test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (May 21, 2013) - The Launch of Legacy of Romulus

Comments

• shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Woohoo, downloading the patch as we speak so I can make a Romulan tonight.
  • seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why couldnt they have started it at 1am PDT?

for some of us it gets released later in the night.

Who cares what time its released, you know its it not long now,
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So far I have patched around 6,5 gb of 10gb. Thanks to the pre-patch and/or Tribble, I have downloaded only 277kb. :D
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was already very exited about LoR, but now, when I read full patch notes, I'm jumping in my chair. Very nice set of fixes/improvements to the old game in addition to new content.

Good job, Cryptic!
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seanftd wrote: »
    Who cares what time its released, you know its it not long now,

You can start patching now, servers are a while away from going up though. It's a 10GB patch by the way
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Done patching, ok, I am ready to play... never mind, 4 more hours...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can start patching now, servers are a while away from going up though. It's a 10GB patch by the way
    It's 10 gigs if you didn't pre-patch. If you've pre-patched it's much, much smaller. I think I got 27 MBs received due to my pre-patch.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can I delete the contents of my pre-patch folder after the game is done patching those 10GB of data? It's taking up a lot of free space I could use for... ehm.. something else. :D
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    It's 10 gigs if you didn't pre-patch. If you've pre-patched it's much, much smaller. I think I got 27 MBs received due to my pre-patch.

I got a 10GB pre-patch, and it's a 10GB patch now, it's patching pretty quickly though, only started a minute ago and it's already 2GB in
  • captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can someone tell me what time the maintenace finish in uk time please
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got a 10GB pre-patch, and it's a 10GB patch now, it's patching pretty quickly though, only started a minute ago and it's already 2GB in
    It says 10 GB, but it's not taking all 10 GBs from the Cryptic patch servers if you pre-patched. It's taking some from Cryptic and transferring some from your pre-patch folder at the same time - it's updating whatever changes between when you pre-patched and now. Look at the Received line to see how much you've actually gotten. That will be different for everyone.

If you didn't pre-patch you're in for the 10 GBs, though.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • enyinayaenyinaya Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can someone tell me what time the maintenace finish in uk time please

we are on British summer time (BST) which is UTC +1. So if server comes back online at 1900 Hrs it will be 2000Hrs (8Pm) UK time.
    This are empty!
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    also its not actually 10GB either.

That is the files being patched. the download itself will be smaller, but as I've done it in stages I cant say what it would be.
  • hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Says the game is online on all servers... Is it a lie?

http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online

Yep... It is... 'Can't Connect to Log in Server'... Was hoping for a surprise maintenance completed ahead of schedule. I did get all patched up though on Tribble and Holodeck, so I'm ahead of the game.
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why couldnt they have started it at 1am PDT?

for some of us it gets released later in the night.

This is a massive undertaking. More than likely some of the DEVs did work the graveyard shift setting everything up for the main group that started at 6 a.m. PDT. I would rather the DEVs come in rested and ready rather than buzzed and half dead zombies.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • leveslylevesly Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    otisnoble wrote: »
    This is a massive undertaking. More than likely some of the DEVs did work the graveyard shift setting everything up for the main group that started at 6 a.m. PDT. I would rather the DEVs come in rested and ready rather than buzzed and half dead zombies.

Everyone knows that the best work done for anything is when the workforce is zombie like and buzzing from caffeinated products
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if all you Capts read the fine print....

But no one will be allowed to log in post-patch until they:

#1 had a shower

#2 socially interacted with any living breathing creature/person/goldfish/kittycat.......

So don't delay so you don't miss out
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pingahead wrote: »
    Not sure if all you Capts read the fine print....

But no one will be allowed to log in post-patch until they:

#1 had a shower

#2 socially interacted with any living breathing creature/person/goldfish/kittycat.......

So don't delay so you don't miss out
    We are all ..... doomed. DOOOOOOMED!
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • gregbgregb Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    d000000000med

The Goldfish and kitty kats shall have revenge.

Random Cat: "Do you think your world is safe?......"

o.o
  • randolf2randolf2 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waiting to create another Romulan but this time on Holodeck!:)
    Empress Sela, was assimulated by the Borg drone named Tasa Yar! :eek:
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks to Prepatch and Tribble... Done..

Now I just have to wait until some time after 3pm Eastern Standard Time.. Good thing I'll be out of the home during the remainder of the maintance time. :D
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My launcher shows a 6 gb patch.
  • satanailofhwbgsatanailofhwbg Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The golden rule is to always have additionally at least as much time as the job requires to be completed - i.e. if you need 3 hours, you will say that you need 6 - thus if something goes wrong (and with such big as^2 updates it will probably happen), you can take your time and fix the issue(s).
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    levesly wrote: »
    Everyone knows that the best work done for anything is when the workforce is zombie like and buzzing from caffeinated products

Not really, when I was in the military putting in two twelve hour shifts back to back running on two pots of coffee one can of jolt and nodoze I was less productive pinging off the walls like a superball with the attention span of a two year old.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A shame it's going to go live at 2pm my time. That is the busiest time here at my job (The one place I can play this game at full graphics due to the work computer being light years better than my home laptop.)

Kinda hope it finishes early, but knowing me I'll be staying late tonight getting my character at least to level 11 so I can do (if this is anything like the fed side 1-50) the romulan mirror events whenever I want.
  • xxxnighthawkexxxxxxnighthawkexxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lucky its just 2 pm for you.. I have to wait till 21:00 (9pm) and i hardly get any time to play as i have to get up at 4:30 AM *sadface*
  • cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should now be able to start patching Legacy of Romulus via the launcher -- please note that our current ETA is still Noon PDT (~4.5 hours from now).

Thanks for your patience! :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thank you :)
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xraytec wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about the wait. The scheduled maintenance time for me was over 2 1/2 Hours ago, and I still get nothing but "server has timed out"

One of my favourite things about that Mayan Apocalypse nonsense some white people just made up out of thin air a few months ago? It exposed how many people have no idea how time zones work.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
This discussion has been closed.