test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Legacy of Romulus Pre-Patching Enabled (Now disabled!)

Comments

• Options
    jadenmiajadenmia Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously! If your server is going to send a prepatch, FINISH THE JOB!!!

Don't keep wasting my time with a patch that never completes and then repatches the same thing same thing every time I log in and out!

IF YOU GOT SOMETHING TO PATCH, PATCH IT AND GET IT OVER WITH!
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As has been posted a few different times in a few different threads, try this:
    In options on the launcher I check ticked "disable on demand patching" and also check ticked "force verify". I re-ran the patch and it did all 100%. So this appears to be the trick to the problem of stopping at 45 to 46% problem. Many thanks to the person who first posted this solution. I never would of worked it out on my own. Once it is done btw, I checked unticked or put how it was orginally the "disable on demand patching" and "force verify" check boxes. Everytime u get out of the game it still tries to do the patch. In fact I believe it just hangs eventually somewhere on 0%. Not to worry as the files are all downloaded as the game size is much, much bigger now. Just get out of it. When expansion pack is released on the 21st, all the prepatched files will be there.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any one else got a 3K something patch on Holodeck? Seems it continues to download it every time I log back on. Only came after I pre-patched LoR.
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That information does not stop the launcher popping up everytime you quit the game asking you to patch 9883MB it normally stops at 0-1% but can goto 7%
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    x0ligy wrote: »
    That information does not stop the launcher popping up everytime you quit the game asking you to patch 9883MB it normally stops at 0-1% but can goto 7%
    I'm not trying to give an ultimate solution, because there isn't one. It's impossible to guess why some people patch with ease while others get hung-up. It might have to do with some player's anti-virus or firewalls, or a dozen other things. But if people are bound and determined to get the pre-patch in before the 21st when it just becomes a patch the above is one way to do it. You can always just close the launcher when it pops back up on exit subsequent visits.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, if you want all the patching for Legacy of Romulus done before Tuesday, just go download the patch for Tribble. With "On-Demand Patching" disabled.

Then, on Tuesday, you won't have to download anything (or at the very least, very little).
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    scatter24scatter24 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please don't flame me if this has already been asked/answered, but I don't have time to read through 28 pages of posts.

Will this pre-patch destroy my Federation character I already have in STO? I would like to know before I download it.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    scatter24 wrote: »
    Please don't flame me if this has already been asked/answered, but I don't have time to read through 28 pages of posts.

Will this pre-patch destroy my Federation character I already have in STO? I would like to know before I download it.

Thank you.

It will have no effect on your federation character.

When Legacy of Romulus comes out on Tuesday, there will be few alterations to your Federation character; most notably, he will gain access to additional, new traits, and a retrait token.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No. Holodeck (the live production game) assets won't be affected.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On demand patching is disabled if had it disabled for nearly 24hours.

As for closing the launcher, thats all im doing and its a TRIBBLE solution to a problem that this company do not care about. If they sorted out issues rather than just letting people argue and complain here there and everywhere there woould be less issues and work load for them.

I have noticed they merge posts but dont reply with ANY help or advice for users.

Anyway i really can not be arsed to argue, ive had enough with how TRIBBLE cryptics coding is and there inability to do anything right or even help there players when there are issues im off watch tv and have a beer. Its more "fun" than dealing with game issues...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    x0ligy wrote: »
    On demand patching is disabled if had it disabled for nearly 24hours.

As for closing the launcher, thats all im doing and its a TRIBBLE solution to a problem that this company do not care about. If they sorted out issues rather than just letting people argue and complain here there and everywhere there woould be less issues and work load for them.

I have noticed they merge posts but dont reply with ANY help or advice for users.

Anyway i really can not be arsed to argue, ive had enough with how TRIBBLE cryptics coding is and there inability to do anything right or even help there players when there are issues im off watch tv and have a beer. Its more "fun" than dealing with game issues...

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, my friend.

MODERATORS are the ones who merge posts, and they do so to keep the forum clean. They likely do not have the answers, as they are volunteers.

If you believe Cryptic's coding is 'TRIBBLE,' then why don't you submit your resume so you can help them, since yours is obviously so much better. ^_^

But really... downloading the tribble patch solves the Pre-Patching issue... so you should either do it, or stop complaining. ^_^

Have a wonderful day.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wish mine would get stuck at 46%...but no, it doesn't even get started. When the pre-patcher pops up, it downloads maybe a few hundred kb before shutting down by itself. Every time.

EDIT: And still does it after patching Tribble.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you believe Cryptic's coding is 'TRIBBLE,' then why don't you submit your resume so you can help them, since yours is obviously so much better.

You're really, really bad at this internet thing.
    But really... downloading the tribble patch solves the Pre-Patching issue...

It's been reported numerous times this isn't true.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    warpangel wrote: »
    I just wish mine would get stuck at 46%...but no, it doesn't even get started. When the pre-patcher pops up, it downloads maybe a few hundred kb before shutting down by itself. Every time.

EDIT: And still does it after patching Tribble.
    Try turning off all your virus protection and firewalls and then try it all again. It's possible that something in the pre-patch is interacting with your protection software and making it stop the download.

At different times I've had issues with the Launcher because Cryptic changes the access route - and I keep my Firewall set tight and so have to approve new access routes. It would just sit there and not patch due to my Firewall until I allowed the new routing.

I'm not saying the above is an issue, I'm just saying it's something to try.
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We've released a new launcher that should address the issue with pre-patch not completing.
    You will need to restart your launcher, and the next pre-patch will complete as expected.

If you are not able to auto-update the launcher, you can download a new one here:
    http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/launcher/Neverwinter.exe
    http://download.perfectworld.com/sto/launcher/Star Trek Online.exe
    http://download.perfectworld.com/co/launcher/Champions Online.exe
  • Options
    polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How big is it, I only have a few gb left on my gaming ssd?
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We've released a new launcher that should address the issue with pre-patch not completing.
    You will need to restart your launcher, and the next pre-patch will complete as expected.

If you are not able to auto-update the launcher, you can download a new one here:

Cool :) Relayed info to everyone here, and will test ASAP.

Edit: Seems to work so far, but my Internet connection is slow at this location. But it's moving, which is more than it was doing before :) I'll give it more testing out tonight at home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is working Zero, but it is excruciatingly slow. I'm on 50/50 fiber in Scandinavia and it's downloading slower than 56k modem speeds.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    It is working Zero, but it is excruciatingly slow. I'm on 50/50 fiber in Scandinavia and it's downloading slower than 56k modem speeds.

So I'll see you in game in June? ;-)

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still doesn't work. Loads at a decent speed for a few seconds, then silently quits. Loading that launcher update manually changed nothing, but I guess it had auto-updated already anyway.

Meh, I have better things to do than worry about the pre-patcher. I'll just load it all on tuesday.
  • Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's so slow it will probably be a week or two after launch before the preload completes. 90MB in half an hour, impressive QA again.
  • Options
    omegaher0omegaher0 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also having this issue with the patcher constantly appaering after logging out. The first time it was around 5000mb. Now it's over 9000 MB (Cue the jokes)! I juust wanted to know why it's patching so much and is there some kind of workaround since my internet sucks and the patch takes FOOOORRREVVVEEER!
    "Suffer the little ones, lest they rise up and beat you senseless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gathering
  • Options
    mightionnymightionny Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm... the patcher (the new one) got to 81 percent before it started proceeding so slow I could type in the code myself... I restarted the launcher... which was a mistake, cause I'm back down to five percent.
  • Options
    aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am sitting for 3 hours now for the patch and am at 47%. Seriously, get the servers fixed please.
  • Options
    kakarot069kakarot069 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that new launcher does nothing to help me. all it does is tell me i have an invalid username/password when i use the exact same username/password i've been using ever since i started playing STO.

it's things like this that make me not want to play STO, especially when nothing is done about the problems.
  • Options
    klaituklaitu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This update seems to be working. I'm up to 83.7%. It's not fast, but it's faster than frozen, which is just fine by me.
  • Options
    buf0rdtjust1cebuf0rdtjust1ce Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, the new launcher is patching really, really slowly. The last couple of days I was downloading over 1.0MB/s from the patch server. Now it looks to be around 100-150KB/s. But if it actually goes through to 100% completion it will have wasted less time than all my tries before. But my advice to anyone reading this thread before updating their launcher and trying again to get the full pre-patch -- don't sit around the computer watching the numbers in the launcher creep forward. Put your game time in tonight, then leave your PC running with the launcher patching and go to bed. By the time you wake up it will (probably) have finished...
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We've released a new launcher that should address the issue with pre-patch not completing....
    I knew you guys changed something, because earlier when I logged out the patch started downloading as usual, but it was coming much slower but at a steady rate. I let it run and was happy to see it get past the 46% mark, and was over 54% when I left the house...

Now I'm back, the window is gone so I presume the download completed successfully. <strike>Yay.

Thank you for responding to our problem.</strike>

EDIT:
    Nope, it did NOT work. Launching the game it downloaded another 3615KB. OK fine. But upon exit it again wants to download that #&*%$ 5882MB "prepatch".
    :mad:
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    geo68geo68 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still nada Launcher disappears after a few seconds I've been at it all day
  • Options
    mango76mango76 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As with others, the 9.8GB patch keeps freezing on me. Right now it's at 18% which is the best I've gotten so far. I followed the suggestions to improve the process, however it's been over an hour and I'm at 18%. Considering my net speed, that's just silly.

So, is there an offline installer/patch file available that I can download and then install? Not keen on waiting 4 hours for this to complete.
This discussion has been closed.