What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway - Day 1 [Now Complete]

Comments

• Options
    mazikenmaziken Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm hoping tomorrow is a KDF-only give-away, to be fair and all.
  • Options
    captxaxascaptxaxas Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm not seeing the DS9 uniform under the Appearance Tab. I have never bought it or the DS9 bundle pack before.
  • Options
    verline1verline1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    its called looking a gift horse in the mouth.

People will find something to complain about, and we arnt even past the first day.

its free, a lot of people have it yes, some of us have it in boxes sitting in banks because it was in lock boxes, its on the AH, but its free. Its not going to be for everyone, things that are free rarely are for everyone.

If its not for you, move on, see what tomorrow brings.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic gets revenue from any purchase of ZEN (Real money -> ZEN). Where that ZEN goes to is of no relevance. It's already a profit.

Regardless. Cryptic made a free gift offer available to everyone, but some people don't get to benefit from it and are excluded. The polite thing to do would be to apologize. It doesn't cost them anything to do so, and it's common courtesy.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the gesture. Respect flows both ways though.

Apologize for something EVERY company in the plant has done....yeah good luck with that.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    Wow, really? Cryptic doesn't have to give anything away for free you know...

Yes, they do not have to, but if they're going to, then they should be fair to all sides about it.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Why would they apologize for something that is above and beyond normal, and which does not take away from anyone in any way?

That last part is incorrect. It takes away from a promise that ended up being unfulfilled.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Btw, OP, you do realize there is only one KDF uniform, which being an only KDF you've probably bought. So, if they gave that away, would you complain that you already have it?
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That last part is incorrect. It takes away from a promise that ended up being unfulfilled.

Promise...?

When did they promise anything?
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They give something away free and you complain...

How about thanking them for even giving something away free?

Yep, i think you missed the point of the OP.

And as much as i would like some free KDF stuff.... there is *nothing* serious that isn't a ship.
    i would like more KDF content in general (even as c-store stuff).
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here's something:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11867811&postcount=504

Yes, I tried it and got my freebie!

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    verline1 wrote: »
    its called looking a gift horse in the mouth.

People will find something to complain about, and we arnt even past the first day.

its free, a lot of people have it yes, some of us have it in boxes sitting in banks because it was in lock boxes, its on the AH, but its free. Its not going to be for everyone, things that are free rarely are for everyone.

If its not for you, move on, see what tomorrow brings.

Indeed. I hope that the next free item benefits everyone, as opposed to today.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why are people saying that purchased DS9 uniforms don't show in the store menu? It supposed to show at the bottom, but darkened out with "Purchased" on it.

But it is always supposed to show.
  • Options
    mazikenmaziken Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmmmm, no love for the KDF players ...

This is why I stopped producing content on the Foundry.
  • Options
    xblazex#7666 xblazex Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Didn't have this thank you!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Promise...?

When did they promise anything?
    To end of our Summer Event with a bang, we are excited to announce that we will be giving away FREE C-Store items next week! As we will feature something different every day, you won?t want to miss out!

Every day around 10AM PDT, starting this Monday, August 12, 2013, and until next Friday, August 16, 2013, we will be posting a news article letting you know which item is free! To claim it, simply log into the game on an eligible character (we?ll list the eligibility requirements for each item in the individual news posts), visit the in-game C-Store, navigate to the item listed in the news post, and click the ?Claim? button before the next day?s giveaway. The best part is that the price for each of the announced items will be 0 ZEN, and they are account-wide unlocks!

We hope you are as excited about this awesome promotion as we are, and we thank each of you for making this year?s Summer Event such an incredible success.

We'll see you in-game!

1) "we will be giving away FREE C-Store items". That's a binding statement right there (and it's not a part of the forums, that was a news article).

2) Eligible character. Entire accounts were never mentioned, only eligible characters.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im fairly sure there used to be 1000s of those on the Exchange for 5-10K

So, I'm going to save 5-10 thousand EC. My point is no less valid. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    1) "we will be giving away FREE C-Store items". That's a binding statement right there (and it's not a part of the forums, that was a news article).

2) Eligible character. Entire accounts were never mentioned, only eligible characters.

I still don't see how they didn't fulfill a promise. They 1) gave away a free C-Store item today. And for #2, you just have to claim it on an eligible character, which would be fed in this case.

Sooooooo.... again I ask, what broken promise?
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ulfgarion wrote: »
    As I said: Tried this and the tailer wants 550 Points from me...I definitly don't own this uniform.

I can see both DS9 Uniform types: DS9 and DS9 Admiral (which is 2250 points <- does someone realy pay this much for something noone ever notice ingame?).

And when I use the DS9 jacket for example the purchase says it costs 550 points...

Edit:

Just 2 DS9 Uniform options at the tailor:
    Upper Body
    Category: Uniform - Jacket Loose
    Upper:
    Option 1: Deep Space Nine - open (costs 550)
    Option 2: Deep Space Nine Admiral (Costs 2250)

Is this right that there are only 2 DS9 Outfits available? Normal "open" means an own category.

Deep Space Nine - Open is from the Uniform Jackets bundle.

The standard DS9 uniform should be somewhere below that.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    protogoth wrote:
    Yes, they do not have to, but if they're going to, then they should be fair to all sides about it.
    1. No, they don't.
    2. Life isn't fair.
    3. No one is stopping you from rolling a Federation toon.
    4. There very well could be KDF specific items coming later in the week.
    1. Correct, they are not obligated to make it fair for everyone. However, it's courtesy to apologize to an unintentionally, unfairly treated person/party for not fulfilling a promise.
    2. That doesn't justify anything.
    3. True.
    4. That's correct. It's only Monday and Tuesday that do not benefit the KDF.
  • Options
    tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lolol, people are trippin'.
  • Options
    arcanefusion1arcanefusion1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No catch. Log in and claim. That's it. :)

I will say in advance that there will not be any Romulan items given away (e.g. Romulan costumes or ships) as they are pretty brand-new.

And on the days (yes, days plural!) that we're giving away a ship, there will be a KDF ship and Fed ship (you'll need to claim each on the appropriate, eligible character). So, there will actually be more than 5 ;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

from http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=820931&page=3

said nothing about items just ships so sorry if your kdf only at least your 1 fed toon will get something from day 1 :)
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Uhhh, Brandon, based on the posts I've read, I'm going to have to ask for confirmation:

Do we need to create a new federation character in order to claim the DS9 uniform if all our current characters have already purchased the character unlock from the Lobi store, the Cardassian lock box (back in the day), or the Exchange?

If so, will a Foundry character be able to claim it?

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited August 2013
    Playing KDF myself for some time - I have to ask this:

How can they give away a free uniform if the KDF has none?

They want to do a uniform giveaway - but I don't think they have made KDF uniforms.

And DS9 was a Starfleet station.

Many people have asked for KDF costumes for awhile - the fact that the KDF has none(or 1) is more of a problem than the free giveaway.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Uhhh, Brandon, based on the posts I've read, I'm going to have to ask for confirmation:

Do we need to create a new federation character in order to claim the DS9 uniform if all our current characters have already purchased the character unlock from the Lobi store, the Cardassian lock box (back in the day), or the Exchange?

If so, will a Foundry character be able to claim it?

I had gotten the DS9 uniform box on my main character, then went into the c store today on that character and claimed the account unlock.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    maziken wrote: »
    I'm hoping tomorrow is a KDF-only give-away, to be fair and all.

No!
    It may be fair, but since KDF has nothing <EDIT:that's not a ship> than can be given away...
    As I mentioned in my posts in the main thread (click here to see them all), on the days that we are giving away ships (3, Wednesday through Friday), there will be a Fed and KDF ship to claim -- on the days that are not ships (today and tomorrow), it will be Federation only.

No Romulan items will be given away as they are less than 3 months old.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited August 2013

And of course the ungrateful pieces of **** just can't resist taking a TRIBBLE on something companies pretty much never do.

Is it that hard to think beyond ''waaaaaah i no get cryptic y u no apologize and bow at feet'' and be happy for others for a change?
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    arcanefusion1arcanefusion1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    no one said they had to be fair .. it's there game if they chose to give stuff away it's up to them .. so sorry no QQ about fairness ..
This discussion has been closed.