test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Marks Weekend Event [Now Ended]

Comments

• askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So is the official response from cryptic going to be no response and to ignore this until the event is over and just pretend it never happened?
    There has been an official response, use the dev tracker to see it or look back in this thread.
    litchy74 wrote: »
    How do we stand here? I've run four toons each not reieving the bonus marks on the rep projects. The web site states a bonus weekend but this doesn't work, the devs know, this is false advertising to get people into the game.

It doesn't work take it down, say sorry compensated those who have logged on since it started for the loss of marks, a simple xp bonus token on future rep marks would be nice.

Will never happen until some one gets the lawyers in.....
    This isn't false advertising at all. Parts of the event work and they are aware not all of it works.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    askray wrote: »
    This isn't false advertising at all. Parts of the event work and they are aware not all of it works.

I'd really love some conformation on the 'parts that work'... Because the missions Bran listed last night, did not work for me or my friends today.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To clarify: None of the events award bonus marks outside of the standard 3 hour marks event. But that is beside the point. Whether partially or totally, the weekend event is broken and we have now ran out of time for a fix before it finishes.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Again, I'll ask the question where's Dan Stahl? He has been out of sight for all these major debacles since LoR was released. (Except of course for those sheltered conversations with gaming sites looking for publicity and the ask cryptic where he can cherry pick questions.) Now we have a front page advertised event not even functioning and no response from those who make decisions. I'm sure the Zen event is working just fine or they would be all over it. Let alone crazy latency and patch issues... I just decided to play other games until they get some QA going on. If I see launcher problems I'm not even going to bother. The EP should definitely get in front of his product's problems instead of hiding behind the scenes somewhere.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To clarify: None of the events award bonus marks outside of the standard 3 hour marks event. But that is beside the point. Whether partially or totally, the weekend event is broken and we have now ran out of time for a fix before it finishes.

The moral to this story is that normal operation of the game is the best route. Any promotion or event will break whatever part of the game is being enhanced. Avoid the blue plate special and stick with the meat and potatoes. The game is obviously too complex for impromptu events. Only proceed with what has been play tested on tribble first. (Gee, do ya think they would test out these 'bonus' events on tribble before sending them to holodeck?)
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bonus weekend my TRIBBLE. Cryptic you actually thought the players wouldn't notice that it's not working?
  • ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    revlot wrote: »
    The moral to this story is that normal operation of the game is the best route. Any promotion or event will break whatever part of the game is being enhanced. Avoid the blue plate special and stick with the meat and potatoes. The game is obviously too complex for impromptu events. Only proceed with what has been play tested on tribble first. (Gee, do ya think they would test out these 'bonus' events on tribble before sending them to holodeck?)

Yep.
    Even if it was working the code to remove the "normal" bonus marks event was too difficult for them so they left it in. Fortunately, that's the only way we'll get bonus marks this weekend.

Unfortunately for me, I delayed my normal bonus marks in anticipation of loading up this weekend. But it gave me a chance to transfer my doffs in anticipation of the Fleet doof change. (Instead of a fleet needing X medical doffs, they will be able to use Science or Medical doffs)

Official word on mail nurf...nope.
    Officially specifying which, if any events are giving bonus marks...nope.

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So is the official response from cryptic going to be no response and to ignore this until the event is over and just pretend it never happened?

Yep.
    Just like the mail nurf.

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I made several posts in this thread yesterday -- some of the events are granting their bonuses, and others are not based off your reports. The team is investigating those that do not. A fix will require a patch, and I'm not sure if we'll be patching Holodeck before the event ends, unfortunately. Hopefully we'll be able to run the event again in the not-too-distant future :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Dude, really? A smilie face? You really need to take a class in how to not aggro the player base. Reads like "Oops we screwed up, sucks to be you. Better luck next time! :)"

Mind telling us which events are NOT broken?
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LMAO I was just about to post about that but you beat me to it dracounguis. So the event is broken, it wont be fixed and we might get one in the future that may work correctly.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    I'm confused. Brandon posted that it's a problem, that they're working on a fix, and that he doesn't know if the fix will be ready before the event ends.

How do you get "won't fix" from that?

If I need to get to work today, but you say my car won't be fixed till tomorrow so I should start walking... not really a fix.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    LMAO I was just about to post about that but you beat me to it dracounguis. So the event is broken, it wont be fixed and we might get one in the future that may work correctly.

Look on the bright side: all the people selling dilithium to turn into Zen will be able to get more Zen for their dilithium - with the event not working it will drastically reduce the amount of marks produced that could be converted into dilithium - keeping dilithium supply down.

So Zen buyers get a Bonus!

Or the other way around - got a headache - trouble figuring things out right now.
  • lordtrekkielordtrekkie Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just did Azure, rescued 5 D'deridex's and 6 T'varo's, got 16 marks as the choice from the reward box, picked Nukara Marks. Started with 250, reward was added, got exactly 16, no bonus for the 'event'.
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I'd bet money on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viperttvipertt Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well this is a bonus marks weekend you could have fooled me. I Just did four diffrent missions on Nukara and got NO BONUS MARKS!. THE AZURE NEBULA RESCUE NO BONUS MARKS! Well guess this is waste of time.
  • revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Earn bonus

BranBot clearly states the only two important words. The first is 'Earn', as in nobody paid for this, so it is 'Free'. The second is 'Bonus', as in something above and beyond what you already receive, so it is 'Free'. There is little to no incentive to 'Compensate' players for not receiving 'Free' stuff. This is just a game. Gain some perspective. Stick to the parts of the game that actually work and you will enjoy the game. Obsess over non-issues like this and you will wind up quitting rather that endure the torture you make the game for yourself.
  • lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So over a full day, and nothing but prevarication and denial from Cryptic?

They really go out of their way to antagonize the people who pay their salaries...
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2013

what moral do you have, incase you didn't know this event had ran before LoR so something in LoR broke it so take a chill pill it will be back at a later date

certain events do give the bonus so find them and do those

good day:)
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dude, really? A smilie face? You really need to take a class in how to not aggro the player base. Reads like "Oops we screwed up, sucks to be you. Better luck next time! :)"

Mind telling us which events are NOT broken?

Since you live in a basement and have not yet been out to encounter customer service, I'll try my best to explain, as a convenience to you and out of the kindness of my heart, what customer service is all about. He smiled. Since you are new to emoticons, this is different from a laugh, which would have indeed been inappropriate. In the customer service industry a lot of people are taught to smile and try to lighten the mood of the situation. You could come to me with your worst problem, and I could be completely empathetic to the issue, and still manage a smile to lighten your mood. A laugh, on the other hand, is a different story.

I hope this helps, and furthers your education. As an added convenience, this bit of information I provided will be free this time and I will not send the usual in-game bill for Energy Credits.

@Brandon - Thanks for acknowledging and posting. The two STFs that I did earlier awarded just fine on the bonuses and I will just keep repeating those to get the marks. It seems like enough of the events do provide the bonuses that even with the cool-down we can rotate and get marks just fine.

RE: Some of the other replies about a smiley - it greatly pleases me that your lives are over because of an emoticon ;) You hereby have permission to keep entertaining me :)

P.S. - It's just a game. LOL
    BranBot clearly states the only two important words. The first is 'Earn', as in nobody paid for this, so it is 'Free'. The second is 'Bonus', as in something above and beyond what you already receive, so it is 'Free'. There is little to no incentive to 'Compensate' players for not receiving 'Free' stuff. This is just a game. Gain some perspective. Stick to the parts of the game that actually work and you will enjoy the game. Obsess over non-issues like this and you will wind up quitting rather that endure the torture you make the game for yourself.

This is real to them, however, as psychologically I have observed that these kinds of players get so lost in an MMO that anything that happens with a set of pixels on their screen means that they have been slammed in real life. Compensation, lawsuits, etc. get tossed around as if you were hit by a bus in real life. It is people like these that I read about or see in the news . . . "Such and such started shooting their neighbors on such and such date . . . he later revealed that he did so because his character in an MMO got deleted and he blamed the real world for his woes". LOL That's based on a true story, too. Almost as bad as some years back when someone ended their life because of a character deletion. Sad . . . but some people take these games far too seriously.

On the bright side, it's very entertaining to read some of the reactions :)
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    Since you live in a basement and have not yet been out to encounter customer service, I'll try my best to explain, as a convenience to you and out of the kindness of my heart, what customer service is all about. He smiled. Since you are new to emoticons, this is different from a laugh, which would have indeed been inappropriate. In the customer service industry a lot of people are taught to smile and try to lighten the mood of the situation. You could come to me with your worst problem, and I could be completely empathetic to the issue, and still manage a smile to lighten your mood. A laugh, on the other hand, is a different story.

I hope this helps, and furthers your education. As an added convenience, this bit of information I provided will be free this time and I will not send the usual in-game bill for Energy Credits.

@Brandon - Thanks for acknowledging and posting. The two STFs that I did earlier awarded just fine on the bonuses and I will just keep repeating those to get the marks. It seems like enough of the events do provide the bonuses that even with the cool-down we can rotate and get marks just fine.

RE: Some of the other replies about a smiley - it greatly pleases me that your lives are over because of an emoticon ;) You hereby have permission to keep entertaining me :)

P.S. - It's just a game. LOL

So like - this would be bad customer service response to a concern?:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So like - this would be bad customer service response to a concern?:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

LOL Now THAT would be bad ROFL . . . but that definitely showed how I felt reading some of the posts in here :)
  • trekkattrekkat Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really? Which STFs would those be? No, really. I want to do them too. I am willing to bet, however, you were just seeing the bonus from completing the optional, or did them during the three hour bonus event time that ended a while ago, which worked properly.

I might add that as someone who knows all about customer service, you should know that your your smug and arrogant attitude will do little to win others over to your point of view.

Here is my hypothesis:

The bonus event was working, but the servers kept having problems. So, there was an emergency patch done. After that, the bonuses stopped coming. I am guessing they did some kind of rollback that removed the bonus event with it. Rather than admit to it, they say nothing and wait for the players to figure it out and start complaining. Then they feign ignorance and ask the players to tell them what isn't working, as if they couldn't find out for themselves. This is just a stall tactic and something for the players to focus on for a little while.

They have no intention of/ability to fix the problem in time, so they give Branflakes the unenviable task of telling us such as vaguely as possible so they do not have to come right out and admit it.

I have worked as a developer and this is how things are done, more often than not. Companies need to learn that simply admitting the problem and telling the players where things really stand is far better than lying to them, trying to cover the mess up, or simply ignoring issues completely. Honesty, while embarrassing and sure to draw ire on its own is preferable to antagonizing or belittling customers, which generates distrust and ill will for the future. One would be surprised what customers will put up with as long as they feel like they know what is going on and the company seems to be making an effort to resolve the problem in good faith.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ''''''''\,,,;=^=
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a FAAAAAKE.

Basically, not working for me either, and I verified on my mark count before and after the game.
  • trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Definitely not working. I've done a dozen runs (Azure, Vault, Infected Elite). None rewarded any bonus marks except one played during the hourly event.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are you sure? I've seen reports that players did get them if they looked at their start and end mark totals in the assets tab, as the bonus was just not displaying in the loot window. Let me know if this is not the case...
    This is the first time I've had a chance to play any Mark rewarding mission since the Event went live.

I just completed [Hard] Interior: Scheduled Self Destruct. Prior to running this mission I checked my Assets tab, and I had 25 Nukara marks. The window, text window, etc. showed that I received 15 Nukara Marks. I checked my assets tab and I now have 40.

I got 15 Nukara Marks for an Interior Hard.

I then went surface and when I went and completed [Hard] Exterior: Transdimensional Tactics. Same deal, got 15 Nukara Marks, and now I'm up to 44 total Marks.

Edit to add: Here are some additional missions I completed tonight on Nukara during the "Bonus Mark Event" (and yes, I checked my assets before/after completing each mission:
    [Easy] Exterior: Industrial Espionage = 5NM
    [Medium] Exterior: Rescuing Redshirts = 10NM
    [Medium] Exterior: Closing Doors = 10NM
    [Zone Wide] Thinning the Hive = 15NM

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • tiggychantiggychan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    still no fix to the so called event.
  • lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In the unlikely event someone is reading this thread and actually trying to diagnose the problem, I just did Vault Ensnared 3 times. One of my characters (the first one who ran it) got the bonus marks, and it was NOT during the rotating (normal) bonus event. I checked my launcher logs to confirm this.

I logged in at 9:04pm Pacific, and the previous Bonus Marks event ended at 8pm Pacific. The next one doesn't start for about an hour.

My other two characters did not get the bonus marks. My first character (who got the bonus) opened the Mark containers before leaving the mission map, so I tried doing the same with the others - no bonus.

So it does not appear that "some work and some don't", rather it appears to be random (but heavily weighted in favor of not getting the bonus - I am 1-for-6 since the non-event event started, all on Vault Ensnared).
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same toon as my Nukara runs above just completed CSE, completed optional. Started with 0 Omega Marks, now have 75OM. No bonus there.

:rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tl;dr

If the boxes you open for choice of marks are supposed to contain the bonus marks, there was no visible bonus in the box, and when I opened it, the same about popped up as what I received.

I didn't carefully look at total, but didn't seem like I had more than normal.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trekkat wrote: »
    Really? Which STFs would those be? No, really. I want to do them too. I am willing to bet, however, you were just seeing the bonus from completing the optional, or did them during the three hour bonus event time that ended a while ago, which worked properly.

I might add that as someone who knows all about customer service, you should know that your your smug and arrogant attitude will do little to win others over to your point of view.

Here is my hypothesis:

The bonus event was working, but the servers kept having problems. So, there was an emergency patch done. After that, the bonuses stopped coming. I am guessing they did some kind of rollback that removed the bonus event with it. Rather than admit to it, they say nothing and wait for the players to figure it out and start complaining. Then they feign ignorance and ask the players to tell them what isn't working, as if they couldn't find out for themselves. This is just a stall tactic and something for the players to focus on for a little while.

They have no intention of/ability to fix the problem in time, so they give Branflakes the unenviable task of telling us such as vaguely as possible so they do not have to come right out and admit it.

I have worked as a developer and this is how things are done, more often than not. Companies need to learn that simply admitting the problem and telling the players where things really stand is far better than lying to them, trying to cover the mess up, or simply ignoring issues completely. Honesty, while embarrassing and sure to draw ire on its own is preferable to antagonizing or belittling customers, which generates distrust and ill will for the future. One would be surprised what customers will put up with as long as they feel like they know what is going on and the company seems to be making an effort to resolve the problem in good faith.

How about Infected & Khitomer Elite for starts I did them both out of the normal 3 hour rotation and got bonus marks that normally you don't get even when you do get optional.

and your hypothesis is just that a big fat guess which at your wrong, have you had to down load a patch since Thursday, No so stop guessing and let the team do what they need to do too fix this issue so when it does replay in the "near" future we won't have this issue, players like you make me sick crying about a little thing that is really no big deal but you all make it out like its the end or the world.
This discussion has been closed.