Scheduled Maintenance (May 21, 2013) - The Launch of Legacy of Romulus

Comments

• mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how big is the download for legacy of romulas
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Weird Sensation*

It almost feels like... Yes, I can feel the tips of my ears growing.
    signwidrona.png
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrgardener wrote: »
    how big is the download for legacy of romulas

Rough Estimate, from what I have in Prepatching and TRIBBLE, I'd expect someone without either to hit around 15GB.
  • mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rough Estimate, from what I have in Prepatching and TRIBBLE, I'd expect someone without either to hit around 15GB.
    thank you!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The download size is not the same size as the patch size.

It's compressed.
  • bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The download size is not the same size as the patch size.

It's compressed.

I expected it to be at the very least 8GB from the time I initially downloaded the patch when I was first on the closed beta. But I expect it to be more by now due to all the updates that took place since.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm amazed by the reactions of some fully expecting to play right after the announced 6 hours and even blaming cryptic 6 hours of downtime is too long.

However I'm thankful for the many people trying to reason with them.

I don't expect to log on today at all. Actually I'll just be very happy if I can get to Tribble in the coming days, I've prepared some testing to do. But if even that doesn't work today and tomorrow, I've got other duties to attend to.

So everyone, take a deep breath and watch some Trek. ;)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    toiva wrote: »
    I'm amazed by the reactions of some fully expecting to play right after the announced 6 hours and even blaming cryptic 6 hours of downtime is too long.

However I'm thankful for the many people trying to reason with them.

I don't expect to log on today at all. Actually I'll just be very happy if I can get to Tribble in the coming days, I've prepared some testing to do. But if even that doesn't work today and tomorrow, I've got other duties to attend to.

So everyone, take a deep breath and watch some Trek. ;)

TBH, I only care if the thing works. Even if it took 24 hours, it would be worth the wait if it works. I'll reserve my complaints only if thing doesn't respond on my computer or it shuts down because the devs screwed it up.
  • tyrion10tyrion10 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feeling like Chell when he's offered a tour of engineering on the Enterprise in Elite Force II :"I can't wait" :D (damn, this smiley almost looks like him.lol)
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well that was a very quick 10gb download :)
  • rbatalla1977rbatalla1977 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are we there yet???? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch notes are now available :)http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=688641

I'll update the OP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Branflakes Great Job. Hope you have a great opening day. Can't Wait.........
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why couldnt they have started it at 1am PDT?

for some of us it gets released later in the night.
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The world doesn't revolve around your nation.

STO is international, it's going to be late and early for other people across the world.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Because people need to sleep ?!

If you're European, just go to bed and wait till the next day, until the Emergency Maintenance from ~2 PM PDT - ~6 PM PDT will be over ... like me ... (pretty sure we'll be better off this way ...) :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe none of them wanted to be awake and at work at one in the morning? Would you?
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Developers need sleep too. They've been working hard on this for what, a year now? I think you can wait a few hours.

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    You should now be able to start patching Legacy of Romulus via the launcher -- please note that our current ETA is still Noon PDT (~4.5 hours from now).

Thanks for your patience! :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes! Damnations to the spheric form of the planet earth. Why can't ya'll Work in the nighttime, so I can get to bed at 21.00 when my mama holler!
    /Floozy
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand the excitement, but LoR is permanent. If you can only play 2-3 hours tonight due to your timezone you still have the rest of the game's life to play it. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Whenever they release it, someone's going to get the short end of the stick with it being released out of their primetime, best not to worry about it IMO as it's probably going to be laggy for the first day or so anyway, there's bound to be downtime for maintenance at some point just after release, there always is on release days
  • beeblebrox72beeblebrox72 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just hope my computer can handle it, so excited!! If my computer can't handle it i may be driven to a life of crime.........KAAAAAAAAAHHHNNN!!!!
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
  • cptshephardcptshephard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The "Notices" addition to the forums was quite a startling change. GREENIFY ALL THE THINGS!!
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patching now. 10gb and it seems to be going fast due to the pre-patch I downloaded? :D
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They would also probably like the whole team in the office when it goes live in case they have to make emergency bug fixes.
  • cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrgardener wrote: »
    thank you!

6gb when I downloaded on tribble
    cryptic used to do patching early in the morning in europe and the turn of the day in the states where no one was likely to be online except a few zombie players.. which is why i never accept cosmicone's comment no matter what. things can change.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • zalzanyzalzany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to wait for the wee hours of the night for my patches on War Thunder that is Russian made; its just the price you pay when you like/love another nation developer's game. At least they give you patch notes, I have to wait for some one to look them up in the Russian forum then translate them for me with War Thunder.
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They would also probably like the whole team in the office when it goes live in case they have to make emergency bug fixes.

Yep, this. I've seen many a game hold off release until more of their office staff is available. They may also be waiting on their customer support staff to come in.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cryptic used to do patching early in the morning in europe and the turn of the day in the states where no one was likely to be online except a few zombie players.. which is why i never accept cosmicone's comment no matter what. things can change.
    And Cryptic still has access to the one thing you don't have: server data. :)

The truth is they've changed the patch time several times over the years, but the one constant they've always said was that it was due to server data.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
This discussion has been closed.