Bonus Marks Weekend Event [Now Ended]

Comments

• newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    What: Infected space elite

When: 8:10pm EST - non bonus hour on calander

Reward 100 Omega marks + 15 bonus (482 start - 597 finish)- opt obviously

11 BNP !!! Yeah baby!

In the drop window it showed that I only received 100 marks - normally it would show 115 in this case.

Will try some others before the regular bonus event starts.
    edited June 2013
    CE normal - 8:35pm

25 marks - which is what I normally get during bonus event.

Also just finished in time for a nice server not responding - 208 seconds and counting - expect crash to main loggin soon.
  • smtjtsmtjt Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here
    no suprise
    edited June 2013
    smtjt wrote: »
    same here
    no suprise

509 seconds not responding - going into task manager now to shut it down.
    edited June 2013
    509 seconds not responding - going into task manager now to shut it down.
    sigh here we go again
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The cake is a lie! A lie I tells ye...
  • amishrevolutionamishrevolution Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, you guys can actually login to the game? Haven't gotten far enough myself to know of the bonus marks are working or not. I suppose the "login failed for an unknown reason" error means it isn't working for me either though.
  • n3ur0m4nc3rn3ur0m4nc3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No bonus marks on ISE. I was lucky to get my marks before everything went haywire. Had to exit to leave the zone and couldn't get back in.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nice job Cryptic. I launch the game and get the "Connecting to the login server" and after a minute, instead of the character select screen I get a message saying "The login server cannot be reached at this time". :mad:
  • baldemort41baldemort41 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Less sales, more customer service/satisfaction please. The slight of hand with great sale offers doesn't negate the lack of operability the game has suffered since the Legacy expansion went online. Deals on Zen, Fleet Modules, etc mean nothing if the game doesn't function...let alone the bonus marks event that wasn't.

I concede that you guys work very hard...but there's a saying that applies:

Work smarter, not harder. When you've already had major game stability issues for weeks, why issue carrot after carrot to entice overloading of servers that already struggle with the load?

At some point, this truly needs to be addressed and serious concessions need to be made to your player base or loyalty will be very adversely impacted. If we didn't love the game, it wouldn't bother us so much that its down...but the penchant for ignoring our frustrations is getting out of hand.

How many hours has the server been down? No website post, no Facebook post, no forum post; no news isn't good news.
    Baldemort, K'Bald E Mort, D'Baldemort
    Twelve toons, one mission...enjoy STO
    House of DILLIGAF (KDF)
  • framesplicerxframesplicerx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Confirmed. Just did an Azure.
    Got the standard, non-bonus cap of 24 marks.
    edited June 2013
    confirm planet nukarma still standard drop on normal
  • tiggychantiggychan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This event is not working
    edited June 2013
    tiggychan wrote: »
    This event is not working
    and the funny thing is cryptic doesnt care
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So far I've done 4 runs of Colony Invasion, and did indeed get the bonus every time. FYI.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did the vault ensnared and one time with Fed and KDF got the bonus marks but the second time on my KDF I didnt this must be a bug
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    So far I've done 4 runs of Colony Invasion, and did indeed get the bonus every time. FYI.

remember, colony invasion grants fleet marks, you may have had a bonus fleet mark pool active. Also, the normal rotating rep mark bonus event still works, even though the special weekend event is broken, so you may have had that going for you.
    robeasom wrote: »
    Did the vault ensnared and one time with Fed and KDF got the bonus marks but the second time on my KDF I didnt this must be a bug

That sounds like you did some of those runs during the normal rep mark event.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can only confirm that something is wrong. I must have played Vault Ensnared about 80 times by now and know how many marks are rewarded during an event. There weren?t any bonus marks after the normal ?in game mark event? yesterday. Getting some 30 marks out of a run where the net is below 20% doesn?t feel right even on non event times. I did the run with Omega Combat Division. The other fleeties didn?t get a bonus reward either.

Please look into it and prolong event if possible.

greetings
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • daggermoondaggermoon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Confirmed. Just did an Azure.
    Got the standard, non-bonus cap of 24 marks.

lol your lucky then in one and whole team dosent get popup for tractor and there is no ships to save.

edit
    lol event just finished and received 8 marks for none saved woot
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here, i just did the Vault:ensnared and only got the 24N and the 3N (which is still kind of redundant). So far this event seems to be on Par with a lot of other things in that it doesn't work as advertised... like the [BORG] or (-th) or such.

Must be "Working as intended"....
  • lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, no bonus marks from two Vault Ensnared runs on two different characters just now.

Gotta hand it to Cryptic - they are remarkably consistent when it comes to failure.
    edited June 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »

as far as i know your the 1% not the 99% that hasn't gotten the bonus which leaves 3 conclusion.
    1. your a cryptic fan boy
    2. your working for cryptic
    3. your delusional cause back in the real world most of us are not getting the bonus
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im just curious here.. is cryptic ran by microsoft... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

little joke here :P
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
    edited June 2013
    This time I got no bonus marks on ISE

60 normal marks + 15 for the optional

When I did it just before the crash i got 115 marks total(so bonus marks)

Both times were outside the listed event times

Something is definitely screwy here!!

both times I went by how much marks showed up in my inventory.

So yeah something is not right. It's a hit or miss. Sometimes you get it sometimes you don't.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've just run three alts through the nukara rep for the day as well as one (the Rom) through the Omega and Rom(seems redundant for a romulan) reps. Not bonus marks at all.

It's bad enough they pushed LoR to live without finishing it, or the assets (skins/hair/clothes), or the missions, or the cloak, or really anything, but so far we're almost a full day into the bonus weekend with infact, no bonus. I appreciate the thought, and a lot of people would love it as well, but maybe this should be taken as a sign to start fixing the game instead of trying to cover it up with bonus stuff?
  • metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just did The Cure Found snd got no Bonus marks. GREAT EVENT! All this advertising for an event that is NOT working. You keep saying it is only a few of them, read this thread and you will see it has to be at least half. Just keep sticking your fingers in your ears , close your eyes, and say " la-la-la-la-la" until Monday and you are all set.
  • lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Submit tickets for every run on every character where you didn't receive the bonus.
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just did Azure nebula , no bonus marks. Great event hope this event will be running this christmas with your bonus.

It only works when the bonus marks event is up, and thats normal.

Again no bonus marks before and after the bonus marks event.
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • dcblackmandcblackman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nope did not get it, in Azura Nebula
    edited June 2013
    I was just thinking - if the event was working properly - the amount of marks that get turned into dilithium is going to skyrocket!!

Price of Zen should go up even with the sale as all that extra dilithium gets on the market - assuming they get the bonus event working right of course.

I will run some more test after the 3hr bonus event time which starts in a few minutes and see if it's still not working. So far for me it's worked 1 time and not the next in ISE.
This discussion has been closed.