test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Marks Weekend Event [Now Ended]

Comments

• tiggychantiggychan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    why are you guys using STFs as a source of evidence? Unless you're getting the max possible such as 132 marks that is out of the original, that event is not a good place to find out. (if you need me to point out why you obviously shouldn't be analyzing)
    Done the choice marks in azure and ensnared with no boost in marks more than once.
  • trekkattrekkat Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about Infected & Khitomer Elite for starts I did them both out of the normal 3 hour rotation and got bonus marks that normally you don't get even when you do get optional.

and your hypothesis is just that a big fat guess which at your wrong, have you had to down load a patch since Thursday, No so stop guessing and let the team do what they need to do too fix this issue so when it does replay in the "near" future we won't have this issue, players like you make me sick crying about a little thing that is really no big deal but you all make it out like its the end or the world.

How many marks did you get for each, then?

I said hypothesis, which, by nature, is a guess, one which you cannot prove wrong, so you cannot claim it to be so. Nothing indicates that a client patch is required. This event could be handled completely server side. We don't know either way, so my guess is as good as any and is entirely plausible. Also, I am not stopping the devs from doing anything they are already not doing.

This might be a little thing in itself, but it is the latest is a long series of "little things" that demonstrates a pattern. The pattern continues and so the general discontent grows with each instance.

What makes me sick are abject apologists defending this kind of nonsense. Some of the bugs that make it live are so egregious that it makes one wonder how they could have been missed unless they were flat out ignored in favor of getting the release out and cleaning up afterwards. I am beginning to wonder if there is any serious quality control going on, or whether, when the deadline rolls around, everyone agrees the new additions *should* work and they cross their fingers and push the update.

This one thing is not why a lot of people are upset, at least not why I am. Having something promised to one and then not have it delivered is disheartening, but the overall pattern of things just plain not working to the degree they have shows sloppiness at best and incompetence at worst. The lack of communication between the company and the customers beyond, "Stuff happens. Better luck next time." has an air of dismissal or even contempt about it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ''''''''\,,,;=^=
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can't use STFs to see if it is working or not due to the fluctuating mark reward.

You need to use something that has a constant base reward. For example the Romulan rep dailies, the patrol has a base reward of 60 and the New Romulus missions a base of 10. Durnig the normal bonus event these give 75 and 12 respectively. These are not giving the bonus reward outside of the normal 3 hour event so it is not working.
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For the last time:
    Stop using STF's for comparing about bonus marks.

Use Romulan or Fleet mark PvE for comparisment.
    I did Azure nebula rescue during normal and bonus time and i got 18 and 30 nukara marks. So normal bonus event is still working, but whole weekend bonus event is NOT working.
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    I'm confused. Brandon posted that it's a problem, that they're working on a fix, and that he doesn't know if the fix will be ready before the event ends.

How do you get "won't fix" from that?

"This is the fire department. We're aware that your house is on fire and burning to the ground and have dispatched fire wagons. We're not sure if they will arrive before your house is a pile of ashes."

There's no point rushing out a fix if there is no chance of applying the patch before the event ends. Especially when you still insist on advertising the "event".
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    I'm confused. Brandon posted that it's a problem, that they're working on a fix, and that he doesn't know if the fix will be ready before the event ends.

How do you get "won't fix" from that?

Erm because it won't be sorted during the event therefore it won't be fixed. A fix after the fact is pretty much useless in the current situation.

If they come up with a fix after this event has ended then they need to re-run it again the weekend after the fix is done to make up for a false advertisement of the event as it currently stands.
  • spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The tau dawa sector block dailies still gives 60 marks, not any monus.
  • ragnusthorneragnusthorne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol bonus marks indeed. 47 marks for a successful run of fleet alert. once again. but theres a zen promo... yeah Ill pay you guys when TRIBBLE works thank you.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The tau dawa sector block dailies still gives 60 marks, not any monus.

MONUS! It's a cross between more and bonus, I like you're style sir...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    topset wrote: »
    MONUS! It's a cross between more and bonus, I like you're style sir...

TRIBBLE I meant moarnus (omg that sounded like something else not pg)
  • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did they even activate it? i could use more Nakura Marks but i am not seeing any double marks. Weekend has started so i was wondering if they postponed the event?
    Once upon a time in galaxy far far away......
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kaltoum wrote: »
    Did they even activate it? i could use more Nakura Marks but i am not seeing any double marks. Weekend has started so i was wondering if they postponed the event?

It was bugged, and would require a patch to fix, so they're just cancelling it without an official announcement thread. (PWEBranFlakes said it was pretty much cancelled in the main thread, and that he 'hopes' there will be another one in the near future).
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why am i not even surprised. :(
    Once upon a time in galaxy far far away......
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LOL, even the Marks system is bugged!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • vimzulvimzul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I find it pretty easy to get nukara marks, i am not sure if i am bugged or not but those ground missions seem to keep resetting for me, not sure if they are meant to be daily or not.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vimzul wrote: »
    I find it pretty easy to get nukara marks, i am not sure if i am bugged or not but those ground missions seem to keep resetting for me, not sure if they are meant to be daily or not.

Hard missions on Nukara have a 20hr cooldown, but easy/medium missions only have a CD from 7-15 min.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The normal 3 hour event worked fine for me, but at other times I don't get bonus marks. And so far no response from Cryptic about it.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alarikun wrote: »
    It was bugged, and would require a patch to fix, so they're just cancelling it without an official announcement thread. (PWEBranFlakes said it was pretty much cancelled in the main thread, and that he 'hopes' there will be another one in the near future).

Epic Fail, just wow.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Going up in Nukara tiers is easy. Grinding for the unlocked gear is the problem.
  • oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not double, it's bonus.

The blog post mentions that you won't get double bonus during the standard bonus event.
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    probably be easier if they just turn it into a 4 day buff,
    instead of messing with the event calendar.
  • shaduosshaduos Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    One has to wonder if they are just too bust running the Neverwinter event to care about what happens with STO. It seems the Neverwinter bonus enchantment event went off without a problem. I have seen people here talking about how STO is F2P and all that jazz, but not everyone plays as F2P, and a few have lifetimes they paid for. Therefor the event should work as intended or they need to compensate the player base because we do pay them for the game in one way or another.
  • nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    is this event working? played azure nebula rescue, we made 32 points, we got 24 marks + 5 fleet marks. but i am getting bonuses when there is regular event.
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    we can all say bad things about cryptic, but atleast, we can be darn sure, that the event will be extended (or rerun next weekend) to compensate for this.

this is something they can do (and most importantly, did before), as they will not lose any money on it, just gain (back) of reputation.

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmm, I'm not sure that the event will be extended. I think what they will do is let the event end on it's normal date and then work on to see that it functions properly for the next time they run it. Honestly I think that would be for the best.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I've gone about and done many of the listed PvE mission for the double marks weekend. Not once have I seen my marks earned doubled, not even during the marks hours for this weekend. my conclusion is Cryptic messed up its coding for this weekend and everything delivers regular marks rewards all weekend. way to make me waste my time cryptic. I'm not particularly happy about being lied to either. No patch, no addressing any issues. my fleet mates noticed it earlier as well so I know its not just me. I was looking forward to using this weekend to stockpile my marks, what i get is disappointment.
  • curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I've gone about and done many of the listed PvE mission for the double marks weekend. Not once have I seen my marks earned doubled, not even during the marks hours for this weekend. my conclusion is Cryptic messed up its coding for this weekend and everything delivers regular marks rewards all weekend. way to make me waste my time cryptic. I'm not particularly happy about being lied to either. No patch, no addressing any issues. my fleet mates noticed it earlier as well so I know its not just me. I was looking forward to using this weekend to stockpile my marks, what i get is disappointment.

Actually this was addressed. They know, they're going to fix it, just not before this event ends, which earns them a massive vote of sarcastic "thanks" and a cross look, but beyond that what can you do?
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    revlot wrote: »
    BranBot clearly states the only two important words in his original post. The first is 'Earn', as in nobody paid for this, so it is 'Free'. The second is 'Bonus', as in something above and beyond what you already receive, so it is 'Free'. There is little to no incentive to 'Compensate' players for not receiving 'Free' stuff. This is just a game. Gain some perspective. Stick to the parts of the game that actually work and you will enjoy the game. Obsess over non-issues like this and you will wind up quitting the game, rather than endure the torture you make the game for yourself.

...I reiterate...
  • chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    curs0r wrote: »
    Actually this was addressed. They know, they're going to fix it, just not before this event ends, which earns them a massive vote of sarcastic "thanks" and a cross look, but beyond that what can you do?

I totally didn't see anything about it. Sadly I can do nothing except be angry. I was really hoping to get ahead in my marks finally. I even advertised to get my fleet mates on this weekend. I feel like we got jipped, because once they correct the issue it will be back to normal marks grind again and they won't redo the event. I was hoping it had just not been brought to light but I guess that's out. now its just lazyness.
  • oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just one small point, "bonus reward" doesn't mean "double reward".
This discussion has been closed.