test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Marks Weekend Event [Now Ended]

Comments

• darwin789darwin789 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can confirm not getting bonus marks in STFs, Azure nebula rescue, The Vault: Ensnared and all of the Defera invasion zone missions. I don't know about the rest.
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    I'm confused. Brandon posted that it's a problem, that they're working on a fix, and that he doesn't know if the fix will be ready before the event ends.

How do you get "won't fix" from that?

from
    A fix will require a patch, and I'm not sure if we'll be patching Holodeck before the event ends, unfortunately. Hopefully we'll be able to run the event again in the not-too-distant future :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

this is where we got it from
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • clintsatclintsat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In my opinion, the event advertisements should end and the front page should be updated... Best not to confuse folks with false advertisements on events...
  • vinsinarvinsinar Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    clintsat wrote: »
    In my opinion, the event advertisements should end and the front page should be updated... Best not to confuse folks with false advertisements on events...

Yeah best to end it and post it will be brought back at a later date.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I went and ran ISE and got 60 from my loot bag but had 75 in my inventory list. I assume that's the bonus kicking in.

However I went and Colony Invasion and Federation Fleet Alert and didn't see a bonus. Fleet Alerts usually give me around 50+ and Colony gives me the same. After I run both I usually have around 100+ fleet marks. This time around I got 40 from Fleet Alert and 43 from Colony (all objectives complete). So I'm actually getting less than normal.

Edit: Bah, forgot that the ISE optional is what was giving me 75 marks. Okay then, no bonus for ISE either.

I seriously need to stop posting before I've had enough coffee. It makes my brain go.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just did Vault Ensnared and got no bonus Marks. Some other PvE and Daily missions I did also didn't reward anything other than the standard amount. I even double checked in my assets Tab before and after - no bonus whatsoever.

Might as well cancel the event completely, as it's totally misleading, especially if you're not going to extend it nor patch it before it ends...

Makes me wonder if the Cold Storage Lobi Crystal fix is gonna go live before the FE Re-run ends...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not getting any bonus.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ok so the system box showed 60 marks awarded - and my inventory showed 75

This was ISE+opt

Does this mean I got the bonus?

Nope, the 15 marks is the set reward for completing the optional. It is given as soon as you complete the optional objective so when you finish the run it will only display the '60 - 115' that you got for completing the main objectives.
    I'm confused. Brandon posted that it's a problem, that they're working on a fix, and that he doesn't know if the fix will be ready before the event ends.

If the fix isn't ready before the event ends, then it's not getting fixed really is it? The event is worthless if it's not doing what it's meant to do. It's like me giving you a television for the weekend, then you realising that it doesn't get any channels. So I tell you, "It's ok, I'm going to fix it, but I doubt it'll be fixed before the end of the weekend". What use is the television to you for the weekend now?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mrkollins wrote: »
    I'm not getting any bonus.

Don't get cheeky or you'll get fired ! :P
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I made several posts in this thread yesterday -- some of the events are granting their bonuses, and others are not based off your reports. The team is investigating those that do not. A fix will require a patch, and I'm not sure if we'll be patching Holodeck before the event ends, unfortunately. Hopefully we'll be able to run the event again in the not-too-distant future :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Not to distant future. i'm sorry and at the risk og being banned the evebt shoukd not end bbefore it has begun. especially with the debacle that was the laubch of LOR you should extend the event for a week due to your epic fails because I can guarantee we are getting ticked off with these lousy excuses and apologies and epic fails
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainaramdacaptainaramda Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not everyone is doing this but, a few are. Quit the whining. This event is a bust for the vast majority. Don't blame branflakes or any other mod for this. They are doing what they can. I, personally, would like to thank branflakes for keeping in touch with us on this situation. All he wanted was for us to post which missions we've come across that are not rewarding the bonuses.

I do feel, as many of you do, that Cryptic needs to take down the advertisement for the event since it's not working. Perhaps they will make it up to us (although that is extremely unlikely).

I did mention in my previous post that perhaps Cryptic can make this a monthly or even a quarterly event as it really does help those of us who are unable to be on all the time. There are a lot of us who work and/or go to school full time which makes our time on STO very limited. I will only say that, like many, I'm disappointed that the event is not working as intended. I will continue to grind, grind, grind. Hope to see you all in the various missions. :cool:
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are you sure? I've seen reports that players did get them if they looked at their start and end mark totals in the assets tab, as the bonus was just not displaying in the loot window. Let me know if this is not the case.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I actually dont pay attention to the window.

For fleet marks, I use those right after a mission so I know how many I can contribute and dont seem to be getting a bonus.

Also last night I had just finished Atmosphere whatever its called before the server went down. I was stuck on a loading screen after the mission. I didnt have the reward box when the game came back up. So its an over long mission that ended up being a complete waste of time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • codewarrior316codewarrior316 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I made several posts in this thread yesterday -- some of the events are granting their bonuses, and others are not based off your reports. The team is investigating those that do not. A fix will require a patch, and I'm not sure if we'll be patching Holodeck before the event ends, unfortunately. Hopefully we'll be able to run the event again in the not-too-distant future :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Can you update the original post with the missions that work properly, those that work properly but do not appear to (get the bonus but doesn't report back with the correct numbers), and those that do not work? I'd really rather not need to read 20 pages of posts to try to glean this info...
  • squonkmansquonkman Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not everyone is doing this but, a few are. Quit the whining. Based on branflakes' message, this event is a bust for the vast majority. Don't blame him or any other mod for this....

He's probably not directly responsible. But he's the one who made the announcement and it doesn't look like one drop of sweat came out of him.

Cryptic people always seem to take problems with the game extremely casually.

I really would like to be wrong about this but I cannot see it otherwise.
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We are planning to have a patch tomorrow during our weekly scheduled maintenance, but it won't include what was in the Tribble patch notes released yesterday.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=[/QUwell yall need to get the patch in soon before you run off even more people, I know tons of people who have left to play other stuff because nothing is getting fixed, I know ya gained a lot of people but why run them off, who even made the decision to do one big patch a month later needs to reexamine there line of thinking, when romulas came out my fleet got a lot of new people and got back a lot of old players now ita back down like it was before romulas stuff came out.
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not everyone is doing this but, a few are. Quit the whining. This event is a bust for the vast majority. Don't blame branflakes or any other mod for this. They are doing what they can. I, personally, would like to thank branflakes for keeping in touch with us on this situation. All he wanted was for us to post which missions we've come across that are not rewarding the bonuses.

I do feel, as many of you do, that Cryptic needs to take down the advertisement for the event since it's not working. Perhaps they will make it up to us (although that is extremely unlikely).

I did mention in my previous post that perhaps Cryptic can make this a monthly or even a quarterly event as it really does help those of us who are unable to be on all the time. There are a lot of us who work and/or go to school full time which makes our time on STO very limited. I will only say that, like many, I'm disappointed that the event is not working as intended. I will continue to grind, grind, grind. Hope to see you all in the various missions. :cool:

who r u to tell us to stop whinning as you say, its brandflakes job to lisen to the forums and pass on the information, yes people need to act like they have manners but you need to also and not tell people to stop whinning as you say we spend our hard earned money here, and if we have a difficult situation then as a consumer we do have the right to bring it to there attention.
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I think I did enough runs (about 20 per character on 3 toons) to conclude with this:

1) Azure Nebula Rescue: rewards 24 Nukara Marks at most.
    Before the "Weekend event" kicked in you received 30 during the bonus event time.

Vault: Ensnared: rewards 30-35 (depending on Web status)
    Before the "Weekend event" kicked in you received 50 during the bonus event time.

2) Space STFs don't reward bonus too. Just received standard 60 +15 for optional. Once received 90 for Infected: Conduit.

3)Colony Invasion didn't reward me bonus marks either.

4) The Weekend Event absolutely broke the standard event time bonus hour. Even during this event is active you don't get any bonus at all.

So all in all I would urge you to just deactivate the whole weekend event, so we can at least get bonus marks during the event time hour.

PS: It has nothing to do with Race/Factions either. My "test" characters are Romulan-FED, Ferasan-KDF, and Alien-FED.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    So I think I did enough runs (about 20 per character on 3 toons) to conclude with this:

Before the "Weekend event" kicked in you received 30 during the bonus event time.

Before the "Weekend event" kicked in you received 50 during the bonus event time.

2) Space STFs don't reward bonus too. Just received standard 60 +15 for optional. Once received 90 for Infected: Conduit.

4) The Weekend Event absolutely broke the standard event time bonus hour. Even during this event is active you don't get any bonus at all.

So all in all I would urge you to just deactivate the whole weekend event, so we can at least get bonus marks during the event time hour.

PS: It has nothing to do with Race/Factions either. My "test" characters are Romulan-FED, Ferasan-KDF, and Alien-FED.

WTF?? No bonus during bonus event time either?? OK I got to try that one out - I think the next one starts soon.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    WTF?? No bonus during bonus event time either?? OK I got to try that one out - I think the next one starts soon.

Well its bonus time right now and I got

25 marks on CE normal and 90 marks on ISE - which I think is normal for bonus time. At this point I really don't know what to say.
  • lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are you sure? I've seen reports that players did get them if they looked at their start and end mark totals in the assets tab, as the bonus was just not displaying in the loot window. Let me know if this is not the case.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I can assure you that Vault Ensnared is not awarding any bonus marks, in the inventory or anywhere else. Each of my three characters who did Vault Ensnared went in needing about 24 to feed the daily Nukara projects, and after completing it with 20% web and all other objectives successful, they had 2-3 left over.

The prominent advertisements for this "event" (on the official website, the forums, the launcher, and in-game) are 100% false and misleading; you were informed of this yesterday, so why haven't they been removed?
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    About par for the course for Cryptic...

"nuff said :o
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited June 2013
    Its Not Working!
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • hjayfisherhjayfisher Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My only guess for the reason why some people received bonus marks and others have not is that they didn't realize that they were earning them in a regularly scheduled bonus mark periods. If that's the case, then the statement that they received the bonus marks should be invalid as all these other reports are based upon off-scheduled times. Which is the whole point of the Bonus Mark Weekend .... to be able to get the bonus marks at ANY time during the event.
    edited June 2013
    aegon1ice wrote: »

I do my very best not to flame anyone but in your case I will. You ARE A SPOILED ROTTEN LITTLE CHILD.

What part of "not everyone" did you not understand. No, it is not your God-given right to whine. You can make the mods aware of the situation without whining about it. Grow the frak up already.

As consumers, we have the responsibility to bring to the attention of management anything we see that is wrong. That does not mean we need to whine about it. There's a right and a wrong way to do this. So when I say quit your whining, I'm not saying don't inform the devs, I'm saying quit acting like Cryptic owes you anything....They don't.
    edited June 2013
    who r u to tell us to stop whinning as you say, its brandflakes job to lisen to the forums and pass on the information, yes people need to act like they have manners but you need to also and not tell people to stop whinning as you say we spend our hard earned money here, and if we have a difficult situation then as a consumer we do have the right to bring it to there attention.

I do my very best not to flame anyone but in your case I will. You ARE A SPOILED ROTTEN LITTLE CHILD.

What part of "not everyone" did you not understand. No, it is not your God-given right to whine. You can make the mods aware of the situation without whining about it. Grow the frak up already.

As consumers, we have the responsibility to bring to the attention of management anything we see that is wrong. That does not mean we need to whine about it. There's a right and a wrong way to do this. So when I say quit your whining, I'm not saying don't inform the devs, I'm saying quit acting like Cryptic owes you anything....They don't.
  • cmdrpablocmdrpablo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I didn't get bonus marks :S, only normal score :(
    edited June 2013
    sorry aegon1ice ....I did not mean to quote you.
  • metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2013

How about the fact that they don't know if they can fix it before the event ends. It started broken and will finish broken. Can Brandon or you tell me which ones ARE awarding the proper bonus? I am going to say NO YOU CAN"T, you are clueless at this point about this whole thing obviously. We can tell that you "won't fix" this issue by what Brandon stated. You waited a whole day before actually acklnowledging it and with the Cryptic track record on fixing things, this WON"T be fixed by the event end.
  • twoofnine1twoofnine1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so why do you keep this up on the main page? if its broke"yes its broke"and theres no plan to patch it it till after its over? ples take it down as it is untrue and false advertisement
    edited June 2013
    it is depending on account to account on what pves do and what pves dont get the bonus mark weekend. i know i dont get bonuses on some of them and do get bonuses on others. this is more of the problem than the whole bonus weekend thing.
This discussion has been closed.