test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Legacy of Romulus Pre-Patching Enabled (Now disabled!)

Comments

• Options
    custov131custov131 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also having this problem.

Let it run overnight, thinking to prep for LoR, now it says I can't login because of a version conflict? :confused: A bit of warning would have been nice!

How can I fix my client?
  • Options
    borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Today I have loged on STO and it started downloading the patch. Later I started the game and all went well. After loging off the game, it automaticly started downloading an enormous patch (about 6GB). After 23% it just stopped. So I logged and started the game again, and after logoff it started downloading that enormous patch again. And stopped at 3%. After that, it just doesn't finish patching. Everytime it just stalls. What to do?
  • Options
    darkelfofficerdarkelfofficer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay I just ran STO specifically to test this. Have to patch 3615KB to login, exit from character select, it tries to pre-patch, gets to a little over 1,000 kb and shuts itself down. Start up the launcher and it has to repatch that same 3615KB. Try again, get the exact same sequence.
  • Options
    nicktreblanicktrebla Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a patch of 5885 Megs.
    5 tries in downloading it and 5 times it stopped.
    The best result at about 3872 Megs. The worse result at 14 Megs. As the best result was actually the first try (lol) I'm just closing it as soon as it pops up.
    I'll leave it another download try next week. For now I'll just keep on playing with what I have.
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all im getting now is patching 0% for the past hour,,,,,,lol
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Iv tried to pre-patch 3 times already and every time the patch freezes at 32%. Anybody getting the same problem or can explain why its doing this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bumblebush wrote: »
    Iv tried to pre-patch 3 times already and every time the patch freezes at 32%. Anybody getting the same problem or can explain why its doing this?

It always freezes at 0% for me these days... As for why or how to fix... I have no idea.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I logged out last night and left it to do it's thing as I use the PC for music overnight. Anyway 12 hours later I woke up and found it had stopped at 12%.
  • Options
    gallowsbait1gallowsbait1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As mentioned in Tech Support thread also - tried a dozen times, all failing between 2meg (a fraction of 1%) or at most 34%. I'm not happy for a ****ty patch server to cause me to exceed my ISP download limits. :mad:
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to say but im starting to see craptic/perfect world as abit of a joke company.

Played the game for four weeks and had four weeks of maintenance work that has done nothing and now 24hours of trying to download a 6gb patch that wants to download another 9gb/patch computer files but refuses to do so!

I still dont know whyy they install pando media booster if they are going to tell you in the first emails to remove it thats just idiotic imo and seeing as they are not responding to this definate issue then personally i see they dont care about there players just there money.

Four weeks of matinence that does naff all
    24hours of trying to download a 6gb patch
    and now 12hours of trying to patch another 9gb!

Perfect world... my TRIBBLE! Like i said im just closing the TRIBBLE launcher till they fix it, i dont see why people should waste there time trying to fix there issues why should "we" care if they dont. :mad:

Edit:
    Forgot to mention there "security layer" that sends you an email to say a new computer has accessed your account is ****, ive got the same computer and IP registered twice because its unable to tell its the same computer? lol

If it can not tell that your adding the same computer then, just how secure is it???
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I missing something? I've had 2 patches in as many days to the client(and no I'm not talking about the Rommy pre-load) but I see no patch notes.
    My question is what changed client side? Something did or there would be no need to patch if only changes were made server side. Even if it was just to update the .ver of the executable it should be noted somewhere
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you check the Dev Tracker you'll see that Brandon stated yesterday's downtime was only server maintenance. Nothing for the game was added, as Tuesday there's going to be a big patch.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    If you check the Dev Tracker you'll see that Brandon stated yesterday's downtime was only server maintenance. Nothing for the game was added, as Tuesday there's going to be a big patch.

my point remain a client side patch = a client side change a server side only adjustment with no change to the client does not req a patch.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is most likely a change for the lockbox promo (not that i noticed anything being patches but I did not pay much attention).

But some times there are back end stuff they change, that has nothing to do with playing the game, just server improvements, stability fixes, possibly even plugging exploits etc.

they tend not to tell us about them even if there are patch notes.

I would not worry.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There was no patch on Thursday - there was only downtime. If you got a patch it was from earlier in the week - and might have been related to the pre-patch or might be dealing with server stability.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It is most likely a change for the lockbox promo.

But some times there are back end stuff they change, that has nothing to do with playing the game, just server improvements, stability fixes, possibly even plugging exploits etc.

they tend not to tell us about them even if there are patch notes.

I would not worry.

And I usually look at it that way, however it was expressly stated yesterday that no change to the client was taking place.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There was no patch on Thursday - there was only downtime. If you got a patch it was from earlier in the week - and might have been related to the pre-patch or might be dealing with server stability.

re-read the OP not talking about the pre-load
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    re-read the OP not talking about the pre-load
    Re-read. There was no patch yesterday. There were thread on the forum yesterday about why the servers were down and yet there was no patch. If you got a patch it was not from yesterday, it was from earlier in the week - and that could have been a stability patch or it could have been related to starting the pre-patch. No one got a patch yesterday. The servers were just down for maintenance.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Re-read. There was no patch yesterday. There were thread on the forum yesterday about why the servers were down and yet there was no patch. If you got a patch it was not from yesterday, it was from earlier in the week - and that could have been a stability patch or it could have been related to starting the pre-patch. No one got a patch yesterday. The servers were just down for maintenance.

actually there was a patch it was tiny but the launcher did patch. todays was larger
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gievn that I get a 3.6MB patch every time I turn on the launcher I am going to summise what I believe is happening.

When we exit the client we get a pre-patch for LOR. This is changing our client ready for the release on the 21st, but we dont wait until the 21st so the client has to be 'repatched' to the current version without LoR hence why the constant patching on launcher launch.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    actually there was a patch it was tiny but the launcher did patch. todays was larger
    From Branflakes:
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, May 16th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to restart the server -- there are no patch notes as there is no new patch being applied. We expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.
    Notice the bold and underlined portion of yesterday's server maintenance post by BranFlakes? No patrch. I didn't get a patch, and i updated 4 comps yesterday. If you got a patch it was from something earlier in the week. Not from yesterday's downtime.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If it had not been expressly stated there was no change I would have just assumed it was backend optimization or something. Not trying to be difficult but it's either one or the other
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I will say it again, there was a patch it was incredibly tiny but the client did patch
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I will say it again, there was a patch it was incredibly tiny but the client did patch
    Well, BranFlakes and my 4 comps disagree with you. That's just the way it is, I guess. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well, BranFlakes and my 4 comps disagree with you. That's just the way it is, I guess. :)

which is why I'm asking the question
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Well sorry but seeing as I, like the OP, patch on every launch I also Disagree with you.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Well sorry but seeing as I, like the OP, patch on every launch I also Disagree with you.
    Then I'll say that's an error in your system then, because I certainly don't patch every time I launch; and I doubt most other people do either. The system searches for patches every time I launch, but it finds nothing and goes on to engage. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Then I'll say that's an error in your system then, because I certainly don't patch every time I launch; and I doubt most other people do either. :)

Then my question is even more valid, if there is an error on my end I would like to know cause/effect
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    May not be a system error so much as whether or not patch on demand is enabled or not. Had I been on my fixed internet connection I would have had on demand disabled but while on a mobile connection I have to patch as needed due to limits.

So patch on demand disabled - patch never
    so patch on demand enabled - patch every launch

• Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does it even matter?

If the game works and the launcher works and you've pre-patched successfully then is this even an issue? Maybe there is some minor discrepancy caused by the pre-patcher or some boringly complex reason why you had a minor patch. If everything is working fine, then just leave it alone to let it do its thing.
This discussion has been closed.