What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 21, 2013) - The Launch of Legacy of Romulus

Comments

• Options
    xraytecxraytec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't worry too much about the wait. The scheduled maintenance time for me was over 2 1/2 Hours ago, and I still get nothing but "server has timed out"
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xraytec wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about the wait. The scheduled maintenance time for me was over 2 1/2 Hours ago, and I still get nothing but "server has timed out"

One of my favourite things about that Mayan Apocalypse nonsense some white people just made up out of thin air a few months ago? It exposed how many people have no idea how time zones work.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    So far I have patched around 6,5 gb of 10gb. Thanks to the pre-patch and/or Tribble, I have downloaded only 277kb. :D

That's actually not a bad idea. Thanks I'm getting right on it, Jr. :D
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Main server is still down for maint but Tribble is up.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Still the 17th of May launcher version ... happy crashing, people. Trying to patch just to see when the first crash occurs. I will post again when it does. Next page, or the page after?
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    carac1carac1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,
    I am a freelance writer looking for more work. We are hoping to add a new baby soon, and with the demand for clothes, consumables, officer slots, and new ships, we are having problems making ends meet. Please contact me if you have some work for me! I need the income to feed my growing family and addicti . . . er, 'hobby' I have found playing Star Trek Online.

Please help if you can!

Thank you
    "We sure liberated the hell out of this place." - Anonymous American soldier, France, 1944
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can I delete the contents of my pre-patch folder after the game is done patching those 10GB of data? It's taking up a lot of free space I could use for... ehm.. something else. :D

I moved the Piggs out of their folder and ran the launcher + consistency check from options, it appears to be safe to nuke them.
  • Options
    xraytecxraytec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, if you can correct my knowledge, please do. I am in EST which, if I am not mistaken, is 3 hours ahead of PDT?
  • Options
    packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, if you can correct my knowledge, please do. I am in EST which, if I am not mistaken, is 3 hours ahead of PDT?

It will be another 3hrs and 5mins until the maintainence is scheduled to be completed
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • Options
    wadey3103wadey3103 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I honestly cannot wait for this! Sucks that as i finish work i wont be able to play it.... its doing my head in now as im so close to making the rank of captain, but im sure the wait will be worth it, keep up the great work guys! :cool:
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Right. Which means the patching started at 9am and ends at 3pm.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, and it says right in post 1 maintenance lasts for 6 hours.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The first post of this thread already has a link to a website where you can see the times for your location. They can't make it much easier than that ! :D
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    I moved the Piggs out of their folder and ran the launcher + consistency check from options, it appears to be safe to nuke them.

Thanks, that's good to know!
  • Options
    carac1carac1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yup - 3:00pm EST is theoretical launch time for the servers. Should be back home from errands shortly after that myself. Then, let the fun begin!
    "We sure liberated the hell out of this place." - Anonymous American soldier, France, 1944
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    According to a re-tweeted post from Branflakes, its safe to delete the prepatch after you are fully patched.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to add to the confusion about time zone's i notice that the announcements are made in one time zone and the forum is in another(see current time at bottom of page).
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    sdavistatorsdavistator Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PATCHED!

Bring it on.....
  • Options
    rbatalla1977rbatalla1977 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The golden rule is to always have additionally at least as much time as the job requires to be completed - i.e. if you need 3 hours, you will say that you need 6 - thus if something goes wrong (and with such big as^2 updates it will probably happen), you can take your time and fix the issue(s).

This is the "Scotty rule", it's the only way to keep the "Miracle Worker" reputation... :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to add to the confusion about time zone's i notice that the announcements are made in one time zone and the forum is in another(see current time at bottom of page).

Yeah, looks like the forum is running PST, and posts are in (which is correct for places that observe daylight savings time) PDT.
  • Options
    planckconstantplanckconstant Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not that I'm impatient or anything. I don't have a problem. I can stop anytime I want. Really.
  • Options
    solcratessolcrates Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is like crack cocaine
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Forums are usually on your local timezone, unless you never set your time zone, in which case I think they default to Greenwich Mean Time.

I live not far from Cryptic, and my forum time is PDT time, like Cryptic is.
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 thing i deleted my prepatch because it would not work and patch properly and im half way through the 10 gb patch and have recived only 98 kb can anyone help me with this will it be fine or not ???????????????????????/
  • Options
    doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    Forums are usually on your local timezone, unless you never set your time zone, in which case I think they default to Greenwich Mean Time.

I live not far from Cryptic, and my forum time is PDT time, like Cryptic is.

Then I really need to fix something, because I'm on EDT, and my forums show up in PST...
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should now be able to start patching Legacy of Romulus via the launcher -- please note that our current ETA is still Noon PDT (~4.5 hours from now).

Thanks for your patience! :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thank You Mr. To The Left ... :D
    1 thing i deleted my prepatch because it would not work and patch properly and im half way through the 10 gb patch and have recived only 98 kb can anyone help me with this will it be fine or not ???????????????????????/

Yer fine...

Mines the same.

DONE...

... Ended up being 212Kb and took about 13 minutes to complete.

:)

Now we wait...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Thank You Mr. To The Left ... :D

Yer fine...

Mines the same.

thank you very much for help
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thank you very much for help

Yer very welcome...

Always remember... DON'T PANIC ...

...and here's a towel for ya.

;)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder how many of the bugs we found during the testing will not be fixed just so they could meet their May 21st release date?...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    I wonder how many of the bugs we found during the testing will not be fixed just so they could meet their May 21st release date?...

Go through the last few patch notes, and you'll probably be able to get yer answer.
This discussion has been closed.