Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 21, 2013) - The Launch of Legacy of Romulus

Comments

• Options
    syssilsyssil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One thing comes to my mind right now...

Open, open, open...

From what I got to see on Tribble, this expansion is awesome! I'm looking forward to the servers to come back up.
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doalxk wrote: »
    My "patch" said it was ~10 Gb, (I have on-demand patching off), though only had to download ~100 Mb
    Weird.

Since the version I installed was from the start of Season Seven, I wonder if the upgrade rolls back a few of the proceeding patches. Who knows. I am going to download another copy this weekend.
  • Options
    metallicats8098metallicats8098 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    Something to read during the downtime :P
    exactly wat im doing
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only 31 pages?

Come on you slackers! :P
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well im gonna go on tribble for a bit have fun guys
    :D
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For anyone who in pre-patching who kept freezing at 46%, so did I, but I can tell you it seems to be working right now. It's not doing that annoying thing where it makes you start over from 0 again and again now.

I am currently patching. It ripped through the first 46% just unpackaging those already downloaded files, and now seems to be patching normally from that point. I'm up to 53% now.

So those of you like me that had issues appear to be good to go. Knock on wood.

Knock on wood is correct, I also was having alot of problems trying to pre-patch. Now i am Patching, what hopefully is LOR, a 6074mb patch, and i am at 84% and counting. Only problem is Shard wont be back up untill 3pm for me. I cant wait to create my Romulan toon:D
    Does anybody no if we will get an extra character slot for our Romulans?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow only 32 pages? Little disappointed in you guys its been 4 hours. When the servers just crash we get like 40 pages in an hour... This was scheduled you should have been planing better.
    I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
    tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
    I'm in a really bad mood.
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was only just aware , before walkin away from the computer for the night, that you can patch.

Amazingly, out of 6gb, just from the last ten minutes, it's patched 68% ! (perhaps due thanks to the pre-patch---I don't have "tribble").

It seems to have slowed right down now for me though, real slow.

I'll leave the computer and hope it gets done before the night ends. Then see what the new look is like tomorrow.

live long and prosper everyone.

-Aaron
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think we all get 1 free slot for romulans yes
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bumblebush wrote: »

Does anybody no if we will get an extra character slot for our Romulans?

It has been confirmed we do get a free Rommy slot, yes.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd wager it's because everyone knew this coming. When the servers crash or an emergency maintenance pops up it's usually the "OMFG I was in the middle of an ESTF where we were doing SUPERAMAZINGGOOD and I was right about to realize ALL OF MY DREAMS EVER when you BROKE IT. FU Craptic I haet u 4evars!!" posts that clog it up. In this case we all know the good stuff is coming, save for a few people who can't do timezones correctly lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    xdotsxxdotsx Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One day, you should be honest enough to add a "F..k you, Eurof..s" to the launcher image.

In most parts of Europe, this maintenance finishes like 1-3 hours before midnight.

Short question by the way, is there a way to keep the STO website from attempting to redirect me to the german site? It does so when I visit startrekonline.com and it also did so when I logged in here to post.

^ Don't wanna start a topic just for this short question.
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quick question for those players who has some parts of the game like Into the Hive be all dark did they fix that in this patch, i know there where working on a fix but never saw one. Reason i as is cause i still have that problem also when i beam in to the fleet starbase
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xdotsx wrote: »
    One day, you should be honest enough to add a "F..k you, Eurof..s" to the launcher image.

In most parts of Europe, this maintenance finishes like 1-3 hours before midnight.

Aww cheer up mate. Just need to plan better and sleep in the day before so you can stay up late xD
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just hope doffs get a fed. ldf or rom tag in eschange. I get all excited when searching to find the attributes i want then realize i was on the wrong faction doff. :( with three factions the echange will just get crazier for doffs. From a database standpoint just puting a rank (or rank abbr) before their name would allow us to search by a faction specific rank.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    According to a re-tweeted post from Branflakes, its safe to delete the prepatch after you are fully patched.

Where do I find these files at? I can only imagine how much data is getting used up by that.......
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just hope doffs get a fed. ldf or rom tag in eschange. I get all excited when searching to find the attributes i want then realize i was on the wrong faction doff. :( with three factions the echange will just get crazier for doffs. From a database standpoint just puting a rank (or rank abbr) before their name would allow us to search by a faction specific rank.

Post-patch there should be a new feature on searches for faction-specific items. I remember this coming up specifically in the Tribble test forum.

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xdotsx wrote: »

Dude. Earth is a sphere. Cryptic's workday, no matter when it is, is going to be in the middle of somebody's night. And this way, they're not required to pay overtime to people just for showing up.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    thetraveler82thetraveler82 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, well, well... It would seem that, for me, in Romania, the 'terrible' launch of LoR will be on the 22nd May, and NOT on the 21st! Because 19:00 PM PDT means 02:00 AM GMT +3 here. :)

Nice... Let's just hope that the strain on our video cards and CPUs won't be so great anymore. At least that.
    I love Science! STO science. B)
  • Options
    xdotsxxdotsx Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thoksta wrote: »
    Aww cheer up mate. Just need to plan better and sleep in the day before so you can stay up late xD

Not my fault, it's my boss who wants to see me at work every morning. If I had a choice, night would be my day :P
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Dude. Earth is a sphere...

Nope, it is an oblate spheroid :D .
    (Sorry, could not resist)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Dude. Earth is a sphere. Cryptic's workday, no matter when it is, is going to be in the middle of somebody's night. And this way, they're not required to pay overtime to people just for showing up.

Wh...what?! Good sir, Earth is NOT a sphere! Everyone knows that it is a flat disc balanced on the back of a turtle's shell! You also better not believe in this most ridiculous "Heliocentric" theory. It's common knowledge that the heavens are Geocentric! Gentlefolk, I do believe we must stone this heretic!

:P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 hour and 30 mins left XD
    In game: @vividh
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Earth is a strange place inhabited by ugly bags of mostly water.

• Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Post-patch there should be a new feature on searches for faction-specific items. I remember this coming up specifically in the Tribble test forum.

that is good to hear, i was looking on the forums and didnt see a commitment to work on that, but it seems a simple fix. But a bunch of simple fixes still take time. STO needs a college intern summer program for these types of things. :) hee hee hee. I love dumping the repetitious TRIBBLE on the college kids in for a few months. It lets them cut their teeth. Then again we just hire them after they grad and call it a good interview.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I hear that! It would be nice if they added more options, honestly. What if I only want Ferengi DOffs? What if I only want to find ones that have efficient? Exchange has always been in need of improvement but with DOffs it's really needed.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad that I patched tribble every time and did all my prepatching, this only took a few minutes to mirror some patches for me.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    really2297really2297 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea me too I can not wait for it t go from red to green I am so ready to start the new expansion
  • Options
    thetraveler82thetraveler82 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valenn1 wrote: »
    Nope, it is an oblate spheroid :D .
    (Sorry, could not resist)

:))) Was he/she joking about the shape of the Earth or...? :P
    I love Science! STO science. B)
  • Options
    vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Earth is a strange place inhabited by ugly bags of mostly water.

Who are you callin water??!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.