What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage - 6/13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    weatherman22weatherman22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good to know I'm not the only one, I thought I had broken something.
  • Options
    ianpondianpond Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stuck on retrieving characters in Austin, TX.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    robodik wrote: »
    Since there's an outage and I'm still new to this game, Is it possible for me to name my ship something manly and mighty like Robodik's ****?

Since the forum censored it out, I'd vote no.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    randell1randell1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please someone tell me i'm wrong, but i just scanned through this thread and don't see a response or acknowledgement from cryptic

Nope nothing from Cyptic yet:mad:
  • Options
    brennon1972brennon1972 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good to know its not just me, why don't they just shut down the servers and say its offline instead of making me think it was an issue with my computer?
  • Options
    bullschizzybullschizzy Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the green 'server up" status window says "Working as Intended":rolleyes:
    "buying a subscription to STO is a lot like feeding pigeons, you give them food, they give you.......well you know":rolleyes:
  • Options
    tenlaratenlara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ...... Still not working and no updates..

sad face :-(
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bi0f0dd3r wrote: »
    oh and to the apologists, yep, there are other things that "could" be done, but some of us don't have alot of extra time, so when we do budget out our time for sto, we kind of expect it to work, and the "whining" isn't whining at all, it's simply voicing our frustration that we expect a certain level of service for something we paid for. If you went out to eat, a waiter takes your drink order and never comes back ever....you'd be upset, or if you buy a movie ticket walk in sit down and no movie ever plays you'd be upset as well. this is no different. so it's not whining, just a simple way of voicing dissatisfaction with the service that the player base (paying and not paying) are receiving.
    Very well said, and for the record....noone plays for free!! Everyone has to pay for internet service. And, there's no way in hell I would pay to play this game in it's current state with the issues that never seem to get fixed. Even a small improvement would be nice at this point. JMHO
  • Options
    forewmforewm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sapyroth wrote: »
    Are any of you by any chance not subs or lifers? Cause I ain't and I got the same issue.. Just wandering if they are bouncing us for that reason alone to make room for the "VIP" lol...

Nah that's not it.
  • Options
    gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Belief manifests reality
  • Options
    mystwraithmystwraith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stoneloki wrote: »
    Again, really, why is anyone here surprised?

lol not surprised at all, actually becoming very very disipointed in what is a great game. :(
    ever since the LoR began there has been more and more problems. And nothing seems to be done about them, at least not that can be seen. And it keeps getting worse.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cidjack wrote: »
    I am waiting for that one poster that says, "THE SERVERS ARE UP"

And then 20 replies "IT ISN'T WORKING FOR ME"

It's not working for me either :D:P
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    spudman67 wrote: »
    Or if a server crash dumped 1mil of refined dilithium in every characters account. That would get them jumping.

lol yes sir only for people that try to log in durring the outage though. or not hmmm na we are all effected at one time but the log in thing is a good idea
  • Options
    aeysaeys Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same problem... small patch... massive problem.
    "It is strange that the years teach us patience; that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same issue .. so glad I spent money on zen earlier
  • Options
    crappynamerulescrappynamerules Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sapyroth wrote: »
    Are any of you by any chance not subs or lifers? Cause I ain't and I got the same issue.. Just wandering if they are bouncing us for that reason alone to make room for the "VIP" lol...

I'm subbed. And it has never exempted me from connection issues, including this one. The unsubbed people honestly probably generate more revenue than the subbed ones, especially people who picked up lifetimes when the game started.

Server is actually listed as down now though, so they are probably working on it.
  • Options
    khazimirkhazimir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please someone tell me i'm wrong, but i just scanned through this thread and don't see a response or acknowledgement from cryptic

Nope, you're not wrong on that. Nothing from Bran or anyone else from Cryptic at this point. What were you expecting? Them getting on the forums right away to apologize for this newest screwup and that they would have the servers back up and running within 15 minutes? :P
  • Options
    csbastiancsbastian Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its Dead Jim! Server not responding.... Unable to Log In...... Unknown Reason...... Really? Please Guys.... STOP FIXING THINGS!

I was happy to spend money in game.... I am a life timer.... I would love to take advantage of the ZEN Bonus...... But since i am losing all faith in a game that i have spent lots of time and lots of money on.... whats the point.
    Sadly im not alone in this view.

I understand that the Refer a Friend promotion is coming back... Good Luck!
  • Options
    codexenacodexena Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am getting timeouts when retrieving characters. It seems they have a network issue going on yet again :(
  • Options
    isee1isee1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you have to admit there is a problem in order to respond. and I mean look around do you see any problems here?
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    miirik wrote: »
    oh, game is messed up?

i just got done with a borg defense mission, went to leave sector, nothing happens but my ship is still gone, but it's then invisible and i'm flying around and can't leave the sector

tried re-logging, heck even restarting my comp (silly i know) and now i'm stuck on "retrieving list of characters"

so i'm not the only one having problems?

no you aren't the only one, lol
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    sinc0sinc0 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    big68earl wrote: »
    Ok bring the pop corn, .. what will be more fun to watch, the folks crying about not getting in to the game or the folks threatening never to play again. Nerd rage it is more fun to watch then Gorn TRIBBLE.

:D

Wow, what is not more fun to watch than Gorn TRIBBLE? Get out much, do we?

Besides, the nerdrageon is also F2P, so expect it to get soaked up just like the game.
  • Options
    smtjtsmtjt Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    I say people need to stop spending money on this game until they fix their ****. I am done buying any more TRIBBLE until they get it running smoothly again.

i will now
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    isee1 wrote: »
    you have to admit there is a problem in order to respond. and I mean look around do you see any problems here?

I see a problem, my sig sucks.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    modmike1981modmike1981 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this is getting to be a pain been trying to play now for an hour and game keeps timing out on loading character list anyone else getting this
  • Options
    alphacycnusonealphacycnusone Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cairella wrote: »
    Yeahhh.... connecttion to the log in server timed out.........and serious lag..I couldn't even leave k7............can we have a real explination?

yeah same too me Login Server Timeout very slow all the whole evening,many PPl reported in Chat about Lag and long loading Screens.
    The patch Server was slow too after Sto was again online after the Patch.

Cryptic please give your Servers in competent hands let it PPL doe they know what it must doe...thats go now for Weeks and get not better......:rolleyes:
    A Star has died in a massive Supernova Explosion,at the same time he gave us the life.
    Yes we are all just made ​​of Stardust.
    After a certain time the Stardust starts even to think.
    Is that not fantastic?
  • Options
    sheepdog911sheepdog911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same issue. Unknown error and login issues. I hope we get a dev out here soon to fix this thing.
  • Options
    bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Careful now. That sounds pretty darn close to constructive criticism... and that has no place here..... Only shameless rants !!! :D:P:D

lulz, meh, can't get angry, just get constructive :)
  • Options
    noriekunorieku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Holy **** I'm sick of the "This instability is expected, stop raging about it."

$&#@, raise your standards.

Its like going to Tacobell and trying the new nacho's to find out they're made of arsenic. "**** guys, sorry... we'll get a fix out quick!" After you put your friend in the ground you go back and eat them yourself. "**** guys, sorry... we'll get a fix out quick!"

At some point companies are held accountable for their **** service. In the hospitality industry, companies go though millions to keep customers happy. In the gaming industry they take your money and tell you to go #$%@ yourself.

Wake up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    seabee22ndseabee22nd Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    are they freaking doing anything about this issue, ive seen no responses from the as of yet
This discussion has been closed.