh, hence a GIVEAWAY but instead of saying thx 4 free stuff you proceed to complain about it?
    pvp = small package
This discussion has been closed.