Install Arc
Options

Let's Trade Foundry Reviews!

Comments

• Options
    donperkdonperk Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Updating it now based on your feedback. I do have one question though. Curious what it is about the name "M'Row" that made you smile.

Well, he is a Caitian, which is a feline-humanoid species, and "M'Row" could be pronounced "muh-ROW" (ow as in "ouch" not as in "toe"). Basically, the name looked like a meow to me. :)

I'm very fond of cats -- I have five living with me in a 3000 sf house -- so I hear vocalizations like "m'row" often.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Now I'm going to check out Sins of the Fathers. I'll post my review here.

w00t! The Raven and the Marionette has me curious -- I may take a look at it tomorrow night.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    donperk wrote: »
    Well, he is a Caitian, which is a feline-humanoid species, and "M'Row" could be pronounced "muh-ROW" (ow as in "ouch" not as in "toe"). Basically, the name looked like a meow to me. :)

I'm very fond of cats -- I have five living with me in a 3000 sf house -- so I hear vocalizations like "m'row" often.

Ah I see. I didn't even think of it like that actually lol. It just seemed to flow well with the Caitian prefix.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Ah I see. I didn't even think of it like that actually lol. It just seemed to flow well with the Caitian prefix.

It's actually a cool Caitian name -- it's just one of those things that is funny to a non-Caitian ear. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well hopefully you can finish the mission this time with a much better experience. Removed one of those redundant maps and adjusted spawns.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    stormcrow704stormcrow704 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey Donperk. On Sins I have no idea where I'm supposed to go after talking to the companion.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hey Donperk. On Sins I have no idea where I'm supposed to go after talking to the companion.

I've been worried about that, even though the Companion gives you directions relative to her and the MissionInfo gives directions using cardinal points.

Basically if you head down the small SHORT alleyway going WEST from the Companion and then turn around and face EAST, you'll see a glowing door just to your right. That's the entrance.

I may add a reach marker to the map (if I can do that on a Social Map) so that there is a goal point on the mini-map.

The door is really close to where the Companion is, maybe 15 steps away.

EDIT: I remember trying to do this before. You can't place a reach marker on a Cryptic map and only Bajor has a defined Reach Marker on it that you can select from the story board. It's really annoying. The door has the "interact flashes" on it, though, so it's pretty obvious when you are near it.

Perhaps I could have the Companion "lead" you there and use a Map Global transition? It seems a bit contrived, but it doesn't require any explanations.

EDIT 2: *sigh* I do remember going through all this before. You can't do a global transition from a Cryptic map to a custom map -- you must specify a door or interaction object in the zone.

So... any suggestions on how to clarify where to go next would be greatly appreciated -- though, honestly, there are two separate descriptions of how to get there in the Companion's dialog.
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's not too late to join this, is it? :U

If not, I want to submit mine up to anyone who's interested:

Title: (Rom) Infinite Shift
    ID: ST-HHPWQSYIL
    Author: Intuitive_Aptitude
    Language: English
    Allegiance: Starfleet (Fed Romulan)
    Level: 31+

My review of Infinite Shift by @Intuitive_Aptitude

This is an amazing mission that everyone should play. The story is good with a large amount of back story (I will admit I did not read all of it ) and good tech. However the thing that stands out the most is the amazing map design. Some of the maps that Intuitive_Aptitude could be some of the best and most detailed that I've ever seen. It's clear that a lot of effort was put into the mission. 5/5

I did run into some bugs though, which are no doubt side effects of the incredibly detaield maps. Things such as boffs and NPCs stuck in detail objects. It didn't detract that much though. I listed the places I had problems down below.

Specific things:

Map - Celes System Space
    Nice Map

Map - Deck 9
    Nice custom bridge interior
    Invisible wall going down ramp, can't continue, restarting map
    Made it down the ramp this time, figured the previous problem happened because the bad guys ran up the ramp where i cleared them out and the invisibl wall went up
    new problem, jem hadar stuck in teh wall i had to use a quantum mortar to fight it
    it eventually jumped out of the wall and i killed it
    fight started while i was talking ot the vorta (included a changling)
    Otherwise the map was really really cool

Map - Internment and Deportation Camp
    Very cool map

Map - The Surface
    Wow super cool, one of the best maps I've seen
    Some of the NPCs don't walk they float across the ground. This looks like a foundry costume bug bug.

Map - Carraya IV after dark
    Found borg and dominion troops fighting?

Map - Tal Shiar Facility
    Once again another amazing map
    Boffs got stuck in the ground
    Nice Background
    didn't like the lock breaking puzzle, i didn't remmeber the password so it took me forever via trial and error
    -Map "Change"
    Very cool how you re-use the set

Once again, amazing mission one that everyone should play.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    aceofintuitionaceofintuition Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    My review of Infinite Shift by @Intuitive_Aptitude

This is an amazing mission that everyone should play. The story is good with a large amount of back story (I will admit I did not read all of it ) and good tech. However the thing that stands out the most is the amazing map design. Some of the maps that Intuitive_Aptitude could be some of the best and most detailed that I've ever seen. It's clear that a lot of effort was put into the mission. 5/5

I did run into some bugs though, which are no doubt side effects of the incredibly detaield maps. Things such as boffs and NPCs stuck in detail objects. It didn't detract that much though. I listed the places I had problems down below.

Thanks for the wonderful review, Zorbane! :) I'm glad you like the maps so much, they're one of my favorite things to put together. I've been fairly busy (as I'm sure others have too) but I'll try and take a look at the issues you listed on Saturday, as well as perhaps get another review up in this thread.

-Side note: some of the bugs I do recognize, such as the boffs getting stuck in the floor on the Tal Shiar base map. I've had that issue on every runthrough I've done so far and am not sure how to get around it, TBH. As I understand it, it's probably pathing issues based on the fact that the 'floors' disappear later on, but I don't think there's enough space for me to sink something like an invisible object underneath to help, or if that even would help, given that the object would have to disappear along with everything else...

-Deck 9 has given me some problems previously so this isn't very surprising, but I think I can fix the issues mentioned here.

-The Borg and Dominion has me very confused. :confused: I could've sworn I removed all the Borg squadrons I placed there quite some time ago... Definitely going to look into that.
    INFINITE SHIFT
    my first and currently only Foundry mission is up on the Fed side, intended for a Romulan audience.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yea I understand the jello floor/walls problem, it happens to a lot of people when building a custom map :(

The Borg are near the abandoned warehouse
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
  • Options
    aceofintuitionaceofintuition Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Have been looking forward to reviewing a KDF mission for a while!

The Freebooter's Gambit by bigdogofbria

Map 1: Nimrod System - Delivery Run
    -interesting little ring effect going on here. Actually, I really like it, despite the complaints sometimes given about placing everything on the same y level... I think Donperk summed it up pretty well in that it feels almost like a little cove.
    -Not sure about how I feel about my captain not knowing the Ferasan's name, but I suppose that believability differs between characters.

Map 2: Megar Station - Crew Deck
    - I like the effect of beaming into the smoke/steam right here, I feel like it's a nice sort of setup.
    -Combat IMHO is at a good level, wouldn't have minded seeing one more group in the main area.
    -Speaking of which, the music and background murmur (mostly the background conversation murmur and less the music) kinda threw me for a loop, but i totally recognize that it's imbedded in the map and thus hard to overcome or disguise or whathaveyou. I think a fight in that room would really help that stand out less.

Map 3: Megar Station - Cargo Deck A
    -"That's the nice part about disintegrations. No mess, no fuss." Hahahaha, nice. Liked this bit.
    -I would really like to see some consoles and such in here. For me it's just kind bewildering to walk in and see the chief simply standing in a more or less empty room, not really doing anything, while his station's being attacked. :confused: Give him some consoles and/or generators, or maybe even drop in a door right in front to make it look as though he's kept the enemies out- some quick triggerable thing for the player to interact with would also have the bonus of keeping them on your map just a little longer.

Map 4: Nimbus
    -Ha! Catnip, that's pretty great. :) This works more than fine as it is but I'd also be curious to see who would pick up on it if you didn't explain the catnip at the end.
    -As Donperk said, an explanation for the Cardassians' presence would be really nice.

Finishing Thoughts

Fun little mission that's nice and quick, and with a humorous twist at the end that, when combined with the bits of witty dialogue spaced throughout, actually made me laugh and not groan as I usually do when people make cat jokes about Ferasans and Caitians. Well-balanced too between dialogue and combat. Definitely recommend playing if you're looking for something quick with a sense of humor that isn't too overbearing.

INFINITE SHIFT
    my first and currently only Foundry mission is up on the Fed side, intended for a Romulan audience.
  • Options
    stormcrow704stormcrow704 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thanks ace!

Yeah this mission was sort of a test run for me. The final build is going to be the prologue to my 3 part kdf arc. I plan on filling the 'bar' up with some npc's who drop hints about what's to come in future episodes. I'm going to clean up some of the fights too. I kind of have them only for dramatic effect.

Good tip on giving the station chief some equipment. I like the idea of him bent over a console while the fight is going on around him.

Again- not sure what I'm going to do with the Cardassians. It's tough to find the right kind of cookie cutter bad guy but I do think a speech from the Gul during the last fight would work. Something along the lines of "Do you know what it is you are carrying?"

Thanks for playing. Check out the Raven and the Marionette. Its a little more serious and has some meat to it.
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If anyone wants to review Trek Wars, I'd be interested in feedback to influence an obvious sequel I'm working on.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    casbyness wrote: »
    If anyone wants to review Trek Wars, I'd be interested in feedback to influence an obvious sequel I'm working on.

Welcome to the thread!

If you review a mission on the list (on the front page: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=816401) I'll add yours and also add it to my person list of missions to play.

Also (to everyone) if someone reviews your mission please show the same courtesy and review theirs!

Thanks!
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    ech1011ech1011 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Orders Form The Top

Admiral Kinki Von Balster has a secret mission for you and you alone. Contact him to receive your orders and be ready to search for the most hard to find item in the known universe. Talk and fight your way to finding the Admirals? lost treasure while trying to find out just how in the world it could of ended up in these locations.
    Meet new and interesting beings that can help or hinder your quest. Fight on land and in space as you unravel the web of wonder that is known as ?Orders Form The Top.?

This is my 1st Go and is three maps one land and 2 space, I have spent a long time debugging it and would like some feedback. Remember this is a mission that is aimed at laughing. Pay heed at the names with the mission tasks as they are part of puns found all through out. It also is not a grinding mission, and took quite a while to wright the script and to build it all. Any advice is welcome, and i will get right on checking out a mission on the list. Thank you for just reading the post.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Author: @renegadesteve
    Mission(s):
    Fluidic Relations
    Review.
    A warning beforehand that this mission is long would be nice. But i loved the detail and the extra story put in with all the things you can interact with. Also putting wrong answers that loop you back is great as well. You stop reading because you have to and start reading because you want to, and the story is one of the best i have seen in a long time. The space combat on the 1st part is kind of taxing but once you understand where you need to go it gets better. I felt like the ships kept spawning over and over and it was irksome, but i think i was just lost most of the time because of lack of land marks to see where im at. The 2nd space battle and 3rd however are great fun and challenging to boot. I was amazed i could save 14 out of 14.
    Over all i gave this 5 stars and even 100 dill tip because by the end i was invested in to the plot that i found my self carrying a great deal how it ended. It hooked me and i was glad i took the time to read and interview all the people i could. You may want to make it 2 missions though to encourage people to take there time reading all the interactions. But that is your call I still say i loved it and it was great and safe to say that if it was cannon i would not debate its addition to the ranks of a classic.

Duncan-Idaho
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ech1011 wrote: »
    Orders Form The Top

Admiral Kinki Von Balster has a secret mission for you and you alone. Contact him to receive your orders and be ready to search for the most hard to find item in the known universe. Talk and fight your way to finding the Admirals? lost treasure while trying to find out just how in the world it could of ended up in these locations.
    Meet new and interesting beings that can help or hinder your quest. Fight on land and in space as you unravel the web of wonder that is known as ?Orders Form The Top.?

This is my 1st Go and is three maps one land and 2 space, I have spent a long time debugging it and would like some feedback. Remember this is a mission that is aimed at laughing. Pay heed at the names with the mission tasks as they are part of puns found all through out. It also is not a grinding mission, and took quite a while to wright the script and to build it all. Any advice is welcome, and i will get right on checking out a mission on the list. Thank you for just reading the post.

Very important!!

There's no indication of where this mission starts! No one will be able to play it, and some may even give 1 star because of this.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    ragigoragigo Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I will have a look at:

Star Trek: Saturn I:

I know how much work I've done on my own mission. I will try to keep my comments story related, and to help with some grammar issues. I have gone through my own mission a lot, and I appreciate it when others offer suggestions, that I didn't catch, because I've reviewed it so much.

Misison Briefing:
    Good Direction, Tells you right where to go. but Vulcan should be capitalized, and Wolf 359 has a space.

Beam In:
    Vulcan is a good planet, and there is a tour guide directing you where to go...

Interview w Ambassador:

"Endeavor" is using the Klingon spelling.

Farmer Task: (you can rename the actors also)
    I would suggest instead of Farmer it be a Monk, asking for help to reduce a danger to pilgrims visiting the local monastery.

Mother Task:
    Not bad....
    I'd like to know the Mother's name... So I can write her later.

Beam up to ship:
    Good...

Continue Investigation: Good.
    Wolf 359.
    Good switch
    2nd chat with Yorktown, I like the "accent".

-Ferengi Truck Stop:
    Nice and good fight

-DS9 Meetup:
    Good Timing on Episode Ending...

I'd suggest a run through on the dialogue , but I like it over all and I will recommend it to others to play.
    Fleet Admiral GiGo
    Network Prime Co-Processor

Hearts and Cortexes Graveyard Defense of Starbase 57
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I will add it in the part where you accept the mission but i wanted people to read the briefing when you first take the mission because it is important to the story line. so if you read that you know where it starts. but i will put where it starts at and a waring to read the intro as well ty
    from the script preediting

"This is Admiral Kinki Von Balser I am under cover because we have a problem that I require you to fix. The Super-Secret Death-O-Matic 9000 has passed the field test but we have no way of using it because we lost the keys. I have been here trying to find out leads on where they could be and I have a few leads for you. Remember when talking to anyone about this just call them “The Keys.” We cannot let the Super-Secret Death-O-Matic, fall in to anyone else’s hands. Go to EDS to the terminal outside of the teleporter to get the first intell packet. [Heard off screen] “Dabo” “Shhh he is doing it.” "
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Your way is fine, but you should highlight it at least using [MissionInfo].

However in my defense I was just looking for it to add to the list ;)
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ragigo wrote: »
    I will have a look at:

Hey Ragigo, welcome to the thread. Do you want me to add "Defense of Starbase 57" to the list?
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hi Zorbane. I was wondering where I'm at on the queue. Thanks,
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hi Zorbane. I was wondering where I'm at on the queue. Thanks,

You're actually next in line! As I've been letting everyone know I'm really busy at the moment (rl work and the upcoming Foundry Featured Series which I have a part in) so that's why my own personal play-list is progressing very slowly.

I'll be able to play your mission by the weekend at the latest.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    maninblack017maninblack017 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey Zorbane. I believe you reviewed my first mission Uprising: Act I - Off The Grid. The sequel is now out so I hope you'll take a look at it. Uprising: Act II - The Tempest. ST-HHVBJJLMC. Thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The time has come to see the world as it is." - Captain James T. Kirk
    Twitter - @SDVargo
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hey Zorbane. I believe you reviewed my first mission Uprising: Act I - Off The Grid. The sequel is now out so I hope you'll take a look at it. Uprising: Act II - The Tempest. ST-HHVBJJLMC. Thank you!

Yes I did play part 1!

Do you want your Part 2 to be on the "mission trade" list? The smae "must review a mission first" rule would apply.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    Your way is fine, but you should highlight it at least using [MissionInfo].

However in my defense I was just looking for it to add to the list ;)

You need no Defense you gave and opinion i responded there is no anger I understand we all have lives and are busy. I have been blessed with the abilities of math and science but cursed with the inabilities of subtle human relations. I was being factual and to the point not anger in fact your suggestion to put it in the description is a valid one that i pondered for quite a while.

Sorry if i came off angered, there has been no anger in this and in fact i am happy cause at least some one clicked on the mission lolz.

Thanks,
    review more here in a bit when i can wake up to the point of not nodding off every 2 min.
  • Options
    maninblack017maninblack017 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sure. Sounds good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The time has come to see the world as it is." - Captain James T. Kirk
    Twitter - @SDVargo
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ech1011 wrote: »
    You need no Defense you gave and opinion i responded there is no anger I understand we all have lives and are busy. I have been blessed with the abilities of math and science but cursed with the inabilities of subtle human relations. I was being factual and to the point not anger in fact your suggestion to put it in the description is a valid one that i pondered for quite a while.

Sorry if i came off angered, there has been no anger in this and in fact i am happy cause at least some one clicked on the mission lolz.

Thanks,
    review more here in a bit when i can wake up to the point of not nodding off every 2 min.

lol no worries, its just me embarrassed I missed the detail
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just gave long lost friend a play. I found it to be a lighthearted fun mission that was not to long to play and did not take itself too seriously.

Story: The story had an intriguing time travel premise and fighting Borg on an original series ship was different. the dialog needs a bit of work and there were at least 2 typo's I noticed. I like the subtle humor.

Tech: This mission plays through perfectly it is a great first effort.
    I liked the custom space map and the use of triggers was clever too.
    I noticed at least 2 npcs that looked like they were twin brothers so some more variety would be nice.

Game play: The space combat is challenging I respawned multiple times, The ground combat was not very hard so it was maybe a little uneven.

Grab your Borg spray and give it a try!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Want your mission reviewed? give mine a try it needs plays to qualify for rewards.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.