Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 21, 2013) - The Launch of Legacy of Romulus

Comments

• Options
    knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vividh wrote: »
    1 hour and 30 mins left XD

With the current speed i doubt i will be done patching by then. I went to tribble on the test weekend, and after that had several aborted pre-patch tries. Now i started when bran told us to. The first 50% went wihtout downloading anything.. then it took like an hour from 50 to 79% and now it took another hour from 79% to 87%. Seems its getting slower VERY fast. 373 MB of that had to be downloaded for that so far.

Can everybody still wait with their patch until i am done? Thanks. :D
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • Options
    dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vorga113 wrote: »
    Who are you callin water??!!!!!

The person made of water :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stunnednukestunnednuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else having the problem having the issue of slow downloading? I've got 125MB left and its been downloading only a few KBs a second.
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow. I knew it was going to be extensive, but didn't think it would be this extensive. I'm really looking forward to seeing the changes of gameplay, UI and the Tailor. Even if I do have to wait till the weekend before I can patch it up and play.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will this expansion finally allow me to delete my crystalline entity shard that had been clogging up my inventory. I so don't care about this expansion. I play and a Star Fleet Officer and only and Star Fleet Officer.

I believe that one of the last couple of Tribble Patch Notes indicated that you WILL be able to.
    genhauk wrote: »
    Cough cough .... just for you .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vUBsTJYK28

When I first saw that movie, I was sooo hoping that Donkey was going to break out and do this song after I heard his first pop.

Sadly, he didn't.

(And yes children, that is what a Record looks like)

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the current speed i doubt i will be done patching by then. I went to tribble on the test weekend, and after that had several aborted pre-patch tries. Now i started when bran told us to. The first 50% went wihtout downloading anything.. then it took like an hour from 50 to 79% and now it took another hour from 79% to 87%. Seems its getting slower VERY fast. 373 MB of that had to be downloaded for that so far.

Ive been testing since closed beta and kept up with all the patches XD all 10gb done within seconds, ill be ready
    In game: @vividh
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The 10GB patch took about 7 min for me to get and then it was another 5-6GB when I restarted the launcher.

So, all set here!
    :D
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    There is a correction I am making to the patch notes, under the "Systems" category.

• Updated "Emergency Power" Bridge Officer Abilities:
      • The Emergency Power category of abilities has been tuned so that all four abilities are closer in utility to one another.
      • The duration of all Emergency Power buffs has been standardized at 30 seconds.
      • The shared cooldown between two Emergency Power-type abilities of the same type has been standardized at 30 seconds.
        • Example: Emergency Power to Shields I and Emergency Power to Shields II
      • Emergency Power to Engines:
        • Increased the Flight Speed bonus of Rank 2 and Rank 3 of this ability.
        • Increased the duration of the Flight Speed bonus from 5 seconds up to 30 seconds.
        • This ability now also gives a small flat added value to Turn Speed.
      • Emergency Power to Auxiliary:
        • Modified the tooltip to display the actual amount of Starship Stealth Detection given by this ability.
        • This ability now gives a skill bonus to Starship Particle Generators, Starship Graviton Generators, and Subspace Decompiler for 30 seconds when used.
        • The Stealth and Stealth Detection attributes of this power now last 30 seconds, up from 5 seconds.
      • Emergency Power to Weapons:
        • The Energy Weapon damage bonus of this power now lasts 30 seconds, up from 5 seconds.
      • Emergency Power to Shields:
        • There were no changes to this power.
    • Space - EPS Manifold Efficiency:
      • When you use Emergency Power to Auxiliary, Emergency Power to Engines, Emergency Power to Shields, or Emergency Power to Weapons, this trait causes all of your other power levels to gain a moderate subsystem boost. When you use any Battery, this trait causes all of your other power levels to gain a large subsystem boost

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    I'd wager it's because everyone knew this coming. When the servers crash or an emergency maintenance pops up it's usually the "OMFG I was in the middle of an ESTF where we were doing SUPERAMAZINGGOOD and I was right about to realize ALL OF MY DREAMS EVER when you BROKE IT. FU Craptic I haet u 4evars!!" posts that clog it up. In this case we all know the good stuff is coming, save for a few people who can't do timezones correctly lol.

Don't forget the guy that thinks he has to pay for LoR and is just going to keep playing Episode 7.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a correction I am making to the patch notes, under the "Systems" category.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Good news, thank you
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Same here unfortunately. Got 66% done in less than 10min without receiving anything, left my computer for 1 hour, now at 78%.
    At this rate the server will come back online and I will still be patching:

Patched: 4812.6 MB / 6074 MB
    Received: 711.2 MB 78%

as of this post.

Misery loves company :P
  • Options
    ultrixroultrixro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, well, well... It would seem that, for me, in Romania, the 'terrible' launch of LoR will be on the 22nd May, and NOT on the 21st! Because 19:00 PM PDT means 02:00 AM GMT +3 here. :).

who told you maintenance will be done at 19:00 PDT? will be over at 19:00 UTC, that mean GMT+3, 22:00 in Romania.
  • Options
    draconsindraconsin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its my hope that they took the time to expand and fix the servers after earlyer this months stuffs.
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    does anyone use EptE? I try to minimize engine power to give most to shield, aux, and weapons based on the situation. What am I missing that I completely marginalize engine power in pvp and pve
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

• Emergency Power to Shields:
      • There were no changes to this power.

Thank you!! You had me worried there for a minute! :eek:
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2013

[*]Space - EPS Manifold Efficiency:
    • When you use Emergency Power to Auxiliary, Emergency Power to Engines, Emergency Power to Shields, or Emergency Power to Weapons, this trait causes all of your other power levels to gain a moderate subsystem boost. When you use any Battery, this trait causes all of your other power levels to gain a large subsystem boost
    [/LIST]

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hot diggity dog! My engineer lives and dies by EPX abilities. I know what I'm getting
  • Options
    wanderer89wanderer89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Done and done, took me about five minutes to patch due to testing last weekend :) just awaiting the servers to go back up.

Having a party incidentally tonight for it. Beer, takeaway and Star Trek Online. I just hope I can buy my TOS Romulan costume straight away from the C-store.
    THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS TRYULIS
    Vice Admiral Dir Sonatra, I.R.W. Kholairlha, Scimitar Class Warbird
    Vice Admiral Oshin S'ree, USS Steamrunner, Steamrunner Class

TEN FORWARD FLEET
  • Options
    guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 hour 15 minutes to go!!!!
    How are things going Brandon?
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you!! You had me worried there for a minute! :eek:

Me to, then I seen no change to the shields... happy days! That power has saved my ship countless times!
  • Options
    nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the maint. on schedule to be over in just over an hour?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    {UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
  • Options
    kruge41kruge41 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happy happy joy joy. Another huge patch that most likely will not install! Yep, really looking forward to this.
    can any one confirm free slot for romulan character,as fed and Klingon slots taken spent a lot of zen on both characters,75 mins to go before start cant wait to start,,
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    took forever for me to patch, I did the tribble test last weekend and all I had to do patch was like 10% but it took like an hour to do, WTF!!!!!!
  • Options
    fleischmanntvfleischmanntv Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [*]The duration of all Emergency Power buffs has been standardized at 30 seconds.
    [*]The shared cooldown between two Emergency Power-type abilities of the same type has been standardized at 30 seconds.
    • Example: Emergency Power to Shields I and Emergency Power to Shields II

Hasn't this always been the case or am I getting something wrong?
    One hour of FleischmannTV saves one square kilometre of precious peble wasteland.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Passing the time watching "The Enterprise Incident" ... http://www.startrek.com/watch_episode/mikaKkPrVbtD
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they need a handy dandy countdown for the maintenance to be over, like they did to announce the announcement for announcing when LoR's release was to be announced.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    carardrhas25carardrhas25 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny thing.

I just got a Vision of Brandon and his staff sitting together with coffee and donuts, following this thread and laughing about all us silly users waiting to log in while the real maintenance is already done since 30 Minutes..

Am i right Bran ? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny thing.

I just got a Vision of Brandon and his staff sitting together with coffee and donuts, following this thread and laughing about all us silly users waiting to log in while the real maintenance is already done since 30 Minutes..

Am i right Bran ? :rolleyes:

You know I think you're somehow right, do you? :D
  • Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me to, then I seen no change to the shields... happy days! That power has saved my ship countless times!

I know, right? Spamming I and II of that suckah on endless loop is a hide saver! :D
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Nice, it was all just dated info. ;)
    kruge41 wrote: »
    can any one confirm free slot for romulan character,as fed and Klingon slots taken spent a lot of zen on both characters,75 mins to go before start cant wait to start,,
    Yes, Brandon has confirmed everyone gets 1 Free character slot (somewhere in the beginning of this thread).
    Hasn't this always been the case or am I getting something wrong?

Not on Tribble, for a moment, the shared CD was 20s, as well as the powers' durations. Since their CDs were kept to 45s and different EPtX abilities' shared CDs at 30s, it created one enormous mess.

Hopefully, such a mess won't happen again.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    roninfel wrote: »
    Don't forget the guy that thinks he has to pay for LoR and is just going to keep playing Episode 7.

Heh... that would be a neat trick if he could.
    guglif wrote: »
    1 hour 15 minutes to go!!!!
    How are things going Brandon?

Give or Take..

Will this be remembered as The Legacy or Romulas or The Lag-acy of Romulas?

Stay tuned for further details...
    kruge41 wrote: »

It has been confirmed MANY TIMES now that...

YES WE ARE GETTING A FREE ROMULAN EXCLUSIVE CHARACTER SLOT WHEN THIS GOES LIVE.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
This discussion has been closed.