test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Marks Weekend Event [Now Ended]

Comments

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just ran Tau Dewa alert during the normal fleet mark event time and got 75 marks. So looks like normal FM is working, but not the weekend event.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sorry aegon1ice ....I did not mean to quote you.

Ha Ha. Just give it up. YOU FAIL.
  • cptkiucptkiu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmm, maybe this is a bonus fail?
  • mightionnymightionny Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If I were a cynic, I'd call it a typo - it's not Bonus weekend; it's more of a Bone-Us weekend. :D Humor disclaimer.

But yes, I was puzzled when I did Azure Rescue last night and got.... sixteen marks, when outside of bonus hour I'd never gotten less than 20 before.
    edited June 2013
    Just did The Cure Found regular. 686 marks before, 705 after = 19 marks. 15 for completion and 4 for optional success = NO BONUS MARKS!
  • ratzapratzap Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bonus mark event weekend and the launcher won't even update. Very typical, great stuff
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alrighty so I found something weird.

I'm in a small fleet that always need FMs. Because of this, I always spend my FMs as soon as I get them. As a result I always have a running balance of 0 on all of my characters. I never save them up. I ran some FM stuff last night and spent them as usual. I just checked my inv tab to see my Rom marks and found that I have 25 FMs sitting there. That can't be right as I spend them as soon as I get them. I haven't run anything that rewards FMs today yet either.

Is this some sort of like delayed bonus somehow? I play Fleet Alert and Colony Invasion for my FMs and neither of those only give 25. They give out 50+ normally. So...what's going on here? I shouldn't have any FMs at all.

I should also mention that I didn't start any projects either. I donated my full amount last night and shouldn't have anything left over.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This doesn't surprise me as most of season 7 broken content is still broken and they put out something like this bonus weekend that doesn't work either... figures.
    edited June 2013
    I keep reading on Twitter and on this forum that you are posting "A FEW" of the events are bugged. Can you tell us which ones are working correctly and which are not? Reading all the posts, it seems it is MOST of them are not working, not "A FEW" as you keep writing everywhere. You must have some idea of which ones are working to be posting this all over. Any list you could provide of the working ones would really help us all to not waste our time. Thank You.
  • curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you run an event and it bugs on you then they meant that one.
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so when will they fix this. I keep doing borg stfs and still have not received any bonus marks. I have checked my totals before the stf and after and its not a graphical error, THERE ARE NO BONUS MARKS being given.
    edited June 2013
    curs0r wrote: »

You must work for Cryptic with that answer.LOL
  • curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You must work for Cryptic with that answer.LOL

No sir. I've just been around long enough to observe the formula. Such formulae are much easier to maintain than lists and specific information.
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so when will they fix this. I keep doing borg stfs and still have not received any bonus marks. I have checked my totals before the stf and after and its not a graphical error, THERE ARE NO BONUS MARKS being given.

They won't. We've been told to deal with it, and not to forget to buy Zen while we're (apparently) getting 15% bonus on it..
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same deal everyone else is reporting.

Verified no bonus awards on any Nukara ground missions or Vault Ensnared last night.

Not much of an event...
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yeah really this shouldn't still be getting advertised on the main page as none of the missions are giving bonuses outside of the scheduled bonus times. Event fail.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    curs0r wrote: »

You not in public relations for a large multi-national or a politician are you??:eek::P;)
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    Yeah really this shouldn't still be getting advertised on the main page as none of the missions are giving bonuses outside of the scheduled bonus times. Event fail.

Maybe it's not effecting everyone - or maybe people aren't noticing?

If they were all effected and noticing you think this would be 1000 comments and a couple hundred pages deep by this time?
  • bidwiqbidwiq Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this bonus mark event dont work:
    kase without opti give only me 60 OM
    ise with opti 60+15 OM
    this is standard non bonus mark reward

half of event is gone and still dont work
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    smtjt wrote: »
    as far as i know your the 1% not the 99% that hasn't gotten the bonus which leaves 3 conclusion.
    1. your a cryptic fan boy
    2. your working for cryptic
    3. your delusional cause back in the real world most of us are not getting the bonus
    Or, it's like f9thaceshigh thought and I had some other Fleet Credit bonus in play at that time. As it turns out an Azure run gave no bonus Nukara Marks.

As for you, my conclusion of you starts with a "d" and rhymes with "mooch".
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Maybe it's not effecting everyone - or maybe people aren't noticing?

If they were all effected and noticing you think this would be 1000 comments and a couple hundred pages deep by this time?

I think there's a higher chance that it's effecting everybody but some people haven't noticed or don't care. I mean there are several people who have posted in this thread about the STFs who didn't even know that the STFs normally grant a reward between two numbers so one minute they said they'd got the bonus, then they didn't etc. But it turned out they were just getting the normal ranged rewards.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I'm not getting any bonus marks either.

What is going on, Cryptic? :confused:
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mightionny wrote: »
    If I were a cynic, I'd call it a typo - it's not Bonus weekend; it's more of a Bone-Us weekend. :D Humor disclaimer.

*golf clap*
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • locozocolocozoco Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you are going to setup an event like this try to ensure that is going to work before you have it set to go live.

Way to go Cryptic. DAMN, I'd call this "bait and switch", to advertise something and to give us the opposite; Cryptic surely knows how to drop the ball.

This is another fine mess you have gotten us into.

Will this event work at all this weekend?? If not, will Cryptic be extending the event? Rescheduling it? Or just sit on the problem and just laugh?
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    locozoco wrote: »
    If you are going to setup an event like this try to ensure that is going to work before you have it set to go live.

Way to go Cryptic. DAMN, I'd call this "bait and switch", to advertise something and to give us the opposite; Cryptic surely knows how to drop the ball.

This is another fine mess you have gotten us into.

Will this event work at all this weekend?? If not, will Cryptic be extending the event? Rescheduling it? Or just sit on the problem and just laugh?

Probably the latter knowin Cryptic took them long enough to fix the daily sever stabilitys and about a fortnight to fix a simple mail bug
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kencyr11kencyr11 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nukara definitely not giving bonus marks either. just did about 2 sets of 4 missions and got the same rewards as 'normal' times.
    checked rewards tab, assets tab and the reward pop up. same old same old.
  • danteandersendanteandersen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can confirm that New Romulus missions are not rewarding bonus marks as advertised. Missions that grant 10 Romulan Marks normally are granting only 10 Romulan Marks, not any increased amount as it should.

EDIT: After seeing the reply from BranFlakes earlier in the thread that this will not be fixed before the end of the weekend, I'll be playing TSW, since I know their Double XP/Black Bullion Weekend event WORKS.

-END OF LINE
  • katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic really is pathetic now that PW assimilated them. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So is the official response from cryptic going to be no response and to ignore this until the event is over and just pretend it never happened?
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How do we stand here? I've run four toons each not reieving the bonus marks on the rep projects. The web site states a bonus weekend but this doesn't work, the devs know, this is false advertising to get people into the game.

It doesn't work take it down, say sorry compensated those who have logged on since it started for the loss of marks, a simple xp bonus token on future rep marks would be nice.

Will never happen until some one gets the lawyers in.....
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
This discussion has been closed.