test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 21, 2013) - The Launch of Legacy of Romulus

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Jolan tru Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Tuesday, May 21st, at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply the Legacy of Romulus patch. Patch notes can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=688641, and we expect this maintenance to last for 6 hours. The test servers may also be unavailable during this time.

For information about Legacy of Romulus, check out our overview site, and these Dev Blogs.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good times, and here we go!
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looking forward to the server overloads. :D
  • Options
    derekslidederekslide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome, looking forward to it!
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Counting the hours now.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was hoping you guys would start the patch at 12 AM PDT. Darn you DEVS and your need for sleep! :P
  • Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very excited!
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Woohoo! Bring on the best expansion EVER!! (yes I've been to tribble and it's AWESOME!) :D
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Twelve hours, forty-seven minutes. All hands... battle stations.

It begins. Make it so!
  • Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Woohoo! Bring on the best expansion EVER!! (yes I've been to tribble and it's AWESOME!) :D

+1 on this, not only the content but overhaul of game features such as the UI, I think will make it feel like an almost new game.
  • Options
    solonitesolonite Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't wait to play Legacy of Romulus...hopefully everything will be up and running alright cause at the moment you can't even get into the launcher and when people do get in they get stuck at login server.
  • Options
    lordgabelordgabe Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good to know the times, having some launcher issues suddenly hope it clears up for the actual launch but cannot wait yay! :)
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
    W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    +1 on this, not only the content but overhaul of game features such as the UI, I think will make it feel like an almost new game.

My thoughts exactly! It seriously Does feel like a whole new game now! Can't wait for it to go live on Holodeck! :)
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    12h 30m til maintenance, woot! :D
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OFC europe and the rest of the east side of the wold gets shafted. the servers opens at 9pm CET on a weekday, guess how many europeans going to play for a long time then.
  • Options
    purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    angarus1 wrote: »
    Looking forward to the server overloads. :D

I was thinking the same thing. The Server is going to get Zerged... On the plus side its not until Friday until I can play, so hopefully some semblance of calm should have returned by then.

Of course its the Neverwinter players whom I feel sorry (Less sorry for now after reading their general discussions!) for. They're going to get more down time.
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    6 Hours? Well, I am sure it will be worth it. Legacy of Romulus has been a blast on Tribble and I can't wait to get started on my Romulan and Klingon Characters on Tribble.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so 2pm till 8pm uk time + overloaded server time , looks like no sto for me tomorrow night then :(
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And I'll be willing to bet 85 percent of the bugs that have still not been fixed will go live with this patch. You know, Bran, the things we've been pointing out a hundred times over, yet your dev team hasn't seemed to even acknowledge?
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Tuesday, May 21st, at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply the Legacy of Romulus patch. Patch notes will be posted later tonight, and we expect this maintenance to last for 6 hours. The test servers may also be unavailable during this time.

For information about Legacy of Romulus, check out our overview site, and these Dev Blogs.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

HOW DARE YOU!!!!! You are Devs, sleep is futile.

And what the hell are we supposed to do for 6 hours!?!?!?! Twiddle our thumbs, get mistaken for crack TRIBBLE because we're dying for our LOR crack, create massive offerings to the Fanged God of Tacos, Milk all the cows on the planet so Branflakes can have his morning crater of cereal??!!

Damn it don't you Borg...err Devs have a speed setting...crank that shiit up!!!

No, okay then guess we'll patiently wait til it's done. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    HOW DARE YOU!!!!! You are Devs, sleep is futile.

And what the hell are we supposed to do for 6 hours!?!?!?! Twiddle our thumbs, get mistaken for crack TRIBBLE because we're dying for our LOR crack, create massive offerings to the Fanged God of Tacos, Milk all the cows on the planet so Branflakes can have his morning crater of cereal??!!

Damn it don't you Borg...err Devs have a speed setting...crank that shiit up!!!

No, okay then guess we'll patiently wait til it's done. :D

You sir get 10 x Internets for the best "not-so-serious" moan & groan so far! lol :D
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Poor server are going to be like they were oh like last few weeks?

Then there will be all these ppl who haven't played for 6 months asking me how you do this and how do you do that and I will be like hell if I know it just launched although I did stay at holiday inn last night.
  • Options
    cptshephardcptshephard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's going to be very hard to sleep tonight.

I need some Romulan Ale.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish the devs good luck with the update. When it will work it will be awesome, I know from Tribble.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Big One :D

Guess I'll make other plans for tomorrow even then if it's a 6 hour patch :P

Everyone take your last screenshots of the current UI!
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Between the server downtimes and the long patch, I probably won't get to play tomorrow. Still, I'm very excited for the launch. :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Kinda like when my wife colors her hair...it's like being with a different woman.:D

Oh yeah...and devs, you might want to feed the hamsters a little extra. Methinks the servers will be quite busy and they'll need the extra energy.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    sabremeister1sabremeister1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "All I ask is a cloaked ship, and a star to sail her by"... And maybe some plasma cannons and a prefire chamber console :D
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so 6 hour maintenance followed by hours of downtime due to unexpected issues and when the game is up server overload we should see a total of what 10 hours downtime as a conservative estimate then??????
  • Options
    rdellaripa23rdellaripa23 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess that means the Transporter Officer on the KDF Shipyard is scheduled to be executed at 9AM PDT tomorrow? Wonder if he knows... :)
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    6 hours so ok it will be pretty much the 22 nd in the UK by the time everything is up and patched then. . .

Not exactly as promised then hmmm, good job I'm not able to log on till Wednesday or I would be mega annoyed
    JtaDmwW.png
This discussion has been closed.