test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway - Day 1 [Now Complete]

Comments

• ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Good deal. I had this one from my Collector's Edition way back when, but it's cool to see more people getting their hands on it. It also makes sense since DS9 stuff was second place on the recent poll. Looking forward to all the other cool stuff. :)

Thanks for posting. I also have the Collector's Edition and didn't realize I already had this unlocked.

Not finding it on the C-Store, I checked the tailor. From there I was confused with the first screen options "Deep Space Nine Bundle" along with other stuff. It was only after I hit "Uniform" and then "Upper" that I realized I had it.

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    what there to thank for?

I got nothing. there nothing to thank for. Basically like normal it PWE and Cryptic flippinh the bird long time supports who spent money on the product.

And you know this how...for all you know DS9 uniform was not own by a majority of players who spend a lot of money on other things like lockboxes and ships, but not uniforms.

My friend has been here since beta, got the regular version of the game, and just now got a Free DS9 uniform because he only gets ships.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • venetar90venetar90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    redheadguy wrote: »
    The first freebie is a costume I already have? :D I just can't help but laugh at that! Keep'em coming!
    damix4 wrote: »
    Thank you for giving us free stuff :)

Kdf will get their item tomorrow. Rom items are too new (they are still making money from those items). So there is no reason to feel cheated.
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

That is REALLY not the same. Its also an inappropriate thing to talk about on the forums, you know, racial stuff and taxes and all.
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have basically zero interest in the DS9 uniform (i'm not interested in any uniform if I can't by extension make the rest of my crew wear the same), but I claimed it nonetheless and thank you Cryptic for giving away free sh*t.
  • vonamicusvonamicus Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The DS9 uniform is unvailable to my Federation characters in the Z-Store today at 11AM Pacific Time. I have never purchased it previously. It is not listed in the Z-store at all (nowhere in the list of uniforms in the Appearance tab). If I go to the tailor and attempt to apply a DS9 uniform bundle to any Fed. character , the tailor offers to sell the bundle to me for 2,250 zen (thus, I truly have never purchased it in the past). I tried relogging, and logging in on every one of my different Fed characters, but still it is not listed in the Z-Store.
    =/\=Von Amicus=/\=
    12th Fleet
    Fleet Executive Officer
    SigRA.png
  • dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Let me tell you this
    • I'm lifetime
    • I'm playing for 18 months
    • I have both federation charaters and klingons characters

DS9 uniform doesn't appears in c-store => appearance tab.
    I went to DS9, to the tailor. No DS9 uniform.
    By the way. The game crash each time I'm doing something in tailor. Thank you very much for this new bug.

I don't send mail to GM because cryptic support doesn't exist. All mails go to /dev/null

I don't expect any fix. I'm just tired about bugs. Again and again. It's really tiring.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    stofsk wrote: »
    I have basically zero interest in the DS9 uniform (i'm not interested in any uniform if I can't by extension make the rest of my crew wear the same), but I claimed it nonetheless and thank you Cryptic for giving away free sh*t.

Well you can give it to all your BO.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice, although I already owned it on my LTS account, I didn't on this one :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks :) I already got them on my chars from a lockbox, but having them account wide is a nice plus, plus they are part of my crew's uniform (enlisted personnel) :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ydrisselleydrisselle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Whoa. That's nice; I'm curious what we will have after this one! :D
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    Captains, again, if you are not seeing the item in the C-Store, you already own it (e.g. past C-Store purchase, bought off exchange, bought for Lobi, have it in the Collector's Edition, etc.). You can verify this by visiting the tailor and putting on the uniform.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vonamicus wrote: »
    The DS9 uniform is unvailable to my Federation characters in the Z-Store today at 11AM Pacific Time. I have never purchased it previously. It is not listed in the Z-store at all (nowhere in the list of uniforms in the Appearance tab). If I go to the tailor and attempt to apply a DS9 uniform bundle to any Fed. character , the tailor offers to sell the bundle to me for 2,250 zen (thus, I truly have never purchased it in the past). I tried relogging, and logging in on every one of my different Fed characters, but still it is not listed in the Z-Store.
    Let me tell you this
    • I'm lifetime
    • I'm playing for 18 months
    • I have both federation charaters and klingons characters

DS9 uniform doesn't appears in c-store => appearance tab.
    I went to DS9, to the tailor. No DS9 uniform.
    By the way. The game crash each time I'm doing something in tailor. Thank you very much for this new bug.

I don't send mail to GM because cryptic support doesn't exist. All mails go to /dev/null

I don't expect any fix. I'm just tired about bugs. Again and again. It's really tiring.

If the uniform does not show in C-store appearance tab, you DO own it.

Okay, I'm not trying to be rude but do not try to apply the DS9 bundle in the tailor as this is for an admirals jacket, NOT the DS9 uniform being given away. Go to the uniform tab at the bottom of the appearance page in any tailor and look under "Upper". The DS9 jacket should have a green check by it.
    If, and only IF, it does not appear where I'm telling you, file a ticket as it would be a genuine bug, otherwise it is a PEBCAK issue.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Congrats to all the folks getting the DS9 Uniforms for Free!

I got mine on my LTS account back when I purchased my Collector's Edition of the game. However, my Silver/Alt account doesn't have these yet, so I'm going get them Free, there.

Thanks Cryptic!

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Seems most people are thinking they are given the Ds9 bundle. It isn't it the Ds9 uniform and there is only a top half
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013

all I know is that the 'TNG Split Bottom pants' are screwed up.

they look awful, mismatched material, and what's up with the swirly lace patterns on the calves that can even be color changed ???

Give us back the TNG split bottom pants that looked good, please.

neoakiraii wrote: »
    Well you can give it to all your BO.

I know that; I was talking about the extras who walk around the insides of your ship.
  • ulfgarionulfgarion Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If the uniform does not show in C-store appearance tab, you DO own it.

Okay, I'm not trying to be rude but do not try to apply the DS9 bundle in the tailor as this is for an admirals jacket, NOT the DS9 uniform being given away. Go to the uniform tab at the bottom of the appearance page in any tailor and look under "Upper". The DS9 jacket should have a green check by it.
    If, and only IF, it does not appear where I'm telling you, file a ticket as it would be a genuine bug, otherwise it is a PEBCAK issue.

As I said: Tried this and the tailer wants 550 Points from me...I definitly don't own this uniform.

I can see both DS9 Uniform types: DS9 and DS9 Admiral (which is 2250 points <- does someone realy pay this much for something noone ever notice ingame?).

And when I use the DS9 jacket for example the purchase says it costs 550 points...

Edit:

Just 2 DS9 Uniform options at the tailor:
    Upper Body
    Category: Uniform - Jacket Loose
    Upper:
    Option 1: Deep Space Nine - open (costs 550)
    Option 2: Deep Space Nine Admiral (Costs 2250)

Is this right that there are only 2 DS9 Outfits available? Normal "open" means an own category.
  • deathkgtdeathkgt Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you PWE/Cryptic for this summer giveaway. It's refreshing to see you give back to your player base, even if some are ungrateful for your generousity.
  • chairmanrobchairmanrob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is positively zero reason why anyone should complain over something free. If you already had the item in question, great. You are not entitled to anything other than what you pay for. I sincerely hope this is the last thread made on this topic while this giveaway goes on.
  • chairmanrobchairmanrob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you devs for the DS9 uniform. I look forward to what other surprises you have for us.
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is pretty cool. :)

I already had that uniform on my main account though, from the deluxe edition, but got it on other acc.

Also I honestly hope you get to sell some extra costume slots from this. :)
    signwidrona.png
  • robpivarnikrobpivarnik Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are excited to announce that today's FREE C-Store item is the Deep Space 9 Uniform! Read more for full details, including claiming instructions.

Click here to read more.

HELP!!!

I logged in as my FED admiral, but my C-Store isn't showing the DS9 uniforms. I thought maybe I'd already claimed it somehow, but the in-game tailor says I don't own the DS9 set.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?
    Un ami est quelqu'un qui te connait bien, mais t'aime quand meme.
  • prynnceprynnce Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    The DS9 Bundle comes with the DS9 Admiral's Uniform, which is quite nice to be honest.

That doesn't tell me whether it is the same?
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013

the TNG pants are messed up !

they are not even the same material as TNG or DS9 tops...and what is with the stupid swirly lace things on the calves that yo ucant even change the color on ????

give us back the original TNG Split Bottom Pants please....these look AWFUL !!!!!

joeykoric wrote: »
    The DS9 uniform is a Fed only outfit. If you are a Romulan this is not an option that you could choose. Bran has said that to claim any of the free items you have to meet the requirements for that particular items, such as faction, rank etc etc.

I am FED and have been max level since launch! I have not bought in the lobi store, nor have I bought the collectors edition, and the only thing I see in the tailor is ds9 bundle, and a few messed up blank options at the bottom of the list.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I logged in as my FED admiral, but my C-Store isn't showing the DS9 uniforms. I thought maybe I'd already claimed it somehow, but the in-game tailor says I don't own the DS9 set.
    It's not a set from the main drop-down. Its just an upper. Go edit your uniform slot, turn off unowned items, choose Upper, look for Deep Space 9. Just the top.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Brandon you should ask the c-store guys to do an "Already Purchased" thing on these uniforms like they do with things like EC limit unlock
  • maarkeanmaarkean Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My values are based off the ZEN cost of the item in the C-Store. No Tribbles are being given away during this promo.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Based on this info, I predict this:

Monday: Uniform 550 Zen
    Tuesday: Uniform (I'd say TNG) 550 Zen (1100/7500 total)
    Wednesday: Fighter (I'd say Peregrine and To'Duj fighter) 500 Zen ea (2100/7500 total)

That means for the starship we'll either be getting a 750 Zen ship on Thur and a 2000 zen ship on Fri, or a 1000zen ship on Thur and 1500 Zen ship on Fri. However, since there are no 750 Zen ships on the Klingon side, the second option is more likely. Though, Brandon's 7500 figure was only approximate so who knows.

Possible combos:

Thursday: Starship (my call, Norgh BOP refit, Adv Heavy Cruiser)
    Friday: Starship (my call, Vor'cha refit and Sao Paulo class)
  • buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wait a second, I thought the free item was the Nukara Tribble. I logged in today and it was marked as claim, 4 of my characters on Holodeck have claimed one. I also though TRIBBLE was a Tribble reward and I don't have a Tribble account.

Unless this was always there and I never saw it before.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    there are TWO... 1, 2 ... If you don't count the space suits.

There is the Acadamy and the Mercenary. Since they probably make money off the Merc and EVERYONE could have actually used it, its doubtful.

Logic dictates that any KDF reward must be the Acadamy.

Oh, that's right; I completely forgot about the Academy uniform.

Hopefully that's coming. :)
This discussion has been closed.