test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway - Day 1 [Now Complete]

Comments

• ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Again, I'm not demanding or even suggesting refunds.

I was making the point that those people who do want refunds are being seriously naive.

I also stated why Cryptic shouldn't give the apology you suggested in your posts.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmmm,

It's not in my C-Store appearance tab?

It's not in any of the other tabs either? Shouldn't it show somewhere in the C-Store if we already bought it?
    edited August 2013
    Hmmm,

It's not in any of the other tabs either? Shouldn't it show somewhere in the C-Store if we already bought it?

Check the tailor. Go into Uniform -> Advanced -> Upper. It should be in there if you already have it.
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the attempt, and I am happy that my friends and fleetmates within the game can now share in the same uniform I have worn for quite a while now.

I don't believe I'm entitled to any sort of refund or physical compensation like others have demanded. All I ask for is a simple apology for lack of balance and misleading players/certain groups of players. That's it.

Apology for the outburst then, but little irritates me more then people griping about a company giving away in total 60/70 Euros/Dollars worth of content.

I also believe people that bought it already, aren't eligible.

I don't think they should go around apologizing and saying how sorry they are for wanting to give away free content, that makes it sound like we don't want them to ever thank us.

It is a tough luck situation, already have something, tough luck, the next day it might be something you don't have and someone else does.

To say that Cryptic is misleading and treating people unfairly is just asking for Cryptic to never even burn their fingers with something like this again, hey, if you don't want free stuff, glory to you I guess.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I knew there would be complaints, Free stuff today that cost you zen yesterday doesn't change what you have right now.

You paid for the privilege of getting it sooner.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    It's not unfair treatment.

I've already explained that.
    That applies to everything. Everything in the C store has been bought by at least one person; therefore, anything they give away is only to a 'select amount of the population'. So if they gave away an inventory expansion, I would then be treated unfairly, according to you, because I've already bought the max amount of inventory on my main character.

Exactly. Anything that they give away for free will affect at least one person who has already purchased the item at full price. That player will NOT benefit from the giveaway event.

Thereby, every free giveaway event is unfair to at least one person in the game. It doesn't matter whether a giveaway happens only once in a blue moon, or every day of the week. It is unfair treatment.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,434 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was able to read and understand "eligible character". That's why, even though I don't care for the design aesthetic or many of the early missions, I'm working on grinding a KDF toon up to where I'll be able to claim the KDF stuff when it comes up. (Thank heavens for the Nimbus III arc - I got four levels there alone!)

If I didn't make a KDF toon, it would be entirely my responsibility that I didn't get the KDF giveaway. Similarly, if you didn't bother to play Fed (and if you didn't, how did you make that Klink? Until LoR, at least, you had to get a Feddy up to around lvl 20 or 25 before you could roll with the ridgeheads - not sure if that restriction's been lifted), it's not Cryptic's fault if they're giving away something you're not eligible for.

And of course if you've already bought it, you're ineligible to claim it - see my comparison to my Xfinity subscription in the other thread. Cheap come-ons are only available to new customers there, so I can't get them. This giveaway is only available to people who didn't buy it back when it was still a new shiny. I don't see the issue.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • peegopeego Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anyone else having a hard time getting these to show up in the Cstore as per the instructions on the main page?

I am not able to find it as well.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Exactly. Anything that they give away for free will affect at least one person who has already purchased the item at full price. That player will NOT benefit from the giveaway event.

Thereby, every free giveaway event is unfair to at least one person in the game. It doesn't matter whether a giveaway happens only once in a blue moon, or every day of the week. It is unfair treatment.

It would be unfair treatment if something was taken away. They are not hurting those who already paid for the uniform, nor doing anything that would constitute 'unfair treatment'. They could just not do the giveaway at all, but instead decided to go above and beyond.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am outraged that the free item is not something I want! Outraged, I tell you! This is a travesty! An injustice! I demand compensation in the form of a T5 Constitution class starship!
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is an old expression, to kick a gift horse in the mouth.

I think a more accurate description in this case would be "to drown a gifte horse in tears"
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Please find out what that means before returning.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Where are the account-wide Tribbles again...?

My very rare trible of borg was account wide (purple one, not the new gold1)
    edited August 2013
    peego wrote: »
    I am not able to find it as well.

Chances are you already have it then. Go to the tailor -> Advanced -> Uniform -> Upper. It should be there.

If you pre-ordered the game (or got the Collector's Edition), you may have got it then, in which case, follow the steps I outlined above.
    edited August 2013
    It would be unfair treatment if something was taken away. They are not hurting those who already paid for the uniform, nor doing anything that would constitute 'unfair treatment'. They could just not do the giveaway at all, but instead decided to go above and beyond.

Cryptic offered the giveaway only to people they deemed eligible. Players who were not eligible were neither informed nor given the opportunity to make themselves eligible/accept the situation. Their eligibility was revoked without them even knowing about it. That pretty much constitutes unfair treatment.

True, they could have just had a normal day, but they chose to make an item free. The gesture is appreciated by a lot of players, perhaps even by the people who did not benefit (such as KDF centered players). That still does not change the fact that it was unfair.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's excellent! I picked up a costume box for one character some time ago, but it'll be nice to have this one as an account-wide unlock.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The DS9 Uniform gives a nice combadge. Other than that it's pretty dull, but I don't look a gift horse in the mouth so yeah...
    edited August 2013
    bones1970 wrote: »
    My very rare trible of borg was account wide (purple one, not the new gold1)

Where do you get the Gold Tribble of Borg? :eek:
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmmm,

After having claimed it, I see it on the bottom of the appearance tab.

However, if you want to be certain you have it account-wide already, create a new Federation character. Even a Foundry character will suffice - you just need to test a mission.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited August 2013
    CoH did something similar they called Freebie Fridays with their store for a short while and they had one guy on their forums actually complain that the free items they were giving away was like "giving a starving man rotten maggot infested food that would kill him if he ate it."

And he really lost his temper when people started laughing at him for posting that remark. :P

Someone actually said that? :eek:
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the DS9 uniform. Bought it off the exchange once and now nice to have it account wide.:D
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • kamipoikamipoi Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so noone noticed that this is a costume thats already basically free since it was in the feringi box and that box has been run 3 times now? not that im complaining saves me a few ec...
    edited August 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »
    After having claimed it, I see it on the bottom of the appearance tab.

However, if you want to be certain you have it account-wide already, create a new Federation character. Even a Foundry character will suffice - you just need to test a mission.

I checked at the Tailor and I do have it, but it doesn't appear in my C-Store appearance tab or anywhere else in my C-store, except I have the DS9 Bundle, which I believe includes this?
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic offered the giveaway only to people they deemed eligible. Players who were not eligible were neither informed nor given the opportunity to make themselves eligible/accept the situation. Their eligibility was revoked without them even knowing about it. That pretty much constitutes unfair treatment.

True, they could have just had a normal day, but they chose to make an item free. The gesture is appreciated by a lot of players, perhaps even by the people who did not benefit (such as KDF centered players). That still does not change the fact that it was unfair.

Tell me, have you ever heard of "gratitude", or indeed "common sense"? If you previously paid for it, you paid for the pleasure of getting it earlier.

By your logic; I got the uniform with my pre order of the game. I should expect an apology for unfair treatment, because I paid for it.

I don't expect an apology, because it is NOT unfair!
    edited August 2013
    I checked at the Tailor and I do have it, but it doesn't appear in my C-Store appearance tab or anywhere else in my C-store, except I have the DS9 Bundle, which I believe includes this?

The DS9 bundle does not include this uniform. It includes the Vedek Robes and the DS9 Admiral's Uniform. The DS9 Series Uniform is a separate store item.
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So there's only a DS9 shirt no DS9 specific pants?:confused:
    I'm asking because the TNG pants the DS9 uniform auto sets doesn't seem to match the top like it does in the picture...while the DS9 admiral 2000zen pants do match. So I'm wondering if there might be some sort of error there or the picture is just misleading because they took it with pants you don't actually get.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Am I too late for the pity party?

On three everybody

1 ...
    2 ...
    3 ...

Aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I hope the OP feels better now.

Now this made me laugh lol

Aaaaaawwwwwwwwwww
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People don't complain without legitimate reason.

You obviously aren't American...lol.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Tell me, have you ever heard of "gratitude", or indeed "common sense"? If you previously paid for it, you paid for the pleasure of getting it earlier.

By your logic; I got the uniform with my pre order of the game. I should expect an apology for unfair treatment, because I paid for it.

I don't expect an apology, because it is NOT unfair!

This.

It is NOT unfair.

End of story.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • majinsyllusmajinsyllus Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps you forgot KDF have no costumes?
This discussion has been closed.