Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 21, 2013) - The Launch of Legacy of Romulus

Comments

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is tribble really online ? because its showing servers are offline
    :confused:

It's only showing the status of Holodeck (and often wrong). I was on Tribble half an hour ago.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey brandon, I know this is a singular request, but it would be nice to know how is the maintenance going on (not Step-by-Step, but explain to us, if you can, what you are doing)
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is tribble really online ? because its showing servers are offline
    :confused:

Yes.. was there just 5 mins ago..
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ychild wrote: »
    No, it's not free for the Life Subscribers. It cost about $125(US Dollars), and it isn't a life subscription. So, if you have the money to purchase LOR, go for it. I'll wait until later and just play STO. :cool:

The Legacy of Romulus EXPANSION is free. Everyone can play it.

The Legacy Pack, which is a discount bundle of all the C-Store Romulan ships and other goodies, is not. Lifers may not get this for free, but they do get veteran rewards for Romulan faction characters. (although some rewards will not be available at launch)
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I tried to patch my pre-patched client.

The good news is: I only need to download 250-something MB.
    The bad news is: my average download speed is 3 kb/s.

Wasn't the whole point of pre-patching to avoid this kind of server load?
  • Options
    ominoushomicideominoushomicide Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will this expansion finally allow me to delete my crystalline entity shard that had been clogging up my inventory. I so don't care about this expansion. I play and a Star Fleet Officer and only and Star Fleet Officer.

fail at the end =p. but ya i only play fed also. so this is just a big damn waste of time also they had 2 freaking do it when i have the whole morning to myself and wont have another chance for some. been way over 6h and still cant play it ffs. this TRIBBLE needs to happen at freaking 2am usa time. not during prime freaking playing hours .
  • Options
    arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fail at the end =p. but ya i only play fed also. so this is just a big damn waste of time also they had 2 freaking do it when i have the whole morning to myself and wont have another chance for some. been way over 6h and still cant play it ffs. this TRIBBLE needs to happen at freaking 2am usa time. not during prime freaking playing hours .

It's only been 3hours and 51 minutes thus far server went down at 6PDT which is 7 MDT 8 CDT 9 EDT continue adding an hour as you move east which means it will be back up at 12PDT 1 MDT 2 CDT 3EDT again add an hour for each time zone as you go east
  • Options
    doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And in a way it did. Imagine what it would be like if you and everyone else needed a 10 Gb patch at 3 Kbps.
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

well i updated my tribble so it pulled it straight from my troble and i had to recive only 123 KB out of the whole 10 GB patch
  • Options
    aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 on this, not only the content but overhaul of game features such as the UI, I think will make it feel like an almost new game.

Not forgetting the AWESOME singularity core explosions! I don't think I'll ever tire of watching them blow up! (Or is it more blow "in"?)
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    R we using tripple toon or making a new toon
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    whoami2 wrote: »
    R we using tripple toon or making a new toon

new toon but everyone is getting a free slot for a new toon
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Because US server operators want to pull graveyard shifts... Also since when was 6 am to noon Pacific time "prime playing hours" (btw its only 10AM pacific time...)
  • Options
    vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only two more hours before Cryptic tell us it'll be two more hours :D
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Daaaaaad are we there yet?

Like I said five minutes ago NO! Now be quiet and let me drive! Bobby, stop hitting your sister!!!!!!!

Are we there yet?

Mom, I gotta peeeee!!!!!
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vorga113 wrote: »
    Only two more hours before Cryptic tell us it'll be two more hours :D

only two extra my arent you optimistic:P
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patching 6074mb as we speak, maybe, hopefully servers will be back up by the time im done patching. Happy LOR everbody:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ychild wrote: »
    No, it's not free for the Life Subscribers. It cost about $125(US Dollars), and it isn't a life subscription. So, if you have the money to purchase LOR, go for it. I'll wait until later and just play STO. :cool:

The "Legacy of Romulus" expansion is 100% free to all players.

The OPTIONAL Legacy Starter Packs" that contain Romulan ships and items (which will be also be available CSTORE); at a discount compared to CSTORE prices) cost anywhere from $20.00 to $125.00 (U.S.); but ARE NOT required to access the new LoR player content.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    balcifer1balcifer1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to start the update so it be done by noon... right now it be done by 3pm for me provided there are no issues
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doalxk wrote: »
    And in a way it did. Imagine what it would be like if you and everyone else needed a 10 Gb patch at 3 Kbps.
    Size of the patch is 6.128 gb.

I started to patch a reinstalled version of "Star Trek: Online" around one hour ago.

I am now at 2.590 gb.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    otisnoble wrote: »
    Daaaaaad are we there yet?

Like I said five minutes ago NO! Now be quiet and let me drive! Bobby, stop hitting your sister!!!!!!!

Are we there yet?

Mom, I gotta peeeee!!!!!

Good one. :)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aidy1972uk wrote: »
    Not forgetting the AWESOME singularity core explosions! I don't think I'll ever tire of watching them blow up! (Or is it more blow "in"?)

Yeah, I definitely love the new ship explosions.
  • Options
    aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well i updated my tribble so it pulled it straight from my troble and i had to recive only 123 KB out of the whole 10 GB patch

Would renaming folders have similar effect?
  • Options
    skquigeskquige Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013

just becuse you only play fed oh no its the end of the world come on this has bin coming for a long time so plan for it like me i dont expect to have much time on today that fine i knew that weeks ago so suck it up and do somthing else
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    linyive wrote: »

I started to patch a reinstalled version of "Star Trek: Online" around one hour ago.

I am now at 2.590 gb.

My "patch" said it was ~10 Gb, (I have on-demand patching off), though only had to download ~100 Mb
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The way the ships asplode now remind me of Shrinky Dinks.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hey Bran throw us a bone the natives are getting restless :)

how bout an update as too if we are still on schedule?

oh and cookies lots and lots of cookies!
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    linyive wrote: »

I am now at 2.590 gb.

Then I don't get it. How come you downloaded 2.6 Gigs in the same amount of time I downloaded 0.2 Gigs?

Do patch servers give different speed to different parts of the world?

PS. I have 50 Mb/s connection and it's working fine. The problem is not on my side.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For anyone who in pre-patching who kept freezing at 46%, so did I, but I can tell you it seems to be working right now. It's not doing that annoying thing where it makes you start over from 0 again and again now.

I am currently patching. It ripped through the first 46% just unpackaging those already downloaded files, and now seems to be patching normally from that point. I'm up to 53% now.

So those of you like me that had issues appear to be good to go. Knock on wood.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aidy1972uk wrote: »
    Would renaming folders have similar effect?

i never botherd with the pre patch it was a waste of time and load off rubish it took me 10 mins to patch the whole 10 gb
This discussion has been closed.