Options

STO Outage - 6/13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I Dont Need Proof To Convict You Tal Shiar Dogs Xd
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    samuwritersamuwriter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ontario, Canada this time. Probably not a region-specific issue.
  • Options
    forewmforewm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stuck at retrieving list of characters too :( Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What a f? sad day for Cryptic, they really f? things up again.

The Tour the universe is BUGED
    The Bonus Mark Event is not working
    The login server is not working
    Issue with the Bonus Zen promo

What kind of expansion is this?

I guess we can check off LoR as a Launch FAILURE.

I really think you should apologize (Daniel Stahl) to the community in the next interview you do to see if the shame in not being proactive and letting this expansion go down as the usual crash and burn we have seen in every new update you launch.

:mad:
  • Options
    snowwolf8usnowwolf8u Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hail Cryptic!

Just letting you all know and will post a bug/error event report right after this, BUT not able to connect to the server now. So, I did the update, I allowed the program past Panda's Firewall, I logged in and played, and then went to change characters. That is where everything broke down. It sat at a graphically blank screen w/ just the words Retrieving Character Data. Then Lost connection w/ the Server. So I shut down and logged back in. Same thing as last basically were I get no characters being displayed and eventually showing Lost Connection w/ server. I retried the Panda Firewall allowing the program through and lastly I did Force Verify and still the same problem occurs. Last thing I saw was a post in game where someone was saying there was a problem w/ the PvE que. You guys may want to check out the server. Occurred at about 1745 P.S.T.

Time: 1816 P.S.T.
    Date: 130613
    Snow/Snowwolf/Karlessa Torath
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sador wrote: »
    All this whining. Would you guys like some cheese?

Seriously though, this kind of instability is to be expected with a major release like LoR. When Blizzard launched Burning Crusade the servers were dodgy for months. So don't pretend that this is somehow outside the norm for major MMO releases. As many different machines as interact on an average MMO it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to predict how they will react to each other.

And we filled Blizzard's forums with "My God! Fix this already!" too.

But if you can email me two tickets to the opera or an Off Broadway show, I would be very happy to head out!
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oh and to the apologists, yep, there are other things that "could" be done, but some of us don't have alot of extra time, so when we do budget out our time for sto, we kind of expect it to work, and the "whining" isn't whining at all, it's simply voicing our frustration that we expect a certain level of service for something we paid for. If you went out to eat, a waiter takes your drink order and never comes back ever....you'd be upset, or if you buy a movie ticket walk in sit down and no movie ever plays you'd be upset as well. this is no different. so it's not whining, just a simple way of voicing dissatisfaction with the service that the player base (paying and not paying) are receiving.
  • Options
    jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Server not responding at the end of a mission then the game crashed. Now cant get past character retrieval. Dumps to login server time out. 20 mins been trying.
  • Options
    xapoxapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    damn i drunk alot of energy drinks -.- and cant play now dare you :D

*screaming loud up to the sky*
    CRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPTIC
  • Options
    sapyrothsapyroth Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are any of you by any chance not subs or lifers? Cause I ain't and I got the same issue.. Just wandering if they are bouncing us for that reason alone to make room for the "VIP" lol...
  • Options
    weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everyone seems to be experiencing this at the moment, but this thread should probably be in the bugs section...
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
  • Options
    khazimirkhazimir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic, you are an embarrassment to every video game developer who has ever existed!

How has Dan Stahl not been fired yet?!

They weren't bad when they ran City of Heroes and City of Villains. Since then, though, they've literally gone down hill. Been having server issues all weekend after that last "server stability" patch last week.

People complain about CCP's track record on patches and bugs affecting their systems, but at least you can still play Eve. The last major hiccup was when they released their newest Launcher. They got if fixed within in a few hours AND compensated everyone too boot. Not many companies will compensate their playerbase for some screwup anymore. Never heard of Blizzard doing it, Cryptic nor NCSoft has ever done it. That is why CCP has so many loyal customers. All game development companies could learn a thing or two from them.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tygresss wrote: »
    Logged in this morning ok:D logged in after shard maint, took forever to get patch downloaded but got on ok :) just tried, see zen promotion :rolleyes: several types of login erros trying to retrieve characters :eek: very nice please please please get STO it's own server

STO has its own server. Provable by the fact that I am currently logged into Neverwinter but can't get into STO.

I think it's an issue with retrieving character information from Holodeck.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    thomas7906thomas7906 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ive been playing STO since beta and with the amount of bugs this game has I think a big pestaside bug killer spray is needed. Now with all of the money we seem to be spending on this game you would think maybe just maybe you could back off building new ships and gear for the store, and FIX THE BUGGS , just an after thought. I'm tired of it and I'm starting to wonder why I spend one penny more paying for something that does not work??:mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    jrmotorsports88jrmotorsports88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the servers are down i had same problem
  • Options
    lonestar1017lonestar1017 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thanks anyway.
  • Options
    mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    as i said they have no full crew working at night, so they have to call in their it guy, that is also why there is no posting of the outage.
    Greedy stingy mf'ers
  • Options
    sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jake477 wrote: »
    This server breaks up and crashes more than a Taylor Swift album.

I lol'd. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    smtjt wrote: »
    i think we should do some kind of protest , but i know that wont work because we going to say to those people that is just game blah blah, man my political science teacher was right we are the to noting generation argh

And the fact that they have the attitude that its just a game is sad. if their cell phone company did the same level of service or that shiny new car that they pay hard earned money on every month just stopped randomly in the middle of the street every other day. trust they would be in an outrage. good customer service is good customer service no matter what the product is, no matter if its a Game, shiny new car or a $1 cheeseburger. Its your PAYING customers that keep the lights on and also PAYS your check. :)
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • Options
    gcjmgcjm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no the server just crashed
  • Options
    midknight3376midknight3376 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is anyone else having difficulties getting past the Retrieving character screen right now??:mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    daeryn17daeryn17 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am also having this problem and I haven't even played this game yet. So far, I am having a terrible first impression. I had some questions after creating an account, but for some reason I am not allowed to post a topic in the forums to ask them. It took forever to get in game and make a character. I spent the time to really customize one, and now I cannot play. It keeps saying "Login Failed for unknown reason". Is this normal?

As a huge trek and mmo fan, I just want to try the game out and see if I'd enjoy it. But honestly, I am getting really discouraged at this point and might just move on. I was so amped and excited to play this.
  • Options
    thivorthivor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here got the login issue as well
  • Options
    spudman67spudman67 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wouldnt it be grand if everytime the server crashed or login failure happened we could buy zen for free while the outage happened.... maybe then they would take this as serrious as us!!

Or if a server crash dumped 1mil of refined dilithium in every characters account. That would get them jumping.
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well here we go again on the servers being screwy after that slow patching this morning. fully expect the usual server stability patch they been "updating" every like 1-6 days
  • Options
    jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    still down here too.. login server time outs
  • Options
    tinnydancertinnydancer Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Not exactly sure what you are doing every time you do a server maintenance when the only patch notes are Server Stability but,... It doesn't appear to be working.
  • Options
    stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Again, really, why is anyone here surprised?
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • Options
    bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just when we had an Orion Girl night on base sheesh....... again as always this server goes down more than an Orion Girl on Orion Girl Nite lol....................
  • Options
    valetheonvaletheon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Um.. I don't believe this is the case as the game is down for everyone.
    "Sometimes we're freakin idiots, and that's fun" -Fleetmate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One of many reminders that i'm not a REAL Romulan. >_<
This discussion has been closed.