Install Arc
Options

Tour the Universe cooldown change -- 4 hour cooldown added *now in patch notes*

Comments

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Okay, long story, short meaningful:

if i fly the tour whith my Aventine from Vestabundle, whith [Hypereinject.-Warpcore Mk XI [Coi] [E->S] [ACap] [Trans]], fully scilled coil, diplomatic buffs (DI/RP), i can do one round whithin 15 minutes. That means I can only fly 4 times / hour.

350,000 EC per round, resulted 1,400,000 EC in one hour....

Is that much? Is that to many for one day?

The same i have send to the STO-support... for the answer i still waiting. :rolleyes:

Yes to them that is to much in a given hour, their idea is to keep you grinding till your eyes bleed.

restore the tour, no more of this 10k ec per sector...:mad:

You must not be lvl50 yet, because as you get into the higher lvls, your earning per sector increases till you hit max lvl of 50 for which each sector awards 50k ec's.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    grootmaneergrootmaneer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree... restore the tour the way it was!:mad: Or at least increase the reward per section
    so that players can still "earn" a decent amount of energy credits!(more than one million:D)

Let's face it... the only reason this was done in the first place, is to "force" more players
    to buy zen(converting dilithium takes forever.) - This kind of greed is the reason I stopped
    playing most mmog in the first place - please don't spoil STO for me too! (It's still my favorite).
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree... restore the tour the way it was!:mad: Or at least increase the reward per section
    so that players can still "earn" a decent amount of energy credits!(more than one million:D)

Let's face it... the only reason this was done in the first place, is to "force" more players
    to buy zen(converting dilithium takes forever.) - This kind of greed is the reason I stopped
    playing most mmog in the first place - please don't spoil STO for me too! (It's still my favorite).

I genuinely don't think that's why they're doing it. They're not doing it to encourage us to buy keys to make money - there really aren't that many people that *relied* on tour to make money, it's just one method and there are many others. I firmly believe the nerf to tour will slightly help curb inflation, so IMHO it's a good thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    topset wrote: »
    I genuinely don't think that's why they're doing it. They're not doing it to encourage us to buy keys to make money - there really aren't that many people that *relied* on tour to make money, it's just one method and there are many others. I firmly believe the nerf to tour will slightly help curb inflation, so IMHO it's a good thing.

The only way to curb inflation, is to set a maximum amount you can sell items for based on it's actual value. As it stands right now with no limitations on pricing it simply boils down to the same old greed factor.

• Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GUYS ... WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL?

Blimey ... It takes me about 30 minutes to go around.

So if they only allow you to do it once ...

besides, they only have it on OCCASIONALLY!
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited August 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    GUYS ... WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL?

Blimey ... It takes me about 30 minutes to go around.

So if they only allow you to do it once ...

besides, they only have it on OCCASIONALLY!

So tell me genius, why does a tour that for over 2 years allowed ships to repeat the race over and over for the entire duration of the hour now require a 4 hour cooldown when it only comes up every 15 hours?

and why the reduction in ec earned in the first three regions when i follow the prescribed map route legitimately?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So tell me genius, why does a tour that for over 2 years allowed ships to repeat the race over and over for the entire duration of the hour now require a 4 hour cooldown when it only comes up every 15 hours?

and why the reduction in ec earned in the first three regions when i follow the prescribed map route legitimately?:rolleyes:

The amount of time it's been a certain way is irrelevant. How long was the foundry dilithium "clicky" around before they got rid of it?

Bottom line is that the devs felt that EC generation needed a nerf. They chose to address it by changing the Tour. They wanted to limit it to a maximum payout per toon.
    blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Ummm... what did I miss? And FYI.... its still decent amount of EC.
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The only way to curb inflation, is to set a maximum amount you can sell items for based on it's actual value. As it stands right now with no limitations on pricing it simply boils down to the same old greed factor.

That's nonsense.

The only way to curb inflation is to isolate the amount of EC in the economy, make it a closed system. Not having infinite EC generation from events like tour, and from loot drops. At least make the sinks balance out the EC generation because they're so far out of whack at the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    hotsnfluffhotsnfluff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Same reason why national banks change interest rates. That and they are slow to fix exploits.
    百闻不如一见 PWE motto
  • Options
    xblazex#7666 xblazex Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    The amount of time it's been a certain way is irrelevant. How long was the foundry dilithium "clicky" around before they got rid of it?

Bottom line is that the devs felt that EC generation needed a nerf. They chose to address it by changing the Tour. They wanted to limit it to a maximum payout per toon.

+alot but still will end up the same way

Kadir beneath Mo Moteh

shaka when the walls fell
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,867 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes to them that is to much in a given hour, their idea is to keep you grinding till your eyes bleed.

PWE and its minions cryptic's: main directive is to squeeze every single penny out of you until your urethra bleeds and your nipple is so dried out that is petrified :D

Ohhh my gosh is full of....EXPLOITS...SHUT IT DOWN...no players should be happy
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    xblazex#7666 xblazex Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PWE and its minions cryptic's: main directive is to squeeze every single penny out of you until your urethra bleeds and your nipple is so dried out that is petrified :D

Ohhh my gosh is full of....EXPLOITS...SHUT IT DOWN...no players should be happy

deleted impulse feed but caught myself
  • Options
    kblarghkblargh Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow, you're totally the better man and not some megatroll trying to look otherwise.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    topset wrote: »
    That's nonsense.

The only way to curb inflation is to isolate the amount of EC in the economy, make it a closed system. Not having infinite EC generation from events like tour, and from loot drops. At least make the sinks balance out the EC generation because they're so far out of whack at the moment.

Than I ask you why even bother to sell EC cap increases if you are simply going to prolong a way to make more than 10million thru tour, loot and foundry? Well you can either spend dilithium for zen and spend zen for keys, and sell keys for EC's, or you can sell loot for over marked prices. Either way it's still in the end only play money, and by limiting the amount you can earn from something as dumb as the tour is their way of saying you can't have that much EC's unless you sell some things or grind till it hurts. Even with the tour the way it was I think I actually went over the 10million mark twice, now it will take months if not a year with the current reputation sinks, and running a one man fleet till others wish to join. Do you know what that extra EC's would do for me when it was the way it used to be? More money contributed toward fleet projects in a timely fashion, same for reputation projects, and than I might if I can manage to catch the event twice in one day buy myself a key as a treat. Well looks like no more keys every few days for me anymore along with more grind time for fleet projects to get anything contributed, too bad for those who sell keys because you lost one customer here!!!

• Options
    mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Will you pathetic whiners stop complaining? They fixed the exploit that was "Tour" so get over it!
    Playing since launch in 2010.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LOL

I can't believe this dead horse is still being flogged.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"
    -Seems appropriate here
    :D

Your exploit has been discovered and disabled, get used to it.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    "Get used to it, get over it, do what you're supposed to. Your exploit this, you exploiters that."

Just making a troll staple list here, for convenience. Want to remember all the good advice, and all, in all it's 2 or 3 variations ever since this thread started.

Wouldn't want the stupidity in this thread to go down to any sane level, now would we.
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited August 2013
    mindmage2 wrote: »
    Will you pathetic whiners stop complaining? They fixed the exploit that was "Tour" so get over it!

got that risan corvette yet?

besides you weren't going to use it in the tour of the universe anyway...:P
  • Options
    clearbeardclearbeard Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In case Branflakes is still reading this mess, I thought I'd weigh in with my 2EC.

The most fun part of the Tour for me was seeing how many laps I could manage to get in the hour event. Choosing your ship, gear, and path added some fun and a point to making fast sector ships. Sometimes it would just be a fortuitous way to get a little extra EC and CXP for doing doff sweeps, but that was more incidental than a real point of the event.

If you really wanted to close the exploit/loophole of dropping the mission, there are two easy possibilities that come to mind that won't penalize people who have invested in fast sector speed ships and builds:

1. Revise and normalize the rewards to be per sector block instead of per racial territory. Do that and it becomes slower to only do a few regions and warp back to ESD than to just continue around the galaxy and do the whole thing as intended.

2. Keep track of rewards within the mission, and give out the entire lump sum on turning in the mission back on ESD rather than on a sector-by-sector basis. Further, freeze additional completion of the mission but do not auto-drop it when the event is over, so you can turn it in for partial rewards if you don't finish when time is up.

Personally I think #1 is the more elegant and far simpler solution. Certainly better than the current "you can only do it once, so suck it" hack.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,867 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kblargh wrote: »
    "Get used to it, get over it, do what you're supposed to. Your exploit this, you exploiters that."

Just making a troll staple list here, for convenience. Want to remember all the good advice, and all, in all it's 2 or 3 variations ever since this thread started.

Wouldn't want the stupidity in this thread to go down to any sane level, now would we.
    mindmage2 wrote: »

If these are not TROLLS don't know what else would be....funny that is not being moderated as other threads for the harassing comments put forth here by some irate individuals....and I'm sure they would shut me down for complaining but someone at least is not putting up with it :D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Good sir, are you seriously lumping me in with that crowd, or did you just need to quote more than one thing and couldn't be bothered to reach back more than one page for material to make your point with?
  • Options
    cha0s1428cha0s1428 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    LOL

I can't believe this dead horse is still being flogged.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"
    -Seems appropriate here
    :D

Your exploit has been discovered and disabled, get used to it.

I have been following this thread a while, but haven't posted as I really saw no point.

Devs made their minds up, put it in without saying a word (at first) and that is that.

But I have grown really tired of people saying it was an exploit.

I was one of the ones who ran it by doing 4 sectors, dropping it, and running it again, making about 3.5 million a tour, 4 or so after the sector speed increase.

I never saw this as an exploit at all. I saw it in a way that it was there to give you a boost in EC every day or so, much like Mirror Incursion was there to give you a boost in Expertise, officer reports for dilithium, etc.

I don't see how the tour was any worse than any of those. Hell, the tour had much more work involved to get that kind of money in an hour. You needed either fleet engines, or borg engines, which you had to grind for, you had to build a character specifically for it, or if you didn't care much about wasted skill points and just dump points in driver coil on your toon. You needed a good warp core, expensive doffs, and for the really hardcore, doff hunting for crit chance on driver coil.

You also had to meet up with, or know other people who gave out Diplomatic Immunity and Raiding Party, which, to be fair, was always outside ESD. Also, it was the ONLY time I have seen people working together in a friendly cooperative manner. Klinks didn't NEED to hang out at ESD, as the ONLY reason to be there was to help Feds. It was greatly appreciated though. I would try to give them something, and at the very least ALWAYS said a sincere thank you.

Then, on top of that, you had to time your speed, your path, your warping, your map positioning, transwarping, and slipstream for maximum effectiveness.

Take the Mirror Incursion then. What kind of skill does that take? Q up, FAW/CSV everything inside of 5 minutes, warp out, repeat. Most people don't even stick around to finish it either. Or Officer reports? Do a foundry mission inside this hour window for bonus dil. Again, hardly any additional effort.

However, it is NOT the primary source of Expertise or dilithium, just like the tour the primary source of EC's. It was a nice fun supplement, and a change of pace from the normal grind.

Are there other ways to make EC? Of course. The point is though, this was a nice way to offset the ridiculous costs of the fleet holdings/rep system. On top of that, I worked my TRIBBLE off to get the stuff needed to do the tour effectively. This change has done, and will do nothing to impact the EC economy what-so-ever. It is just another tiny step to make things take longer.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cha0s1428 wrote: »
    I have been following this thread a while, but haven't posted as I really saw no point.

Devs made their minds up, put it in without saying a word (at first) and that is that.

I was one of the ones who ran it by doing 4 sectors, dropping it, and running it again, making about 3.5 million a tour, 4 or so after the sector speed increase.

I never saw this as an exploit at all. I saw it in a way that it was there to give you a boost in EC every day or so, much like Mirror Incursion was there to give you a boost in Expertise, officer reports for dilithium, etc.

I don't see how the tour was any worse than any of those. Hell, the tour had much more work involved to get that kind of money in an hour. You needed either fleet engines, or borg engines, which you had to grind for, you had to build a character specifically for it, or if you didn't care much about wasted skill points and just dump points in driver coil on your toon. You needed a good warp core, expensive doffs, and for the really hardcore, doff hunting for crit chance on driver coil.

You also had to meet up with, or know other people who gave out Diplomatic Immunity and Raiding Party, which, to be fair, was always outside ESD. Also, it was the ONLY time I have seen people working together in a friendly cooperative manner. Klinks didn't NEED to hang out at ESD, as the ONLY reason to be there was to help Feds. It was greatly appreciated though. I would try to give them something, and at the very least ALWAYS said a sincere thank you.

Then, on top of that, you had to time your speed, your path, your warping, your map positioning, transwarping, and slipstream for maximum effectiveness.

Take the Mirror Incursion then. What kind of skill does that take? Q up, FAW/CSV everything inside of 5 minutes, warp out, repeat. Most people don't even stick around to finish it either. Or Officer reports? Do a foundry mission inside this hour window for bonus dil. Again, hardly any additional effort.

However, it is NOT the primary source of Expertise or dilithium, just like the tour the primary source of EC's. It was a nice fun supplement, and a change of pace from the normal grind.

Are there other ways to make EC? Of course. The point is though, this was a nice way to offset the ridiculous costs of the fleet holdings/rep system. On top of that, I worked my TRIBBLE off to get the stuff needed to do the tour effectively. This change has done, and will do nothing to impact the EC economy what-so-ever. It is just another tiny step to make things take longer.

Although I understand you're POV I must make everyone aware that by not complaining in mass for doing exactly the same thing to the mail system 6 weeks ago you people have allowed (actually condoned) cryptic and PWE's new practice of calling an exploit to what they actually designed into the game.

Since I and a handful of other were extremely vocal about the change and were labelled 'exploiters' by those who basically didn't know WTF they were talking about, I claim the same right in this thread.
    ;)

So you know what I went thru for 6 weeks.
    Since the change doesn't really affect me since it's rare that I can catch the event because it's run every 16 hours and I have a job and a life outside this game. Now you KNOW it was YOUR FAULT and players like you that chose not to align with some who saw more into just a simple mechanic change, you weren't there for the rest of the community in it's hour of need.

...And we're all suffering because of it.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    was it my fault too, while we're at it?
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjoMQJf5vKI

this is all i have to say to this thread at this point.
  • Options
    sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cha0s1428 wrote: »

It's been a while to see a well thought out post. Glad you posted.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So let's pretend that we want to stop bickering at each other for the moment and actually want to discuss a solution (as some of you already have) about how we would like Tour to be changed.

Brandon has asked for constructive comments. I have already asked Brandon as to how to the Tour the Galaxy was intended to be ran, from their perspective... So far, no comment.

I have to assume that they want to Tour to be played through so that every sector has been visited... get it?... Tour the Galaxy... not Tour the Chosen Sectors. Right, Brandon?

Ok, now how many times should we go through the Tour, Brandon? Well... why not as many times as we want to within the hour of the Tour?

What happens if a player cancels the Tour assignment? ...They can't pick-up the Tour until the next time it's available! The cooldown kicks-in like the "STF drop penalty."

Anything else that is of concern, Brandon? Lets discuss it!

Summary: Players accept the Tour, if they complete the entire tour, they get to accept it again within the hour of the Tour. If they drop it, they get a 1 hour CD... again, like STFs.

Do any of you players think that this is fair proposal?
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I honestly tremendously doubt Brandon or anyone else up there gives a lick of care about the tour beyond the fact that it used to give you money, which it doesn't anymore.

That seems to be the full and total extent to which they addressed their little problem, the haphazard and lazy manner of which seems to indicate that they fixed all they intended to fix already, and the only thing they want from this thread is it sink into the forum, never to reemerge again.

You know the nice thing about constructive criticism? It's so much easier to ignore.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here's another constructive criticism...

About the "dead horse" thing... it stinks! Literally...

I suggest we use dead cows. We can start making hamburgers!

...AND put them on the Exchange! We have to promise not to ask for more than the marked value. Ok?
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
This discussion has been closed.